NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I told "The Man" a few months back that I wouldn't do this, but come on people give me an F-ing break.

How the heck can you even think this isn't going to go unquestioned????

1980 Kenner Star Wars Loose Leia Hoth AFA U85

If this is not a clear cut case of favoritism, then I sure as heck don't know what is.

AFA U85 My EYE!!!!! I hope AFA goes belly up because of this kind of stuff. And I don't want to hear anyone saying, "well some things slip by" ???? Yeah, by three friends of CloudCity.
Shoot my 8 year old daughter can grade figures better than these yo-yo’s….

leiahoth6283.jpg

Oh, and lets don't forget the CC pitch either:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Don't miss this chance to own these rare and great condition vintage Star Wars items. It is unusual to find many of them in such high grade and who knows when the next opportunity will come along.

[/QUOTE]

These companies make me sick!!!!

-John
mad.gif

Reaction score
I do not believe in grading AT ALL. I never grade figures, but I had a football card graded years ago. It was a 1984 Rookie Dan Marino card that was in my opinion, PERECT! I got a 7 on it. I ripped it out of the protector, threw the thing in the trash and sold the card as is. Screw grading. IT SUCKS!

kmm

Reaction score
That's pretty bad. CC charges way too much and AFA gives them the excuse to charge too much.

Reaction score
This was clearly something they missed. That being said, my personal opinion on the state of AFA is they have far too much to grade, not enough staff and are behind so they rush. I used to use them, I have not sent in one item so far this year because quite frankly I feel they arbitrarily hand out grades (whether it's laziness or lack of knowlegde I really don't know). I can't tell you how many times I sent in virtually a perfect item and received 85 across the board--I say bull crap to that. But the worst is when you send in a figure with a small hairline crease and they give the card a 80 but give the figure a 90, as if to say "we're sorry about only giving your card an 80."
New ownership and new management is a must for them to move ahead, they've already outlived their usefulness in my eyes.
Jay

Reaction score
That’s a disgrace. AFA has more excuses than a pregnant nun. I’ve thought about buying some AFA loose figures but that’s just awful.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
Sure wish I could see the original pic.

Cloud City Collectables doesn't want you to see it now. Nor would AFA want you to see it, I would imagine. It might (and very well SHOULD) hurt their business.

Just another example of the backwards way this hobby works sometimes and the things dishonest people will do to rooke other collectors.

EDIT: Here it is...

leiahoth6283zk6.jpg

Looks like they decided to take down the picture of eggs, tomatoes, and bratwurst that temproraily replaced Leia.
smirk.gif

Reaction score
Re: NOW!!! Tell me these two are NOT in Bed togeth

and its sold
confused.gif

thanks

Vince

Reaction score
I see the original pic is back now (there was a plate of food in its place for a while after the auction nended, for those who hadn't seen).

If someone at CC is having fun with the pics, I'm not impressed.

FWIW, for the love of God they need someone to check/proofread things that leave AFA. It makes their company look incredibly sloppy to put out mislabeled figures (sometimes the wrong figure entirely), misgraded pieces (like this), or letting major variations slip by (DT Luke).

If they have someone already doing this, they need someone else doing it instead, because what they're doing in this regard isn't working. If they don't have someone employed in this capacity, I'd recommend that they hire someone yesterday, because it makes them look clueless at times.

Reaction score
I do not like graded figures
I do not want graded figures
I do not care for graded figures
Sam I'am
grin.gif

My loose Leia is a lot better than this one....and I would never ever pay more money for a graded figures...or pay to have my figure graded.
whats mine going to grade?

