Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 4 - CW12 2012

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro has plans to release a season 4 Obi-Wan Kenobi, this release appears to have a cloth skirt piece.

You can view the image here

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if he has ankle articulation this time......
Nope, reports say Anakin and Obi-Wan have same articulation as 2011 releases.

To my thoughts:
PASS! This is an absolute waste of space! All they've changed is the skirt is now fabric, and a five year old could probably do that.

Hasbro, you disappoint me...

It's as if they were listening to Gungan Attack, when Dooku said they couldn't allow the Republic to have any hope. Looks like Hasbro don't want us to have help...

Reaction score
I can see his head is different from the previous season 3 version, a much better sculpt.

Reaction score
I'm gonna hold out for the Fall 2011 re-release of this figure. It's the same sculpt except he has a spaghetti sauce stain on his shirt.

Reaction score
Below the belt, this looks different from the S3 Obi-Wan. Can't tell if there's a cloth-goods skirt, but it would make sense for him to have one because we know the S4 Anakin is getting one.

I'm disappointed that Hasbro is releasing another new Obi-Wan this year, but I understand the reasoning behind it, and, because the variation is striking enough to me, I'll definitely get one.

Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe Hasbro is giving this figure a second chance. I personally don't think it will sell any better. I don't think kids will buy a duplicate for soft-goods. If they wanted to make a cheap figure, they should have gone with Masters Di or Halsey.

Reaction score
I'll be getting it, but probably not the first time I see it. I might just wait for that time when I haven't bought any new figures in a while, and I just need something new to buy.

Reaction score
I'll be getting it, but probably not the first time I see it. I might just wait for that time when I haven't bought any new figures in a while, and I just need something new to buy.
Man, and I thought I was the only one with that attitude :joyous: . I also usually buy something just because I haven't bought anything in a long time and not because the particular figure is an absolute must have for me. Hence I think the 'new' Obi Wan will be one of those trivial purchases...

Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe Hasbro is giving this figure a second chance. I personally don't think it will sell any better. I don't think kids will buy a duplicate for soft-goods. If they wanted to make a cheap figure, they should have gone with Masters Di or Halsey.
I think S3 Obi sold fine, but Hasbro overreached with his anticipated demand like they did with the TVC ROTS Clone and Sandtrooper. It wasn't quite as bad with S3 Obi as it was with those two, though.

Reaction score
I think S3 Obi sold fine, but Hasbro overreached with his anticipated demand like they did with the TVC ROTS Clone and Sandtrooper. It wasn't quite as bad with S3 Obi as it was with those two, though.
Did it sell fine though? Because I was at WM the other day and saw a dozen s3 Obi figures on clearance for $3...

Reaction score
From my own experience I can say that the last CW Obi Wan did not sell very well. When the wave he was in got released during the end of January '11, myriads of Obi Wans were clogging the pegs. Even in September (8 months after the initial release!) you could still find them rather easily.
I hope this won't happen again...

Reaction score
I think that he was just packed in every single shipment. It reached a point were everyone already had him, so he sat.

Reaction score
without fabric i wont even consider it. last year there were no less than 30 obi figures on the pegs at one store. no more hasbro! nooooooooo!

Reaction score
Not happy to hear he won't have a partially soft good tunic. Guess we all fell for an optical illusion or automatic assumption caused by the 2012 Anakin having a cloth tunic.

I do hope his eyebrows won't be angled like they are in the pictures we've seen of him so far. Those should be titled "Obi Wan's Eyebrows of Fury!";)

Reaction score
I guess with the partially soft goods tunic we all fell for an optical illusion or perhaps an automatic assumption caused by the 2012 Anakin's release featuring one.

I do hope the eyebrows won't be as angled as we've seen them in the pictures so far. Those should be titled "Obi Wan's Eyebrows of Fury!";)

Reaction score
I guess with the partially soft goods tunic we all fell for an optical illusion or perhaps an automatic assumption caused by the 2012 Anakin's release featuring one.
I believed it, too. The slideshow presentation from NYCC makes it look as though the figure had softgoods. But these most recent photos show that he is lacking the fabric. Oh well, I'll be getting him either way.

Reaction score
It's weird that at this point we still can't have the two main characters with ball hinged hips, yet other less present characters have received the SA treatment. Has Hasbro ever said anything about that?

Reaction score
I recall Hasbro saying that they determine articulation based on the characters needs as a toy, or something to that effect. Mace needed to fit on the AT-RT, and Quinlan had to fit on his surf-board now that he's a Surfin Jedi dude and so forth. They've also said that they chose who gets what based on their budget for the line.

Reaction score
I recall Hasbro saying that they determine articulation based on the characters needs as a toy, or something to that effect. Mace needed to fit on the AT-RT, and Quinlan had to fit on his surf-board now that he's a Surfin Jedi dude and so forth. They've also said that they chose who gets what based on their budget for the line.
Yes, because Obi-Wan doesn't need to fit in his starfighter...

GNT

Reaction score
It's weird that at this point we still can't have the two main characters with ball hinged hips, yet other less present characters have received the SA treatment. Has Hasbro ever said anything about that?
Hasbro does that because they'll always release main characters and can always release better versions later on to sell. Background characters usually only get one shot at retail and that's it, if they don't get it right the first time then we may never see it.

Reaction score
I was pretty excited for this figure originally, thinking it'd be an SA upgrade of the first Season 3 Obi Wan.
Then I found out he wouldn't have a soft goods tunic and that his eyebrows would be angled like that. Strike one.
Then I found out he wouldn't have ball-hinged hips. Strike two.
And now, thanks to swCollector's high-resolution pictures I finally noticed the non-articulated wrists. Strike three.

Talk about wasted tooling resources. There is absolutely no logic behind this particular figure. None.

I'm glad I bought the first Season 3 sculpt.

Reaction score
This figure feels, well, unnecessary since we got a very similar one last year; this one should've been Obi-Wan in his Rako Hardeen disguise instead.

Reaction score
I give this figure another minus point for having such a lazy painted lightsaber. The hilt is only mono coloured and the pale blue blade makes it look as if it ran out of power. Last year's lightsaber had much better paint details.

If you really want to improve a particular figure, Hasbro, then stop revising minor details for the sake of others that were better on the previous version!

Reaction score
I kinda like the head.
if it was swappable with the earlier Obi figs, it could be cool to give him different expressions.
he looks pretty ticked off here.
but chances of me buying this?
pretty much zero.

the plastic skirt is okay by me, though.

GNT

Reaction score
Another figure that could have been much better, is Hasbro getting lazy with the Clone Wars figures or what?
Hasbro is cutting back on articulation across their brands, don't expect to see many articulated figures in the near future.

Reaction score
Hasbro is cutting back on articulation across their brands, don't expect to see many articulated figures in the near future.
Only Star Wars articulated figures will be The Vintage Collection, and even that's going on temporary leave for next year...

Reaction score
They shouldn't expect me then to part with my money...unless I can somehow customize the hell out of it to make the figure (or an older figure) better. Sad news and a poor decision by Hasbro management.