Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC31

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC) - VC##

I guess they're going to be cranking out this one quite a lot now. It is pretty much a definitive version, and will look very nice on a Vintage Card. It's a no brainer release, but one I really don't need
smile.gif

Reaction score

Hope he'll have the right tunic color and pants color, and maybe an unlit hilt for the belt hole!

Reaction score

Unless the photo on the card is a strange one, I will definitely be picking this up! Always can handle some more Obi Wan!

Reaction score

SWEET! Now he can come off of my trade list. I'll be able to snag the other 2-3 I want.

Reaction score

Sweet! I need this Obi-Wan on my shelf!

GNT

Reaction score

It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the latest AOTC version which makes sense or perhaps they'll spice it up and go with an older version like the outlander club version from the Saga line.

Reaction score

GNT said:
It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the latest AOTC version which makes sense or perhaps they'll spice it up and go with an older version like the outlander club version from the Saga line.

No offense, but that would be extremely stupid. They could use the accessory, but the figure is unacceptable.

I do hope they make a few paint changes and perhaps a better saber, like the old Saga 2002 one with a metal hilt (those were so cool), and maybe a robe that fits him well.

Reaction score

Lol
nice photo for the card lo. Ah I love it Hasbro are a bunch of crazy mf's lol

Reaction score

GNT said:
man, GNT, you called that one... the Outlander Club figure it is!

lame, Hasbro, LAME!

Reaction score

Isn't this the Vintage Collection AOTC's Obi Wan's thread?
The figure posted on Sandtrooper.com is a SL figure, which was technically planned to be from ROTS.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Isn't this the Vintage Collection AOTC's Obi Wan's thread?
The figure posted on Sandtrooper.com is a SL figure, which was technically planned to be from ROTS.

Yeah, the pic from Sandtroopers is of the upcoming Legends line apparently. Sad to say too. Anyway, this AOTC Vintage figure should at least come with the right lightsaber and a jedi robe would be nice since they couldn't find it last time. With the shortcuts they're taking with Legends line, you'd think a robe would not be too big a deal.

Reaction score

I guess there's no thread for him specifically, but the new Kit Fisto looks good, even though I think I have four versions of him already.
smirk.gif

Reaction score

Is there something I'm not seeing here? Is there any changes to this figure or is this a straight repack?

Reaction score

still he didn't have a jedi robe (soft good). when will he get one?

Reaction score

I'll be looking for the Target Geonosis pack for a new AOTC Obi-Wan. If we get what was shown at SDCC they corrected the colors of his costume.

Reaction score

Maynard said:
Is there something I'm not seeing here? Is there any changes to this figure or is this a straight repack?

Beside the Jedi communicator that wasn't included with its legacy release, straight repack.

GNT

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
Maynard said:

Beside the Jedi communicator that wasn't included with its legacy release, straight repack.

Both Legacy versions of this Obi-Wan figure included the comlink
smile.gif

Reaction score

Well, I guessed this would come because they want all the main characters on Vintage style cards, which is understandable. But still, this just makes me even more disappointed about the Geonosis 2 packs.

Reaction score

L A M E

They could have chosen another character to repack from AOTC. I understand the need for Obi-Wan, but seeing this figure again, with seemingly NOTHING new about him is not worth another $8. The AOTC wave is going to be an easy pass for me (I think, heheh)
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Reaction score

I get that they're doing this to get Mullet Kenobi on a vintage card back - they seem hell bent to get those main releases done on the new card backs, so I kinda get that. This was a highly demanded figure just over a year ago, as everyone wanted the ultimate AOTC Kenobi. So putting it back out makes some sense.

Anything at all look new about it? Certainly not that I could see. I know there was some color complaints about the first one, so I wonder if those will be addressed in any way?

Otherwise, I'll get one to keep in the carded collection, and that will be all I need.

'78

Reaction score

Isn't this figure being released in the Saga Ledgends line, too?
confused.gif

Reaction score

Glad he's back because the AOTC wave from last year never made it out here. There was barely anything at all last year, TLC wise.

