Obi-Wan Kenobi - BD34

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi - BD34 v2

echoplex said:
I scored this figure last night and think it's a very nice figure. I would have liked a lightsaber hilt and jole to attach it to his waist but other than that he's great.
That totally slipped my mind.

Reaction score

Finally picked up Ben yesterday. Is it just me, or are his legs way too short? He's got really tiny feet too. When his robe is lifted, his lower half looks really disproportionate to his top half. Normally that wouldn't be an issue cuz the robe hides the legs, but the problem is when he sits down, he looks like a kid w/ their feet dangling in the air.

The lower neck joint was also really floppy and loose, had to super glue it into place. Much better now. A flawed figure, but still pretty nice.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Finally picked up Ben yesterday. Is it just me, or are his legs way too short? He's got really tiny feet too. When his robe is lifted, his lower half looks really disproportionate to his top half. Normally that wouldn't be an issue cuz the robe hides the legs, but the problem is when he sits down, he looks like a kid w/ their feet dangling in the air.

The lower neck joint was also really floppy and loose, had to super glue it into place. Much better now. A flawed figure, but still pretty nice.
LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw my friend's Obi-Wan. It looked like he had really small shins to me but I guess they had to make some comprimises in order to make him sit well.

Reaction score

Picked up Ben the other day (along with Han, Luke, Spacetrooper and Jawa) and I'm pleased to finally have a decent Old Ben in my collection. He is not perfect but I like him a lot. The neck issue is baffling, and the SG robe is rather cumbersome, but I'm pleased overall. Hopefully they'll reissue VOTC Han, Chewie and Leia soon so I can finish up.

Reaction score

Got him. I have nothing to add. Head's too loose, looks too young. Otherwise he's great (I actually don't hate the soft goods on him).

Reaction score

I still need one. I saw it at the store when I bought the Cantina alien figures and the space trooper. He looks as good as I could ever want or need. The soft cloak does not bother me and the difference in color between the lower and upper tan robe is just fine. To me it is better to be able to have him sit down. If it was all plastic, he might as well not even have leg articulation. I love the fact that he comes with the table and holographic Leia. I hope that the one I buy does not have the same neck problems that I have been reading about. If it does, I am sure that I will still be happy with it. This is surely a definitive old Obi Wan, at least for me. Honestly I just don't want to see another one made 2 years from now.

Reaction score

Great figure. I needed to replace his hands with the VOTC Ben, because I don't get the Force wave hand and I want him to hold a saber. When did he ever make that gesture, with that hand? Anyway, the VoTC Ben's hands are a little more pink, which actually looks accurate because Alec Guiness' hands were pinkish and swollen looking.
Some pics, for your viewing pleasure

That's no moon

Reaction score

Great shots. It really goes to show how much Obi-wan can do.

The VOTC hands look pretty good. I never knew Guiness' hands were a different tone. I'll watch for that next time I watch ANH.

Reaction score

I just got this.It was the last one on the pegs but it had excellent paint apps.I am very satisfied with this. The neck joint does bother me a bit but not enough to glue iy down.

Reaction score

This Ben is awesome. If you're not with me... then you are my enemy.

Reaction score

this is a great figure. it is by far one of my absolute favorites

Reaction score

Excellent Landspeeder shot Cramer!

I don't know about the VOTC hands though, they're a completely different colour to his face which doesn't do any favours for the overall look IMO - but replacing the 'force pose ' hand makes sense if you want him to hold his lightsaber properly I guess. I actually do remember Sir Guiness's hands looking puffy-ish on camera, could've been a circulatory problem.. he was an old man after all.

Btw, I just wish they'd pull their finger out & re-release the Saga1 Landpeeder repainted in the RIGHT colours.. that would be very, very nice.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Excellent Landspeeder shot Cramer!

I don't know about the VOTC hands though, they're a completely different colour to his face which doesn't do any favours for the overall look IMO - but replacing the 'force pose ' hand makes sense if you want him to hold his lightsaber properly I guess. I actually do remember Sir Guiness's hands looking puffy-ish on camera, could've been a circulatory problem.. he was an old man after all.

