NYC / Lower Hudson Valley Finds Part 4

Reaction score
Until we hear otherwise...let's continue here...although I know the majority feel we should have our posts listed in the Main Index like our friends on Long Island and Rochester...and don't we posess more real estate? 5-Boroughs and the entire Lower Hudson Valley? With far more stores we frequent:
Manhattan:
KB
TRU
K-Mart
K-Mart
Queens:
Target
Target
KB
KB
TRU
TRU
TRU
K-Mart
TRU
Brooklyn:
KB
TRU
Target
Target
Bronx:
Target
Westchester County:
Target
K-Mart
TRU
KB
TRU
KB
KB
Target
Target
Walmart
K-Mart
KB
TRU
KB
Rockland County:
Target
Target
Walmart
Boscov’s
TRU
Orange County:
K-Mart
Walmart
Target
Walmart
TRU
Target
KB
Target
Walmart
KB
Dutchess County:
TRU
Target
KB
K-Mart
Walmart
and more...

C'mon Moderators...give us a Main Index spot!

Reaction score
Visited a Target and a Walmart and both had the Force Unleashed figs restocked and nobody biting at them...guess we all have them already? I know I do! PASS...

This one Target had an endcap loaded with the ORDER 66 packs (about 40 of them) for weeks and additional stock in the back.

I walked in and found them all gone along with the 5-6 Aayla ships that were hanging out (not in the front either). I found one ORDER 66 pack in the regular SW section and it rang up for full price and the scanner noted these were in the stockroom. I read somewhere else how some Targets were removing their ORDER 66 sets rather than putting them on clearance...but I never thought this was true...now I see first-hand this IS happening. OR they may be taking them in the back to red-tag and clearance them later? Not sure what's going to happen there...

Reaction score
Local Wal-Mart - nothing new Star Wars . . .

Local Target, SL Fan Favs restocked, I couldn't help myself and took another Shadow Stormtrooper. They had out the new GH too, but they were all crushed, I plan to open them, but I still don't like to buy damaged goods.

Order 66 still here, still up front, still full price - they even had an Anakin and Tsui Choi sets. I did not notice the other Target exclusives.

Reaction score
found 1 lone crimson empire pack besides tons of old stuff. the visorless helmets are aweful, going to color mine.

Reaction score
boff123 said:
the visorless helmets are aweful, going to color mine.
Yes...you and many others have had to resort to that strategy to deal with that clear visor awful idea!

Saw about 4 cases of the last Force Unleashed wave figs...guess they are trying to clea these out in a hurry?

Reaction score
Finally found a Bly/Aayla Galactic Heroes pack for my kids at a local Walmart. They had the other ROTS GH figs but one of each...did not think these would be too hard to find at this time, but I am sure they will ship more later on...seeing loads of Force Unleashed figs everywhere, some shelf-wearing!

Reaction score
NYC should be re-named the Jundlund Wastes. All I see are rocky crags of pegwarmers.

Reaction score
Got my Rancor at Target and boy the thing is a "monster"...lol...so much bigger than my Jabba Rancor...It appears 1/3 bigger, has swivel ball-joints and I am truly impressed...shocked it does not cost more...the box is as big as the Endor and Hoth BP's!!!

Reaction score
Found the Mygeeto pack at TRU in Union City on my way into work through the Lincoln Tunnel this morning.

Reaction score
nomadscout said:
Found the Mygeeto pack at TRU in Union City on my way into work through the Lincoln Tunnel this morning.
told you jersey has stuff! ny is the pits!

Reaction score
nomadscout said:
That's south Jersey. Nobody lives there.
Nobody important, anyway!
Nomadscout's right - all of the NJ stores he and I frequent are more easily accessible to the folks on the NY board than the NJ board.

Reaction score
I post here often and am happy to share finds with those who frequent this area as well as hear what's happening in the tri-state area.

I provided a NJ link as an additional opportunity for sharing with our NJ forum members. I have this NJ thread under my "favorite places", so I am able to be alerted to new posts in that state as they happen.

