Obi-Wan Kenobi - Light-Up Lightsaber - MH16

Reaction score
That's funny that you mention finding them at a grocery store. I swa some remnants at Walgreens but I wasn't about to pay 15.00 a figure there. I wish normal retailers would get these.

Reaction score
Well, I'm only paying for the head.* The TVC Obi-Wan I have was a freebie, so if I pay a little extra for this figure I'll come out about even.

*That sounded filthy.

Reaction score
I got the MH figure and did the head swap last night. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes.

Reaction score
Still haven't seen these at retail, and I'm starting to doubt I will with all the pegwarming duds hasbro put out. Time to streamline the line Hasbro.

Reaction score
Honestly I can't see where this head sculpt is that much better than TLC one, neither of them look like Ewan.
Other than it having a bit more detail, especially the hair they are very similar.

Now the Qui-Gon head might be worth tracking down.

Also why is there no archives for MH line, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Reaction score

forget articulation, I'm sold on these. They look better, they're cool. Makes me excited for the next ones. like someone else posted earlier, throw a robe on them and they look that much better. to each his own though.

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not but ws_toys on Ebay has this Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Vader up for sale. As always this is an overseas seller so purchase with that in mind. It may be worth it since it's considerably less expensive and retail is hopelessly and miserably stubborn about carrying any of this wave.

Reaction score
For those that collect variations, I just noticed that Hasbro has changed Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber Blade from a darker blue to a lighter blue. This actually is a change for the better. The first release of Obi-Wan had a darker blue Lightsaber Blade which resulted in a dark blue almost purple color when you turned on the LED. Hasbro then changed his Lightsaber Blade to a lighter blue. This resulted in a nice bright blue color when the LED is turned on. The darker blue Saber Blades have already came and gone at my local stores and the lighter blue Saber Blades are now showing up. The samples I have do share the same date stamps of 12832

Much larger photo can be seen here: swCollector - Obi-Wan Kenobi - MH16

Reaction score
Found MH wave 2 leftovers at one of my local wallys today, only new ones left were the 2 lightup figures. First time that I see traces of anything beyond wave 1 at any major retailer here so that is giving me some hope :)

Reaction score
I found both the Obi and Qui light up figures over a month ago, at a local Wally in Ky. I got them simply for the headswaps. I really do like the sculpting on the bodies though. They have some good detail. I just wish they had better articulation.

Reaction score
I found both the Obi and Qui light up figures over a month ago, at a local Wally in Ky. I got them simply for the headswaps. I really do like the sculpting on the bodies though. They have some good detail. I just wish they had better articulation.
I too am after Qui-Gon purely for the head swap! Have only seen light up Obi who has had his head swapped already.

Lots of droids warming pegs but no other light up light saber figures here in UK stores. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked up this figure at HEB in Alice TX and I got to say the light up lightsaber looks sweet sculpt is good to

Reaction score
Well....the Mrs. wanted to get Chinese takeout tonight so, since we were venturing back out and I was so impressed with Qui-Gon, I picked up Kenobi - also just for the head. Amazing results. Fits even better than Qui-Gon did and matches skin tone perfectly. Love it. Makes the Hasbro Vintage / Legacy Collection Episode I Kenobi look like a bootleg.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well....the Mrs. wanted to get Chinese takeout tonight so, since we were venturing back out and I was so impressed with Qui-Gon, I picked up Kenobi - also just for the head. Amazing results. Fits even better than Qui-Gon did and matches skin tone perfectly. Love it. Makes the Hasbro Vintage / Legacy Collection Episode I Kenobi look like a bootleg.

are they both the samw body, the vintage AOTC obiwan body? it looks great but arent the colors a bit off, and quigons robes are supposed to be longer right? ive been on the fence getting these lightup figures also for the headswap, the sculpts are fantastic.

Reaction score
I tried the headswap with the AOTC Obi-wan body as well, and I didnt like the results - the body is too tall and bulky compared to the TPM Obi-wan. Maybe they'll release this headsculpt on another body in the future? As a matter of fact, is this head the same one from the 2013 deluxe line?