Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC31

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC##

A near perfect ObiWan for all your AOTC needs.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are now about 12 of these pegwarming at one of my Walmarts. This figure is going to be another shining example of Hasbro misjudging demand.

Seriously, they really need to stop releasing figures like this FOUR times in a row. This debuted on the white Legacy cardback, then reappeared on the red Legacy cardback, then in the Geonosis Arena 2-packs, and now in TVC. This is definitely another figure that should have been a "one and done" in the Vintage line. How can Hasbro not realize this would become a pegwarmer if it was packed in multiple assortments?

Reaction score
Expect it the same way as the TPM Kenobi is not far away I bet. I was all about buying one of these Ep II versions to keep carded and ended up buying a 2nd to open and replace one of the legacy versions. the minor paint apps aren't that big a deal and can def see why many would not want to re-buy many of these since it has been out so often already. I'll be very excited to get the last of the 3 PT versions of Kenobi on TVC card soon but won't go buying bunch more of that one either cause we've had plenty of it too.

We haven't had anything since Wave 2 to pegwarm around here but I can def see why this figure would if stores were getting normal amounts of wave cases.

Reaction score
I have the Legacy version of this guy, but I noticed they made a couple changes that I like (esp painting the back of his mullet. Maybe only mine was missing that but it really bugs me on the previous figure).

But I was wondering if the ankle joints are still just painted brown (which rubs off right away leaving those ugly joints in his boots) or if they're now cast in the brown plastic. Anyone know?

Reaction score
antihero said:
I have the Legacy version of this guy, but I noticed they made a couple changes that I like (esp painting the back of his mullet. Maybe only mine was missing that but it really bugs me on the previous figure).

But I was wondering if the ankle joints are still just painted brown (which rubs off right away leaving those ugly joints in his boots) or if they're now cast in the brown plastic. Anyone know?

Hmm, I have to check out mine, I think that is still the same painted joint though, this was a straight re-pack with a bit of different color on the undershirt and includes jedi robe.

Reaction score
The fact obi and mace are getting reissued means we're probably getting a new Jango Fett next year too

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they just repainted the old Jango Fett, since they’re willing to repack these ancient sculpts for Mace and Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Part of the 2022 Specialty Reissue Wave 1. Code-named "Newark". Has photoreal deco. Redone stitching on the robe for better fit.

Available for pre-order beginning today, October 22nd, at 5:00pm ET. See links at end of post. On shelf Summer 2022. MSRP is $13.99.

Press Images

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-VC31-AOTC-Reissue-Loose-6.jpg

Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they just repainted the old Jango Fett, since they’re willing to repack these ancient sculpts for Mace and Obi-Wan.
That Death Watch figure coming will probably give them a lot of parts for a new one however

GNT

Reaction score
It’s a really good version of Obi-Wan so don’t mind this one back on the shelves.

Reaction score
That's looks absolutely stunning. This is one of my favorite figures of all time and the Photo Real just really makes it even better.

Can't wait.

Reaction score
Until the Obi-Wan series figure comes along and knocks it out of the park!
Which is the on I'll buy.

Reaction score
I'm a big AOTC fan (probably my favorite movie after ESB) so for me this is like the ultimate figure from that Episode at least until a modern Jango comes out.
After all the skirmishes that have kicked up with carded collectors this past week, you come up with your spiciest take yet!

(I love it, to be clear -- it's nowhere near the top of my list, but I like when someone steps forward to say they rank a particular movie higher than most. It's nice when people like things.)

As for the figure: I have some AOTC Obi-wans from the original Saga line from when I was collecting then, so I didn't preorder this. But if it becomes available again after release, I'll probably bite. He's one of my favorite characters, I love his look from this movie, and the figure seems great.

Reaction score
As someone who actually liked the Prequels I got a lot of heat from haters back then, so I can kind of relate to those who like the ST and take heat for it.
And I too like AOTC more than the other two for several reasons that are too long to go into here, and I would absolutely love it if they did some more figures from that movie!

Reaction score
I'm a big AOTC fan (probably my favorite movie after ESB) so for me this is like the ultimate figure from that Episode at least until a modern Jango comes out.
Same, its actually my favorite of the PT, its got a good assassin plot, secret army, battle in arena, romps in a field, and mass slaughter of tuskens. You couldn't ask for a better PT movie.

Reaction score
As someone who actually liked the Prequels I got a lot of heat from haters back then, so I can kind of relate to those who like the ST and take heat for it.
And I too like AOTC more than the other two for several reasons that are too long to go into here, and I would absolutely love it if they did some more figures from that movie!

This matches my experience to the letter. Well-stated.

I would argue AOTC is the most toy-etic film of any in the saga. So many awesome vehicles and playsets from this film. And apparently the secondary market agrees. Go check out prices for the Republic Gunship and the bubble turrets sometime. There's a graded Geonosis Assault battle pack (2 pilots, 1 bubble turret, MSRP $19.99 in 2010) listed on ebay for $599.99 right now. The 2013 Toys R Us Republic Gunship with 2 bubble turrets and a pilot is begging for a 20th anniversary re-release.

This Obi-Wan looks fantastic and was an instant pre-order for me.

Reaction score
This matches my experience to the letter. Well-stated.

I would argue AOTC is the most toy-etic film of any in the saga. So many awesome vehicles and playsets from this film. And apparently the secondary market agrees. Go check out prices for the Republic Gunship and the bubble turrets sometime. There's a graded Geonosis Assault battle pack (2 pilots, 1 bubble turret, MSRP $19.99 in 2010) listed on ebay for $599.99 right now. The 2013 Toys R Us Republic Gunship with 2 bubble turrets and a pilot is begging for a 20th anniversary re-release.

This Obi-Wan looks fantastic and was an instant pre-order for me.

It's not even up for argument. AOTC is without question the most toyetic film of the entire Saga.

Reaction score
Next you'll want an updated Zam action figure! ;)
I was actually just thinking about that the other day when I finally sold off my extra, that she is now a bit dated and not as functional as others are. The pieces fall off to easy and the head sculpt to me looks too tiny. So I certainly wouldn't mind an updated but not actively wanting one, so many other AOTC figures that could use updated or never made ones before that.

Also as much is it might pain me in the wallet on what they would probably charge for a Gunship today, I really would like them to reissue it with the turrets included, or at the very least make a 2pk as Pulse Exclusive for say $50. Because that's really all I need for the three I already have.

Reaction score
Also as much is it might pain me in the wallet on what they would probably charge for a Gunship today, I really would like them to reissue it with the turrets included, or at the very least make a 2pk as Pulse Exclusive for say $50. Because that's really all I need for the three I already have.
Thankfully I have the Crumb Bomber Gunship, but my god I'd buy a reissue of the turrets, even the tiny ones from Saga, so fast.

Reaction score
does this head work on the TVC clone wars kenobi body? seems like it might look awesome.

Reaction score
Dang I wish I didn't cancel my preorder from Amazon. He'll probably be back up pretty soon though.