I feel they do cater to some...its the same as for comic books that I have seen.

yodascorch

Reaction score

Hi John,

I want to first say that I'm sorry I make you sick. I like to think that in the nearly 10 years I've been in the hobby, including the 5+ years I've been involved with Cloud City, that I've done my best to make a positive impact. So I think you can understand that it's personally very upsetting to hear you say comments like the ones you did. But of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

Regarding the Leia Hoth, it is in our opinion graded properly. I, along with other Cloud City employees, have probably seen and closely inspected thousands of loose graded figures that we have submitted. There have certainly been times where we have disagreed with the grade-- both too high and too low. However, in this instance we really do not see what all the fuss is about. There is minor wear on the hip, and some light scuffing on the feet (which could have been caused by the case), but that is it. In person, this figure is very nice and appropriately graded at an 85. Unfortunately, Leia Hoth is probably one of the most difficult figures to photograph, so I don't know if you are mistaking the reflection for paint wear or discoloration.

I hope this clarifies this figure, and I hope that in the future, accusations of dishonesty aren't tossed about so haphazardly.

-Isaac

Reaction score

- Wear on the waist in more than one place
- Wear on the boots
- Overspray on the forehead
- Part of the lipstick missing
- Discolouration between torso/legs
- Mark on th collar
- Mark on ther chin (could be dirt)

I don't own or buy graded figures, but that does seem like a lot of things wrong to get an 85.

But even though AFA may have been grading for years, it's all still subjective and purely opinion based.

Reaction score

Finally, I was wondering how long it would take.
cool.gif

Isaac_S_Lew said:
Hi John,

I want to first say that I'm sorry I make you sick. I like to think that in the nearly 10 years I've been in the hobby, including the 5+ years I've been involved with Cloud City, that I've done my best to make a positive impact. So I think you can understand that it's personally very upsetting to hear you say comments like the ones you did. But of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

Regarding the Leia Hoth, it is in our opinion graded properly. I, along with other Cloud City employees, have probably seen and closely inspected thousands of loose graded figures that we have submitted. There have certainly been times where we have disagreed with the grade-- both too high and too low. However, in this instance we really do not see what all the fuss is about. There is minor wear on the hip, and some light scuffing on the feet (which could have been caused by the case), but that is it. In person, this figure is very nice and appropriately graded at an 85. Unfortunately, Leia Hoth is probably one of the most difficult figures to photograph, so I don't know if you are mistaking the reflection for paint wear or discoloration.

I hope this clarifies this figure, and I hope that in the future, accusations of dishonesty aren't tossed about so haphazardly.

-Isaac

Fist Isaac I never said "YOU" make me sick, I said CC & AFA make me sick (with the obvious favoritism that AFA provides to CC on grading). I've had this discussion with Mr. D and I said I would back off, but this is just plan getting ridiculous.

Nobody ever accused "YOU" of not making a positive impact, why do you feel the need to defend yourself, against NOTHING???

And it's personally upsetting to me, to keep seeing the same preferential treatment to the same company time & time again. (NOT AN INDIVIDUL).

Read all the posts above yours and see what all the fuss is, it's not just my opinion...I'm just the only one who really does not care what CC, AFA, or yourself (since you seem to take it so personally) think of what I say, so I say what many people feel and or are thinking themselves.

Could have been caused by the case??? Now that is reaching for straws is it not, there are NO signs of this figure rubbing against the case.

There is no mistaking anything!!! First the paint op's on the hair suck, this in itself should have lowered the grade to an 80, then take into account the paint loss from the hip and boots.......You tell me this is not a firm 75 figure, and just for S&G we'll allow for the "U" designation.

And for the record I don’t toss off haphazardly, I know exactly what I’m tossing and when.
grin.gif

Now let me show you my Loose, Played with Leia from childhood...I guarantee if little ol' me sent this beauty in, it would not fetch more than a AFA75 (if I'm lucky).

Note the Clean paint op's on the hair and lack of paint loss, remember I played with this figure as a child some 20 odd years ago. Not to mention the fact that it rolled around in a Vader Case for god knows how many years.

Leia1.jpg

Leia3.jpg

Leia2.jpg

Leia4.jpg

Leia5.jpg

Leia6.jpg

If the CC one graded at an 85 then I feel this one should grade higher, don't you??? What a 90 or 95???? Yeah, Sure it would.

And again, unless there was something super rare about the CC one, that gave it a higher grade..Welllll!!!..Then that in itself is also just wrong. Rarity does not constitute a higher grade---ONLY CONDITION!!!!!

