NYC / Lower Hudson Valley Finds Part 4

Reaction score
Local Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Exclusive Comic Packs are here, there were 4 of each IG97 & ROM MOHC and STORM COMMANDO & GENERAL WEIR. I took 1 General Weir Pack. 3 3/4 figures are $6. Lots of Saga Legends and some Clones Wars and ROTJ Wave (EWOKS, NIEN NUNB, GIRAN, MALAKILI). I picked up the Ewoks I was missing.

Reaction score
WHERE's THE BEEF?

Well here's mine...So why does Target at the Palisades Mall charge close to $8.00 for basic figs while Target at Spring Valley and Harriman have them for $6.01???

Also saw swapped out figs of Rancor Keep and Snowtrooper at Target Spring Valley and brought them to the attention of the store manager, who thanked me. Now this is directed to the thieving swapper: If you can't afford to collect, cut back or quit...you can't honestly think it's worth the time and money you take to swap figures do you? I realize it's petty larceny but it still IS stealing...As a Star Wars collector, you give us all a bad name....but then again you ARE selfish...so why should you care?

Targets seem to have more new basic figs than Walmart...at least the ones I go to..and why is that? Not sure...

Well the newer comic packs are the exception for both Target and some Walmarts although I have not seen comic pack or a space for these at one Walmart in months...nor does this one carry any Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes...not sure why...???

Reaction score
Local TRU had dregs of EU wave. Got me an Utris, couldn't resist the Dark Trooper Phase I, passed on the big Whiphid Jedi. (Looked cool, though.) They're out there....

Reaction score
Picked up the Exclusive force Unleashed sets at TRY and a acouple of Lego sets BOGO 1/2 off...this was yesterday. Not a great selection of indv. figs. Back there again today and they replenished the BP's but still a weak selection of indv. figs...

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Picked up the Exclusive force Unleashed sets at TRY and a acouple of Lego sets BOGO 1/2 off...this was yesterday. Not a great selection of indv. figs. Back there again today and they replenished the BP's but still a weak selection of indv. figs...
found 1 lousy shaak ti between 2 local tru. did pick up the 2 tfu packs but i will sell off most of the troopers as they dont spark any interest for me.

Reaction score
boff123 said:
found 1 lousy shaak ti between 2 local tru. did pick up the 2 tfu packs but i will sell off most of the troopers as they dont spark any interest for me.
I think the EU wave is hitting heavier at TRU Times Square. There were three full cases out at lunchtime today.

Reaction score
Shoulda gone to Times Square instead of Secaucus...the figs there and in N Bergen were 5 bucks but they didn't have hack left

Reaction score
When I was in Secaucus last week, I ran into a guy who was furiously rifling through the pegs after we both saw the dregs of the EU wave. (Jedi Luke, R2 and Chewie) I asked if he found anything and he said he had found two cases earlier in the day and was looking for more "Because I don't want to be the last guy on ebay with them." I kept him talking and he said he used to have a friend at the Secaucus TRU who would hide new figures for him and they would split the ebay proceeds, but that employee was promoted to the TRU he 'found' the other two cases at earlier in the day. I kinda pressed him to find out which one it was but he kinda figured out I was a collector and pretended he had a phone call.
Oh, and I ended up finding the EU wave at Times Square this morning, minus Shaak Ti. She was the one I really wanted to. Go figure

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the Walmart Exclusive Comic Packs...these have the Celebration V VIP Ticket Giveaway...perhaps that's what did it? Not sure...but there was nothing else of interest in regards to single-carded figures...

Still looking for Thi-Sen, Hondo, and a good paint-job version of Ziro's Assasin Droid (passed previously on Ziro Droid due to poor paint app)

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Finally broke down and bought the Walmart Exclusive Comic Packs...these have the Celebration V VIP Ticket Giveaway...perhaps that's what did it? Not sure...but there was nothing else of interest in regards to single-carded figures...

Still looking for Thi-Sen, Hondo, and a good paint-job version of Ziro's Assasin Droid (passed previously on Ziro Droid due to poor paint app)
TRU Times Square has a couple of Hondos on the pegs. PM me if you want me to grab you one.

Reaction score
Sorry Dave...I saw one yesterday at a Target...I thought you had picked this one up already. I PM'd you the location. I won't be able to get there today, but not sure if it will be there by Friday...

