Not going to the Concert?

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey if you are not going to the concert Friday night because of a late flight etc etc Then how about we all meet up for a mixer of sorts at one of the hotels?

I'm not going to the concert because it is coming to Cincinnati in December.

anyone?

Reaction score
I'll be arriving late Friday - but I may be up for a meet up that night. I will consult with my travel bud......

Whereabouts are most staying? The official FD hotel?

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think we're all close to each other in the group of hotels within that area.

I think Eric Geller will be with me, you have been warned :p

Reaction score
Dustin, I think this is a great idea, especially for the newbies and foreigners like me. Hope we can meet all you guys there!

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aviluke said:
Dustin, I think this is a great idea, especially for the newbies and foreigners like me. Hope we can meet all you guys there!
Holy Moly! YOU're coming in from CHILE?! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you there!!!

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Aviluke said:
Holy Moly! YOU're coming in from CHILE?! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you there!!!
Now thats what I call a die hard

Reaction score
Thank you guys! This will be my second Star Wars convention (CIV was my first) and I hope we all have a GREAT time.

Do you have an idea where this little reunion may be? We're going to stay at the official SWFD3 hotel (Hampton Inn Richardson) and we'll rent a car, so anywhere near that would be okay.

Just 16 more days to get the party started!

Reaction score
Ill be at the concert Friday night, but if anyone else has ambitions of a get together Saturday night as well (after we appease our loved ones with a really nice dinner for coming with us to this con) I would be up for that. And I would love to have the chance to rub elbows with a fellow SW fan from Chile.

Reaction score
I can't affor to go to the concert and will be at the Plano Center setting up until they close. LMK where you guys plan to meet and I'll swing by.

Dustin, will you be at the Plano Center Fri evening too? If so, do you need a ride back to the hotel?

Reaction score
I'm interested! We will be driving into town on Friday from Denver, so it may be a bit late when we arrive.

The concert is coming to Denver, so I am down with pre-con festivities.

Reaction score
I'm at the Hampton Inn too and would love to meet up. I think I get in at 10:30 but am trying to get out of work early and catch the flight that gets in at 8:30.

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just a little under two weeks to meet you all and have a great time. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, does anybody have an idea where we can get together on Friday night? I don't know the area or the hotels, but maybe there's some local folks who can throw an opinion here.

I know a couple of people outside of the forums that would be very happy to attend this meeting and it'd be great if we can let them know in advance where we'll be on the 23rd. We can even invite the people who'll attend the concert to meet us afterwards! I know the breakfast is very early, but come on, how many opportunities do we have to have this kind of fun, Star Wars style!

See ya in 10 days!

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kit_Fisto_13 said:
I can't affor to go to the concert and will be at the Plano Center setting up until they close. LMK where you guys plan to meet and I'll swing by.

Dustin, will you be at the Plano Center Fri evening too? If so, do you need a ride back to the hotel?
I'm good buddy, got my landspeeder all set :)

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aviluke said:
Hey guys! Just a little under two weeks to meet you all and have a great time. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, does anybody have an idea where we can get together on Friday night? I don't know the area or the hotels, but maybe there's some local folks who can throw an opinion here.

I know a couple of people outside of the forums that would be very happy to attend this meeting and it'd be great if we can let them know in advance where we'll be on the 23rd. We can even invite the people who'll attend the concert to meet us afterwards! I know the breakfast is very early, but come on, how many opportunities do we have to have this kind of fun, Star Wars style!

See ya in 10 days!
We'll most likely be at the Hampton since that is where everyone is staying it seems :)

Just look for a bunch of guys wearing Star Wars shirts :)

There is no " meet me at the water tower at 6:00pm" plan going on really. Find us or we'll find you either way there should be a good handful of fans mulling around. Come out of your rooms and check the lobby etc etc, you never know who you might meet or who I might find to drag along . . . .

Reaction score
Sounds great! Count me in! We caught the 10/10 SW concert in Sacramento so we won't be going in Dallas.

Our flight arrives around 1pm.. So we'll definately be around! Hampton Inn for us.

See you there!!

Reaction score
JediChewie7934 said:
Sounds great! Count me in! We caught the 10/10 SW concert in Sacramento so we won't be going in Dallas.

Our flight arrives around 1pm.. So we'll definately be around! Hampton Inn for us.

See you there!!
I have been trying to find out how early to show up to the concert to try and get everything in. How long does it take to get through the prop room they have set up and is there anything else to do before the concert?

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DarthBobul said:
JediChewie7934 said:

See you there!!
I have been trying to find out how early to show up to the concert to try and get everything in. How long does it take to get through the prop room they have set up and is there anything else to do before the concert?

You posted this in the wrong thread. This is for folks NOT attending the concert.

Reaction score
My flight get in too late to go to the concert and as of right now I have no plans Friday night.

Dustin, shoot me a PM with your number... can't remember if I have it or not.

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Aviluke said:

See ya in 10 days!
We'll most likely be at the Hampton since that is where everyone is staying it seems :)

Just look for a bunch of guys wearing Star Wars shirts :)

There is no " meet me at the water tower at 6:00pm" plan going on really. Find us or we'll find you either way there should be a good handful of fans mulling around. Come out of your rooms and check the lobby etc etc, you never know who you might meet or who I might find to drag along . . . .
I hope they have a bar at this hotel. Last time there was no bar, so I bought a 6 pack of Corona and sat in my room watching a Batman cartoon . . . I got CRAZy that night!!!

Reaction score
There's something across the street though, isn't there? bar/grill type place?

Reaction score
The Hampton inn website lists several restaurants nearby including a Humperdinks within walking distance. I've never heard of this place but it appears to be a restaurant/brewery chain.

So if we go there I'm sure Eric could join us!

Reaction score
"within walking distance" = across the street
(according to Google Street view which I've used to plan my entire trip. LOL)

Reaction score
cprav said:
"within walking distance" = across the street
(according to Google Street view which I've used to plan my entire trip. LOL)
On the Humperdinks website the food looked appetizing & most importantly they have beer!

Reaction score
Humperdinks it is (Friday) unless the hotel has a bar. . . then I can just stumble in and go to sleep. Hope you guys are going to be out late, my plane is now coming in after 11:00 PM

Reaction score
im going to the concert, but keep the bar open for me! Ill be there as soon as I can. Since I wont be able to sleep anyway Im up for an all nighter. lol

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We've already check in at the Hampton Inn @ Richardson. Just came back from Humperdink's bar (and brewery). Very nice, tried the "Texas Blonde" beer. I think it'll be great for our meeting tomorrow evening.

See you all guys real soon!

Reaction score
No
Im going to be busy visiting around Fort Worth - but I saw it in Los Angeles at the beginning of the month and it was awesome. I get a pic. with Dave Filoni when I saw him there and everything!

Ed3

Reaction score
Quick sign up for Humperdink's e-mail list. They'll send you a buy-one-get-one coupon so you can save some cash for autographs and whatnot.

Reaction score
Saw a few photos on Twitter - hope to see more when you get back. Always good to see some fellow Scummers meeting up - plus you guys combined my two favorite things (Star Wars and quality Microbrews)