Obi-Wan Kenobi - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Hasbro original statement on US availability this morning:
We appreciate you reaching out about these Star Wars: The Clone Wars 6-inch figures and apologize for any confusion. These figures were recently available in Canada for pre-order in limited quantities, however, in the US they will only be available for purchase exclusively at Target beginning this Fall.
And the follow-up with updated info:
Just a quick update! These figures will not be available for pre-order in the US, but will be available both in store and online exclusively at Target beginning Summer 2021
Info comes via jedibusiness.com
Of course, via yakface some stores show arrival around 5/20 for in-store stock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro original statement on US availability this morning:

And the follow-up with updated info:

Info comes via jedibusiness.com
Of course, via yakface some stores show arrival around 5/20 for in-store stock.

Yikes, Walmart's handling of the last BS TCW wave was ****, like they got 1 shipment for a week and that was it. I don't know if target will be the same.

Reaction score
I'm in Central Jersey, and the Target nearest me only had Obi-Wan. I almost missed it, if not for a fellow collector who saw me leaving the SW aisle, and asked if I was looking for them, as he had already talked to a worker, who had gone in the back to bring them out. Unfortunately, it was just a case of Kenobi. She checked the numbers, but there was nothing else in stock. Supposedly they're getting more in a few days, but she couldn't tell us which one, and if it's the weekend, it's doubtful I'll even be able to get there. Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Reaction score
Anyone in Central FL find these as yet? Called a few Targets and they said mid week...

Reaction score
Anyone in Central FL find these as yet? Called a few Targets and they said mid week...
They’re in Southern Florida, picked up Kenobi and Echo today. However, had to go to two different Targets to get them. The Echo’s weren’t on the floor, had to ask an employee to get them.

Reaction score
No luck today at Target. I really hope I can find these. I been crying for CW figs for years and now they start making em but they’re damn Wallyworld/Target exclusives. I’ve checked all the dpcis and nothing around me yet

Reaction score
I'm guessing the DCPI works in store as opposed to being useless online? I have to go to Ikea tomorrow so I thought I run by target to check while I'm in town even though it's probably too early. lol

Reaction score
DCPI does work in store. Toy Manager started laughing when I asked him, said I was nearly the 20th person to ask yesterday.

Reaction score
$27.99???? That's what I had to pay for 1. I know they consider it an urban target, but with the galaxy's edge figures they charged $24.99.

Reaction score
Well, there are 5 Targets within acceptable driving distance of my home...every one sold out immediately (and I only wanted Obi-Wan).
I've been collecting since release of the first four 6 inch figs, but this is what's making me seriously giving up collecting these.
Considering keeping my current collection, set up a permanent display, and alleviating tons of stress that ideally should be fun.
(I know....I'm ranting...sorry).

Reaction score
EDIT : What's making me seriously CONSIDERING giving up collecting these.

I couldn't agree more. They pull stupid crap like this, and it makes collecting no fun at all. Especially when you are trying to find certain figures (like this one) for one of your own disappointed kids. Would it have killed them to make these available on Hasbro Pulse?

Speaking of this figure: I was looking at photos on Ebay, and...let me get this straight. Is this supposed to be a Black Series "live action" version of a 3D CGI-rendered character? Or is this supposed to be Black Series Prequel-era Obi-Wan sculpt wearing the armor from the animated CGI series?
Is this then, a live action version of a CGI render based on a live-action version from a movie? So.........why?

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. They pull stupid crap like this, and it makes collecting no fun at all. Especially when you are trying to find certain figures (like this one) for one of your own disappointed kids. Would it have killed them to make these available on Hasbro Pulse?
If certain sources are to be believed, Hasbro is basically bent over a barrel WRT exclusives as a result of Toys R Us going under. In the absence of TRU, which apparently represented something like 80% of the shelf-space devoted to toys in the US, major retail chains like Walmart and Target are in a very strong position, and so can demand all sorts of "dealer-incentive" exclusive items in exchange for stocking product for a given manufacturer/brand. 🤔

Speaking of this figure: I was looking at photos on Ebay, and...let me get this straight. Is this supposed to be a Black Series "live action" version of a 3D CGI-rendered character? Or is this supposed to be Black Series Prequel-era Obi-Wan sculpt wearing the armor from the animated CGI series?
Is this then, a live action version of a CGI render based on a live-action version from a movie? So.........why?
LOL

Reaction score
No luck at nay of the Targets I visited today, Clackamas and Airport Way. Though about stopping at the Mall 205 store but after s certain pint it feels fruitless to keep stopping and I didn't have all day to devote to Target stops. Heck even the Walmarts I stopped at still look like they have since before December, barren.

