Obi-Wan Kenobi - Light-Up Lightsaber - MH16

Reaction score
does anyone know if there will be a way to replace the batteries in these figures once they die out?

Reaction score
Dan, I was just taking a closer look at your pics...what is up with the "skirt" on this figure? In the ride side view, it looks like it wraps around and has a peg that plugs into his side...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dan, I was just taking a closer look at your pics...what is up with the "skirt" on this figure? In the ride side view, it looks like it wraps around and has a peg that plugs into his side...

Both Obi Wans and Qui gons skirts wrap around and then plug into a hole on the side of the skirt. Theyre compltely removable, I dont know why i just assumed it was for the electronics purposes.

Reaction score
Also, I didn't realize that the lightsaber blades were removable...interesting.
I was able to remove the lightsaber blade with no problems. There is a little ridge around the base of the lightsaber blade that makes it snap into place when you slide it into his right arm. There was no glue holding it in place, at least on the one I have. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
The faceskulp on this is so much better than the legacy figure. If they had put tis head on the normal version I would have bought it.

Reaction score

When you remove the skirt, his lower torso looks odd and kind of blocky. This is probably due to the batteries and electronics sealed inside, so basically the skirt hides this. Unfortunately there is no access to any electronics under it. Would have been nice if you could replace the batteries if and when they go dead.

Reaction score
Finally found this wave today and picked up both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon . My original reason for getting them was to just for using the headsculpts (which are both amazing) on the TVC figures. I was really surprised, and pleased, to discover just how great these figures are on their own merit! Sure, they aren't super articulated, but the headsculpts are amazing (as I already said) and the light up feature is awesome! They aren't too overly bulky and there is more articulation that I expected. Even my wife thought they were cool, and she couldn't care less about my "toys" normally.

I took a lot of pics, so bear with me, and some of this will be cross posted to the respective figure's thread, but since these two figures pretty much go hand in hand, I thought I would include pics of both then focus on the figure in question.

Here are Master and Padawan:

With robes from the TVC figures:

Heads swapped with TVC Qui-Gon and TVC AOTC Obi-Wan:

Obi-Wan's lightsaber in action:

Headswapped Obi-Wan:

And a little bit closer look at this fantastic sculpt:

They really nailed the likeness on Obi-Wan IMO...right down to Ewan's signature mole. The skin tone matches perfectly with the TVC AOTC figure too. I realize the AOTC figure isn't 100% screen accurate to TPM but the head fits better on the AOTC figure and I can't stand the mismatched ankle joint on the TVC figure. Also, the boot color on the AOTC figure matches the TPM costume better and I don't care for the weird gray pants on the TPM TVC figure.

For now, I think I am going to stick with the two headswapped figures, but I will definitely be on the lookout for another set to keep stock as I really do dig them. I'm now looking forward to the other lightup saber figures as well.

One note on head swapping, I didn't need to do anything special (boiling, dremeling) to make them fit...both fit pretty easily with a small amount of force (no pun intended) but beware, once you swap them, there's no going back! The socket stretches out and the head will be too loose. I'm sure there might be a way to shrink it back if so desired, but I am keeping them as is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One note on head swapping, I didn't need to do anything special (boiling, dremeling) to make them fit...both fit pretty easily with a small amount of force (no pun intended) but beware, once you swap them, there's no going back! The socket stretches out and the head will be too loose. I'm sure there might be a way to shrink it back if so desired, but I am keeping them as is.
It's been my experience, that if you just remove the stretched head and either put it back on the original figure, or just leave it off for a while, it will shrink back to where it was originally. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Yeah, you are probably right. I think I read something somehwere about plastic having a "memory" and reverting back to it's original shape unless it is heated or something.

