Obi-Wan Kenobi - #01 (08)

Reaction score
I got this figure today through a fellow scumme,r and I love him. He seems different enough than previous releases. He has a different left hand (I think), his clothes are darker color, and he has a new head (I think). Added with the ball jointed legs, I can safely say this figure is just new enough and good enough for me. Best Obi-wan ever!

Reaction score
I remember him having a closed hand and an open hand in the first couple releases. Did they change this at some point and I missed it?

Reaction score
DSIILuke said:
delta1162 said:
they use the same sculpt over and over and it is very annoying

True, however better a great figure being re-released to death than us receiving one year after year with minor tweaks on a not so great sculpt.

I've yet to see this or any of the TAC08 figures retail, although I did want a set, so maybe online would be the best route. I'm still over run with Legeneds Padme's and General McQuarries...
Something else that is definately different but not this noticable is the new obi wan has wider boots. Something that always bothered me about pilot obi was his toothpick legs with the tan ankle hinge joints. They fixed that this time around.

Reaction score
I'm planning on customising one of these as soon as I find them, so I wanted to ask which, if any, of the following heads fit onto Obi-Wan's body:

Rebel Honour Guard
Death Star Trooper
McQuarrie Rebel Trooper
Llats Ward

Reaction score
Rebel Honour Guard: Doesn't fit. Head to small for the joint
DST: Fits but is very loose, shortned the neck also.

The figure with the head that fits the Puilot Obi-wan the best is the 2006 carkoon han. The head fits perfectly onto the joint.

Reaction score
I picked this figure up the other day and the addition of the ball joints were a really nice touch. The legs were really tight like most of you had said, but I have managed to get him into some really impressive poses. My #1 want out of a figure is articulation and this figure fits the bill.

Reaction score
Popped him open this morning, pretty cool. The legs aren't as well-made as Vader's, however. Very tight, but I did notice they're 'locking'! There's teeth on the hinge, and grooves in the leg for the teeth to fit into. Intriguing! I guess it's so the joints will stay tight, and with smoother joints like Vader's (or shoulders) they might get loose supporting even the light weight fo the figure if in certain extreme poses.

I like the mussed hair & the better hair color than ol' Pilot, but the eyes & brows really bug me. Feels a lot less like Obi-Wan than previous figures. Someday I hope they upgrade his arms, or tweak the torso a bit, so it's easier to get him into a somewhat natural-looking two-handed saber pose. Vader's swivel elbows are better suited to the task, strange as it may be to some.

Too bad Hasbro didn't give either of these guys their hilts... but the holes work fine for previous hilts.

Reaction score
DSIILuke said:
delta1162 said:
they use the same sculpt over and over and it is very annoying

True, however better a great figure being re-released to death than us receiving one year after year with minor tweaks on a not so great sculpt.
That is true to

good point.

Reaction score
I want to thank Hasbro for giving me the perfect desktop "poor man's" version of that Sideshow "Vs." dio...

Finally got to open these two...and I'm impressed! When Hasbro rocks, they rock hard! I think they are both great figures...at first glance, I thought "How many more times can they fill assortments with these versions of these guys?"...but a closer look reveals they have a lot to offer as figures and for me, they are enough of an improvement to be well worth picking up.

Yeah, the head pops off Obi-Wan pretty easily and the skirt isn't quite as successful (from the back anyway) as Anakins, er, Vader's, but one can achieve some great poses with him and I'm lovin' the lava platform to display them on!

Reaction score
For anyone still on the fence about this figure...

Realizing we finally have an Obi-Wan that can ride upon the Eopie and Boga (not including the horrid Obi-Wan that came with the Boga) was enough convincing for me.

And a little Dremeling to the inside of his head took care of the long-neck issue.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've wanted a boga ever since the comic pack obi wan came out but the new one looks even better.
Been trying to find one, might have to result on the -bay.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi - #01

Nice pictures PizzatheHut, looks like this Obi-Wan might have a use after all

Reaction score

Wow nice pictures!

Makes me kind of want to go and buy a Boga now.

Reaction score

Neat shot obi_bear!

'08 Obi-Wan body + ROTS 55 headset + TSC robe + TAC head =
awesome pilot Obi-Wan!

Reaction score

And here he is on Mustafar with R4P17, his Delta-7, and some Jedi gear:

"I can't reach Anakin. R4 see if you can boost the signal."

Sol

Reaction score

Marduk said:
Don't you mean Geonosis?

Reaction score

So what's the difference between 08 Obi and the TAC 07 Obi? They looked pretty identical since pilot/holo Obi from Saga Collection to me.

Reaction score

Skv0124 said:
So what's the difference between 08 Obi and the TAC 07 Obi? They looked pretty identical since pilot/holo Obi from Saga Collection to me.
Their heads are different ('08 is intended to represent his appearance on Mustafar, while '07 has an open mouth for the breathing device from Utapau to fit in and "slicked" hair), '08 has ball-jointed hips and a soft goods skirt, while '07 has pivoting hips and a plastic skirt.

Reaction score

Got one the other day from Forbidden Planet.

I like it, the head and neck problem which people have mentioned hasn't affected my figure, but I'm not that keen on the Ball Hips for this one, his stance seems a little too wide. But it looks great next to Vader.

Reaction score

Sol said:
Marduk said:
Don't you mean Geonosis?
I used the Mustafar playset and lit it to look like Geonosis.

PadmeWan_Windu said:
Skv0124 said:
Their heads are different ('08 is intended to represent his appearance on Mustafar, while '07 has an open mouth for the breathing device from Utapau to fit in and "slicked" hair), '08 has ball-jointed hips and a soft goods skirt, while '07 has pivoting hips and a plastic skirt.
Also, the new '08 ObiWan has thicker legs, which is a good thing imo.

Reaction score

my question is: how well does he sit? i know the softgoods and lack of plastic 'round his butt adds for posability, but does the plastic tabbard at the front limit? will it warp? i need an obi for the starfighter...

Reaction score

Does the Legacy Collection Obi- Wan saga legends repack have a better fitting head?

I got this one when it first came out and it has been in great condition until a few days ago when part of his robe chipped of while posing him.

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
Does the Legacy Collection Obi- Wan saga legends repack have a better fitting head?

I got this one when it first came out and it has been in great condition until a few days ago when part of his robe chipped of while posing him.
I would also ask this in the Legacy section, since the people that look there should know for sure. Given that the Legacy version is a repack, I would say they would be identical. Since we've even seen some mold-degredation on figures like the Clone Troopers, it also stands to reason that the joint may even be alittle more loose.

Reaction score

Thanks for that advice. It turns out that it was fixed and I will have to buy another one sometime soon

Reaction score
After waiting for like a week and half I finally received this Obi Wan figure in the mail yesterday. Great figure especially a revenge of the sith figure. Wish it could have come with an unlit lightsaber to attach to the belt hole