NYCC 2017 Shared Exclusives Final List

Reaction score
I just left several Fett's sitting at my TRU. Can't bring myself to pay $40 for that goofy looking thing. I got my Destro, but missed out on the GID Balrog. If anyone wants to trade a Balrog to me, I'd be happy to snag you a Fett, Destro, or any of the SW/HP B&N exclusives (assuming they're still there when I get out of work).

Reaction score
I got Jyn and Saw at B&N. They did not have much stock at all. They had one Balrog total.

The manager told me all online orders, even ones that went through, will be cancelled. I wouldn't take that as gospel though.

Hot Topic was easy. Got Scrooge and Snape.
Why would an order that went thru get cancelled? Maybe from over selling, but not just because. It sure is funny what store employees say. I hope they will honor successful orders, for I got a GITD Balrog and Chrome Batman ordered w/confirmation before the B&N site went loopy.

Reaction score
Already received my Walgreens order of SW Medical Droid, Deadpool Duck and Valkyrie. I would love to have all shipments arrive one day after ordering.

Edit: I put this in the wrong thread, these aren't NYCC exclusives. Sorry

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since I missed the B&N June online, and more than likely the B&N store an hour away is sold out, I bought Jyn from Gemini. A few dollars more, but I do the official "NYCC" sticker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Why would an order that went thru get cancelled? Maybe from over selling, but not just because. It sure is funny what store employees say. I hope they will honor successful orders, for I got a GITD Balrog and Chrome Batman ordered w/confirmation before the B&N site went loopy.
He said everything was supposed to be done in store, but yeah, I'm skeptical. I just want my $30 back.

Reaction score
I had a very successful NYCC Pop hunt. Got both of my wants, Jyn Erso and Lyanna Mormont. Helps make up for the lousy SDCC I had.

Before heading to my local B&N, I learned about there being a 20% off coupon that I could use. I went on my computer to find it and print it, and as soon as I had the coupon loaded on the screen... the power went out... and stayed out for about 15 min. Not a good start to my day. Felt like a bad omen, but luckily it wasn't. I was finally able to get back on and get the coupon printed. When I got to the store they just had a small table set up near their regular Pop display. Despite the small table, the Pops were stacked up high enough that there were a ton of Death Star Droids and the Fantastic Beasts guy. Only half as many Jyns and Saws, however, and no Batman or Balrog. I got there a little late, but the way things were displayed, I don't believe they ever had Batman or Balrog. There was simply no room. For whatever reason, every single Jyn box had a nice big dent in the back of the box, with the exception of one. That's of course the one I bought. It also had a good paint job, which was only one of a few that had a good paint job. The others had issues with black paint smearing underneath one of the eyes, which I had a feeling would be an issue with this one. Also one had incomplete paint on an eye. The boxes for the other three Pops looked pristine, it was just Jyn that had that issue. I'm hoping there wasn't some malicious intent involved by someone. I saved a few dollars on my Jyn thanks to the coupon, so I'm happy about that. The DS Droid looks great in-person, and I considered getting that one as well, but I talked myself out of it. I didn't want to buy more than the two I went to the mall for, and I'm also trying to be extremely selective and limit what I get from Rogue One, due to the disappointment I have for that movie.

After B&N I headed to FYE. I passed on checking HT and GS on the way, since they didn't have any shared exclusives I wanted. In the past I would look at them anyway just for the heck of it, but I decided not to this time around. At FYE I checked the big main Pop section first... nothing. They still had some SDCC exclusives left, which were always in the main section, so I figured the NYCC exclusives would be there too if they had them. I walked around the rest of the store, checking all the little themed Pop sections that are sprinkled throughout, and as I was about done, past the registers I came across a new island display full of random Pops, with to my surprise, Lyanna and Zack Ryder sitting on top! 4 of each. All of the boxes were in great shape, so I just had to pick out the best paint job for Lyanna. Not the easiest decision, as they all had hair paint that was either painted too far or not far enough. Also one had brown grease on her face, that almost made it look like she had facial hair, lol. I got the one that looked the best.

I'm very happy and surprised to score both of my wants. I wasn't expecting to find anything at FYE. They've let me down in the past, but not today. It's the first time they've had con exclusives when they open on con hunting day. It was a pleasant NYCC hunt.

Reaction score
They must have made a million Slave 1's with it staying up online this long plus the huge levels of stock most of the stores seem to have. Maybe this is their master plan for exiting bankruptcy with that $40 price point. :rolleyes:

Opposite of the BN Balrog with each store only getting 1-2.

Reaction score
They must have made a million Slave 1's with it staying up online this long plus the huge levels of stock most of the stores seem to have. Maybe this is their master plan for exiting bankruptcy with that $40 price point. :rolleyes:

Opposite of the BN Balrog with each store only getting 1-2.
I talked to several people while waiting in line at HT and B&N. The consensus was "not paying $40 for Slave I".

Reaction score
That $40 pricetag is indicative of their problems. A dedicated brick and mortar chain like TRU cant price products as competitively. The Wedge exclusive at Walgreens is only $25. Thats a huge discrepancy.

Reaction score
That $40 pricetag is indicative of their problems. A dedicated brick and mortar chain like TRU cant price products as competitively. The Wedge exclusive at Walgreens is only $25. Thats a huge discrepancy.
I don't think it's a TRU thing. The Rey speeder was $40. That's just the standard price for convention Deluxes. If Wedge was a con exclusive he'd be $40 too.

Reaction score
Not a bad day for pops...I even decided to dive into other lines, something I don't do very often.

Reaction score
Yeah I dont get that either. Obviously chrome, I wonder if there will be a non chrome white one. Beast Man looks great but it would leave me wanting the entire lineup.

Reaction score
The flash makes it seem darker than it is but yeah it's more silverish than anything.

I only picked up the Beast Man since I had some TRU rewards money available...I was debating on picking up the Slave 1 with that reward money, but after staring it at for a while I just couldn't bring myself to do it (even with the discount). Totally hear you on wanting to get the rest of the MOTU pops, regret not grabbing that Scare Glow few months ago.

Reaction score
I grabbed the next-to-last Jyn at my BN, but the box isn't mint. Not sure if anyone got an extra of anything to trade or still needs her.