Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC31

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC##

LordEdzo said:
Rossk said:
Here's AOTC Obi Wan

obi_card.jpg

obi_loose.jpg

With the addition of the robe, my answer is yes, I'm down for one.
cool.gif

Hooray! they finally add a soft good jedi robe on same AOTC version of Obi-Wan!

I hope they do the same thing for EVO pack AOTC version Anakin and TLC Plo Koon!

Reaction score
Better late than never, right?

Photo Archive: The Vintage Collection - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Today's Photo Archive update features the final figure from wave 4 of The Vintage Collection. Continuing the theme of characters from Attack of the Clones, here's a "Greatest Hits" version of Obi-Wan Kenobi that includes a little bit of "newness" to him. Read on to get the full review!

and that's all folks!
wink.gif

Reaction score
Shouldn't Obi-Wan's tunic be darker and contrast more with his pants? The 2002 Obi-Wan figures seemed to have the right color shceme.

The TVC version looks off to me, even though it is better than the TLC version. The Geonosis 2-pack version had a better tunic color but the pants were off.

Reaction score
checking out curto's pic page from above, can anyone tell me which obi-wan that is the 6th for the left (3rd from right) in the photo of released aotc obi-wans? i keep drawing blanks on which release that is. I've ID'd all but that 1.
confused.gif

Reaction score
R1G4R3PO said:
checking out curto's pic page from above, can anyone tell me which obi-wan that is the 6th for the left (3rd from right) in the photo of released aotc obi-wans? i keep drawing blanks on which release that is. I've ID'd all but that 1.
confused.gif
]

The Outlander Nightclub mold re-released in the Saga Legends, I think?

Reaction score
Kinderspartan said:
R1G4R3PO said:
confused.gif
]

The Outlander Nightclub mold re-released in the Saga Legends, I think?

not sure since the outlander club version is one w/ knees.
l to rt they are coruscant chase, flipping delux, acklay, outlander club, tru4pk/hall of fame repack, ???, TLC BAD, vintage

edit- figured it out...gotta be the aotc pilot w/o robes. The head set isnt clear in the group pic. maybe if it was placed 3rd from left i couldve figured it out sooner
wink.gif

Reaction score
I love this look of this figure. I think i will have to pick this one up.

Reaction score
TVC-1376.jpg

From left to right (Jedi robes):
SAGA Obi-Wan (02-36)| SAGA Deluxe Obi-Wan (Kamino Showdown) | TVC Obi_Wan (VC31)

TVC-1375.jpg

From left to right (no robe):
SAGA 02-03 | SAGA Deluxe (Force Flipping) | SAGA 03-01 | SAGA 03-39 | Jedi Warriors multipack | ROTS Jedi Vs. Separatists battle pack | TLC BD-44 | TVC VC31

NOTE: I am aware that the Geonosis Arena figure is not shown here. That is because I have not yet opened them up to shoot them.
wink.gif

GNT

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, looking at all those AOTC Obi-Clones all in one spot I must say wow they all look like crap until we get to the Legacy version. It sure did take tem a while to nail Ewan's likeness and make a pretty decent figure.

Reaction score
Sorry Hasbro, I am through buying figures I already have just because you added a few minor little features to dupe me into giving you more money. From now on it it isn't new I am not buying, enough with the kit bashing and repacks in the Vintage line, this was supposed to be something special, not a dumping ground.

Reaction score

Looking at the back of the card, wasn't the first appearance of this figure in the Saga line with Zam's Assassin droid, not the Outlander Club version?

I still think the colors are off. I'll wait until they paint him next time. 2 years from now I would bet.

Reaction score

INDY said:
Looking at the back of the card, wasn't the first appearance of this figure in the Saga line with Zam's Assassin droid, not the Outlander Club version?

I still think the colors are off. I'll wait until they paint him next time. 2 years from now I would bet.

That is correct sir! the first version was the one with the assasin droid, this is clearly a mistake, but it is not the first one as there is another one but I don't recall which one is it.

EDIT: I remember now the Stormtrooper, first release was a star wars card and not the ESB one.

Reaction score

Got this figure yesterday. I like it alot, but I wish it didn't suffer from apey arm syndrome.
frown.gif
I can't for the life of me figure out why the arms are so long on this guy!
confused.gif

Reaction score

DarthMenace said:
Got this figure yesterday. I like it alot, but I wish it didn't suffer from apey arm syndrome.
frown.gif
I can't for the life of me figure out why the arms are so long on this guy!
confused.gif

So he can hold his lightsaber with both hands I think
tongue.gif

Reaction score

What's everyone's opinion on the proper hair color for prequel Obi-Wan Kenobi? I think this release is a bit too dark. The clone wars versions (both TLC and animated) go way too red, as does the latest TPM release. I think the TAC ROTS gets closest to being accurate. I'm thinking of repainting the rest of these heads to match. Thoughts?

From L-R in photo: TLC TPM, TVC AOTC, Comic Pack, TLC CW General, Original CW, Updated CW, TVC/SAGA ROTS Pilot, TAC ROTS

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
INDY said:

That is correct sir! the first version was the one with the assasin droid, this is clearly a mistake, but it is not the first one as there is another one but I don't recall which one is it.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the mistake. The first AOTC Obi-Wan figure was '02/#03 "Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)."

Reaction score

I know this debate is more or less pointless at this point, but what's seen in this photo looks like a "darker" shade of (insert whatever name of color here). Where as the color on the actual figure's undershirt looks like a much "lighter shade. Take a look & compare for yourself in these 2.........

Darker:
obiwan1.jpg

Lighter(click to blow up):

In any case, I'm all set with this figure, as I already have 3 from TLC single card & 2 from the Geonosian Sets, so I'm done either way.