NEXT?!?!?

-John OUT!!!
smile.gif

Reaction score

confused.gif
Thats why I grade MY figures on a scale suited to me and how valuable I find them to be. I really don't believe in a grading system such as this, it is the same as appraising a house, it is an educated GUESS.
confused.gif

Reaction score

Isaac_S_Lew said:
Hi John,

John still hasn't figured out how to find the AFA section of the forums, so I wouldn't take it too personally Issac.
wink.gif

On a serious note... John, there's a way to draw people's attention to an issue you feel is important without going too far by willfully attempting to trash their reputations.

Right now, its not CCC's reputation that looks questionable to me.

Leif

Reaction score
Boy! For some people this CCC-AFA conspiracy theory never gets old. I'll try and be polite and not knock John, but if you look closely, it appears that paint rubbed off the boots and onto the acyrlic. Does the possibility exist that the boots came into contact with the acrylic after the fact (post-grading)??? I'd be inclined to give that one a very big, fat YES. I wish people would think things through before posting but most people don't so I am not surprised.

Mike

Reaction score
Mike the same holds true for those who just don't want to see the other sides issue.

There is absolutely no signs of the boots rubbing on the case, don't you think I looked carefully at that before I posted? Of course not because I didn't think it through.

And for what it's worth I don't mind being knocked, as you put it, I totally expected it as this topic is always met with two opinions, and for that I am grateful that people are willing to stand up for what they believe in. Just as I am doing the same when I post that it's getting more and more obvious what is going on....

For the record as I stated above, I've been quiet for several months about this issue, trying not to make more out of it than what it is. This one just really hit home with me and I felt compelled to comment.

Which leads me to my all time favorite question; Why AFA if this is what's going to happen to your minty figure once placed in one of these cases. (If the boots did indeed rub the case).

So someone who has a complete mint set of figures graded at 85 or better, can expect them to become banged up in the future due to them rubbing in the case. Boy that will make a nice looking collection.

Person One: "Look!!! My figures are all AFA 85."
Person Two: "Yeah, but they're all scuffed up."
Person One: "So they're still AFA 85."
Person Two: "Whoopee!"

Finally I'd like to ask how many of you AFA collectors have experienced your figure(s) becoming less attractive, due to some sort of damage caused by the case???

Cheers,

-John
smile.gif

Reaction score
MIKE_PRESS said:
Boy! For some people this CCC-AFA conspiracy theory never gets old. I'll try and be polite and not knock John, but if you look closely, it appears that paint rubbed off the boots and onto the acyrlic. Does the possibility exist that the boots came into contact with the acrylic after the fact (post-grading)??? I'd be inclined to give that one a very big, fat YES. I wish people would think things through before posting but most people don't so I am not surprised.

Mike

how could it be from rattling in the case? afa and ccc are located within seconds from each other! so close they even use the same packing peanuts??? i would say almost all ccc afa figures are atleast over graded by 5 points and who knows what else is slipping by? i just got a pm from tom telling me "it has been 2 years since i worked at ccc" well that means you did work there [selling afa graded figures that he most likely graded himself] and you now have a "friend" who sells your graded/authenticated figures for you. John Rollins

Reaction score
JOHN_ROLLINS said:
MIKE_PRESS said:

Mike

how could it be from rattling in the case? afa and ccc are located within seconds from each other. so close they even use the same packing peanuts! i would say almost all ccc afa figures are atleast over graded by 5 points and who knows what else is slipping by? i just got a pm from tom telling me "it has been 2 years since i worked at ccc" well that means you did work there [selling afa graded figures that he most likely graded himself] and you now have a "friend" who sells your graded/authenticated figures for you. John Rollins

Ouch!!! Now that was harsh.

-John

Reaction score
John...

I understand that you haven't been a fan of AFA since its inception, which is fine-- lots of people aren't. There have been conspiracy theorists for years regarding the whole AFA/CC "connection," but I'm wondering, what would you consider evidence enough to disprove your theory? If your mind's made up, it's made up.

