Obi-Wan Kenobi - #01 (08)

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi #08-01

Hell Yeah. I second that notion. CLOTH them out. All of them.

Reaction score

I mean the new Mace from earlier this year. Give him that soft goods skirt and maybe he'll fit into his starfighter.

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have them. It's the Pilot Obi-Wan body with a new head and skirt

Reaction score

Well, I'll be skipping this guy, then. Too bad they didn't bring more to the table this time around.... S-S-S-SKIPP!!!!

BTW, thanks for all the updates this evening, Mr. Curto.

Reaction score

You're welcome....there are more to come...!

Reaction score

Like the new Anakin/Vader, I feel like I can safely skip this Obi-Wan. I think it's a better-looking figure than the new Anakin, but that's not enough to convince me to get it at this point.

Reaction score

A battle worn Obi-Wan would have been better but it's still a great figure. And i guess it shouldn't be too hard to customise it a little so it's more scene specific...or wait for hasbro to offer a running change.

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi #01

Look, everyone! It's preggers Obiwan to go with Padme! That Anakin sure was a busy lad, wasn't he?

Usually, I love softgoods, but this one. Meh! Obiwan looks so dumpy!

Sol

Reaction score

So the legs aren't closer together as noted in previous shots...

GNT

Reaction score
Looks about the same as the last 5 or 6 Obi-Wan's from ROTS except for the cloth skirt. I wish they'd have made him abit more scorched or dirtied. Very disapointing.

Reaction score
Here's a good example of why I'm glad Hasbro is done with the coins. Nice figure, but too redundant for me and now I don't have to buy him to fill some slot in my stupid coin album.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Looks about the same as the last 5 or 6 Obi-Wan's from ROTS except for the cloth skirt. I wish they'd have made him abit more scorched or dirtied. Very disapointing.
At this point though, you gotta know that he and Anakin aren't figures aimed at collectors. So while it is disapointing that there isnt' any bone thrown to us, as the bread and butter of the prequels, kids should still find these two to be quality toys.

Reaction score
NO question that this isn't aimed at collectors, it's just a shame that they can't keep figures like this in the Legends line, where they just keep rotation of main characters available - but given that we have a second version of Obi-Wan available in that line, it does double-up on a current release, secondly we JUST got nearly the same thing last year.

I TOTALLY get that we need mains on the pegs for the kids, they just need to keep the releases changed up - if they had done this with an Episode II head, how many of us would have been celebrating the release? Still kid friendly, but with collector appeal as well.

One of the dangers of movie-focused waves (something I wish they'd get away from)...

'78

Reaction score
By the standards Hasbro has imposed on themselves, this couldn't go into the legends line due to the fact that it is a new release. These versions of Obi-Wan and Anakin will most probably become the new defaults, which is good, since they are upgrades from previous releases. I'd say there's a good chance we'll see them again in 2009 if a "legends" style line is still part of their line.

Reaction score
So fine, delay this release for a couple of years, stick with Pilot Obi-Wan in the SL line - and that keeps Obi-Wan in front of the kids - plus we're now rumored that we'll get an Obi-Wan in W3, and there's no way they'll let the early part of the CW line pass without one there too. It just becomes overload...

'78

Reaction score

Jedi_Trooper said:
It looks like the saga version with out the robe and hilt.
Nope. It looks like the TAC Obi-wan with a few differences, most notably the head sculpt and the cloth 'skirt'.

I MIGHT pick this up. The differences are enough for me to call this my difinative ROTS Obi-wan. I'll probably try and move the legs inwards by heating them.

Reaction score

Jedi_Trooper said:
It looks like the saga version with out the robe and hilt.
More like the TAC version with a new head with Grey highlights, re-worked lower torso (mostly soft-goods skirt) and not quite Ball-Jointed hips, but man, look at these poses....

Reaction score

Very cool pics! Can Anakin stand on the Lava Panning Droid with some level of ease?

Reaction score

CommandoScorch said:
Thanks for those awesome pics, Star_Wars_Paul.

I do have one question, though: Does the Evo Anakin have ball hinged hips?
I didn't get those legs spread eagle enough for ya in those shots? Yeah he does.

Sev

Reaction score

Star_Wars_Paul said:
Nicklab said:
Very cool pics! Can Anakin stand on the Lava Panning Droid with some level of ease?
It works ok, a little tricky, I'll try to get a pic up in a litle bit....
Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Also, what did you mean about "not quite ball-jointed"? They looks pretty damn ball-jointed to me. :p

Reaction score

So this IS the BJ hips Benny Boy we were hoping for? Why that's contrary to earlier info

Gotta say, though, thanks for the pics Paul. verything looks great! Except for Anakin's stupid swivel elbows.

Reaction score

Star_Wars_Paul said:
CommandoScorch said:

I didn't get those legs spread eagle enough for ya in those shots? Yeah he does.
Oh, that one in the pics is the Evo version? I'm sorry, I thought it was the 2008 wave 1 version.

Reaction score

CommandoScorch said:
Star_Wars_Paul said:
CommandoScorch said:

Oh, that one in the pics is the Evo version? I'm sorry, I thought it was the 2008 wave 1 version.
Sorry for any confusion, it IS the 2008 wave 1 figure & he does have Ball Joint Hips.

Reaction score

Star_Wars_Paul said:
Nicklab said:
It was a nice try on Hasbro's part, but I think the fell short. Its very difficult to balance a pose.

Reaction score

Sev said:
Star_Wars_Paul said:
Nicklab said:
Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Also, what did you mean about "not quite ball-jointed"? They looks pretty damn ball-jointed to me. :p
Well compared to shoulder Ball-Joints I mean. They're not quite "Ball" joint, as part of it is flat along the lower torso. No more pics tonight, but I'll try to do it as soon as I have a chance.

Reaction score

BobaTheFett said:
So this IS the BJ hips Benny Boy we were hoping for? Why that's contrary to earlier info

Gotta say, though, thanks for the pics Paul. verything looks great! Except for Anakin's stupid swivel elbows.
No kidding, talk about just short of an almost perfect figure....

Reaction score

YES!!!!!! I can't wait for these now. It will be great to set them up in some great poses during the fight.
I'm very happy now. Thanks for the pictures

Reaction score

Seeing that Obi-Wan almost makes me wish Hasbro would rerelease the Boga.

Reaction score

Damn... The new head was not enough to sway me to buy this beast but the BJ hips seal the deal. Yep, just new enough to purchase. It turned out to be the figure we were excited for all along.

And kudos to Paul for the info and for answering our picture requests and questions.

Reaction score

Star_Wars_Paul said:
Sev said:
Star_Wars_Paul said:
Nicklab said:
Well compared to shoulder Ball-Joints I mean. They're not quite "Ball" joint, as part of it is flat along the lower torso. No more pics tonight, but I'll try to do it as soon as I have a chance.
That sounds like VOTC Lukes hips...cool! These look really good to me. By the way have these been found on the US west coast yet?

GNT

Reaction score
Nice pictures, I didn't think he'd have hinged/ball joint legs at all. Not bad for those weird kicking poses.