Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Vader (Showdown) 2-Pack VC#290 & VC#291

GNT

Reaction score

Star Wars The Vintage Collection Unveils Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Vader Showdown 2-Pack​

CBR can exclusively debut the first look at the new Star Wars Vintage Collection figures for Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader.

The major battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker (aka Darth Vader) from Obi-Wan Kenobi serves as the inspiration for a new 2-pack of action figures for Hasbro's Star Wars: The Vintage Collectionline.

Set to launch pre-orders on Sept. 14 at Amazon, the Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (Showdown) and Darth Vader (Showdown) 2-pack features the iconic characters famously played by Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen. The 3.75-inch scale figures come with premium detail and design with its product and packaging that's reminiscent of the original Kenner line. CBR can unveil exclusive images of the 2-pack ahead of the pre-orders going live

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-1.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-4.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-5.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-21.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-22.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-9.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-17.jpg

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-obi-wan-kenobi-showdown-and-darth-vader-showdown-2-pack-20.jpg

Along with the figures of Obi-Wan and Anakin, the set comes with five accessories in total. That includes each character's respective lightsabers along with a battle-damaged helmet for Vader. The figures as they appear are directly based on the final battle between the characters in Star Wars:Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Disney+ series that streamed last year. The announcement of the figures follows a recent return of Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker in the new series Star Wars: Ahsoka.

source - CBR

Who will be purchasing this pack?

Repost from General Discussion.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Showdown) & Darth Vader (Showdown) 2-Pack from Season 1 of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Code-named "Vicksburg".

Both are carded and placed within an outer box.

On shelf Fall 2023. MSRP is $39.99.

Available for pre-order September 14th at 1pm ET at
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
and additional Fan Channel retailers including
Amazon-Icon-18px.png

Press Release

On a desolate, rocky planet, Obi-Wan Kenobi confronts his past in a decisive battle against his former Padawan and friend Anakin Skywalker—now known only as Darth Vader. Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION OBI-WAN KENOBI (SHOWDOWN) AND DARTH VADER (SHOWDOWN) 2-pack inspired by STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI live-action series. This figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes 2 figures and 5 entertainment-inspired accessories including Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber and Darth Vader’s battle-damaged helmet.

Press Images

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Carded-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-1.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-2.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-3.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-OWK-Boxed-4.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Darth-Vader-Showdown-OWK-Loose-6.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-4.jpg

VC-Kenobi-Showdown-2-Pack-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Showdown-OWK-Loose-6.jpg

The price of this along with the exclusive Fetts are setting a bad precedent. Of course Hasbro knows this is something most collectors want & because of that will pay more for. Unfortunately that is only going to inform them to keep raising prices. They are already pushing it. $19.99 for each figure that both are mostly reuse.

I'm undecided on this. I want it more for the Obi Wan, but I kind of feel like I don't need a 3rd one from this show. And he doesn't have the soft good robe the 6 inch figure came with.

The price of this along with the exclusive Fetts are setting a bad precedent. Of course Hasbro knows this is something most collectors want & because of that will pay more for. Unfortunately that is only going to inform them to keep raising prices. They are already pushing it. $19.99 for each figure that both are mostly reuse.

I agree, and the collectors that keep shrugging off price increases aren't helping the situation at all. I'm honestly not sure if most collectors are clamoring for this set, I honestly think it's a bit dull, considering how many versions of these characters we already have. Likewise, if they're reusing parts, they shouldn't be charging more than a basic assortment figure, that's just taking consumers for granted and assuming we'll pay whatever they ask. I certainly don't need another box, just toss them into a normal case. That said, I hope more people wait for clearance, eventually a message has to be sent or we'll be paying TBS prices for everything in TVC.

I am pretty much the only one on the planet who ranks Obi-Wan as my favorite Disney+ show. And that's fine. I was a staunch prequel defender before the arrival of the ST made being a prequel-era fan permissible.

Cannot wait for this set!