My earlier post in this thread was really about AFA quality control, *not* about the alleged connection between AFA and other parties (I didn't dignify that with a response, since it's often brought up from time to time as if it hasn't been dealt with by the parties concerned. It has). If there was a connection (and I don't think that there is, and never did), wouldn't those sealed ships and playsets that CC has on ebay right now be 90s instead of 85s? It would mean a world of difference in price, and would be virtually undetectable if anyone wanted to argue the grade.

I don't see how an occasional relatively cheap, loose, graded common figure proves much of anything. Granted I didn't think it was an 85, but I've seen similar pieces in other collections besides that of CC. Again, I looked at this as a quality control issue as if it was misgraded when I saw the picture, but I can't see how it really demonstrates anything other than that (when it comes to grading, it's like arguing [censored] and strikes with the homeplate umpire. If the ump says it's a strike, he has his reasons, even if the pitch is a little outside. If it's an 85, well, if AFA says insists that it is, then it is, like it or not).

From a business standpoint, it would be an almost unimaginable liability to have a third-party grading company in league with a major dealer, and I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would risk the devastating fallout (for both parties) if such a thing were proven to be true. As I've stated in other threads, I do think AFA should have be more transparent about how it handles submissions, but not because I thought there was anything shady going on, but just so collectors such as yourself could be put more at ease with how the whole process is run.

(And as you know, I have no personal issue with you John, so I'm not looking to pick a fight or take this further, but I really have to disagree with you on this).

Dave

(Edit: Who's in control of the filtering in RS? My goodness.. turn that thing down. Can I say "ball" at least?)

Reaction score
Thanks Dave much appreciated and you are right all the way through your post, and to that I do not have an argument.

My whole issue as always is the grading practice of AFA, for which I as you stated have no earthly clue as to how they go about it. Sure we've all been told that at least three persons look at each piece and then a grade is given.

So that leaves me back to my original conspiracy theory, how in the heck does this piece of junk Leia get an 85, if no less than three "Professional" graders have looked at it.

In all honesty I do think that I could have presented my point about the grading better than I did, with the whole CC & AFA in bed together thing, so I will admit that I jumped the gun there, however it still does not clear up the fact that CCC ends up with more of the "obscure" graded items than anyone out there. Regardless of how many items they submit.

And yes if this was a full blown conspiracy then Yep I would think that the boxed items you referred to would have been graded higher.

In a way I'm sorry I brought this issue up (especially seeing that Tom has decided to bail out of the RS boards) I know I am totally to blame for that even though he did not come right out and say it, it was obvious enough. I don't take that with an ounce of ease.

Anyway, I felt the need to show my discuss with AFA's grading practice, and with doing so have driven a well respected member of this hobby away. All I can say to that is that I too am sorry to see him go, but that is his choice and his choice alone.

Perhaps Tom will reconsider sometime in the future, as his incite to the hobby & community is invaluable.

You know what they say it only takes one bad apple, so I guess I'll take the brunt of being that apple of the day.

But it still does not (in my mind and several others that have email & pm'ed me) change my opinion on the grading practices of AFA or lack there of, with regards to items that come in from CCC.

With my Sincerest Regrets,

-John

To add in with what Leif stated earlier, I’m sure I will be look upon in a different light by many collectors on these boards, but I don't think it will be because of my comments about this whole issue, rather the fact that I and I alone have driven Tom from the boards.

Reaction score

John_A_Graham said:
Fist Isaac I never said "YOU" make me sick, I said CC & AFA make me sick

When you insult the company I am currently employed at, and have had a considerable connection to for the past 5 years, I do take that personally. You know why? Because I take pride in my work and I try to do my very best to help out the collecting community in the position that I'm in. So to see all that dismissed as "sickening" is very upsetting, and quite frankly, hurts. Again, you didn't say that grading sickens you (which you are very well entitled to say), you said that Cloud City does. And that's offensive to me because it directly correlates to me.

