NYC / Lower Hudson Valley Finds Part 4

Reaction score
cant pull the price on this at all. will wait for the 2 yr clearance. it is just not worth it. i dont really like figures and the jedi starfighter is lame.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Cons in October - Anyone in?

Still no sign of vintage foil in TRU-Times Square.

Finally saw the CW mandalorians Pre Vizsla & cop though.

Reaction score
12p542 said:
Still no sign of vintage foil in TRU-Times Square.

Finally saw the CW mandalorians Pre Vizsla & cop though.

When you say Mandalorian, do you mean the individually packed Mandalorian? Or the one w/ speeder?

I saw a Vintage AT-AT in Middletown, NY two days ago -just one on the floor -literally (not even on a shelf) not impressed; also just one Rise of Boba Fett BP -are they just shipping these one at a time???

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
When you say Mandalorian, do you mean the individually packed Mandalorian? Or the one w/ speeder?
Sorry about that.

That would be the CW single carded one. Will try to visit the K-Mart down by Penn Station tomorrow and see what they got.

Reaction score
Still not even a sniff of new stuff in NYC. Checked Brooklyn Target this morning and TRU Times Square at lunch. No vintage ROTS wave, and I still haven't seen the latest Clone Wars wave (Kit, Mace, Camo ARF) either! Annoying, as ROTS seems to be hitting very heavily everywhere else.

Reaction score
Just received my Slave 1 from TRU.com and I am very pleased. Yah, it's a bit pricey, but it's TRU and it's their exclusive, and after opening the thing up I can see the value in all of it. Plus I used a coupon and had the thing shipped for free as well! Would electronic lights and sound have helped? Sure...but this ship as a play set is great. I was disappointed how easily Bossk disconnected at the waist as he has a small ball-joint attachment there that does not hold firmly. I was pleased by the cockpit design. You can pull out the seating and clip your figures in, and then slide the seat-plate back into place. Much easier than having to finagle your figures into the slots. Sticker application was easy. quickly put my Han in carbonite into the provided slot and love the additional cargo area under the slide out ramp. Overall, I would recommend this BP!

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, SilverClone!

Finally got to check out the Penn Station K-Mart. They had plenty of their exclusive CW Clone BP, around 35 pcs. There was also a remnant of TVC, a lone Han Bespin.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Birthday Well-Wishes! Near me, TRU has the new ROTS Vintage figs at $9.99 w/ no foils. The mini-rigs have all increased to $19.99. Local Walmart has the same ROTS Vinatage for $2.00 cheaper AND foils abound! Even had a Mandalorian Speeder Bike and Obi Wan Speeder w/ sidecar as well (both $4.00 cheaper than TRU). TRU...you don't make sense...why overprice?

Reaction score
Checked out a TRU grand opening near Queens Center Mall last week. I was hoping to find any of the TVC foil in the wild but no luck.

However, the prices were cheaper than sky-high-rent-tourist-trap Times Square TRU.

Reaction score
Picked up: CW25 - Ki-Adi Mundi & CW26 - Clone Trooper but no Flamethrower Clone on the pegs...also picked up some foil Vintage Emperor, Magna, Sandtrooper...not a bad day...foils seem to be plentiful, I had my pick and comparisons...

Reaction score
Picked up another Clone Pilot Goji #CW28 and this time a Flame Thrower Clone #CW26 ...also picked up a Mandalorian Warriors BP -passed on the Arc Trooper BP...

Reaction score
TRU.com delivered 2 Nikto's to me today and they both were in rough shape...I wanted one to keep carded and one to open, but I will have to return one and hope for in-store success after the return.

Reaction score
Did the two for $11.99 at TRU and found a Concept Art Snowtrooper in the mix in awesome condition...not bad...most of the figures will hopefully clear out, also a SW LEGO...spent enough to get the Quinlan Vos Gift card...not bad...also exchanged my TRU.com damaged Nikto's for MOC ones...

Reaction score
Saw the Nikto Guard in TRU-Times Square. I had to pass this bargain ($11.99).

Reaction score
vintage figs are crazy priced at tru in queens ny 10.99. just too much. got a few at target for 8 plus tax.

Reaction score
Stopped by a local Target as they were putting their endcap out and had my pickings. I Picked up:

-Defense of Hoth Rebel BP - they only put out one of these and one of the Swtrooper set - Snowtropoper set except for one figure is weak ( I have all the other stuff). Anyway, what gives with just one of each? Some poor guy was just a little too late behind me and was asking if they had any more Defense of Hoth sets and employees said "no"! Now who orders just one set of these per store! I felt sorry for the guy but happy I grabbed the ONLY ONE at this Target!

-Hostage Crisis BP but passed on the Hidden Enemy BP (for now)

-Senate Commando 2-pack

-Geonosis Arena Showdown Nicanus Tassu and Dooku (5 of 6) as well as the Shaak Ti and Geonosian Warrior (4 of 6) -the rest are BORING!!!

-Another Flamethrower Clone....like the figure but boy the hands suck on these guys!

Sometimes timing is everything...

Reaction score
local target had the vintage package vehicles, clone 2 packs and mini mighty muggs. no battlepacks yet.

