Obi-Wan Kenobi - #01 (08)

Reaction score
I'm sold on both.

This is the first ROTS Anakin I'll have, never cared enough due to pictures showing subpar carded figures to get any previously. Now I'm glad I waited.

This'll be the 3rd ROTS Obi-Wan but its such a marked improvement that I don't mind. The hip articulation is a huge surprise, definitely a nice step in the right direction IMO.

Reaction score
Ah, victory.
I knew from the start, if Hasbro added cloth obis the legs would get the ball-jointed/ ball-hinged legs treatment.

So, where are the two naysayers Maynard and DarthDre that these figures wouldn't have ball-jointed hips now?

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi #08-01

Star_Wars_Paul said:
Well that just seals it. I am 100% sure that these will be aded to my collection. as for the Mustafar panning droid? yer. Looks like all of wave 1 bar the Octuperra droid and the Po Nudo will be bought and added. This will definately be my difinatvie version of ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin.

Reaction score

I just picked this figure up at a local comic store- its a nice figure- BJ hips are tight, and the head doesnt seem right- it really doesnt fit on the ball to good- as if the hole is to small. So it looks like he has a long neck- but its a nice figure! Hopefully the last ROTS Obi- Wan we get for a while

Reaction score

*twitch*

*twitch*

*twitch*

*explodes with excitement*

my wallet will never see the end of this one.....

THIS IS THE NEW AGE OF ACTION FIGURES!!!!!

Reaction score

Awesome! I was planning on skipping Obi-Wan and Anakin but those pics have sold me on both. I can't wait to pick them up.

Reaction score

This looks really cool. In this wave, the only figures I pre-ordered were Obi-Wan Anakin/Vader, and the Lava Droid with Platform. These three will make a really cool scene.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Reaction score

Wow - these are way better than expected; however, I think I am still going to have to resist the temptation for my wallets sake.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting said:
Ah, victory.
(single person clapping)

Tyrannusspotting said:
So, where are the two naysayers Maynard and DarthDre that these figures wouldn't have ball-jointed hips now?
Yippie skippy. He's got ball joint hips. Sure I'll pick him up, but the soft goods still looks like crap.

Dre

Reaction score

ShmashWitdaclub said:
Wow - these are way better than expected; however, I think I am still going to have to resist the temptation for my wallets sake.
my wallet may crack under this pressure. i may get all figures in this wave. though i dont know about po nudo yet

Reaction score

I'll say this is a kick awesome wave! Yeah Po Nudo meh I'd rather buy s second Obi or Octopura. I can't believe we are FINALLY getting BJ hips in the SW line. Next step... double jointed knees ala 25th GIJOE!

I mean when you look at the new Joes, and then you look at the SWs that are selling for almost a dollar more... Hasbro can't say that the articulation alone accounts for the price. I mean seriously.

Look at even the lowliest new 25th Anniversary GIJOE. They all have BJ arms, Legs, double jointed knees, ball jointed hips, wrists. (And honestly given the quality issues we have with even swivel wrists, I dunno if Ball Jointed wrists, as awesome as it may be, if they'll be terribly durable.)

But this is finally the DEFINITIVE ROTS Obi-Wan (Anakin needs a different head or something, looks good buuuut not quite 100% maybe a 95%.)

Reaction score

NickRyder said:
I mean when you look at the new Joes, and then you look at the SWs that are selling for almost a dollar more... Hasbro can't say that the articulation alone accounts for the price. I mean seriously.
Licensing fees account for the higher cost for Star Wars figures.

Reaction score

NickRyder said:
But this is finally the DEFINITIVE ROTS Obi-Wan (Anakin needs a different head or something, looks good buuuut not quite 100% maybe a 95%.)
Anakin needs ball hinged elbows

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Anakin needs ball hinged elbows

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he needs them badly. If he had those, that would be my definitive Anakin figure.

Reaction score

That Obi-Wan looks nice...thank you for the pictures. I wouldn't mind re-releases of characters as long as they were improved from year to year like this one has been for 2008.

Reaction score
I really never thought I'd be buying this figure again in any form, but I heard the good things about the new leg articulation, so I decided to get him. He's pretty great!

Reaction score
Yeah, he is great. Picked one up at Wal-Mart today and he's definitely worth getting. Aside from the obvious improved articulation, the paint apps on his head are awesome and really bring out the detail in the sculpt. Best Obi-wan figure ever.

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
Got to pop one out. I'll never need another ROTS Obi Wan again. I know I said that when Pilot Obi Wan came out, but this time I mean it.
That is, until he comes out with ball-jointed wrists.

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PEEK!!

I scored a full set of these today at a local Wal-Mart, so guess what's coming to our Photo Archive next week?

You know, I don't recall this figure even HAVING ball-hinged hips! Sweet

Here's wave 1:

More to come next week!

Reaction score
Looks like another great addition coming our way as always. Great work Dan. I think this is going to be great custom fodder
. The more pictures I see the more I want this one
. Great work as always Dan

Reaction score
This was a nice figure. Didn't even realize he had ball-joint hips!

The Anakin fig I wasn't too crazy about the brown painted scar, and the swivel elbows. Just hope someday they will come out with an Anakin ROTS with ball-joint elbows.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the new Obi on the ROTS Boga yet? I'm afraid the plastic robe pieces are still going to be a problem (even with the new hips)... and I don't want to buy another Obi-Wan, just to find out he still can't ride the stinkin' Boga!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
FORUM SNEAK PEEK!!

I scored a full set of these today at a local Wal-Mart, so guess what's coming to our Photo Archive next week?

You know, I don't recall this figure even HAVING ball-hinged hips! Sweet

Here's wave 1:

More to come next week!
Hey Curto, can you confirm that the new obi wan has larger legs that pilot obi wan. It appears that from the boots down, they are a bit beefier than the older figure.

Reaction score
Has anybody else had a problem with the head coming off too easily?

The neck on mine looks extra long too.

Reaction score
Greycap said:

Yeah, turn it too much to the left or right and it pops off. The neck on mine looks pretty long as well.

Reaction score
I think the reason the head pops off and looks too high on the neck, is because it isn't hollowed out enough.

The heads from the other TAC/Saga/Comic Obi-Wans fit the 2008 body just fine and are interchangeable.

Reaction score
This is such a fun figure (Though from what I've seen so far he's the slowest seller of the wave). I've been posing him since I got him last week but I need to find the Anakin so they can fight already. Love the ball jointed hips. Hopefully they give this same treatment to Mace soon.

Reaction score
Univearth said:
Greycap said:

Yeah, turn it too much to the left or right and it pops off. The neck on mine looks pretty long as well.

Same here.

Reaction score
geenine said:
Has anyone tried out the new Obi on the ROTS Boga yet? I'm afraid the plastic robe pieces are still going to be a problem (even with the new hips)... and I don't want to buy another Obi-Wan, just to find out he still can't ride the stinkin' Boga!
I just tried it this morning. It will fit almost perfectly on the Boga. The tabbards in the front don't look natural, but they don't hinder the ability to sit too much. The main problem though is getting him to sit flush on the saddle and still look "natural".

Reaction score
Wait no more! OBI-WAN KENOBI joins the Photo Archive!

There will be more photos to come for this figure, but I wanted to get him out there now just to shut everyone up...there, he's here...happy now?

But seriously...you know, I love this figure...but I am bored with him now. Plus, his added soft goods skirt makes his [censored] look huge!