GNT

Reaction score
RumSleg said:
What's everyone's opinion on the proper hair color for prequel Obi-Wan Kenobi? I think this release is a bit too dark. The clone wars versions (both TLC and animated) go way too red, as does the latest TPM release. I think the TAC ROTS gets closest to being accurate. I'm thinking of repainting the rest of these heads to match. Thoughts?

Looks like the best match IMO is the VC/SAGA ROTS Pilot head.

Reaction score

Maynard said:
I know this debate is more or less pointless at this point, but what's seen in this photo looks like a "darker" shade of (insert whatever name of color here). Where as the color on the actual figure's undershirt looks like a much "lighter shade. Take a look & compare for yourself in these 2.........

Darker:
obiwan1.jpg

Lighter(click to blow up):

In any case, I'm all set with this figure, as I already have 3 from TLC single card & 2 from the Geonosian Sets, so I'm done either way.
Definitely looks like three shades of color going on in for the tunic, the outer one looks beige, while the center is more of a tan, and the inner one looks off white/eggshell.
With the pants going for a 4th color being maybe a cream, I do wish the SG skirt matched the color of the lower tunic on the figure though.
As for the head I don't think any modern figure has nailed the hair color like AOTC line did.

Reaction score

As far as colors for this figure go, the Rebel Legion lists these for a costume:

# Beige crinkle outer tunic (with shoulder tucks), tabbards (extending only to waist in back) and obi sash.
# Off-white crinkle inner tunic.
# Off-white pants.

Reaction score

That pic is a little misleading due to the lighting, the outer tunic is all one color and there the underneath fabric is lighter. There is no in-between tunic.

star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-5-ewan-mcgregor-natalie-portman-hayden-christensen-obi-wan-kenobi-darth-vader-.jpg

Reaction score

This is the definite release for an AOTC Obi-Wan IMO. The inclusion of the robe was very nice on this release. Has anybody tried to put the TAC's or SL Mustafar duel head's on this body?

Reaction score

Out of all the figures from this wave I thought would pegwarm, this was the one. But I haven't seen it anywhere! The entire wave. This and the SBD I thought would pegwarm. I guess my estimations were wrong on this obi wan for a change. Good for you Obi.

Reaction score

I had never any interest in buying this figure just because the pictures I've seen make his hips look too wide and legs too big.
However, I picked him up in the store and liked how he looked with the robe on (great headsculpt) so I made the purchase.
No regrets, as this obi wan is the best prequel obi figure to date. The sculpt under the robe is actually really nice and I found the pictures do not do the figure justice.

Reaction score

I wish Hasbro had included an unlit hilt for Obi like they did with the other Jedi in the AOTC wave.

Reaction score

Comlink or unlit saber? Obviously i would pick hilt over a cell phone...why they keep doing this is beyond me...anyways, im glad they got this out just need TPM and theyll be done with prequel obi wans...i have to run back and get ANH vintage obi wan, and I hope they do ghost obi wan on a vintage card, also...

Reaction score

I definitely like this Obi better than the ROTS one.

IMG_14596.JPG

"Now where did I put those audio chips?"
IMG_14623.JPG

IMG_14643.JPG

IMG_14675.JPG

Reaction score

i might as well just get a cloak on ebay instead of buying this. but that might be a little more trouble than it's worth

Reaction score

I went to Walmart last night and they had finally put out a case of Wave 4... unfortunately only Obi Wan and the Super Battle Droid were left, so I passed on the droid and picked up Obi. The legs DO bother me some, but I like his looks. This is the only Obi from AOTC I have. Now the only Obi I need is an ANH one... which I bought on ebay a few months ago, only to receive a bag of G.I. Joe guns!
mad.gif

LOL The seller had accidently sent my figure to somebody else. He was a pretty nice guy actually and gave me my money back, but he wasn't able to get the other guy to send him my figure.

Reaction score

chazwinski said:
I went to Walmart last night and they had finally put out a case of Wave 4... unfortunately only Obi Wan and the Super Battle Droid were left, so I passed on the droid and picked up Obi. The legs DO bother me some, but I like his looks. This is the only Obi from AOTC I have. Now the only Obi I need is an ANH one... which I bought on ebay a few months ago, only to receive a bag of G.I. Joe guns!
mad.gif

LOL The seller had accidently sent my figure to somebody else. He was a pretty nice guy actually and gave me my money back, but he wasn't able to get the other guy to send him my figure.

ANH Obi (TLC or Resurgence) is in one of the new Target 3-packs for $20. It comes with VOTC Han and X-Wing Luke as well.

Reaction score

I had heard that, doc46. I'm considering getting that set, although I have the Han already. It's the main reason I haven't tried to get another one on ebay yet, but I'm still not decided on which course to take...

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
i might as well just get a cloak on ebay instead of buying this. but that might be a little more trouble than it's worth
This is a question I've had recently... is there someone who does custom robes?

None of the robes I have a right. I like the cut of one, but the fabric of another, etc.

Reaction score

So is this the best episode two Kenobi out there? Or is the legacy or Geonosis 2 pack one better?

Reaction score

I think this VC figure is a repaint of the Legacy version, I don't have it, or the Geonosis version, actually I don't have any of the three...but anyway, I believe it's the same as the Legacy one.

I'm wondering if this...
IMG_14623.JPG

...would play things with the same monotone Stephen Hawking-esque voice as the CommTech chip reader. That thing was a cool idea but man, the execution was pretty rough. Anytime I'd put a chip up to the thing all I could think of was the Radiohead song "Fitter, Happier." I half expected Watto's chip to include the phrase ,"a pig...in a cage...on antibiotics...."