Nobody ever accused "YOU" of not making a positive impact, why do you feel the need to defend yourself, against NOTHING???

[/QUOTE]

See above.

I'm just the only one who really does not care what CC, AFA, or yourself (since you seem to take it so personally) think of what I say

[/QUOTE]

If you don't care what I say that I'm not really sure why I'm even replying. I think it's only polite to try to listen to the other side of every argument.

then take into account the paint loss from the hip and boots.......You tell me this is not a firm 75 figure, and just for S&G we'll allow for the "U" designation.

[/QUOTE]

Allow for the U designation? This was from a cut card which I personally saw with my own two eyes. There was no allowing anything. It was marked exactly how it should be.

Now let me show you my Loose, Played with Leia from childhood...I guarantee if little ol' me sent this beauty in, it would not fetch more than a AFA75 (if I'm lucky).

[/QUOTE]

That's a very, very nice figure. You must have clearly played very carefully with your figures. It's definitely possible that it would get a 90.

Rarity does not constitute a higher grade---ONLY CONDITION!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

-Isaac

Reaction score

Isaac_S_Lew said:
John_A_Graham said:

When you insult the company I am currently employed at, and have had a considerable connection to for the past 5 years, I do take that personally. You know why? Because I take pride in my work and I try to do my very best to help out the collecting community in the position that I'm in. So to see all that dismissed as "sickening" is very upsetting, and quite frankly, hurts. Again, you didn't say that grading sickens you (which you are very well entitled to say), you said that Cloud City does. And that's offensive to me because it directly correlates to me.

See above.

I'm just the only one who really does not care what CC, AFA, or yourself (since you seem to take it so personally) think of what I say

[/QUOTE]

If you don't care what I say that I'm not really sure why I'm even replying. I think it's only polite to try to listen to the other side of every argument.

then take into account the paint loss from the hip and boots.......You tell me this is not a firm 75 figure, and just for S&G we'll allow for the "U" designation.

[/QUOTE]

Allow for the U designation? This was from a cut card which I personally saw with my own two eyes. There was no allowing anything. It was marked exactly how it should be.

[/QUOTE]

That's a very, very nice figure. You must have clearly played very carefully with your figures. It's definitely possible that it would get a 90.

Rarity does not constitute a higher grade---ONLY CONDITION!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

-Isaac

[/QUOTE]

issac do you agree with the u85 grade? did you grade this figure? and how do you know this is the same figure being sold by ccc? i thought the graders are not given senders names so everything is fair??? only the shipping department has the client's info, that's what i was told. John Rollins

Reaction score

JOHN_ROLLINS said:
issac do you agree with the u85 grade?
Yes, I very much agree with this grade. And there have been plenty of times in the past where I have not fully agreed with a grade.

did you grade this figure?

[/QUOTE]
Huh? No, I don't work for AFA.

and how do you know this is the same figure being sold by ccc?

[/QUOTE]
Because I helped submit it, and it came back to us, and I recognize it.

i thought the graders are not given senders names so everything is fair??? only the shipping department has the client's info, that's what i was told.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's correct.

-Isaac

Reaction score

Isaac_S_Lew said:
John_A_Graham said:

When you insult the company I am currently employed at, and have had a considerable connection to for the past 5 years, I do take that personally. You know why? Because I take pride in my work and I try to do my very best to help out the collecting community in the position that I'm in.

-Isaac

Very knobble of you, I was a manager for Wal-Mart for three years, and I too took pride in my store and the company, etc, etc.

Do you know how many times I had customers tell me to my face that Wal-Mart sucks or Wal-Mart makes me sick, or any number of other issues???? Yes, even grown adults who collect Star Wars & Hot Wheels, had nasty things to say to me.

Know what, I never took it personally and I sure as heck never gave any of my customers any lip for making their comments.
wink.gif

BTW: I am one of your customers, I have bought from CCC in the past.
smirk.gif

Thanks for the re-enforcement to shop with you again.

-John
rolleyes.gif

Reaction score

I don't get it, John. Where was I giving you lip? I merely said I didn't appreciate your comments. I never said you couldn't say them. I was trying to be cordial and polite.

