Noghri Warrior & Ralrra HTTE Comic Pack

Reaction score
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra Comic Pack (HTTE #3?)

its a shame hasbro can't pack this set, the 2 originally planned 2010 wv1 sets and the next 5 new/delayed sets into a case when they get released in March. W/0 any repacks, that ratio should potentially sell thru pretty well at retail.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

MichaelJa said:
I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.
If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.

Reaction score

Much as i like HTTE and Loved the Noghri, I wouldnt have bought this set if they'd been like the comic appearances. They were these big hulking things in the comics...and in the books they were described as being mistaken for Jawas. If we got book versions, Id buy. But comic versions...no.

Reaction score

GNT said:
MichaelJa said:
I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.
If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.
I like this idea. With the comic packs fading, it would be a great way to get all of the canceled figures out there.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
GNT said:
MichaelJa said:
I like this idea. With the comic packs fading, it would be a great way to get all of the canceled figures out there.
How about a Battle Pack with Ralrra and THREE Noghri Warriors? Problem solved. Prepare for army building...

Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about a Battle Pack with Ralrra and THREE Noghri Warriors? Problem solved. Prepare for army building...

[/QUOTE]

I think we'd be more likely to see something like the EE exclusive Joker Squad if the went that route, but then we could possibly get an HTTE Leia and Chewie,as well as Ralrra, Salporin, and Khabarakh the Noghri liason? C-3PO would probably round out the 6-pack if they did this. Actually, I kinda like this idea.

Reaction score

Was this set cancelled?

I can't keep track of the status of the missing comic-packs.

As for the subject- They're not my first choice for TTT charactors (We still need C'Boath and Pelleon!)...but kudos to hasbro for making a new Wookie and a Noghri. Now, are we actually going to get these or what?

Reaction score

Yeah, this one appears to be one of the packs that was cancelled, unfortunately. I was looking forward to having a Noghri...

Reaction score

*Groans and looks at his avatar* Needless to say...I wouldn't of minded a Noghri as well, or possibly several

Reaction score

is this set supposed to be one of this years exclusives, or did it get canned altogether?

Reaction score

Shame we wont be seeing this one. Id have preferred this one to the Mando set. Still, maybe we'll see them down the track.

Reaction score

This set appears to be already tooled, so we will likely see it eventually - Hasbro hates wasting money on tooling, so they will probably find a way to get this set out, even if it means tossing them into the basic line in a few years.

Reaction score

I just hope they announce the fate of this one at SDCC!

Reaction score

So, what is the fate of the Comic Packs? I heard they were all cancelled but now they are coming out as online Exclusives. Can we expect to see more comic packs released this way or just the ones that have been shown? I would love to get a Zayne figure from KOTOR.

Reaction score

Dirge music, please (Not Durge music. Important distinction).

The following was posted by SirSteve's Guide member JabbaJohnL following Celebration V:
"As far as the Ralrra and Noghri comic pack that we saw an image of a long time ago, they said it was sculpted but never tooled, and the tooling would be so expensive that they'd have to charge around $25 per set so it's never going to happen. But he said to support the Entertainment Earth comic packs if we want to see any more."

Link: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=43060

Reaction score

Hirogen said:
So, what is the fate of the Comic Packs? I heard they were all cancelled but now they are coming out as online Exclusives. Can we expect to see more comic packs released this way or just the ones that have been shown? I would love to get a Zayne figure from KOTOR.
Don't worry, I'm starting a Zayne Carrick Vintage figure campaign in the Dear Hasbro thread.

Reaction score

RhyYees said:
Dirge music, please (Not Durge music. Important distinction).

The following was posted by SirSteve's Guide member JabbaJohnL following Celebration V:
"As far as the Ralrra and Noghri comic pack that we saw an image of a long time ago, they said it was sculpted but never tooled, and the tooling would be so expensive that they'd have to charge around $25 per set so it's never going to happen. But he said to support the Entertainment Earth comic packs if we want to see any more."

Link: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=43060
i seriously hope that the comic packs do well at EE and Hasbro sees that fans really want them...I think EE might be a good choice to continue the series or make them exclusive to HTS as well. just keep making great figures and using great stories and the series will sell...

(also I would love to see them finish up the Marvel series of the movie adaptations as well....we still need 2 more sets for SW, 5 for Empire, 4 for Jedi, and AOTC and TPM have 0 at the moment and I think ROTS still needs 2 more as well)

Reaction score

From the Q&A it sounded like they had lots more planned beyond the current ones at EE, so I do hope they do well as I'd like a new Dash Rendar with Leebo, in addition to others!

Reaction score

If the comic pack line does indeed end after the EE exclusives, I'd still like to see a Noghri released at some point, I dont care much about the wookie, but I think the Noghri species deserves at least 1 figure.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
If the comic pack line does indeed end after the EE exclusives, I'd still like to see a Noghri released at some point, I dont care much about the wookie, but I think the Noghri species deserves at least 1 figure.
Strongly agree. If they'd make a single-pack Noghri without comic colors somewhere down the road, I'd say it worked out for the best.

Reaction score

Obi_Wan_Kaboozie said:
darth_sidious said:
Strongly agree. If they'd make a single-pack Noghri without comic colors somewhere down the road, I'd say it worked out for the best.
No doubt about it I would Noghri as well maybe even more depending on how it's released!!

Reaction score

by thier comment on the "cost" of tooling this set, they are hinting at an exclusive release in the future. If EE set does well, and tooling costs for this one is higher than normal, than a leia and clone head on the deena/ luke stealth set could work as another set frrom "rebellion" for a leia and able set. plus place a zizor head on a b-wing pilot body and pack w/ another b-wing body w/ new/retooled human head and thers is a daggar squad set to further balance wave cost w/Norghri/Ralrra set. 0h and speaking of reuising luke/deena stealth bodies, those 2 could almost be re-used for luke/leia from from "splinter of the minds eye" w/ a little repainting and votc leia head swap. What an inexpensive wave but yet interesting use of retools. IMHO, "splinter..." ought to have an EU pair because that kinda initiated the EU phemomena (not counting marvel, but i guess marvel was really the first EU) b4 Thrawn came along

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Ralrra was the Senator during the New Republic. My bad.

Okay, Ralrra is the ambassador from Kashyyyk.

Reaction score
Yes, it was cancelled. It was originally supposed to be in the same wave as the Camie/Fixer pack, but as that was made into an SDCC exclusive, this was cast aside. Hopefully, Hasbro revives it, both for Ralrra (as I'm looking to start a side-collection of Wookiees) and the Noghri (for I love Noghri).

Reaction score
I was disappointed when this was canceled. I would have picked up a few of them. It's actually one of the few comic packs I was interested in.

Reaction score
No Noghri :(

I can't believe how many figures from Clone Wars or Rebels or other materials have been missed opportunities for figures. I realize the EU stuff didn't have a massive following, but it's still Star Wars... and the EU figures always sold well IMO... I never saw comic packs sit around on pegs.

Reaction score
I wish decent pictures of the prototypes would at least leak... But that would probably make the cancellation even more heartbreaking.

Reaction score
Yes, its a low blow. Hasbro really should release these.