Reaction score
davezilko said:
Anyone seeing the "Blackhole/Blackhole Stormtrooper" Comic Pack anywhere?
i bought it at target for 14.89 plus tax, if you want it. it is yours. send me a pm.

Reaction score
Ghost town at the stores. Although Target and TRU are doing their low price sales, it's as if what is being restocked is of no interest. I REALLY want an Aayla...so let me know if you have an extra or if you see one, please pick one up for me. I'll take it damaged as it is for my kids to open anyway.

Reaction score
I went to Target in Harriman, NY and there was no Individual Star Wars section! NONE! I saw an old DCPI where the figs once hung (now replaced with some kind of top or bakugan knock-off) and entered the code in a nearby scanner and it read item $3.99; none in stock!

Guess someone bought the peg warmers and Target figured let's eliminate the section if none are in stock to replace them!

Serious distribution issues Hasbro!

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Anyone spare an Aayla from TRU? LMK...the stores are just BARE in my area...
TRU times square has been putting out cases of the luminara/argyus/thire wave again lately for some reason. I'll keep an eye out for Aayla for you, though.

Reaction score
Hey there,

I know its been a while since I posted any new finds around here on the New York board, but I thought I would tell you that I scored the entire Vintage wave at my local NYC TRU this morning. They had only one case plus a case of the Saga Legends and the repacked CW figures on the new blue cards. PM for the location but start hunting now!

Good luck!!!!

Reaction score
I was in Paramus TRU and saw the same thing plus the new vehicles, including Luke Snowspeeder...I picked up the twin pod cloud car and vulture droid (never got it)...all at BOGO 50% off...

Reaction score
I found the Vintage figures at the Norwalk, CT TRU and the White Plains, NY TRU. Here are the break downs of figures, from when I was there yesterday:

Han: Both
Leia: White Plains
Luke: Neither
Vader: Both
Cloud Car: Both
Denger: White Plains
C-3PO: Both
AT-AT Commander: White Plains
Dack: Both

Reaction score
saw the new vehicles in the blue box. they only had the clone fighter & the blue clone tank. 32 each, yikes. guess they are sale this week.

Reaction score
Picked up Luke's Snowspeeder and my kids get the NERF Capture The Flag Game at 50% off with the BOGO deal at TRU in Middletown. They also had a 3PO and Vader Vintage remnant of what I may have considered. I won't pay full price of $10.00 for vintage, but at BOGO it would work out to be a "reasonable" price for me. Regular figs were all old hat, and I have little interest in the repacks of the blue carded figs.

Very happy with Luke's Snowspeeder and the interchangable guns and all the features of this speeder, even the little space for Luke's harpoon gun!

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Picked up Luke's Snowspeeder and my kids get the NERF Capture The Flag Game at 50% off with the BOGO deal at TRU in Middletown. They also had a 3PO and Vader Vintage remnant of what I may have considered. I won't pay full price of $10.00 for vintage, but at BOGO it would work out to be a "reasonable" price for me. Regular figs were all old hat, and I have little interest in the repacks of the blue carded figs.

Very happy with Luke's Snowspeeder and the interchangable guns and all the features of this speeder, even the little space for Luke's harpoon gun!
i saw all the repacks on the blue cards in long island. really lame.

Reaction score
I stopped into an area WalMart store last night. There was nothing new to be found. However, The Swapper appears to be at it again. And this time, on A GRAND SCALE.

Would you believe this? There were boxes (mind you, I wrote BOXES) for the WalMart exclusive AT-ST on the shelf below the Star Wars basic figures. And there were indeed AT-ST's in those boxes. But it was the vintage mold of the AT-ST which has been re-used in the modern era for three releases. These had what looked like Endor deco on them. But the new AT-ST's weren't to be found in the boxes, and neither were the pack-in AT-ST Drivers. In fact, the old AT-ST's that had been swapped in were in pieces.

I appreciate the working the customer service desk or the toy section at WalMart may not be great jobs. But this kind of flagrant swapping is just mortifying. And for a toy department employee to let this go on a fairly high profile WalMart exclusive? Stuff like this really makes my blood boil!

