North Carolina Store Reports #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I go to Target on Capital blvd, green rd, Walmart on New Bern , New Hope Church and that new one off Capital Blvd. Also morrisville walmart.

Reaction score
TRU in Cary did have the new Jedi Turbo Speeder yesterday, if anybody is interested. Hadn't seen it anywhere yet. There was only 1 that I saw.

Reaction score
I picked up the only Cobra Shock Trooper at Cary Target.

There was a CS Snake Eyes there too so there must have been a wave 3 case in yesterday...

Reaction score
Why does it seem that Cary is getting all the new stuff now and nothing in Raleigh or am I just too slow to get to these stores LOL

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
I picked up the only Cobra Shock Trooper at Cary Target.

There was a CS Snake Eyes there too so there must have been a wave 3 case in yesterday...
It was probably one of the revision cases. I don't think the Wave 3 cases are shipping. It's a bit of a bummer that the Shockies haven't been packed heavier in the revisions.

Reaction score
The sheer number of Wave 3 Dukes was telling with the snake eyes there...

Either way I was stoked to find him!

I will probably get more if I see them but I'm quite happy with what I have joe-wise until those new Cobra Troopers hit the pegs.

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:

I will probably get more if I see them but I'm quite happy with what I have joe-wise until those new Cobra Troopers hit the pegs.
Dukes are in the revision cases too. Storm Shadows would be the best indicators. They aren't in the revisions and they don't sell for [censored].

And I have to ask: how difficult would it have been for Hasbro to give the new Cobra trooper an AK-47 or another real gun? That tiny Dragonuv that has been around since 2007 is awful. The RPG and barbed wire are cool additions, and the figure looks good so I'll try to army build the upcoming trooper.

Reaction score
I have been too two walmart and I seeing less and less Gi Joes does anyone else see this? Do u think it is cause of new movie stuff they will try to shove down our throats this summer ?

Reaction score
Most WMs stopped carrying them.

Zebulon still does.

Cary WM had $5 POC figs a few months back and I scored a few I wanted and returned the others to target to make back a lil loot.

They were nice figs too!

Reaction score
Darthjay34 said:
I have been too two walmart and I seeing less and less Gi Joes does anyone else see this? Do u think it is cause of new movie stuff they will try to shove down our throats this summer ?
Briar Creek WM dropped Joes. They had a good number of them back in February that just disappeared. No shelf space for the figures, but they still had the Alpha vehicles.

Wake Forest WM and the WM by Triangle Town center still have space for Joes. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Reaction score
Yeah I have been to them and Target still has same sorry few . What does Kmart look like on six forks also the one on capital blvd ?

Reaction score
Thought I posted on Wednesday but I guess I timed out. Anyway, WM in Wake Forest had several cases of Wave 6 Cw on the pegs. I got one complete set and left the rest. Now this info was from Wednesday so don't yell at me if they aren't there tomorrow.

Reaction score
Fuquay WM has remnants of TVC waves 4,5,6...

Wife got the only Senate guard and a Weequay.

There were no Stormies!

There's till a Han, Gen Lando and Fi-Ek.

My kid was freaking out so I really couldn't get every detail from her but I imagine there were a few more of each except Senate Guard. (and no stormies)

Reaction score
so i know we've been talking about Joes so I thought I would expand a bit
I found and bought a MU Jean Grey the other day
I really don't collect that line so pm me if you are interested
just cost and shipping I'm not trying to make anything
i just thought i should grab her, but then had some remorse

Reaction score
Gregorious was kind enough to find me a Commander Wolffe, Anakin, and Ahsoka, so I managed to knock a few things off of my hunting list. Still looking for:

- Star Wars -
Jesse + BARC Speeder
General Lando
Dagobah Luke
AT-RT Driver
Clone Trooper phase 1

- GI Joe -
Low Light
Shadow Tracker

- Transformers - (I don't think these are even out yet...)
Rumble
Warpath
Wheeljack
Windcharger (forgot about this one)

Really need a Shadow Tracker to send to one of my friends in the UK. I might even consider trading a Cobra Shock Trooper for him.