Although Wal-Mart is a vastly different company than Cloud City, I bet it didn't feel good to you when people said nasty things to you. That's the point I am making. And it's hard to not take things personally when the company I work for is exponentially smaller than Wal-Mart.

I really wish some of the other collectors who I have helped out in the last few months would speak up here. I think you are totally misinterpreting what I am saying.

-Isaac

Reaction score

Nah, I'm not misinterpreting anything you’re say Isaac, I'm just being me hard headed and stubborn. That's just one of the great traits about me.

I do fully understand what you are saying and I find it very reassuring, that you take pride in the company.

Any employee should be able to take pride in who they work for.

I do totally understand please believe that, again it is not "YOU" or "TOM" or Joe blow behind the counter that I was/am having issues with....You need to understand that my issue is with a store front name, not the people behind the scene...My lack of sight that far is what brought this all on. I have no issue with anyone (or one Person) who works for AFA or CCC, Plain and simple. I find Tom a very pleasant person to talk with and don't have issue with him or you. All my issues are with AFA's grading & the fact that CCC seems to think that the grades are fair. I just personally don't.

Right I'm off to start another thread, watch for it.

-John
smile.gif

Reaction score

John,

The AFA vs. non-AFA debate becomes a tiring battle that requires way too much energy in order to try to prove a point. I guess the same can be said about people who have the ridiculous belief that CCC gets preferential treatment. Tom has admitted ownership in AFA which in my mind has WAY bigger potential than anything CCC has the capacity to be. Why would Tom jeopardize that?? You can call Tom lots of things (you have the right) but in my 8 years of knowing him he's pretty smart and I doubt he would.

As for Isaac, give the guy a break. He's standing up for a company he works for as he takes pride in that. Your Wal-Mart analogy isn't great because your influence in that company with your day-to-day affairs might have not had the same impact that Isaac's does due to the sheer size of the company you worked for. Insulting a small operation sort of does fall back on Isaac as there aren't exactly thousands of employees where he is. I can see how Isaac feels your comments relate directly to him, and as a result, why he's offended.

You seem to derive a bit of pleasure from being "the guy that drove Tom Derby from the boards", which seems a bit childish to me considering your long-history of well thought out posts and positive contributions to the hobby in previous posts I've read (I am not being sarcastic here). How many dungeon master points do you get for that? I don't know if you can take all the credit but you may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I agree with Mike M. wholeheartedly that the absence of Tom from the boards will be a big loss. With more and more people like him leaving the boards and more collectors filling up space talking about puzzles and paint variations, this place is going to get old pretty quickly. And that's kinda sad, because I really enjoy coming here daily, even if it is only for 10 minutes which is mostly spent lurking.

Please don't expect me to continue to post to defend my comments. I work a pretty busy schedule and don't have much time to do this sort of thing. I happen to be up right now because I am working. As you have mentioned this is an issue that people on both sides feel strongly about so let's just agree to disagree.

We are all entitled to our own opinion and you are certainly not an exception.

Thanks
Mike

Reaction score

Hello everyone,

I am posting a picture of the Leia Hoth that we just took out of the AFA case. We have informed the buyer and he will be getting a replacement. Also, this figure is of course no longer uncirculated. This picture has not been edited and clearly shows there is no fading or discoloration on the figure. I will let the picture speak for itself.

leiahothloose.jpg

-Isaac

kmm

Reaction score

Isaac_S_Lew said:
I don't get it, John. Where was I giving you lip? I merely said I didn't appreciate your comments. I never said you couldn't say them. I was trying to be cordial and polite.

Although Wal-Mart is a vastly different company than Cloud City, I bet it didn't feel good to you when people said nasty things to you. That's the point I am making. And it's hard to not take things personally when the company I work for is exponentially smaller than Wal-Mart.

I really wish some of the other collectors who I have helped out in the last few months would speak up here. I think you are totally misinterpreting what I am saying.

