North Carolina Store Reports #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If you want to get absolutely specific then yes, I saw them in the same place you did, so it was just round the corner of the endcap.

Sorry for not using the absolute best terminology there.

Reaction score
More tvc wave 6 at cary wm.

i got the stormie though.

Looks like somebody wiped out ALL the new CW figs.

I probably won't be posting new findings here anymore.

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
If you want to get absolutely specific then yes, I saw them in the same place you did, so it was just round the corner of the endcap.

Sorry for not using the absolute best terminology there.
Hey, I wasn't trying to be rude; I was genuinely hoping the store was in the middle of a decent-sized reset. They're so disorganized there it wouldn't surprise me at all if they just left random stuff lying around in any empty spot available. I guess they weren't.

And if you guys don't want to post sightings here any more, post what you're after and I'd be happy to PM any relevant findings.

Reaction score
I think OD was just pissed that he bought a Firefly instead of Jungle Viper the other day... buyers remorse can do awful things to people.

Starscream, the Greenville WM had the Transformers endcap set up so hopefully they'll be setting them up in the triangle area soon. According to my parents, still no Clone Wars figs at the Wake Forest WM.

If anyone needs some new Clone Wars or Transformers stuff (if the toys in the endcap are new) shoot me a PM. I can probably get some extra stuff from the Greenville WM.

Reaction score
hoo-wah senor Greg!

FIND ME A DAMN SHOCK TROOPER

(please sir I beg of thee hehe)

LS I just went back for an Ahsoka even though I hated it and all of the new CW figs were gone minus one El-Les.

I was ribbing you a bit.

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
and NO Firefly is way better.
Seriously, get a Jungle Viper. It's a good figure, and Jim is a [censored]. Don't be Jim. Don't be a [censored].

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:

Wave 6, as in Lando General and Weequay?

Reaction score
Has anyone look in the Morrisville Wal-Mart? I was gonna check there this morning for new Clone War stuff

Reaction score
Well alrighty. I'm currently looking for:

- Star Wars -
Jesse + BARC Speeder
Commander Wolffe
General Lando
Dagobah Luke
AT-RT Driver
Clone Trooper phase 1
Anakin Skywalker season 3
Ahsoka Tano season 3

- GI Joe -
Low Light
Shadow Tracker

- Transformers - (I don't think these are even out yet...)
Rumble
Warpath
Wheeljack

If you spot these anywhere, please let me know. Hopefully some of y'all can vouch for me for previous trades and purchases.

Reaction score
Eopie_Herder said:
OdinsDad said:

5 then. the one with gree, utapau etc.. sorry... like you'd drive from wilmington

I'll definitly post when I see w6!

Reaction score
Axelay said:

- Star Wars -
Jesse + BARC Speeder
Commander Wolffe
General Lando
Dagobah Luke
AT-RT Driver
Clone Trooper phase 1
Ahsoka Tano season 3

- GI Joe -
Low Light
Shadow Tracker

Rumble
Warpath
Wheeljack

If you spot these anywhere, please let me know. Hopefully some of y'all can vouch for me for previous trades and purchases.
Hey man, I have an extra carded Cmdr. Wolffe and can probably snag an Anakin and maybe Ashoka for you on my way home tomorrow. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for those Joes. I've had pretty good luck finding LLs and STs, but unfortunately they've gone to other folks.

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
Eopie_Herder said:
OdinsDad said:

5 then. the one with gree, utapau etc.. sorry... like you'd drive from wilmington

I'll definitly post when I see w6!
I've done stupider! But in reality, I've been working in Goldsboro recently and we'd drive a little extra for some Wave 6 goodness! And also, usually a day after someone finds something around the Raleigh area we see it too.

Reaction score
The next two waves of Joes are up for purchase/pre-order on Hasbrotoyshop.com, but unfortunately you have to buy them as sets, so you get two of each.

I went ahead and purchased a set of each, and was hoping someone here would like the doubles. It was free shipping today, and I can split the cost of shipping to you so that we each pay the same for the 12 figures.