I have not been out and about since I got the Rancor. I really do need to swing by a TRU to see the stap droid pack, but am in no rush. For me, this is the quiet before the storm as I save up for the AT-TE and BMF. Not sure where I am going to put them, but I am sure they will find a space.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of sorting through my carded figs /BP's / vehilces/ etc., to see what is unessential. If anyone has a request for an item, PM me and I'll see if I have it for you at a reasonable price.

Reaction score
late afternoon visit to times square tru

passed on utapau shadow trooper and commander neyo (many of both)

passed on the mygeeto bp (one left, city pricing at 27.99
)

missing shadow stormtrooper and covert ops trooper

Reaction score
Made some rounds this morning:

Local TRU had many STAP's and a Hoth BP and lots of Shadow Troopers, Neyo's etc. Picked up the STAP BP

Local Targets have the Rancor on the shelves and plenty of Force Unleashed.

Local Walmarts have last wave of GH figs Aayla/ Bly, etc.

No one has Wii Fit...lol...

Reaction score
Just currious (as there is nothing of interest in the stores now anyway)....

Besides myself, Who here definitely has their heart set on purchasing either or both the BMF and AT-TE???

Reaction score
I haven't even looked for any figures in weeks, I might get back out there next week and look for the Mygeeto BP, but is it worth it just for the new Bacara and some oddly colored Droids? I'll have to see.

I am excited for the end of July and hoping to get some "First Day of Issue" figures. As for the vehicles, I've never been much of a vehicle collector, I see them taking up too much space and collecting too much dust, but that is me. I am interested in the BMF, but probably will not rush to get it and spend my money on figures and Legos first. Yes Legos, in the off Hasbro time my son and I have been doing quite a few Lego sets and he seems to have more fun with the Lego minifigs than the Hasbro figures. I have even bought some older sets on eBay to get certain minifigs. I might be spending more on Lego than Hasbro in the coming years.

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Just currious (as there is nothing of interest in the stores now anyway)....

Besides myself, Who here definitely has their heart set on purchasing either or both the BMF and AT-TE???
Both for me. But I'll be unavailable during midnight madness, so I'm hoping I'll find what I want a few days later.

Reaction score
Saw three discounted Aayla ships at a local Target...aprox. $14.00 each...and...nothing else new...nothing new anywhere...

...did get a Wii Fit though...lol...that was just a tough a hunt....whew!

Reaction score
Picked up some of my son's gifts for his B-Day today. I got the FU Rancor and 2 Order 66 packs. Also received Guitar Hero 3 for the xbox 360 in the mail. Older game I know but my son doesn't have it and is really into Rock Band right now. Besides couldn't pass this up Brand New in box with Wireless guitar for $50 shipped!! Also a brand new Wii with extra controller and chuck and the Wii Fit is on the way!! Yes my son is a spoiled little #$%&^

Reaction score
picked me up a 10 dollar secura ship, kinda crummy since its missing the stupid stickers, thanks hasbro!

also found 1 lonely neyo.

Reaction score
Went to Target in Middletown and was DENIED the Target Coupon $5.00 off. Lady at the register called manager over to correct a register error and then the manager would not let her scan the coupon...DANG!!! The manager stated this coupon was not a "Target coupon" and was NOT created officially by Target, and that they were NOW tracking those who have used it. I did protest somewhat, stating how this coupon has been used very often (not admitting I used it MANY times)...and walked out with my Mygeeto Battlepack and $10.00 Indiana Jones Lego mini-pack...no big deal...I'll try another Target next time with a younger kid on register...lol....

I did pick up a $35.00 (reduced from $100.00) Force FX Lightsaber Construction Set from Radio Shack -the LAST ONE in the store and my second one!!! Now my boys can fight each other in style although they can still whack the tar out of each other with the non-lightup cheap plastic versions...lol...

Reaction score
found the last 5 dollar secura ship, the box was beat to crap but hey its 5 bucks. gonna paint it.

also found 1 blackhole stormie & 1 shadow clone, kinda cool.

finally found something in ny!