-Isaac

I would speak up here about how this has suddenly turned into a nasty witch hunt on CC and AFA but I am sure that I will get my head bitten off for being "new" to the boards like I have in the past.

Reaction score

I didnt think bad spray ops were a detractor from AFAs standpoint, as it is a factory created "flaw"

Im not a fan of AFA myself, but I dont see why they would take points off for a factory defect...

Reaction score

Tyler_H said:
I didnt think bad spray ops were a detractor from AFAs standpoint, as it is a factory created "flaw"

Im not a fan of AFA myself, but I dont see why they would take points off for a factory defect...

If that were the case then everything would be a U90.

Reaction score

After seeing Tom Derby "in action" at CIV's Lucas Archives Silent Auction, I can't say I'm sad to see him go.

-Snags

Reaction score

Hi Issac,

I think that you have every right to be proud of your employer and of what you do for them - if only more employees felt the same way is what I say!

Anyhow, regarding the graded Leia - ok so what? We have here a mistake - it's been overgraded. Simple as. Here's why IMHO:

leiahothloose.jpg

My concern is not about an over grade being assigned to this figure but WTF has happened to our collecting community in general recently? RS Members scamming other RS members, Newbies being hounded to death for asking 'Newbie' questions and then above all else one of the most respected members of the whole SW collecting community being soooo p*ssed off with being vilified in public that he feels it necessary to disassociate himself with these forums! These are sad times indeed.

There is no collusion between CC & AFA - if there was and what with all of the budding Sherlock Holmes's out there, I am 100% positive that we would already know for certain. 2 businesses within the same industry that certain employees have moved between - it happens all the time in every industry. I am sure, considering the amount they charge, that AFA is pretty much a multi-million dollar enterprise - no way would that be risked by trying to squeeze a few more bucks out via colluding with CC - no WAY!

Still back to the original point addressed regrading the Leia - it's still overgraded - I don't think anyone can expect 100% accuracy 100% of the time - as the saying goes 'They're only human afterall'.

Kepp up the good work AFA but please try and be a slight more thorough in the future - it is what WE pay you for afterall!

Peace,
Christian.

Reaction score

No.. Not at all..
there are still bubble rubs, misc damages caused in the bubble, and defect figures from the factory..
I got, as a kid, a 3po with burn marks on its back side..

poekeeper said:
Tyler_H said:

If that were the case then everything would be a U90.

Reaction score

Hello John.The reality is if you do not collect afa collectables then there is no reason to post against them, you need to be posting in the non-afa sections.I would not waste my time posting in the posters section as i do not collect them.If you collect afa collectables as i do and have since the begining of AFA, I feel I would have more of a right than someone that does not even collect their items to complain about them.So John, you do not collect afa items so then complain about the thousands of non-graded items that are resealed or fake as there are way more problems with non-graded items.I do not bash you for not getting your items graded, as I feel (each to there own)I ask myself why did Tom stay here so long as all you none afa collectors have done nothing but bash this man and CCC,Brians Toys, as he did not need all the stress but he stayed and tried to help any real afa collectors out there with any concern they had, and for that, I thank you Tom.

my 2cents

Reaction score

i got to give it up to CC on this one. they took a figure out of the case, which has definitely cost them money

Reaction score

lumat said:
i got to give it up to CC on this one. they took a figure out of the case, which has definitely cost them money

it was only $40. i'm sure they would love to just destroy it!
Cloud city has been around for nearly ten years. link on ebay right now Cloud City has the most afa graded stuff by far. they have nearly 1,000 afa graded items. maybe the reason why there are huge delays getting your items back from afa is because tom[afa] is to busy taking care of himself? tom started Cloud City, ran it for eight years [no matter how you spin it] he then put the bussiness in a friends name. i did the mapquest between the two locations and they are 11 minutes apart. link do not be blind to the CLEAR conection between the two. the bottom line is a grading company should not have an intimate relationship with a seller. i'm not tring to be a [censored] but the truth should be known. please let me know if i said one thing that is not true. John Rollins

Status
Not open for further replies.