If certain sources are to be believed, Hasbro is basically bent over a barrel WRT exclusives as a result of Toys R Us going under. In the absence of TRU, which apparently represented something like 80% of the shelf-space devoted to toys in the US, major retail chains like Walmart and Target are in a very strong position, and so can demand all sorts of "dealer-incentive" exclusive items in exchange for stocking product for a given manufacturer/brand. 🤔
I'd have an easier time believing in that if it were still 2007ish, but times have changed to a more online environment today. Plus the fact that both Targets and Walmarts I stopped at today had zero offerings for everything I was looking for, and not much of anything else either. Toy sections in stores today are/seem consistently empty more now than they ever do during holidays.

Sure TRU might have accounted for a large chunk of the pie, but it doesn't seem as if they've even offered other placed increased shipments. If anything they seem to stop short of even supplying those online shops enough to fill pre-orders as it i, to say nothing about the cancelations after the fact..

Reaction score
I'd have an easier time believing in that if it were still 2007ish, but times have changed to a more online environment today. Plus the fact that both Targets and Walmarts I stopped at today had zero offerings for everything I was looking for, and not much of anything else either. Toy sections in stores today are/seem consistently empty more now than they ever do during holidays.

Sure TRU might have accounted for a large chunk of the pie, but it doesn't seem as if they've even offered other placed increased shipments. If anything they seem to stop short of even supplying those online shops enough to fill pre-orders as it i, to say nothing about the cancelations after the fact..
I think that you can chalk that up to the amount of product that retailers are actually ordering...🤔

Reaction score
Went to Target this morning expecting to find nothing and was halfway towards giving up and heading out when my eye caught white packaging at the far end cap. "Hello there!"

4 Obi-Wans were there. I grabbed one for me and one for another collector. Sadly, no one else was out. Went to 4 other stores and no luck. Hoping Anakin won't be too difficult to find.

Reaction score

Yes it is supposed to be that and couldn't agree more. It's ... dumb.
They spend money on that tooling.
I have no idea about this but it makes me wonder if there are added cost with likenesses, so to save a little they do this.
Still a weird decision.

Reaction score
Happy to see they've fixed the 'blush' cheeks and tanned face that was a bit of an eyesore on the previous release of this headsculpt. This is one of the best uses of Photoreal I've seen

Reaction score
Happy to see they've fixed the 'blush' cheeks and tanned face that was a bit of an eyesore on the previous release of this headsculpt. This is one of the best uses of Photoreal I've seen

Is it the same sculpt?
If so, it baffles me even more why didn't they tool out a new realized animated face for this one, to go with CGI Anakin.

But yes, the Gennedy version is a great face sculpt!

Edit: Just to be clear: It baffles me even more why they went with the CGI-to-real Anakin, if they have not, with this Obi.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it the same sculpt?
If so, it baffles me even more why didn't they tool out a new realized animated face for this one, to go with CGI Anakin.

But yes, the Gennedy version is a great face sculpt!

Edit: Just to be clear: It baffles me even more why they went with the CGI-to-real Anakin, if they have not, with this Obi.
I'm pretty certain it's the same sculpt just with some different skin shading looking at a couple of reviews I've seen on YT. I'll confess I dont have mine in hand yet though (Not sure when these are arriving in UK)

Reaction score

I think you're both right. I think the online presence has increased but isn't quite where it should be, and that at the Executive, ivory-tower level of Wal-Mart & Target, the higher-ups are demanding exclusives from Hasbro, yet the reality is, on the homefront, it's a completely broken system with desolate toy sections.

Now, you could account for both problems by referencing Hasbro's supply formulas, which never seem to be right. For every SW exclusive or Cobra Island release that I will never see in a store, there's 4 cases of Shang-Chi figures hanging around.

