Obi-Wan Kenobi - #01 (08)

Reaction score
Re: Obi-wan & Vader (Anakin) 2008 #1 & 2

Anakin looks Evo ish. Yup, right down to the swivle elbows

Reaction score

Anakin looks to be a straight Evolutions repack (strangely, at the same time he'll be on shelves in a repack of Evolutions).

Obi-Wan looks like the pilot sculpt with a new head and soft good tunic. His legs seem to be retooled, too, since his stance isn't as wide.

Reaction score
Re: Anakin / Obi-wan 2008 #1 & 2

CommandoScorch said:
I already have a pilot Obi-Wan.

Only one?
Hasbro thinks you should be buying one every six months.

Reaction score

I had a feeling Obi-Wan and Anakin would be in this wave. I might pick them up.

Reaction score

Yeah I don't see anything to distinguish that Anakin from the Evo version, though it's possible the soft goods portion is different. You're right about Obi-Wan's legs--it's nice to see that change, as the wide stance was the only weakness with the pilot Obi-Wan figure IMO.

Collectors have been clamoring for a single carded Evo Anakin so so long, it will be interesting to see what creative complaints they manage to come up with for this one.

-Matt

Reaction score

Probably should have two threads here - one for Anakin and one for Obi-Wan. Might as well have them setup like the rest of the figures from the line.

'78

Reaction score

This is a definite case buy for me. But I'm wary that there are 3 wave 1 revision cases available and in each, the Kashyyk trooper is 1 per case.

I think this stems from the Galactic Marine blowback. Here's to hoping that he gets refreshed in upcoming waves.

As for Evo Anakin, he's only 2 joints away from perfect, but he fits my definition of great. This mold needs to become the standard and the other one needs to be shot into space.

Reaction score

Ill just get the evo Anakin, i think he looks better this ones a bit off, well atleast i those pics

Reaction score

It should be noted as per the description on EE. That's not Anakin, that's Darth Vader!!!

Reaction score

I hope Anakin has a change to the sith eyes. It will mix it up and ensure that I buy it

Reaction score

We'll get this split off, but I gotta say, I need another Episode III Obi-Wan like I need a hole in my head - yeah, Hasbro, I understand that new fans need a shot, yada, yada, yada, but c'mon, we've had HOW many versions of this character in the two plus years since the film.

If you're so desperate to give us another Obi-Wan, why not a REALLY nice Episode I, II or IV version?

Hell, take some random Jedi parts and do one of the back ground Jedi - won't cost you anything but a head sculpt.

Man, I'm typically not one to complain, but durn, we get another Obi-Wan to kickoff the 2008 pegwarming season.

At least the panning droid is cool!

'78

Reaction score
Obi-wan 2008 #1

Since1978 said:
Probably should have two threads here - one for Anakin and one for Obi-Wan. Might as well have them setup like the rest of the figures from the line.

'78
Good idea. We'll keep this one for Obi since he seems a little newer-ish
, and I'll start a new thread for Vader.

Reaction score

Oh wait - I get it now - this is a synergistic release with the panning droid and platform - Obi-Wan goes on the platform and Darth Vader goes on the droid...

Nice one Hasbro - surprised these don't have lava deco...

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Oh wait - I get it now - this is a synergistic release with the panning droid and platform - Obi-Wan goes on the platform and Darth Vader goes on the droid...

'78
I never thought of that. It would make a cool diorama.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:

Heh, good point about the synergy, but don't give Hasbro any ideas about the lava deco.

Reaction score

Y2Bogus said:
This is a definite case buy for me.

Thats funny, I was thinking the exact opposite.
If 2008's Wave 1 is distributed anything like 2007's, we will have plenty of these figures to go around.

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi #08-01

I just wish the figs had a little battle-damage. Or am I asking for too much?

Reaction score

I agree flacksguy, thats why im not going to order this case. I thought i would never find GM and Airborne at the start of the year and now they are pegwarming. Besides here in Australia, they will stay on the pegs for months

Reaction score

I was planning on letting go of my completist ways starting next year, and with this figure it's made it official for me. First figure from the basic line that I will be passing on in 12 years! Gree is looking tempting to pass on too, but I'll probably end up grabbing him anyway.

Reaction score

I ordered a case! I'm liking the soft-goods and stance of Obi-Wan, this one is officially perfected!

Reaction score

Glad to see Hasbro finally fixed the paint on the ankle joints.

Reaction score

Good lord. Not a single good figure in the lot, and another prequel wave to boot. What a waste.

Reaction score

I'll only but Anakin if he has sith eyes. Here's to hoping.

Reaction score

I've said this a hundred times, but I'll say it again: I won't buy any more Episode III Obi-Wans unless he's battle-worn from the Mustafar duel.

Reaction score

Pretty nice wave IMO. I do like the panning droid. I know the Kenobi is not much different than the pilot version but I may pick it up? We'll see. It looks nice IMO. But yeah a battle worn and torn version of Kenobi would be welcome.

Reaction score

Holy crap the scout has a flip up visor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Yea that's what I though, Obi-Wan and Anakin are repacks.
Skip...Skip... on both of them. I already have them.

Reaction score

To me, IF they were going to do a retool of this Obi-Wan, limited movement of the shoulder joints was THE issue with him (inhibited by the hard plastic tunic).

If they ever were to do a kibash of this mold for an AOTC version, it would be hindered in recreating Ob-Wan flying around holding on to Zam Wessel's droid. THAT'S what needs fixing here, not the skirt which was very flexible as it was and looked great anyway.

Sev

Reaction score

This Obi-Wan looks great! I may just have to get it!

Reaction score

I'm getting one. I only have Pilot Obi-Wan and wouldn't mind a soft goods one too.

Reaction score

You know, Pilot Obi-Wan is a really good figure. But releasing him AGAIN? A new head and leg posture isn't going to make me buy a fourth one. Hasbro must think we should be army bulding these.

The most frustrating thing is another generic ROTS Obi-Wan based figure is making it to the shelves instead of a new SA TPM or AOTC version. Not to mention a new Clone Armor version. Or even just a battle-damaged-Mustafar-duel version of this figure.

Reaction score

This will be my last Obi-wan Episode 3 figure for me when i buy it. It seems to be the definitive ROTS Obi-wan from the pictures.
I'll definately be getting this, Vader and the Panning Droid.

Reaction score

I wonder if Kenobi and Vader will have ball jointed hips, looks like they might due to the extra poofy soft goods. I doubt it but that would be awesome, and im willing to bet that vader has the sith eyes, his skin tone is definently more pale than the regular evo sets

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Great, so we're going to have Obi-Wan pegwarming the shelves yet again for months at a time like the last reissue with the new breather...great!

Reaction score

I think this Obi has different head sculpt. I have a pilot obi on my desk and he does not have the little tuft of hair sticking out in front. The legs look thicker and sturdier like Evo. Anakin's too. Pilot Obi's legs are skinny both above and below the knee. I know it's a display prototype -but's its a damn good one. And yes, I love the flip visor Elite!!!!! (Wait, is that the 3rd time I posted that?!)

Reaction score

That def looks like a Mustafar Obi-Wan. The hair gives it away. I highly doubt he'll have balljoint hips. I mean since we've gotten the Tank Gunner, has Hasbro incorperated it on any other figure?

That's what I thought.

Dre

Reaction score

check the photo archive: ROTS line> Exclusives, click on Obi. 2008 wave 1 obi = not the duel on mustafar Obi

Reaction score

I am an Obi-Wan fan, but this is madness. I really like the sculpt and will get him, but another ROTS Obi-Wan?