North Carolina Store Reports #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, it's been a complete nightmare trying to find the EU wave at TRU, as I expected. Thank you Hasbro & Toys "R" Us for basically screwing up the wave I was looking forward to the most all year.

Reaction score
Dan_Cziraky said:
Well, it's been a complete nightmare trying to find the EU wave at TRU, as I expected. Thank you Hasbro & Toys "R" Us for basically screwing up the wave I was looking forward to the most all year.
Most disappointing hunts ever.

Reaction score
Target on 15-501 has dropped their prices to $4.99 per figure...too bad they haven't had a new freakin' figure in over 2 months or more. They do have some comic packs if anyone is looking. Nothing new at TRU Durham either, they do have an Obi-cold weather and an Anakin cold weather.

Reaction score
COld Obi is at the TRU in Cary as well. I also saw him at the Cary Target. No other figs from that wave though

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the promo sticker on the same old cards make you mad. I know that a Hasbro rep just stuck it on all the peg warmers. It doesn't seem honest to me because you know that none of them are actually going to have the prize in them. Anyway, I just felt like a late night rant.

Reaction score
Nothing at Marshall's or TJMaxx in Cary...

TRU is down to common CW and ESB wave BAD figs, NO EU.

They still ahve several TFU multipacks.

Reaction score
OH MY GOD

I went back to xroads TRU and Found the TAC Hoth Recon battle pack with the wampa, tauntaun and luke and the 2x stap/2x bd 1x sbd battle pack for $24 and used my rewards for b1g1 half off!

WOW!

I have wanted the tauntaun/wampa pack since it came out!

Reaction score
TRU Durham had the TAC battle packs the other day for $12.99 ea. I think they still had one of the Wampa ones left today. I was able to score a set of the EU figs today for my sister. She lives in TN and has not been able to get them there. She told me about the coupon so I went to the store today and a VERY nice clerk went to the stockroom and found a case of figures with the EU in them. Needless to say my sister was very happy this evening when she called to see if I had any luck.

Reaction score
eweb said:
Is it just me or does the promo sticker on the same old cards make you mad. I know that a Hasbro rep just stuck it on all the peg warmers. It doesn't seem honest to me because you know that none of them are actually going to have the prize in them. Anyway, I just felt like a late night rant.
I saw these on some older white and blue legacy figures at Wal-Mart. What a crock! Wonder if Hasbro can be busted for false advertising?

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
Remnants of CW wave 3 in Fuquay.

Wife got snow rex but said obi was there etc...

No magnaguard tho... yet
I've been seeing the same revision cases on various occasions. I saw (and bought) the whole wave back in March, but I've only seen Rex and Obi since then. [censored] case assortments plus stores not getting new figures are helping to make the cartoon figures a chore to collect.

Reaction score
Yeah, I found the Firefighter Droid once, and still haven't seen a MagnaGuard.

Last week, I went into my local ScalperHaven (aka TRU) to see if by some quirk of fate I might find the EU wave. It's no secret I'm handicapped. Well, the Gastonia TRU used to have a wheelchair at the front entrance, over by the shopping carts. I go in, but no wheelchair. I go inside the store proper to ask about the wheelchair, or see if an employee can check on the figures for me. Customer Service Desk is right at the entrance. NOT A SOUL TO BE FOUND. I look over, and every register is empty. I waited three minutes, and never saw a single employee, so I left. I won't be going back.

Reaction score
Cary Walmart (tryon across from old waverly) had TONS of Snow Rex, Snowbie and Snow Anakin but not one damn Firefighter Droid nor one damn Magnaguard.

Damn!

arrrrgh!

Reaction score
Hit all my usual haunts and no CW wave 2 or 3 to be found. Now we get pictures of the Vintage wave due in August on the homepage. AT this rate I do not know if Ill ever find the CW waves. You all know they will just fade away once the new lines come out.

Reaction score
Thanks to the awesome tip from OdinsDad, I managed to get one each of cold weather Obi-Wan and Anakin, cold weather Rex, and Commander Stone. I got the very last Obi-Wan, but there were 2 Rex and 2 Stone left if anyone in the area is still looking. It makes me extremely happy to get 4 figures I want for less than $20. I really appreciate this tip, and will keep my eyes open for Firefighter Droids and Magnaguards.