So I did a bit more work on my head-swapped Obi-Wan. Swapped his robe out for Qui-Gon's as it is lighter and more accurate to the film color. I also gave it a water treatment. I don't know if I am 100% happy with it, the robe is a little big on him:

Reaction score
A little update on my Obi-Wan...pohatu commented int he customs section that I should try the Legacy AOTC Obi-Wan (BD44) because the inner section of the tunic is white. I gave it a go and I like it a lot better now. I don't know if it's an optical illusion, due to that part being white, or if the tunic is actually lighter as well, but I think that figure has more of a TPM look to it. Only down side is the mistmached ankle joint, but I can live with it, it's not as noticeable as the joint on the TVC TPM Obi-Wan...

Reaction score
Here is Obi Wan light up head with TVC TPM Obi Wan body. I like this version the best, as the overall height of the figure is shorter than the AOTC version, so he looks more like a teenager. I know the colors are not accurate, but at least this one makes all the Obi Wans look unique. I apologize but most of these pics came out dark due to poor lighting.

Together at last!

The whole gang... (Too bad Qui Gon never got to see Ani Youngling)

You can see the slight height difference

I, II, III, IV

Reaction score
Awesome, Jer! I just found these last night and did the exact same thing!

The new MH Obi head does NOT fit well on the TLC/TVC body. The MH neck joint is too big and deep in the head. I just transplanted the neck ball from the light up body onto the regular one.

I'm gonna paint Qui Gon's neck and Obi's pants the right color today.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a very nice paint job on Obi Wan's pants. I had to think which body that was for a second. Those head sculpts look so much better with those TVC bodies. I hope this head-swap business is not a trend. Hasbro just needs to release them like this out of the box, then people don't have to buy a bunch of figures just to make one decent figure.

Reaction score
That is the one good thing about these figures, you can take the heads off and put them on the TVC figures.

Reaction score
I still have not seen any of these light up figures or the new sculpt Anakin, Padme or Jar Jar, how long have they been out?

Reaction score
They've apparentlybeen out for quite some time, (people in Europe picked them up with the launch of the new cardbacks) but distribution is terrible on this wave. Very few u.s. Sightings so far.

Reaction score
I still have not seen any of these light up figures or the new sculpt Anakin, Padme or Jar Jar, how long have they been out?
Me either, I don't think I'll ever see them at the rate wave 1 is selling near me. The vehicles like the Pod Racers and stuff sold through just fine, but the figures are just collecting dust.

Reaction score
Sadly there has been plenty of sell through of wave 1 here but I have still not seen wave 2. It would have been great timing if they went for a Spring Easter push. Oh well, maybe they will be easier to find in a month or so.

Reaction score
Wave 1 warming the pegs/shevles in Asda & Tescos across the UK.

Last edited:
Reaction score

If there are any Fry's Marketplace stores in Kingman, look there, that's the only retailer that has carried this wave so far here in the Phx and Tucson areas.

Reaction score
how does the lightsaber look litup? looks pretty bright to me.

Reaction score
Yeah, they are pretty bright...and the whole saber lights up nicely, unlike the POTF2 ones. It's really pretty cool IMO

Reaction score
While the likeness is good, I wish Hasbro would have choosen a string for the Padawan braid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked up this guy today. He looks cool, too bad this guy wasn't released in the first wave of movie heroes. I could have seen him doing quite well. What's going to probably happen instead is these guys will barely hit the shelves due to the mediocre figure choice currently hogging up all the pegs. I found him at Toys R Us of all places and surprise surprise, he wasn't in the computer. Looks like someone put him out on the floor on accident.

GNT

Reaction score
Saw him but passed, I didn't think the likeness was spot on for this figure so I left him hanging on the shelves.

Reaction score
While the likeness is good, I wish Hasbro would have choosen a string for the Padawan braid.

Agreed, it looks more like a Dave Lister do!

Sadly the nice pose of QGJ & OWK above is impossible as the lightsaber only stays on whilst the button is pressed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody know if the head from this Obi Wan fits on the TVC figure? That one has a seriously bad face sculpt.

Reaction score
Let me see if I have this straight so I don't wind up wasting money...

The head from the MH figure does fit on the TLC/TVC body, but it's a little deep so you have to fill the extra space with blue-tac to make it fit. Is that about it? I saw the light-up figure at the grocery store the other night, and I'll pick it up tonight if it's still there.