Obi-Wan Kenobi - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
This guy and his wavemates are listed as "out of stock" at toysrus.ca and have been for sometime, but I came across an end-cap full of them at one of our brick-and-mortar TRUs the other day. Decided to pick up Obi-Wan since I had a coupon (and after noting that Echo, like Rex, cannot properly hold both of his pistols). Was rather irritated to find that, despite the increased price and newly-tooled parts, Hasbro (again) didn't bother to tool up a proper lightsaber-gripping right hand. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
None here. He is the last one of these that I need. I've been checking both the app and the site throughout the day for weeks and only had a "hit" once, where he showed in stock but, same as you, he was gone before I could check out. The only one of these to even show up in stock in my area was Hawk, and when I went to that store they didn't have any.

The only one I've been able to get in store was Anakin. I tried in store with the Obi-Wan DPCI a few times, and even called every day for a few days in a row. Last time I was in the store, the guy said they did get Obi-Wan, but he sold out. Well, no kidding. I guess it should at least be a sign of hope for restocks with the tags still on pegs in the Star Wars section. It's pretty sad when I'd even be happy paying the $33.00 and some change to get him shipped from the website.

Reaction score
Dang it, just got an email from Target that my order from May 28th was cancelled. I came here to write this post and got the “Great news, your item is back in stock!” popup from the app. I got him in my cart but couldn’t checkout.

Pretty ****** to cancel my order and immediately sell more of them to someone else. 🤨

Reaction score
Man, that sucks! These have been very frustrating. I managed to get Anakin ordered from Target.com, but the others have been a chore. Got Echo from a fellow 'scummer, but Obi-Wan has been a no go so far. Fortunately I'm not interested in Hawk. None of these have shown up in stock at stores here either.

Reaction score
Well these were just in stock briefly this morning and I missed it. I checked Target just as they sold out, live on screen! So frustrating!!!!!!!! I don't even see a "notify me when back in stock" option. I have been trying to catch these in stock for over a week with no luck. I will try a couple more times, then I am done. I will just pay scalper prices on ebay to be over this mess.

Reaction score
Anakin and Hawk were the only in store finds for me. However I’ve been checking for another OB1 for a friend and the next state over from me is just getting them in. Which usually means the Targets near me will start getting them in a week or two. This one has been a real pain to just plain order online

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I don't want to jinx it because they haven't shipped yet, but I was able to get a couple more this morning. I guess I shouldn't complain considering some haven't been able to get even one, but I've just had rotten luck getting one that's not been damaged. They're supposed to arrive Saturday, so if some damaged packaging doesn't bother you, I'll probably have a couple available then.

Reaction score
Guess I should have bought more of this wave when I saw them on the shelf at TRU last week...🤔

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they cancelled my order for “insufficient stock” and others here are buying multiples hours later.

Reaction score
I was finally able to snag one, too! Should be here Friday. I may still try to dig one up locally so I can inspect the paint properly.

Reaction score
Yup, mine should be here Friday too. After weeks of constant checking, I woke up to pee at 0445 and checked the app and there it was! Almost thought I was still asleep and just dreamed it LOL.

LOL, I had originally planned to buy a couple of these for head swaps, but not at $35 a pop. If I ever see one in store, I probably will pick up another as well but I'm not holding my breath. These have not shown in stock here locally at all.

Reaction score
Well, this is getting beyond frustrating. I missed out again on this morning's availability. So, I have thrown in the towel and downloaded the target app, got all my payment and shipping address setup and notification when this is back in stock. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Got him today, and man I really love the likeness. As I am not exactly a fan of the Tartakovski CW, I am considering to take the previous CW Kenobi off my want list 🤔🤔

Just wish Hasbro comes up with a Padawan "Snips" Ahsoka now 🤪
Can't remember, did Ahsoka give Kenobi a nickname too ? 🤔 Guess I need to do another CW marathon again 😊

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately, even when you do get a successful purchase through, you then have to worry about this happening in transit (if you are a MOC collector)

The only 1 of the 4 that arrived intact was Obi-Wan. They were all in separate orders over a couple of weeks, so it wasn't an isolated incident of damage - 3 of the 4 boxes looked as if they were run over by a truck and the Obi-Wan shipping box still showed damage.

20210614_192316.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got him today, and man I really love the likeness. As I am not exactly a fan of the Tartakovski CW, I am considering to take the previous CW Kenobi off my want list 🤔🤔

Just wish Hasbro comes up with a Padawan "Snips" Ahsoka now 🤪
Can't remember, did Ahsoka give Kenobi a nickname too ? 🤔 Guess I need to do another CW marathon again 😊

I Love the Tartakovski CW show. I just wish that Walgreens Commander Obi would have come with his clone helmet.

I too would love a padawan Ahsoka. I do not believe she ever gave master Kenobi any nickname. She always seemed to revere him too much.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, even when you do get a successful purchase through, you then have to worry about this happening in transit (if you are a MOC collector)

The only 1 of the 4 that arrived intact was Obi-Wan. They were all in separate orders over a couple of weeks, so it wasn't an isolated incident of damage - 3 of the 4 boxes looked as if they were run over by a truck and the Obi-Wan shipping box still showed damage.

View attachment 389482
Thanks for sharing this information-I'm going to stay with in store pick-up.

Reaction score
I'm an opener, so having it shipped from Target is ok with me. That said, my Anakin came in a pretty beat up box. There was some creasing on the "range finder" portion of the card. TBH though, I think this card design just lends itself to damage (not the kind of damage Booster had though).

Reaction score
Anyone needs an obi wan let me know. I figure instead of returning it, I'll offer it here. cost plus shipping. My cost since it was bought at an "urban" target it was $27.99 and some change with tax.

Reaction score
OMG! I just won the lottery, lol. I have been refreshing Target's Obi-Wan page all afternoon and my ship finally came in. Ship to store should be arriving by the 25th.

Now, I just hope that Target does not cancel my order. :mad:

Reaction score
OMG! I just won the lottery, lol. I have been refreshing Target's Obi-Wan page all afternoon and my ship finally came in. Ship to store should be arriving by the 25th.

Now, I just hope that Target does not cancel my order. :mad:

oh, I know. mostly everything is more at those targets. Back when the remnant stormtrooper was out, I found 3 there for $22.49 each

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if mail carriers actually dislike Target, after all it's their boxes that always seem to arrive the most damaged.

Reaction score
This was finally available to ship just before 4 AM this morning so I was able to get one ordered, it also helped that I had $3.50 in circle rewards to knock the price down to what it's supposed to be.

Glad to finally have Echo and Obi-Wan out of the way but gee what a chore, I sure hope if Jesse or Fives are ever done they aren't released the same way... This wave was the tipping scale of me hanging up my hat on collecting 6".

Reaction score
I got one!!! Notification of it being in stock popped up quite literally as soon as I picked my phone up. Made it through checkout and even got a confirmation already. Redcard is a wonderful thing. Free shipping and basically saved me the sales tax. Says Saturday for delivery, but will have to wait and see.