Nostalgia for the 12" Hasbro figures (1996 - 2005)

Reaction score
Some other cool memories of this line:

-The 1997 Luke & Han 12" Stormtrooper (w/mouse droid) Kay-Bee exclusive set was extremely tough to find. I was fortunate that I had put my name & phone # in @ Kay-bee, and they were nice enough to call me when the set came in (so I could come & pick it up) - even though it was being sold out quickly. Great customer service on Kay-bee's part - something that is sorely lacking with many brick & mortar stores these days.

-Some of the 1997 12" exclusives were later re-packed as single mainstream releases in 1998. Specifically, I remember the 1997 AT-AT Driver exclusive (Service Merchandise) was a mainstream release in Spring/Summer 1998. Also, the Grand Moff Tarkin (which had been previously boxed with the DS Gunner in '97) was packaged as an individual release in '98 as well. IIRC, these later releases were slightly different than the exclusives. However, I thought it was great that Hasbro saw that the demand was there for these - and then re-released them later for those of us who couldn't get them initially. Well-done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In Washington State, Wal-Marts were kind of a new thing in my neighborhood in the late 90s, so the Walmart exclusives were hardest for me to find. Since there were still so few Walmarts around. Suffice it to say, the only 12" figures I Never saw in person were the Bith Band members and Dagobah Luke with Yoda. I traded for the Bith and bought Luke/Yoda on eBay. Funny, with all the 12" and 6" releases of Luke and Yoda over the years, that was the only release that came with the blue training backpack. I was really surprised that they left that out of the fully loaded Hot Toys and Sideshow figures. Especially considering they made that giant Yoda Hut diorama with lots of included accessories...not even a backpack in there. But hey at least we got Yoda's "sittin' log". ;)

Reaction score
Great White Shark capitol of the United States
I've just re-purchased a figure that I owned years ago but was played with by my three boys when they were younger. The Coruscant Guard. This was one of the figures that was MOST adored due to the awesome blue robes that were as good as any cape-wearing super hero figure.
Part of me wants to customize this guy with a more articulated body and more detailed G.I. Joe head under the helmet. The black T-visor looked awesome too so once he arrives I'm the mail I'll decide what to do.
It would be cool to mirror my Palpatine shelf and display Valorum with two blue guards. Has anybody got pics of multiple Coruscant Guards on display or of a customized guard?

Reaction score
Some other cool memories of this line:

-The 1997 Luke & Han 12" Stormtrooper (w/mouse droid) Kay-Bee exclusive set was extremely tough to find. I was fortunate that I had put my name & phone # in @ Kay-bee, and they were nice enough to call me when the set came in (so I could come & pick it up) - even though it was being sold out quickly. Great customer service on Kay-bee's part - something that is sorely lacking with many brick & mortar stores these days.

-Some of the 1997 12" exclusives were later re-packed as single mainstream releases in 1998. Specifically, I remember the 1997 AT-AT Driver exclusive (Service Merchandise) was a mainstream release in Spring/Summer 1998. Also, the Grand Moff Tarkin (which had been previously boxed with the DS Gunner in '97) was packaged as an individual release in '98 as well. IIRC, these later releases were slightly different than the exclusives. However, I thought it was great that Hasbro saw that the demand was there for these - and then re-released them later for those of us who couldn't get them initially. Well-done.
I LOVED Kay-Bee and always tried to purchase there first. My local store was always well stocked and just like you, my Gamorrean guard was set aside in perfect condition for me to pick up. Some of my favorite toys in my collection are my electronic 12" figures and Kay-Bee had those as exclusives as I recall

Reaction score
Agree 200%. The Hasbro Bossk 12" is absolutely on the best figures in the 12" Hasbro line. Great detail & sculpt - it's amazing that this was only $20 retail when it came out. Hasbro actually produced all of the bounty hunters in the 12" scale, and they all look decent. In addition to Bossk, notable stand-outs are Zuckuss & 4-LOM. I also like how the IG-88 has a feature in which you can make him taller, to reflect the character's taller size in the film.

Note I'm discounting the original 12" Boba Fett since the head was way too small, but this was made later as a 12" Electronic toy - which looked much better.
And the OTC Boba Fett is awesome especially next to his child members. My personal favorite bounty Hunter from this line is IG-88. 2 weapons, shoulder pads, expandable legs, awesome paint and sculpt, it's got it all