Although I have no idea why these two couldn't have existed in a normal case assortment, I'm thrilled we're getting them, regardless. They will be front and center in my Disney-era loose display.

So...serious question here. Outside of color, I can rarely even tell the difference between Jedi tunics unless it's rather overtly noticeable. The only drastically different things I notice here are the blaster holster and the color. My reason for bringing this up is: would some of this mold work for a new, update for any of the PT Obi Wan Kenobi's? He needs new legs and the appropriate head and décor, but...just trying to see if I can predict the future here.

I am pretty much the only one on the planet who ranks Obi-Wan as my favorite Disney+ show. And that's fine. I was a staunch prequel defender before the arrival of the ST made being a prequel-era fan permissible.

Although I have no idea why these two couldn't have existed in a normal case assortment, I'm thrilled we're getting them, regardless. They will be front and center in my Disney-era loose display.
I liked it. Not the best, and it had plenty to legitimately criticize, but I enjoyed it.
I was also looking forward to this version of Obi-Wan but I think they missed the mark a bit on the face and torso sculpt, plus that price point is hideous. At the same time I'm not sure if waiting for a sale is an option.

I've pretty much enjoyed all the D+ shows so far. Boba Fett and Mando season 3 are the weakest. But everything else I've really liked.

I'm no prequel fan by any means, but I did love the show.

So...serious question here. Outside of color, I can rarely even tell the difference between Jedi tunics unless it's rather overtly noticeable. The only drastically different things I notice here are the blaster holster and the color. My reason for bringing this up is: would some of this mold work for a new, update for any of the PT Obi Wan Kenobi's? He needs new legs and the appropriate head and décor, but...just trying to see if I can predict the future here.

My first thought seeing the Obi Wan was "that would be a nice base for few different customs. Especially having the new hips".

Although I have no idea why these two couldn't have existed in a normal case assortment,

That is just it. They absolutely could have & SHOULD HAVE except Hasbro knows they can get more for these 2 figures. They couldn’t do that in a normal case assortment without making all of the figures in the case the same higher price.

I agree, and the collectors that keep shrugging off price increases aren't helping the situation at all.
And guess who'll be blamed when the line fails and has to end, those collectors who chose not to budge and either cut back or bailed.
This mold would not work for PT Obi-Wan, period. I keep seeing people bring up the notion of tooling a new Jedi sculpt to reuse/repaint for all the other jedi and I find that quite odd coming from a community that wants accuracy most of the time. Don't get me wrong they could certainly use a standard Jedi robes for some very obscure backgrounders, but when it comes to the notable ones they all did have very different to unique attire. There's far too much details to go into so I'll keep it brief here.

A new Qui-Gon cannot be used for either TPM, AOTC or ROTS Obi-Wan, and in turn a new Obi-Wan would have to have slightly different robes for each movies release, they couldn't just make a new ROTS version and reuse for both TPM and AOTC. They also could tool a new ROTS Anakin to simply repaint light brown for Obi-Wan, or any of the main Jedi. They might be able to sahre parts between AOTC and ROTS Anakin. So in reality they would need more than ten unique sculpts to cover the mains as well as some secondaries, the only ones that could share outfits are Agen Kolar and Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia and Stass Allie, Sora Bulq and Tarados Gon, and a couple others. Maybe evn Kit Fisto could share with another.

Ki Adi, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Shaak ti, Even Piell would all require unique molds. And we're not exactly going to get modern version of Yarael Poof because of the single use aspect and his outfit being unique to him.
TBH I felt they had a very good Jedi mold for reuse back in 09 with Thome, he simple needed different legs and they could have pumped out a few random jedi.

Knowing Hasbro they probably will this this OWK torso for some random jedi, which I find to be a mistake as I don't much like the aesthetics of it. Maybe new arms would make it look better. But would anyone want a Kelleran Beq based on this sculpt?

Just used Yakface’s Amazon listings for this to add it to a want list, then went to the want list & was able to add it to the cart for pre-order & checkout.

