Obi-Wan Kenobi - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi based on his look from the original run of The Clone Wars.
Target Exclusive. DPCI: 087-16-7462. $24.99. The press release states that these will be available Summer 2021, but inventory checks show these as arriving in-store on or around 5/20. Was the previously codenamed "Snow".

From the starwars.com article:
Eric Franer said:
The previous Clone Commander Obi-Wan figure was inspired by the Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars [2D micro series]. It was a great figure, but we felt like it was important to get this clone armor version from The Clone Wars into the line. And since we were planning on including an Anakin figure, it was a great pairing to have the two together as they appeared in The Clone Wars.

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-TCW-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not a Target exclusive. . . This is a must buy for me. I've never unboxed my old Clone Commander Obi-Wan because I've been waiting for this version. I guess I can sell that old version of Obi-Wan now.

I hope this head sculpt makes it onto the ROTS Obi-Wan which is supposed to release later this year!

Reaction score
I hope it's the photographs and lighting, but he looks very bloated in the face.
I love this version though, will get it and swap the head from the Gennedy version.
I'm thinking the same thing. I scoffed when the Ventress photos came out because the head appeared odd and too round, but in hand she is perfect. Hoping the same for this Obi Wan.

Reaction score
WOW! So excited for these new Clone Wars figures. I have the original Clone Command Obi and I used that head for the original ROTS Obi and bought an extra Ep II Obi to place on the Clone Cmdr Obi. So much fun.

Reaction score
I have to bring this up because this is the Clone Wars version of the Obi-Wan Kenobi. Why couldn't Hasbro include a removeable helmet?

The figure does look good but it would have been awesome if it also came with a removeable helmet.

Reaction score
Yeah as said in the main thread this one is a 100% buy, if one can actually find it/pre-order it. lol

Reaction score
This guy and Echo are absolute buys for me. Stinks that they’re Target exclusives. The only thing worse are Wallyworld exclusives.

Reaction score
For anyone with experience...

When these exclusives drop, am I better off trying to get them using the Target app, or just going to the website?

Reaction score
Yep, like to get this one. Hopefully, the toy gods will be kind and I will happen upon that
two minute window when he’s available for pre-order.

Reaction score
For anyone with experience...

When these exclusives drop, am I better off trying to get them using the Target app, or just going to the website?
I always use the app with pre saved info and I use my red card.

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm an opener but that package is tempting. I grew up with the TLC era products, and I might just have to buy 2.

Reaction score
they could’ve at least given him a helmet and a rocket.

My thoughts exactly. For the $24.99 price, Hasbro should have included more accessories. Again, I would have paid a couple dollars extra for the helmet and rocket. Don't care if the packaging looks cool, I'm not getting it.

I'm going to wait until Hasbro finally gets this figure right. Since this is the second time Hasbro has released the Clone Commander Obi-Wan Kenobi, I get the distinct feeling that they're not done with it just yet.

Reaction score
WANT! :love:

I hope we still get an ultimate ROTS version though. Will snap this guy up no question, but ROTS is really what I'm waiting for. I guess they'll drop that closer to the time of the Kenobi show airing.

Nonetheless, BEAUTIFUL looking figure! The character selection in the Black Series is absolutely stellar lately. This is what we want Hasbro! Keep at it!

Reaction score
I hope we still get an ultimate ROTS version though. Will snap this guy up no question, but ROTS is really what I'm waiting for. I guess they'll drop that closer to the time of the Kenobi show airing.
According to Yakface, the Orange Line #10 ROTS Obi-Wan is being re-released as part of the 2021 Archive Line wave 3 coming around August.

Reaction score
Pretty nice like others have said...shame they're missing the jetpack and helmet.

Reaction score
I only ever saw the Walgreens Clone Wars Obi Wan once and the paint aps on the beard were terrible so I passed. I like this one better anyway. Hopefully, this one turns out good and I can find it.

This and Anakin are a must have for me. Probably pass on the other 2 though
Same here.

Reaction score
According to Yakface, the Orange Line #10 ROTS Obi-Wan is being re-released as part of the 2021 Archive Line wave 3 coming around August.

...really? That hideous thing? I really hope not. I would be so disappointed. It's an awful sculpt. I really hope they completely redo the body. Re-using the Clone Commander head as they seem to have here for this new TCW version is fine as it's a beautiful sculpt, but the body for ROTS Obi really needs to be redone from scratch IMO.

Reaction score
I find it odd to reissue Revan #34, aside from initial scarcity it did become easier to track down and was available for $30 max from several places for a good while. We even got a GG repaint. I'm even a big Revan fan but even I struggle to see the need for this so soon.

That said it does seem they are improving on steps to combat secondary high pricing by getting figures out again sooner. So the underlying theme here is don't give into temptation and just wait it out?

Reaction score
Ill have to get these, missed out on Obi last time sadly so to get another chance i'm all for it. Maybe we will see Rex in this packaging? hmmm.

Reaction score
Brilliant! I just hope the pre-order process won’t be too difficult. I was never able to get the Target exclusive Hondo.

Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better if there was some kind of listing on Target.com to refresh, but I guess the longer they hold out the less of a chance bots can be set up to buy them all. Fingers crossed. The thing is these seem to be readily available in the UK and Canada and haven't sold out in second/minutes.

Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better if there was some kind of listing on Target.com to refresh, but I guess the longer they hold out the less of a chance bots can be set up to buy them all. Fingers crossed. The thing is these seem to be readily available in the UK and Canada and haven't sold out in second/minutes.

Let's hope the absence of a listing is meant to frustrate the scalpers and bots and that the figures are plentiful. Fingers crossed!