Reaction score
Also picked up a $5 Secure ship on Friday. Not on my want list, I'm not really a vehicle collector, but I cannot pass up Star Wars items at 75% off.

This store had a fair selection of SW items, but nothing I need which is only the Mygeeto BP till July 26th. I saw some SL Clones, Gree and others from 2008 Waves 1 and 2. Several BP of Bespin and Hunt for Grievous and vehicles like the AT-AP and Grievous's ship, no Rancor.

Reaction score
They must grow them Rancors bigger in the wild!

SilverClone said:
Got my Rancor at Target and boy the thing is a "monster"...lol...so much bigger than my Jabba Rancor...It appears 1/3 bigger . . .

Reaction score
Just picked up my site-to-store shipped Droid Factory Han Solo & R-3PO (#3 of 6) and wow...it was packed in a 10"x10"x10" shipping box with lots of packaging...all for this little two-pack that's 5'x5'x3"...so it was deliverd in pristine condition. More impressed with this two-pack than what I saw on the forum pics or walmart web-site!

Reaction score
Yes, Wal-Mart site-to-store shipping is ridiculously wasteful.

Is your R-3PO regular paint or the vac-metal version?

Reaction score
SilverClone said:
Painted version...ooops...

davezilko said:

Site-to-Store is pretty awesome as far as convenience is concerned (and I don't have much good to say about Wal*Mart). However, I did it once, and just like SilverClone, it was dwarfed by the wasteful packaging.

Oh, and I doubt there's any way there is actually a vac- metalized "variant". I think that pic we saw was a glimpse of an upcoming build-a-droid. Curto alluded to it in the thread. It may be TC-4.

Reaction score
nomadscout said:
SilverClone said:
Painted version...ooops...

davezilko said:

Site-to-Store is pretty awesome as far as convenience is concerned (and I don't have much good to say about Wal*Mart). However, I did it once, and just like SilverClone, it was dwarfed by the wasteful packaging.

Oh, and I doubt there's any way there is actually a vac- metalized "variant". I think that pic we saw was a glimpse of an upcoming build-a-droid. Curto alluded to it in the thread. It may be TC-4.
I'm fine with the painted version and looking at the vac-metal pic, not sure if I would prefer it (not obsessing over have to have 1 of every fig these days)...really, the Han (even with eyebrows missing on some) is what I am more excited about.

And hey, if they want to ship my item for free in a refrigerator box...more power to them...my item is well-packed and protected and after some HTS deliveries...no complaints here -more is more!!!

They kept the box and the packaging and they can "Go Green" with those if they like! I suppose you can ask to keep the box and recycle it yourself???

Reaction score
Local Walmart had a full endcap of the Build A Droid displays...hundreds of 2-packs...#'s 1-6!!!! These were untouched until me...lol...and FYI not one vac-metal figure...I think the vac-metal thing may have been just a rumor??? I mean I looked at at least 20 R-3PO figs and they were all the same...

Reaction score
Local Wal-Mart this morning had the new Comic Packs! The Lando/StormTooper set was down to 2 left (now only 1). Still multiples of the others, I found it odd these were with the Batman stuff, not in the SW aisle?

In the regular SW aisle there were lots of the Wal-Mart Exclusive "Build A Droid" sets, I only picked up the Luke/R2, that is the only one that interests me.

As for the TAC 3 3/4 figures, WOW, the pegs are dripping with them and a side cap too. This place still has some SAGA2 figures hanging as well. They are going to have to sell a lot to have space ready for July 26 - clearance maybe?

Reaction score
From the Department of Pathetic Begging:

Live in NYC with no Wal-Mart and no car. If any kind NY-area Scummer would be able to help me with the other five Droid Factory 2-packs (I have Han/R-3PO), you'd have my eternal gratitude, plus (on a more quantifiable level) reimbursement for the figures/shipping.

PM me if you can be my good Samaritan? Many thanks from your pathetic urban pal....