Edit - nevermind it’s live

Pre-Order Links

Showdown @ Amazon
Showdown @ BBTS
Showdown @ Gamestop

International Links

Last edited:
Should come with a left-side damaged helmet and a right-side damaged helmet, then it could double-up as the Rebels Ahsoka showdown Vader too :ROFLMAO:

And guess who'll be blamed when the line fails and has to end, those collectors who chose not to budge and either cut back or bailed.

If Hasbro makes the line less sustainable with high prices, they'll only have themselves to blame, because there are ways to provide SA figures at reasonable prices, without fleecing the consumer base - the very one that's allowed this brand to flourish for decades. No collector should feel guilty about not wanting to pay inflated prices due to corporate greed.

If Hasbro makes the line less sustainable with high prices, they'll only have themselves to blame

The thing is even if Hasbro only has themselves to blame, they will never accept the blame. If collectors stop buying because prices are too high, Hasbro isn’t going to lower prices to increase sales. They will say that collectors have lost interest & as a result reduce the budget for the line until they cancel it.

I find myself reading the title of this thread aloud a lot, but I read it like Elijah delivers the line in The Faculty....

1694725848330.png

....and I can't help but laugh a little, especially when I see the MSRP, right, Elijah?.
1694727069780.png

It's a good looking set, especially the packaging. Pretty nice images on the card and box. Figures look solid but Vader's got some chunky thighs this time. At forty bucks, I think it's too much money for a couple of figures, probably a pass.

Yeah, remember when a basic figure was $8-9 and a 2-pk/comic pack was only $13-14. Now a 2-pk is more than double a basic figure! lol

I’ll just bide my time and try to get only the Vader at a decent price. I can wait it out…

Interestingly GameStop is showing a 9/24 ship date which may be accurate since these have already been arriving in ports. So strange Hasbro waited to reveal this one right up to its release.

I find myself reading the title of this thread aloud a lot, but I read it like Elijah delivers the line in The Faculty....

View attachment 472651

....and I can't help but laugh a little, especially when I see the MSRP, right, Elijah?.
View attachment 472652

It's a good looking set, especially the packaging. Pretty nice images on the card and box. Figures look solid but Vader's got some chunky thighs this time. At forty bucks, I think it's too much money for a couple of figures, probably a pass.

UNDERRATED MOVIE!!!!

I think it's a little soon to say this is whats going to tank the line. It's the first time a TVC two pack is being made widely available for a few dollars more than what buying two single figures would cost. If they use this this kind of packaging/set to get stuff out that wouldn't normally make into a mainline assortment, then I'm happy for more ways to get other figures instead of hoping they're lucky enough to get a mainline slot.

After careful deliberation…I cancelled my preorder. I love that scene, but I cannot justify that price..plus tax and shipping.

With Amazon it will be available down the road cheaper. I am with waiting this one out.

This just may be the one where a lot of us choose not to purchase and hence vote with our wallets. Hasbro, Chris, will take notice and stop this madness.

Oh well, one can dream!

This just may be the one where a lot of us choose not to purchase and hence vote with our wallets. Hasbro, Chris, will take notice and stop this madness.

Oh well, one can dream!
Problem is we want iterations like this... we just don't want them locked into gouging or trapped with 1 lazy figure.

Problem is we want iterations like this... we just don't want them locked into gouging or trapped with 1 lazy figure.

We DO want iterations like this! Here's the question though... how do we want them?

Should Dark Times Vader have included this head and chest box as extras? Would that have been instead of extra hands or made pushed it into "deluxe" packaging?

Even the Marvel legends team has admitted with certain figures "we have a really nice alternate head sculpted for this figure, but when we started pricing out the wave, we had to cut it. But there's other costumes this character wears..."

And then also, with Vader in particular, should that just be a mainline release anyway? OR should the Dark Times Vader be a carry forward since it was a pretty universally popular figure?

I'm not disagreeing, just curious how other people would like to get figures like this.

Back