Reaction score
Picked up a Swamp Speeder at TRU with their 10% off SW sale last week. Plus handed in my gift cards and ended up paying $7.00 total for it...not a bad vehicle except you can NEVER get the safety harness back on the figures!!! Arggghhh

Reaction score
Local Target - Stopped in to get a Defense of Hoth exclusive, 4 on the shelf, but the local "swiper" loser has struck here - one set had the figures switched out for a POTF Hoth Han, Hoth Luke and K-3PO (with blaster damage). What an idiot!

Only 1 Attack on Hoth set left.

VIntage 3 3/4 selection pretty picked through with the sale going on this week as was the CW selection.

Reaction score
davezilko said:
Anyone seeing the Star Wars SIlly Bandz?
Yep. Saw them at Target in Brooklyn. But did not purchase any because they are much too large for my action figures to wear.

Reaction score
Picked up Embo and Parasiti (helmet on) in TRU-Times Square with their 2-for-$9.99 sale.

Still have not seen the TVC bushy Gamorrean wave.

Reaction score
Picked up all of the latest Clone Wars figs, just in time for Christmas...although Vos, Embo, and Cato looked intentionally bent...no matter, these will be opened for my kids to play with!

Reaction score
I have not seen any new figs since my last post 10 days ago. Still ahve not seen the Gamorean Guard...never saw the Walmart Jabba...Target exlusive packs must of sold out pretty quick but I did not want most of those except perhaps the rebel trooper -my kids love the Defense of Hoth set.

Reaction score
Wicket and a Rebel Soldier were my score tonight. It seems there are plenty of CW's most recent wave out now - a very cool wave of figures. Still have never seen a WM Jabba, but that was a weird distribution.

Reaction score
I found and purchased the two Endor pilot packs at TRU Times Square for $28.99 each. Not a great deal, but not the giant NYC price gouge that I was fearing, either...

I noticed that both my local Target and TRU have put out fresh cases of Clone Wars wave 6, so hopefully this means that the first new cases of Vintage since Christmas won't be far behind.

Oh yeah, TRU in store (and online) has all of the old Galactic Heroes ("SW" in red lettering instead of blue) on sale for $2.98 each, so I got four sets of those for my cousin.

Reaction score
Walmart in Airmont had swapped out vintage Ackbar and Rebel Soldier with their older counterparts. I pointed this out to the person working the toy aisle, who seemed to care less and after I left, I came back and saw she merely put them back on the pegs.

Reaction score
FWIW (not much!), TRU Times Square had AOTC Obi-Wan and Super Battle Droid, my first sighting of part of Wave 4 or 5 in the wild. Also, it had a bunch of Endor Pilot packs for $34.99 each.

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Walmart in Airmont had swapped out vintage Ackbar and Rebel Soldier with their older counterparts. I pointed this out to the person working the toy aisle, who seemed to care less and after I left, I came back and saw she merely put them back on the pegs.
Ugh...that WM is one of the worst I've ever been to. And that's also the exact reason I don't bother pointing out to the employees when I see repacks: they don't care. They could care less what some weirdo grown man says is an older version of a toy replaced in a new package. To them, there's no difference. And even worse, they might even think you were the one who did it. If they can't determine whether a package has been tampered with when it's being returned, they deserve to lose out on the money (although I'm not sure how much of a dent swapped and returned figures make in a billion dollar company like Wal-Mart).

And on the subject of always-on-the-ball Wal-Mart (the Fishkill location), I found about 5 Tie Bombers in the clearance aisle yesterday marked $38 (yes, they had those red/white clearance price stickers on them). Wasn't that the original price? I got my hopes up thinking it would be $20 or something. I wound up leaving it, I'll check back in another week or so to see if it gets cheaper. If anyone's still looking for one and doesn't mind that price, they have them there.

Reaction score
monstermonkey said:
And on the subject of always-on-the-ball Wal-Mart (the Fishkill location), I found about 5 Tie Bombers in the clearance aisle yesterday marked $38 (yes, they had those red/white clearance price stickers on them). Wasn't that the original price? I got my hopes up thinking it would be $20 or something. I wound up leaving it, I'll check back in another week or so to see if it gets cheaper. If anyone's still looking for one and doesn't mind that price, they have them there.
You should try scanning them to double-check the price. I think I read in another thread that employees aren't so good at keeping the physical price sticker current with the price that comes up in the computer. So they might be cheaper...

Reaction score
lol...Walmart in Monroe always "marks down on clearance" the Star Wars items with big stickers for the same original price...they even scan full price...

RumSleg said:
monstermonkey said:
You should try scanning them to double-check the price. I think I read in another thread that employees aren't so good at keeping the physical price sticker current with the price that comes up in the computer. So they might be cheaper...

Reaction score
RumSleg said:
monstermonkey said:
Actually, I did scan it to be sure, and it rang up $38. They also have a beat-up Modal Nodes 5 pack/tin exclusive from 4 years ago that scans at $22 or something. I've been seeing that thing there forever.

Reaction score
Passed by TRU-Times Square this past Friday and still no sign of the TVC Gamorrean Guard wave nor the AOTC wave. I did see a ton of TVC Clonetroopers and old CW stock. It's like they can't even give them away.

Reaction score
If anyone cares, TRU Times Square had remnants of three cases of Wave 5 today when I checked at lunchtime. 3 Grees, 2 R5's, 2 Utapau Clones, an Endor Capture Luke, and a bunch of the carry-forwards from the earlier waves (Anakin, Vader, Grievous, Sandtrooper)