Reaction score
Hit TRU in Middletowna and found nothing worth buiying as far as Hasbro because there are no new vehicles or figures -too bad as the sale now is 2 figs for $9.99. HOWEVER...LEGO has all their new sets out and I picked up the Hoth Wampa Cave! A bit overpriced for the amount of pieces but you GET A WAMPA!!! I think I will wait for other stores like Target and Walmart to start getting them, but I could not pass up on a WAMPA!

Stopped by Middletown Walmart and picked up yet another LEGO - Magna Guard Fighter for ONLY $20.00 on clearance! And that set has 431 pieces (usually Lego pieces work out to about .10 cents each).

Reaction score
boff123 said:
wth atat is 115.99 at tru?! even kmart has it for 100.
lol...but you get that niffty retro box it comes in that you get to open and throw out anyway!

--------------------------------------------------------

Hit a TRU and saw nothing new (again) but the new LEGO SW.

Targets and Walmarts still VOID of anything SW indv. figs

Reaction score
Just ordered my AT-AT and Galactic Heroes AT-AT over at Target.com with FREE shipping for qualifying orders over $50.00. I tried to order the Cad Bane Speeder Bike, but it is not a "qualifying" product for FREE shipping and Target wanted to charge me like $4.00 to ship it, so I skipped it...I can pick it up later...My order should be here Friday and without the hassle of the lazy Summer Target college kids at my local stores who are REALLY slow on this latest reset and seem not to care (why should they?). I can't be bothered by trying to chase these down and will get these AT-AT's shipped to my door to save some gas!

Reaction score
Target in my area did an early reset and they had all the new vehicles, including AT-AT and baby brother Galatic heroes at-at (ordered both already and they are on the way from Target.com); all new Clone Wars and Vintage figs;Deluxe figs; Fett Helmet; Hailfire RC - I had a field day. And to think just yesterday, the teen in the toy aisle told me he could not release any figs until Aug 6th...guess someone else had other ideas.

QUESTION: Anyone notice a variation on Dack? I bought two, because one had his mouth wide open and the other had a closed mouth...

Reaction score
Local Target - they are thinking about a reset, but only had new Galactic Heroes and some Mid-Sized Vehicles. The rest of the pegs and shelf space were bare. They did also have some new Lego sets.

Reaction score
One local Walmart had nothing...I mean NOTHING...another Walmart had potentially nothing but all aisles were a total mess (action figs in the Barbie aisle) and possibly will do a reset....and finally, another Walmart had Mace CW 20, Commander Gree CW21; Battle Droid Commander CW 22; Kit Fisto CW23.

Reaction score
Local Walmart did it's reset but restocked with VERY little figs. At a local Target my kids spotted and got the Galactic Heroes Mandalorian Warrior and Pre Vizsla 2-pack -(awesome figs). Local TRU did not have much to offer but my kids picked up a small SW Lego set to get the free silver Lego fig.

Reaction score
Found the Kul Teska in TRU-Times Square. They had it for sale at the irresistible price $17.49.

Reaction score
12p542 said:
Found the Kul Teska in TRU-Times Square. They had it for sale at the irresistible price $17.49.
yeah the tru on metropolitan blvd and also the tru near the roosevelt field mall had him for the same price. didn't even know he was coming out. looks alright but i will pass.

Reaction score
I saw the Slave 1 at a local TRU but passed the $110.00 price...it's $10 too much as compared to what other retailers will have it selling for. I will wait to pick this up at Walmart or Target for less than what TRU is charging. For the same price you can get an AT-AT with more functions and electronics -both should not be same amount anywhere. The Slave 1 should be $10-$20 less than the AT-AT. Also saw: two-packs at this TRU but no pre-cyborg Grievous; Vader Alarm clock-radio -pretty cool!

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
I saw the Slave 1 at a local TRU but passed the $110.00 price...it's $10 too much as compared to what other retailers will have it selling for. I will wait to pick this up at Walmart or Target for less than what TRU is charging. For the same price you can get an AT-AT with more functions and electronics -both should not be same amount anywhere. The Slave 1 should be $10-$20 less than the AT-AT. Also saw: two-packs at this TRU but no pre-cyborg Grievous; Vader Alarm clock-radio -pretty cool!
Slave I is a TRU exclusive. You Might have to bite the bullet.

Reaction score
RumSleg said:
SilverClone said:
Slave I is a TRU exclusive. You Might have to bite the bullet.
Really? Gahhhhhh....were being robbed!