Obi-Wan Kenobi (Wandering Jedi) - VC245

GNT

Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi will be getting his own figure from the new show in the Vintage Collection:

1653521981047.jpeg

Will you purchasing him?

Reaction score
Multiples for me. These are the types of figures of I can't get enough of. I can see myself ending up with 3-4 of this and the Vader.

Reaction score
Most likely. I have an optimistic feeling about the show and the idea that this might become my definitive version/look/era/feel for Obi Wan.

Reaction score
it's too early to tell so I'll have to wait until we get better in hand photos but this might get a pass from me as that torso looks way too long, like maybe the joint wasn't popped in all the way.

Reaction score
All I need is a lot and unlit hilt that pegs in, they better not skimp

Reaction score
Will be getting one for sure, who doesn’t want a wandering Jedi figure?

I also would love a spirit Qui Gon Jinn figure (remember that Yoda told him that he would teach Kenobi to communicate with his old master? 🥲)

Reaction score
it's too early to tell so I'll have to wait until we get better in hand photos but this might get a pass from me as that torso looks way too long, like maybe the joint wasn't popped in all the way.
yeah, that's what I first thought when that cardback image was leaked few days go
these 3 OWK figs look great, glad i already preordered the case. I guess a few possiblr figures for TVC and retro based off the trailers and all 3 were on the list as well as Grand Inquisitor and Owen. I suppose 5th brother should be as well. Vader does seem redundant but seems inevitable since the overall feel is "Obi-wan v. Vader" duel/rematch/pre-match. lol.
The Kenobi fig looks off w/ that rib-cage joint but after looking at it a few times, I'm starting to think the fig in promo-shot is not assembled correctly or completely. It looks as if the top torso piece and lower torso piece are not snapped together, ie top part is merely resting on lower part. Didn't the TBS/TIE fighter carded Chewbacca have that issue to that the torso pieces were not snapped in place properly thus giving him a bit of extra height and elongated torso? I seem to remember holding that fig and the torso joint was very loose and i pushed the figure together, it made a snap sound and figurewasn't as loose Here's a quick copy/cut/paste edit i did in basic paint program to demonstrate what I'm suggesting. I removed the saber to throw off proportions.

owk  a.pngowk  b.png

Reaction score
I love Obi-Wan and I’m looking forward to the show. But I’m not yet sold on this design, and also especially not sold on the figure, but that is a very blurry and small picture.

Reaction score
the outfit design kinda resembles owen and to an extent, fixxer from deleted scene. Doesn't shout out "Jedi" but does disguise a bit as a moisture farmer

Reaction score
I'm really, really hoping the three from Kenobi are included in the Wave 12 EE case, as all the online power brokers have said. That appears to be one of the best cases assembled in recent years, with these three included.

But I can see myself getting a second Obi-Wan figure, if for no other reason he's Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
The torso joint is less offensive than I thought. Still bad, but not bad enough to ruin a solid figure!

I think the the long shirt design kinda accentuates the torso cut to make it look worse than it actually is. Really elongates the look of the torso.

Reaction score
The torso joint is less offensive than I thought. Still bad, but not bad enough to ruin a solid figure!
If they had done it the same way they did for TBS version I'd definitely be getting it, for now though I'll wait and decide later when I see it in person.

Reaction score
I'm in love with the design, I'll be buying a few, and so happy he has an unlit hilt, hope figuarts gets him done too, otherwise the BS will do

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Wandering Jedi). VC245. Code-named Tucsan.

On shelf Fall 2022. MSRP is $14.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday June 1st at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation, as well as original Kenner branding, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH OBI-WAN KENOBI (WANDERING JEDI) Figure is inspired by the character in the STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI series. OBI-WAN KENOBI is set years after the dramatic events of STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH where Kenobi faced the corruption of his friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned Sith Lord Darth Vader.
Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 6 accessories.

Press Images

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-8-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-9-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-10-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-11-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-12-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-13-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-6.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-9.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Wandering-Jedi-OWK-Loose-12.jpg

Reaction score
i think this is going to be my preferred ep2/ep3 kenobi. sure, not fully screen accurate, but who knows if/when we'll ever get real updated versions of those guys.

Reaction score
Wow, he looks pretty good to me! Good looking figure, good looking card, and he's got plenty of custom fodder potential. Might get three or four. Does his little accessory articulate? It looks like it must open up.....

bac

Reaction score
I guess we pay more for Merrick's droid to get more accessories on a more important figure, like Obi-Wan.

The "standing" Lola is articulated as well. That's nuts.

Reaction score
It's certainly refreshing to see figures starting to come with a decent or normal amount of accessories again. Also I really like what they've done with the robe here.

Is it just me or does it look like he's leaning to his right in all the pics?

Reaction score
Not to derail this, but Obi Wan coming with Lola pretty much guarantees that when (if?) they do Cal Kestis, he'll include BD-1, right?

I'm actually really excited to get this figure.

bac

Reaction score
^ Considering the mold can be used with Cal and Peli, I'd put the odds of BD-1 at high. Very high.

Reaction score
^ Considering the mold can be used with Cal and Peli, I'd put the odds of BD-1 at high. Very high.
I forgot about Peli. At this point, I think she's gonna end up being a 'deluxe' box with all her Droid accessories and that would probably be worthwhile.

Reaction score
I hope with getting Lola with Obi does not mean no Lil’Leia figure. It would make more sense for Lola to come packed with her.

Reaction score
I forgot about Peli. At this point, I think she's gonna end up being a 'deluxe' box with all her Droid accessories and that would probably be worthwhile.
I think a Disney Peli droid pack would be cool even if they are annoying to get. Hasbro really seems to not like doing many droids anymore.

Reaction score
I think a Disney Peli droid pack would be cool even if they are annoying to get. Hasbro really seems to not like doing many droids anymore.
I dont disagree with that, but they DO seem to like packing small characters as accessories. Mando with Grogu; Mando with Grogu and spiders, all the Walmart packs coming with grogu, including Ahsoka and her owl, now this... they're becoming big fans of the Buddy System.

Reaction score
Honestly I don't expect them to even make Peli at this point considering the lack of Inquisitors in TVC not to mention so many others still needing to get made. I also find it odd they would reveal/release Vader(Dark Times) so early when he should be the "surprise" closer towards the end, Reva an Obi-Wan makes sense and even the other Inquisitors due to being seen so soon. But Vader should have the "build up" of anticipation till he finally appears all clad in armor and having to do the job himself when all others fail. So having him be included in the initial first batch feel weird and tell me they don't have any other figures from the show planned.

So now they'll repaint those three into Carbonized versions, possibly even repaint Obi-Wan to look like his blue shirt version and new SG's scarf put it in the $21 DLX SKU with a couple extra accessories such as T-16 model or cooking items. Then release him again possibly with a repack of the Eopie. Then in about three years from now we might get one of the other Inquisitors, Leia w/Droid etc.

Since they seem to like to keep to only a few main characters per show I can't see them branching out too far for characters like Peli when the line still lacks such important character from across the media. There just isn't enough space it seems, and they apparently can't drum up enough cash flow with all the reruns they're put out to release enough new characters for everyone.