Reaction score
Hitting up some of the discount stores Marshall, Ross and Big Lots. Mainly looking for old Joes I need but I may hot big boys looking for Low Light and will report if I see another Shadow Tracker, or Star War CW EL Les

Reaction score
grabbed
3 phase 1 clones
2 senate guards
and an at-rt driver
at the wm on skibo/401 in fayetteville
they had about 3 cases the rest are there except landos

Reaction score
Found TVC wave 6- got Nikto Jedi. The only other fig I wanted was the Weequay but he was not there. The rest of the wave was though. WM Briar CreeK Raleigh.

Reaction score
eweb said:
Found TVC wave 6- got Nikto Jedi. The only other fig I wanted was the Weequay but he was not there. The rest of the wave was though. WM Briar CreeK Raleigh.
i saw this wave twice at WS WM last friday, but didnt' see the Nikto Jedi or the AT-RT driver. Did see the other 4 (I had already received the wave from HTS.com)

Anyway, its been a crazy 2 months for single, carded figures...5 waves total for me...3 vintage waves and 2 CW waves. Don't know if its ever been like during a non movie opening/product launch window or Xmas time time frame. Hopefully the next waves don't show up till May/June so my wallet can take a break.
But Jesse and his Barc do need to show up!!!!!

Reaction score
Anyone from NC going to convention if so I am looking to get a dial tone if anyone can help. Thanks

Reaction score
Found Jesse and Barc speeder at target in Greensboro.

Received Low Light in the mail.

I think that catches me up for awhile. YAY!

Reaction score
I got the Jesse and BARC set as well. It's nice to get something after a long wait.

Reaction score
Finally got a TIE Bomber from tarcanes92! I am really impressed with this ship. The "bomb dropping" mechanics on this are quite clever.

Wonder if Hasbro would ever consider doing a TIE Avenger or a TIE Defender? I am really not a big EU fan, but I am a die-hard nut for the old school X-Wing PC games.

Reaction score
I've had a couple noteworthy PoC and Vintage sightings in the last 48 hours. In the interest of deterring scalpers, PM me what you're looking for and I'll let you know if I saw anything you're after.

Also, I'm pretty confident retail stores here will not see the last few Transformers before Dark of the Moon's line that I want, so if there is anybody that's buying by the case online and looking to unload some extras, please let me know.

Reaction score
I got two POC Shockies at TRU yesterday at xroads if that's one of them...

Only fig I'm really after atm is VC AOTC Phase 1 Trooper.

Only one at that just so I have the mold.

Reaction score
Brier Creek Wal-Mart had the R5D4 Vintage wave - including a few Stormtroopers.

Really, what's up with Target? They've had the same bare-shelved pegwarmers since before Christmas.

These distribution probs are going to kill this Vintage line.

Reaction score
jrnyfan_nc_rr_com said:
Brier Creek Wal-Mart had the R5D4 Vintage wave - including a few Stormtroopers.

Really, what's up with Target? They've had the same bare-shelved pegwarmers since before Christmas.

These distribution probs are going to kill this Vintage line.
I picked up 3 of the troopers (left one), thanks so much for the heads up! I also picked up an R5D4 as i hadn't found one yet in nice condition.

Opened one of the troopers, and i like it alot. Is there a trooper from the recent past that's considered superior to this one? IF so, please let me knwo as i really like this one.

Reaction score
Yeah the VOTC mold...

THe same from the TLC BAD line.

It will be out in Saga Legends later this year.

The only thing the vintage fig has over him is bj hips and they aren't even that well executed.

in my opinion

But... I own four of the new vintage guys for a few extra poses.

Reaction score
snagged the droid gunship left a tri fighter
let me know if you're looking for the tri

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
I got two POC Shockies at TRU yesterday at xroads if that's one of them...

Only fig I'm really after atm is VC AOTC Phase 1 Trooper.

Only one at that just so I have the mold.
I grabbed the one w3 Ultimate Snake Eyes that was left because I felt like a fool for leaving it when I grabbed the shocks.

Reaction score
Gregorious said:
OdinsDad said:

Dukes are in the revision cases too. Storm Shadows would be the best indicators. They aren't in the revisions and they don't sell for [censored].

And I have to ask: how difficult would it have been for Hasbro to give the new Cobra trooper an AK-47 or another real gun? That tiny Dragonuv that has been around since 2007 is awful. The RPG and barbed wire are cool additions, and the figure looks good so I'll try to army build the upcoming trooper.
To be fair the vintage trooper had a dragonov where the vintage officer had an ak back in he day..

at least thins is my non-googling, shoddy memoryied indignance talking...

Status
Not open for further replies.