Reaction score

LordStarscream said:
fistofan said:
confused.gif
The AOTC Legends Obi is the Outlander Club one.

Initial runs had the Outlander Club one, but then there was a running change and it is this one (AOTC). I've seen both versions already on the pegs
crazy.gif

Reaction score

GNT said:
TK_842 said:
Maynard said:

Both Legacy versions of this Obi-Wan figure included the comlink
smile.gif

Damn, i must have thrown mine in the trash with the blister
frown.gif

Reaction score

Pretty sure it's the same old sculpt from back in the E1 days. It does have a hole in the back so it can attach to Obi's belt, not sure if that was new or not.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
LordStarscream said:
fistofan said:
confused.gif
The AOTC Legends Obi is the Outlander Club one.

Initial runs had the Outlander Club one, but then there was a running
change and it is this one (AOTC). I've seen both versions already on the pegs
crazy.gif

Actually the corrected Legends figure is the ROTS figure.
smile.gif

Reaction score

No matter how you look at it, there are way too many Obi-Wan figures out there!

Reaction score

Now that I know that this version of Obi-Wan is coming out again on Vintage cardback it kind of dismays me that he's also one of the figures in the Geonosian 2pks what a waste of a slot. Hasbro could have at least made the Vintage one a definative version with Cloak, Comm-link, Pilot headband comm unit and the correct lightsaber and hilt to make it worth my while to get both
frown.gif

Reaction score

You know, most people here are disappointed that this is a repack, but I'm super excited! I never got this Obi-Wan (didn't get back into Star Wars 'til March, and didn't get a figure until May or something), so I'll be getting this. 100% for sure! And as for it also being released in the Geonosis set, I'm sure there are differences. Look on the bright side!

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
You know, most people here are disappointed that this is a repack, but I'm super excited! I never got this Obi-Wan (didn't get back into Star Wars 'til March, and didn't get a figure until May or something), so I'll be getting this. 100% for sure! And as for it also being released in the Geonosis set, I'm sure there are differences. Look on the bright side!
Considering this figure is still available I see no point in putting it into a pack with something else unneeded.
Why do people who were unable to get a figure the first time want it re-release when it's still available at many places. Just an FYI I was able to get one for $4 shipped on ebay, so it's not like they're super hard to come by.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Revanfan1 said:
Considering this figure is still available I see no point in putting it into a pack with something else unneeded.
Why do people who were unable to get a figure the first time want it re-release when it's still available at many places. Just an FYI I was able to get one for $4 shipped on ebay, so it's not like they're super hard to come by.

Because for some people who missed it, it's easier to drive half an hour than wait a week or two.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
Masterfett said:
Revanfan1 said:

Because for some people who missed it, it's easier to drive half an hour than wait a week or two.
I agree. I figured I'd see this version again in this lineup, so I never bothered to find him on ebay. He looks (so far) like he has no issues, so I'll wait for this guy.

Reaction score

Can anyone spot ANY differences whatsoever between this and the previous? Facial, hairstyle, beard, belt, boots, anything? Or is it simply just a straight up exact repack?

Reaction score

Maynard said:
Can anyone spot ANY differences whatsoever between this and the previous? Facial, hairstyle, beard, belt, boots, anything? Or is it simply just a straight up exact repack?

Looks like a straight-up repack. Which is a shame because, although it's the best AOTC Obi by far, it's too tall and the headsculpt isn't very good. The upcoming Geonosis 2-pack looks to have a better headsculpt.

Still, I'll get him to keeo carded because Obi-Wan is my favorite character and it'll be cool to have him on a vintage cardback.

Reaction score

What? I loved the headsculpt on this one. I think it's the best they've done of him so far!

I actually retrofitted this head to the Clone Armor body.

THe hips on this one are pretty uncool, though. If not for the skirt, they would be a real deal breaker.

Reaction score

Well, I guess it isn't the whole head. It's just... he has a pig nose.