Reaction score
Started a projext for UNC today. Once I got my guys working, I shot down 15-501 to The Durham TRU. I was there when it opened. Guess what.. no EU figs. I couldn't even find an employee to go look for some in the back. This wave has turned into my UGH.

Reaction score
eweb said:
Started a projext for UNC today. Once I got my guys working, I shot down 15-501 to The Durham TRU. I was there when it opened. Guess what.. no EU figs. I couldn't even find an employee to go look for some in the back. This wave has turned into my UGH.
Haven't posted in some time and had some trouble logging in last time I wanted to post this. I found Jacen and Jaina Solo, and Dark Trooper Phase 1 at that Toys R Us a few weeks back when I was in town. So keep checking. Got 'em during the 4.99 sale.

Reaction score
Just picked up a lone Commander Bly at Wal-Mart at Brier Creek. Also got the only Magnaguard I could find for OdinsDad. No Firefighter Droids, though...

Reaction score
Axelay said:
Just picked up a lone Commander Bly at Wal-Mart at Brier Creek. Also got the only Magnaguard I could find for OdinsDad. No Firefighter Droids, though...
Did a revision case ship that lacked Magnaguards and Firefighter droids? Or are they just popular?

Reaction score
No clue. It's the first time I've seen Bly and the Magnaguard anywhere and I've been routinely looking since March. I was beginning to contemplate eBay for Bly, but the Magnaguard and Firefighter Droid don't hold any interest for me.

Reaction score
I was at the Briarcreek WM yesterday. They had the complete wave of figures. Several of each. I only wanted the Firefighter droid- picked it up and left 2 on the pegs. The WM in Hillsborough also had a complete set of wave 1-2 minus the Hondo. He remians the one fig from the group I want.

Reaction score
tarcanes92 said:
Did a revision case ship that lacked Magnaguards and Firefighter droids?
Yup! Was at the Belmont Abbey Wal*Mart and saw an unopened case on the pallette. Grabbed it and opened it, and sure enough, Cold Gear Obi-Wan and Bly was in it, but no FF Droids or MagnaGuards. SUX!!!

Reaction score
Stopped by the Durham TRU today. A store Assoc/ was in the area so I asked if there was any "new" figs in the back. She did a barcode search from the lone Chewie on the pegs from the EU wave. No more boxes in the back. In fact, she stated I was not the first to ask and she thought thatwhat they had prev gotten might be all they were getting. She was very nice about it and didn't seem to mind my asking at all.

Reaction score
I have only found one firefighter droid and that was at WM in Fuquay. I would love to find the EU wave, but the only TRU I ever get to is fayetteville/cary and I can't even begin to describe how crappy both are seeming lately. The Cary TRU is always disappointing, but man!

That also seems terribly dishonest about those stickers. They should be ashamed.

Reaction score
STICKER SHOCK. If you go to the WM in Fuquay Varina, there is a new Promo sticker on a Yarna figure covering up the first day of issue sticker. Talk about a shame. Hasro, that is low, low, low.

Reaction score
You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help. I'll keep looking for Firefighter Droids unless I see that you got one.

Reaction score
Wake Forest Super Target had a few "new" figures, such as the Cold Weather Obi-Wan and Commander Stone. If you need some figures in the current revision case (I also saw Matchstick, CW Anakin, and CW Rex) it might be worth a trip to your local Target.

Reaction score
TFU multipacks are at the Greensboro TRU as of Wed night.

Also saw them at the Concord TRU Sat. night on the way back from Heroes Con.

Reaction score
Whats up with Traget? I went to 2 diff. ones today. Both had no basic figs on the pegs. Is there a restock coming up?

Reaction score
Same thing with the Target in Durham for the last two days...no figures on the pegs. TRU in Durham has nothing new in the way of figures and are scanning at full price now, but they do have plenty of TFU packs and also some more speeder bikes and staps in stock.

Reaction score
TRU in Durham is done with the EU wave; see my post from 06/01. I also checked today and they ststed they will not get anymore cases. I guess Ill have to go to the secondary market for the figs I wanted from that wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.