Btw, I just wish they'd pull their finger out & re-release the Saga1 Landpeeder repainted in the RIGHT colours.. that would be very, very nice.
Thanks! I didn't know there was a more recent landspeeder than the POTF2. Either way, I just got it, mint in box (slighty scruffed C-7) for 9 bucks. I actually cut a half inch off the windshield with a cutoff wheel/dremel. It came too close to their chests to pose them

Reaction score

Even though I've seen five now and snagged 2, this figure is proving the rarest of the current wave.

GNT

Reaction score
Cramer said:
Finally a good looking dueling Obi-Wan with soft goods...his looking pretty good in the above shot. I think it's time for me to replace the 25th anniversart version on my shelves with this one when it shows up.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Those pics are wonderful! Here's my first Ben at home (sorry about the bad lighting and blurriness in the pic):

Reaction score
Great shot. Obi-wan looks quite good sitting there. It's cool that he can.

Reaction score

What are you planning to digitally put in that greenscreen background?

Reaction score

i want this figure soooooo bad....cant find him. any scummer want to help me out? i have $$$ and stuff to trade.

best OLD obi wan for sure.
these are not the droids your looking for

Reaction score

So far I only saw him twice, once when I found just exactly one case of wave 5 and bought him, and the second time I stopped at an out of the way Wal mart, (That wasnt a super wal mart, one of the old regular ones) outside of Birmingham on a road trip and they had what looked like a half dozen cases all out filling up the display. Every other Mal Wart near me is still sitting on a display that looks like the week after Chirstmass. Never seen this wave at Target yet. I suspect this wave will show up in force, like the one Mal Wart I saw, pretty soon

Reaction score

Devo said:

What are you planning to digitally put in that greenscreen background?
nothing. That's the color of the wall behi8nd them. For some reason, while thinking of an appropriate color for my Star Wars room, I decided on green...

Reaction score

Put a home made robe on mine. Doesn't make a big difference, but I am able to make it "lay" a bit better.

Reaction score

Cramer said:
nothing. That's the color of the wall behi8nd them. For some reason, while thinking of an appropriate color for my Star Wars room, I decided on green...
I figured that.
- great shots.

Reaction score

tierneygreen said:
Put a home made robe on mine. Doesn't make a big difference, but I am able to make it "lay" a bit better.
That's actually a very nice improvement. I like how the hood stays down and out of the way. Great job!

Reaction score

that bantha looks like it's going to ram that vaporator into everyone! lookout!! Love the pix cramer! love my avatar even more!!!

Reaction score

Cool pics. What are the skull and crown from?

Reaction score

captainmax said:
i want this figure soooooo bad....cant find him. any scummer want to help me out? i have $$$ and stuff to trade.

best OLD obi wan for sure.
these are not the droids your looking for
I'll help u out

Reaction score

KillerVole said:
Cool pics. What are the skull and crown from?
It's from the GIJoe Arise Serpentor Arise pack... Montezuma's Skeleton,

Reaction score

Brill figure always wanted it, to me it's brilliant good job hasbro, i didnt find the neck that bad and i loved his cloak very good job

Reaction score

My Obi's head/neck is a bit loose but nothing major. I think Hasbro have done a good job on this figure. Multi-articulated, ball joints in the right places, especially knees and elbows. Over all look is great.

As for his one hand being posed with the two fingers stretched out and someone above saying they do not remember him doing that, I'm sure he did that when he was mind tricking the Stormtroopers saying "these are not the droid's you're looking for" and I'm sure he did it again with the fingers like that up on the tractor beam.

Really liking the table and holo Leia.

Reaction score

darth_reaper said:
My Obi's head/neck is a bit loose but nothing major. I think Hasbro have done a good job on this figure. Multi-articulated, ball joints in the right places, especially knees and elbows. Over all look is great.

As for his one hand being posed with the two fingers stretched out and someone above saying they do not remember him doing that, I'm sure he did that when he was mind tricking the Stormtroopers saying "these are not the droid's you're looking for" and I'm sure he did it again with the fingers like that up on the tractor beam.

Really liking the table and holo Leia.
He did make a gesture at the Sandtroopers. Unfortunately, it was subtle. And with the other hand.