Here are the figures:
wave 5: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/gi-joe-wave-5-12-pack?BR=520&ID=28353
2x G.I. JOE BLOWTORCH
2x G.I. JOE GENERAL CLAYTON “HAWK” ABERNATHY
2x G.I. JOE STEEL BRIGADE
2x G.I. JOE COBRA TROOPER
2x G.I. JOE COBRA COMMANDER COBRA Leader
2x G.I. JOE JUNGLE B.A.T. COBRA Android Trooper

wave 6: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/gi-joe-wave-6-12-pack?BR=520&ID=28354
2x G.I. JOE SNAKE EYES
2x G.I. JOE CRAZY LEGS
2x G.I. JOE CROC MASTER COBRA
2x G.I. JOE ROCK VIPER
2x G.I. JOE COBRA VIPER
2x G.I. JOE IRON GRENADIER

The total cost for me was $160.94 (includes tax, 10% off, and free shipping). Your cost is $80.47 plus 1/2 of shipping to you or we can arrange a pick up (I'm in the triad, btw). Cost per figure is $6.71 before shipping, which is just cheaper than store price. So, figure you are getting them for about store cost. And from the looks of it, I think Wal-Mart is no longer carrying GI JOE (they are disappering from around me...no pegs for them....current stock going to the clearance isle/end caps)

Hopefully someone here wants the set.

Thanks

Reaction score
Tarcanes, would you be willing to mail the figures loose so shipping wouldn't be outrageous? I'd be totally game to take the other set off your hands.

Reaction score
Gregorious said:
Tarcanes, would you be willing to mail the figures loose so shipping wouldn't be outrageous? I'd be totally game to take the other set off your hands.
yep...no problems with doing that...

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
hoo-wah senor Greg!

FIND ME A DAMN SHOCK TROOPER

(please sir I beg of thee hehe)

LS I just went back for an Ahsoka even though I hated it and all of the new CW figs were gone minus one El-Les.

I was ribbing you a bit.
1 Shock Trooper is at Knightdale Target as of 2:15pm Friday.
I thought about picking it up, but remembered some folks here realy wanting it. Its all yours,

Reaction score
Gregorious said:
Axelay said:

- Star Wars -
Jesse + BARC Speeder
Commander Wolffe
General Lando
Dagobah Luke
AT-RT Driver
Clone Trooper phase 1
Ahsoka Tano season 3

- GI Joe -
Low Light
Shadow Tracker

Rumble
Warpath
Wheeljack

Hey man, I have an extra carded Cmdr. Wolffe and can probably snag an Anakin and maybe Ashoka for you on my way home tomorrow. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for those Joes. I've had pretty good luck finding LLs and STs, but unfortunately they've gone to other folks.
That'd be awesome. Please let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
Keep in mind I only collect what is now the "Vintage" line...

So aside from one batch of Wave 5 figures about a month ago, neither Glenwood Wal-Marts have had anything new since the Jedi wave before Christmas. I didn't hit the 2 Targets this weekend, but they haven't shown any sign of anything past the Jedi wave.

Out of 4 stores only a couple of boxes of new figures since before CHRISTMAS? And no sign of AOTC wave whatsoever? This is checking a few times a week. Really - if Hasbro wants this line to remotely have a chance to survive, they need to do something about this. I can't believe I'm the only one having these issues. I know I could probably drive to every big box store in the county and maybe find some - or I could order them online. But - I shouldn't have to - this is a friggin popular toy line - they're supposed to be TRYING to get my money - but it sure doesn't feel like it!

Ok, frustration vent over

Reaction score
I picked up a Low-Light off of ebay, so I don't need that anymore.

I have an extra of the following if anyone needs it...
Jedi Turbo Speeder
recent Tie Bomber ($20)
CW Obi-Wan, Hevy, Cad Bane/Todo, R7
AOTC wave (all 9 figures)
Captain Lock

current store prices, tax, shipping all apply. IM if needed.

Reaction score
Are you anywhere near Raleigh? If so, I'd LOVE that TIE Bomber! Please let me know?

Reaction score
OK, how much you reckon shipping would be? (I mean, unless you're planning on making a visit to Raleigh at some point in the near future.
)

Reaction score
Picked up Shadow Tracker and Shock Trooper at Cart TRU. Has anyone looked at that little TRU is Triangle Town Center?

Reaction score
No sorry just two Alley Vipers. I was disappointed didn't see a low light but did get a Kamakura from movie that I had been looking for.

Reaction score
Anybody let me know if they see any low lights also looking for a spirit and brench press I know I am mad late lol

Reaction score
Darthjay34 said:
Has anyone looked at that little TRU is Triangle Town Center?
Not worth the trip. They generally have older, more overstock items like the Y-Wings and Night Ravens. Higher prices too.

Reaction score
DJ, what are the stores that you normally hit? I usually haunt the Wake Forest Target and WM, and occasionally hit the TTC Target and WM. It would be good to network so we don't waste trips to places that don't have anything.

Reaction score
I go to Target on Capital blvd, green rd, Walmart on New Bern , New Hope Church and that new one off Capital Blvd. Also morrisville walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.