Northshore/southshore area reports

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
We've had a new Target open in Madisonville/I-12 area for about 2 months, and they still have nothing but remnants of the Hoth wave. The WM in Hammond got another case of the Yavin wave, but I still have yet to find J'Quille or the Star Destroyer wave, much less the Generals.

Reaction score
When the "New Target" opened up in Monroe....It took them 10-11 months AFTER they opened before they got any new figures. I know how ya feel.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm a bit late posting this, but Slidell TRU had a couple of the newly repackaged Unleashed Sidious and Jedi Luke a few days ago. I passed on both because I have Sidious, and I just haven't been pleased with the Luke sculpt. Nothing else new to report; I finally ordered a case and knocked out every figure I needed in one fell swoop! The status of the stores, though, is disheartening. I don't want to resort to case buying forever.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
The only new things in months are the OTC Vader's TIE at the Slidell TRU (which looks great in the package), and a few OTC lightsabers at Target. If I didn't order a case of figures last time, I would have missed the entire bounty hunters wave and Generals waves. They need to do something about our lame WMs and Targets down here...

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I guess I put my foot in my mouth, because the Covington WM got slammed with all the current OTC waves! I couldn't believe the feeling of seeing the new cardbacks on the pegs- they are gorgeous. I got one of each of the Dagobah and Bespin waves, and left all the repacks (they looked great though, and I'm glad new collectors will get a shot at them).

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Mandeville K-Mart got the first 3 VOTC (not Luke), Galactic Heroes, Ask Yoda, and 3 each of 12" Fett and Luke. All 3 Fetts are blue- I only bought 1 Han VOTC. At least the stuff's showing up!

Reaction score
Head ups Everyone on the Northshore, Baton rouge area,

Found Cantina Sets at local K Mart's. Paint job is awful
on the sets-Kitik is fantastic after 2 years waiting for
her. Meditiation Chamber is on the way with a few other deluxe figures for the first quarter of 2005. More Later!!!!

Reaction score
Does any of the Northshore TARGET stores have any 12" Star Wars figures?
EDIT: The Covington/Madisonville Target has a few Lukes and a Stormtrooper, No Fetts.

PLMK

Reaction score
Down here on the wast bank things are pretty dry. The local Target had some new ROTS from the Tarkin/Baccara wave, but they were gone the next day. I can keep posting if i find anything.

Reaction score
crap on a stick! i missed the tarkin wave again!?
when did they show?

E>

Reaction score
They arrived on the 4th. The only ones that i saw were Baccara, R2 and crispy Anakin. I snagged the 2 baccaras and I'm glad I did. Everything was gone the next day. Strange though there were no Tarkins or aliens at all. I figured you got them.
Ill let you know if i see anything else.

Reaction score
Ha! I do remember seeing a lone R2 there around that time!

Btw, over on aftimes, someone reported seeing 500th Vader at the Manhattan Wal-mart yesterday. I've been working in Kenner most of the week so I haven't had a chance to see if any are left.

E>

Reaction score
One of the clerks at the westbank TRU said something about a new Vader with a removable helmet coming in day before yesterday, some guy bought the whole case. it didnt even hit the shelf.
Im wondering if that was 500th Vader?

Reaction score
Sounds like it. I'm hoping I'll find it at Wal-mart since it's a couple bucks cheaper.

Man, several things have been hitting this past week and I've had no time to look. I read people found 51-53 at both Targets Friday and Saturday. erg!

E>

Reaction score
I went to Target today and got 51-53. Someone saw me looking at SW and hooked me up with some that their friend stashed for them.

Also picked up the Vader Evolutions and Jedi vs Sith Battle pack at K-mart on Vets.

TRU had a 500th Vader. Couldn't bring myself to spend the $17 on it they were asking. It looks kind of cheap.

Oh, and I stopped by the flea market. Told him Darth Dennis sent me (not that I haven't been there before, but you said to, so...) He didn't know who that was, I couldn't remember your real name, but we figured it out. lol.

Pretty good run today.

E>

Reaction score
Dont worry HE was the one that was supposed to remember my screen name when I sent people to him. Do they have anymore Jedi sith packs, if so how much are they running? Which Target eastbank or westbank? Im off tomorrow, and Im going to try to make my rounds.

Reaction score
There were two left after I got mine. I also posted over on aft and I know at least one got picked up. Maybe the Belle Chasse K will have some? Target was on Vets. Good luck!

Reaction score
Belle Chase has zip. Nothing but peg warmers. They havent had anyhthing new since midnight madness. I work at the Cucos right across the street, I'm in there just about every day.

Reaction score
Too funny. I work not too far from there. At least when I'm working in the office. The rest of the time I'm in Kenner.

They actually had one Vs set left today at the K on the East because one of the guys at aft mentioned picking it up today. I spoke to someone else this afternoon who saw them at the Vets/David K yesterday was well. I bet you'll find them at that BC K soon.

E>

oh, and they were $21.99.

Reaction score
Heres hoping. With my slavedriving boss it seems like the only way I'll get one is if it shows up here.
Made the rounds yesterday around here. Nothing new Im afraid. the westbank is bone dry except for one antilles. who i am afraid may eventually warm the pegs right next to his commanding officer. I almost didnt notice it it looks just like bail.

Reaction score
There were a lot of Antilles, Utapau Warriors, and Zett Juskas at the Vets Target this morning (two Red Guards and a bunch of Gunners as well), and a 500th Vader at K-mart at Causeway. I think the drought might almost be over...

E>

Reaction score
For anyone in the area still interested in aquiring the quick draw attack clone trooper (original versions), as of Wednesday, 7/27, the wal-mart in new orleans east just off the I-10 read blvd exit still has 5-7 of them still on the shelf, but nothing else new though

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up my man. BTW which part of town are you from? I unfortunately reside on the Westbank.

Reaction score
As of 4;00 today there are 4 Utapaun warriors, 3 zett Jukassa, and 4 Bail antilles hanging at the westbank target. for some reason they are on the G.I.Joe aisle and not in their proper place. Just thought I'd share. Good hunting.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I've seen 400th Vaders in a few places: KayBee in Lakeside Mall, and K-Mart in Mandeville. Not much else though.

Reaction score
just thought i'd say hey, i live in mandeville.

i've tried to check walmart when i can early in the mornings and target but i haven't been very lucky. last friday target had a bunch of old figures that haven't been around for a while-such as mace windu, emperor, grievous, darth vaders, etc...and a bunch more neimodians.

walmart in covington is pathetic. the sight of bails, antilles and mon mothmas is something else. and tons of 500th vaders...i did see the sith and clone evolutions there but didn't need them as i had already gotten them.

saw the plo koon fighter finally at target! they have about 5 left and i've only seen pieces of the 12th wave, i guess a lot of guys have gotten lucky and scored those before i got there.

Reaction score
As of today (Sat. May 20), the veterns target has all of the VTSC figures and some of the Coruscant wave if anybody needs it: Foul Modama, Orange Clone Trooper, Firespeeder pilot!!!

Reaction score
Marrero Walmart on the Westbank has the new wave of Unleased. Shock, Han as Stormie and Chewie, except every single shock trooper looks like some jerk put the once over on the card. I can't stand card smashers.
Grow up.

Reaction score
Anyone come across a spare McQuarrie Boba Fett. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Also I came across two full sets of VATC figures at the TRU in Slidell.

Jonathan