Reaction score
To date, I have only ever found about 2-3 Exclusives actually inside a Walmart store, and this is going back since TPM era. I found one Ewok 3-pk, so I was actually elated at that fact. The only other one I remember was the Aurra Sing EU repaint from Saga line which I didn't buy, and then the last one was TPM 3D figures. Luckily they made enough of them that I was able to get Ric Ollie , Naboo Pilot and G8. Everything else I've ever gotten since has been online.

So while Walmart might still throw their weight around to get things, what's the point if they don't show up in stores at all?

Yes it is supposed to be that and couldn't agree more. It's ... dumb.
They spend money on that tooling.
I have no idea about this but it makes me wonder if there are added cost with likenesses, so to save a little they do this.
Still a weird decision.
I think it's basically an attempt to appease those who like that particular style, I can remember back during TCW there was big support for animated look while I personally preferred the realistic look. I would rather have the realistic looking head if I I were to buy Anakin, so I will most likely pass on him because I don't feel like paying an extra $22 for just the head from the regular figure. I like this Armored look for both Anakin an Obi-Wan though.

Reaction score
I think it's basically an attempt to appease those who like that particular style, I can remember back during TCW there was big support for animated look while I personally preferred the realistic look. I would rather have the realistic looking head if I I were to buy Anakin, so I will most likely pass on him because I don't feel like paying an extra $22 for just the head from the regular figure. I like this Armored look for both Anakin an Obi-Wan though.

I think it's either Sideshow, Hot Toys or Gentle Giant who have recently revealed a new figure of the animated Anakin. That looks sweet as F!
If they are going for animated look, go the distance and not this realistic version of a CGI characther based on a real person, as @samtheq said it so beautifully above :)

The plus side is there's an alternate head for armybuilding or generic characters.
I would pay the money though, if I can swap the head to the real Anakin, because these ARE great looks for both Ani and Obi, as you also say :)

Reaction score
That' just it, they should have two different head sculpt for a release like this. Though I get that it might be too costly to tool up an extra head specifically for one release but it's not like they'll never reissued the thing again to recoup that tiny loss. Every new mold has some built in loss upfront with the pay off being over years of reuse. And I know the costs they pay for this line is more than it is for Marvel, which is why we see more accessories there, but it wouldn't kill them to include a little more.

Then again maybe it's not even Hasbro, but LFL and their strict policy on how to release a figure. We all know about the whole Teebo head swap issue from years back, so it might very well be that LFL wants a certain look for the figure? IDK. 😕

Reaction score
That' just it, they should have two different head sculpt for a release like this. Though I get that it might be too costly to tool up an extra head specifically for one release but it's not like they'll never reissued the thing again to recoup that tiny loss. Every new mold has some built in loss upfront with the pay off being over years of reuse. And I know the costs they pay for this line is more than it is for Marvel, which is why we see more accessories there, but it wouldn't kill them to include a little more.

Then again maybe it's not even Hasbro, but LFL and their strict policy on how to release a figure. We all know about the whole Teebo head swap issue from years back, so it might very well be that LFL wants a certain look for the figure? IDK. 😕

So very true - alternate head option would have been the optimal solution.
And they had to persuade LFL to be allowed to make those holiday troopers, so there's that.

Reaction score
Just got extremely lucky. Had to grab some food but decided to run by my closest Target just to see and they had ONE of him left on a random endcap. Considering he’s the only one I wanted, I’m happy. I assume this means they’ll be falling off the pegs for weeks now.

Reaction score
I was able to find Obi Wan but none of the other three at my local Target. I picked up a couple extras in hopes of trading for the others if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
I was able to find Obi Wan but none of the other three at my local Target. I picked up a couple extras in hopes of trading for the others if anyone is interested.
Interested in a Hawk for an Obi-Wan?

Reaction score
According to the guy I talked to, Obi-Wan is supposed to arrive Monday or Tuesday. I really just want him and Anakin, who I was able to secure today.

Reaction score
Obviously got to be an early worm to get these! lol I figured if anything they would go up early Monday morning, but still I likely wouldn't have found them without the link. I've searched several times using key words like Black Series ARC Trooper, Obi-Wan etc and never had anything pop up so I don't know how you found them or what your search criteria was.

Reaction score
I woke up at 6 and Anakin and Hawk were all that were left. I’ve got Echo coming through a trade but I would’ve liked to snag OB1 from Target but no luck. Hopefully he pops back on stock.
Edit: got an in store order for a Target 30 min away. Not optimistic it will get filled.

Last edited: