Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) - Orange Line #10 - will be reissued as part of the 2021 Archive Line Wave 3. Has photo-real deco. Adjusted hair color. Referenced TCW Obi-Wan for deco even though different head sculpts.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, June 10th, at 1:00pm ET at most major retailers. On shelf late 2021. MSRP $22.99.

Press Images

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-ROTS-Archive-Loose-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep the undersized head is a dealbreaker, especially after the two amazing Obi wan figures we got fairly recently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was the most disappointing reveal of the day. ROTS Obi-Wan deserves much better. He should have gotten a complete redo. This is one of the most important characters in Star Wars, and his ROTS look is as iconic as his ANH and TCW look.

At the very least, they should have given us the Clone Commander/TCW Obi-Wan head for this.

Reaction score
Disappointing yes, but expected. Archive releases have never had anything except deco changes.

At least the tiny head looks better?

Reaction score
What complete re-dos have we had in Black Series so far? Yoda is the only one I can think of.

Reaction score
I’m very disappointed with this Obi-wan, this figure deserves a drastic upgrade. Not for nothing they could’ve used the Attack of the clones Obi-wan body, since the entire tunic is painted similar & they could’ve put the legs & boots from Revenge of the sith Obi-wan on to that figure & plus he would’ve still had lots of articulation with the ball joints. Lastly they could’ve also added the Clone-wars head or the Walgreens Obi-wan head as well, including a brown under tunic similar to Mace Windu’s around the neck, which would’ve made the figure look so much better.

I’m so happy I’ve decided to make my Own Obi-wan custom.
Come on Hasbro, get it together !!!

Attachments

• 6A682F89-38F9-46B8-BC40-27880261A396.jpeg
    6A682F89-38F9-46B8-BC40-27880261A396.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • CD84780C-4369-4BC1-94DA-A52652A2E829.jpeg
    CD84780C-4369-4BC1-94DA-A52652A2E829.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • E3B94448-1B06-4750-BBE7-3BA93D9EAFBA.jpeg
    E3B94448-1B06-4750-BBE7-3BA93D9EAFBA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • CA08D2AD-CADE-4C48-944E-622451DAE195.jpeg
    CA08D2AD-CADE-4C48-944E-622451DAE195.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 44
Reaction score
Right. You get a lot of value added to that though because you can use those molds for lots of trooper variations.

We already have better Jedi body molds (which have a lot of reuse, although not as much as Troopers) and a better head sculpt for Obi-Wan. There was no excuse for what Hasbro gave us. They didn't have to create anything new to give us a better ROTS Obi-Wan. However, can the line not afford to give us a quality version of one of the most important iterations of one of the most important characters? Cut costs in other places, Hasbro!

Reaction score
We already have better Jedi body molds (which have a lot of reuse, although not as much as Troopers) and a better head sculpt for Obi-Wan. There was no excuse for what Hasbro gave us. They didn't have to create anything new to give us a better ROTS Obi-Wan. However, can the line not afford to give us a quality version of one of the most important iterations of one of the most important characters? Cut costs in other places, Hasbro!

I understand what you're saying, but to match a different Jedi body to the Clone Wars Obi-Wan head would require new tooling somewhere, and Hasbro simply doesn't do that in the Archive line. They almost certainly can, but they won't.

They updated Bespin Luke's head for the ESB anniversary line, but that's not the same kind of line as Archive; it's not explicitly repaints, where Archive is. It would have been better if they held ROTS Obi-Wan for some kind of anniversary line, but when would that be?

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
I’m very disappointed with this Obi-wan, this figure deserves a drastic upgrade. Not for nothing they could’ve used the Attack of the clones Obi-wan body, since the entire tunic is painted similar & they could’ve put the legs & boots from Revenge of the sith Obi-wan on to that figure & plus he would’ve still had lots of articulation with the ball joints. Lastly they could’ve also added the Clone-wars head or the Walgreens Obi-wan head as well, including a brown under tunic similar to Mace Windu’s around the neck, which would’ve made the figure look so much better.

I’m so happy I’ve decided to make my Own Obi-wan custom.
Come on Hasbro, get it together !!!

Agreed. My custom is definitely safe from being replaced now

Reaction score
I know archive releases don't get new head sculpts but come on, a better head sculpt literally already exists. They could have just slapped the Clone Wars Obi Wan head on this body and it would have been a huge improvement.

Reaction score
I passed on this figure when it was pegwarming for £5 in The Entertainer as recently as last year; what kind of maniac thinks I'd be willing to drop £20 on it just because it's in a different box?

Reaction score
Is doing the head swap with Clone Commander Obi and the 2013 Obi as simple as a literal head swap? Any additional work needed to switch out those two heads?

Reaction score
Yeah, this is frustrating. They have a great episode 3 Obi-Wan head that they've used twice already. I passed on the other exclusive Obi-Wans thinking they would use that new head for an eventual RotS figure. Why in the world would they not? Especially with all the positive buzz around that new head sculpt when it debuted. I can't believe they didn't use it here. Now it's hard to find those exclusive, but I'm not buying this figure. I'd rather have a hole in my collection than buy this figure.

Reaction score
I think we're starting to see the cracks in this Archive line.

It works great when it's reissuing good figures that sold out and became hard to find because they were good.

Less good when it's about bringing back old figures that are only harder to find because they're old. RotS Obi-Wan doesn't need a repack, he needs a complete redo.

The line has moved on so much since this figure came out, and such a major character deserves a version that makes the most of updated articulation to get decent two handed lightsaber poses. Maybe for RotS' 20th in 4 years?

Reaction score
Yeah, this is just disappointing. I swapped my original figure's head with the Walgreens Clone Wars figure and I guess that will just remain my ROTS Obi-Wan for the foreseeable future. I kind of thought, well even if they re-use the same pin head (which they did), they might at least change the skin tone, but nope...same old dead fish pale look.

Reaction score
A battle damaged release would have been fun. Would it really kill them to include a robe? I know they would charge another $10 for it but come on.

Reaction score
Its my favorite look for probably my favorite character, I'm still buying it and still really looking forward to it despite it's serious shortcomings (seriously), but completely agree, in such a dire need of a proper redo like ROTS Anakin. Very much like Cody, I expect in the next two to three years we'll get a proper version, then eventually milked to death in a ROTS 20th retro card/Mustafar two pack with battle damage/Eta Starfighter and/or Boga maybe someday etc etc etc.

As someone else said, it really highlights the shortcomings of the archive line now and how far they've come, I remember being so happy with Anakin, I still am, but he increasingly looks like a relic next to figures like Mace and Dooku. I think anything pre-red box now needs a complete redo (dreading Jedi Luke's turn, or Boushh), that said, I don't own them but I think the only exceptions are Greedo and ANH Han, who with ANH Ben and Krennic are the only ones I'm after seeing in the archive line personally (plus Jabba, but he's his own thing). Anything else like Rex, Aphra or TPM Obi are straight re-releases

Also makes me think, seeing yet another Obi missing his cloak, how Hasbro could print money with accessory packs with the amount of characters missing them, two or three jedi robes, lightsaber swoosh effects in the main colours like Dooku's, blaster deflection blasts from comic Luke, blaster effects like the Disney stormtroopers etc