Noghri Warrior & Ralrra HTTE Comic Pack

Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
6,880
Reaction score
31
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra Comic Pack (HTTE #3?)

its a shame hasbro can't pack this set, the 2 originally planned 2010 wv1 sets and the next 5 new/delayed sets into a case when they get released in March. W/0 any repacks, that ratio should potentially sell thru pretty well at retail.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

MichaelJa said:
I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.
If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
307
Reaction score
4
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Much as i like HTTE and Loved the Noghri, I wouldnt have bought this set if they'd been like the comic appearances. They were these big hulking things in the comics...and in the books they were described as being mistaken for Jawas. If we got book versions, Id buy. But comic versions...no.
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
14,376
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, New York
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

GNT said:
MichaelJa said:
I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.
If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.
I like this idea. With the comic packs fading, it would be a great way to get all of the canceled figures out there.
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

AnthonyP said:
GNT said:
MichaelJa said:
I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.
If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.
I like this idea. With the comic packs fading, it would be a great way to get all of the canceled figures out there.
How about a Battle Pack with Ralrra and THREE Noghri Warriors? Problem solved. Prepare for army building...
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,034
Reaction score
0
Location
Vineland, NJ
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

If not a battle pack maybe Hasbro could release an EU wave in 2011 to get all the EU figures out to the fans.

[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. With the comic packs fading, it would be a great way to get all of the canceled figures out there.

[/QUOTE]

How about a Battle Pack with Ralrra and THREE Noghri Warriors? Problem solved. Prepare for army building...

[/QUOTE]

I think we'd be more likely to see something like the EE exclusive Joker Squad if the went that route, but then we could possibly get an HTTE Leia and Chewie,as well as Ralrra, Salporin, and Khabarakh the Noghri liason? C-3PO would probably round out the 6-pack if they did this. Actually, I kinda like this idea.
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Was this set cancelled?

I can't keep track of the status of the missing comic-packs.

As for the subject- They're not my first choice for TTT charactors (We still need C'Boath and Pelleon!)...but kudos to hasbro for making a new Wookie and a Noghri. Now, are we actually going to get these or what?
 
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
11,283
Reaction score
8
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Yeah, this one appears to be one of the packs that was cancelled, unfortunately. I was looking forward to having a Noghri...
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
790
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

*Groans and looks at his avatar* Needless to say...I wouldn't of minded a Noghri as well, or possibly several
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
931
Reaction score
0
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

is this set supposed to be one of this years exclusives, or did it get canned altogether?
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
307
Reaction score
4
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Shame we wont be seeing this one. Id have preferred this one to the Mando set. Still, maybe we'll see them down the track.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,068
Reaction score
79
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

This set appears to be already tooled, so we will likely see it eventually - Hasbro hates wasting money on tooling, so they will probably find a way to get this set out, even if it means tossing them into the basic line in a few years.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,792
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

I just hope they announce the fate of this one at SDCC!
 
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

So, what is the fate of the Comic Packs? I heard they were all cancelled but now they are coming out as online Exclusives. Can we expect to see more comic packs released this way or just the ones that have been shown? I would love to get a Zayne figure from KOTOR.
 
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Dirge music, please (Not Durge music. Important distinction).

The following was posted by SirSteve's Guide member JabbaJohnL following Celebration V:
"As far as the Ralrra and Noghri comic pack that we saw an image of a long time ago, they said it was sculpted but never tooled, and the tooling would be so expensive that they'd have to charge around $25 per set so it's never going to happen. But he said to support the Entertainment Earth comic packs if we want to see any more."

Link: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=43060
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
8,032
Reaction score
0
Location
Maelstrom Prison
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Hirogen said:
So, what is the fate of the Comic Packs? I heard they were all cancelled but now they are coming out as online Exclusives. Can we expect to see more comic packs released this way or just the ones that have been shown? I would love to get a Zayne figure from KOTOR.
Don't worry, I'm starting a Zayne Carrick Vintage figure campaign in the Dear Hasbro thread.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

RhyYees said:
Dirge music, please (Not Durge music. Important distinction).

The following was posted by SirSteve's Guide member JabbaJohnL following Celebration V:
"As far as the Ralrra and Noghri comic pack that we saw an image of a long time ago, they said it was sculpted but never tooled, and the tooling would be so expensive that they'd have to charge around $25 per set so it's never going to happen. But he said to support the Entertainment Earth comic packs if we want to see any more."

Link: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=43060
i seriously hope that the comic packs do well at EE and Hasbro sees that fans really want them...I think EE might be a good choice to continue the series or make them exclusive to HTS as well. just keep making great figures and using great stories and the series will sell...

(also I would love to see them finish up the Marvel series of the movie adaptations as well....we still need 2 more sets for SW, 5 for Empire, 4 for Jedi, and AOTC and TPM have 0 at the moment and I think ROTS still needs 2 more as well)
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,792
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

From the Q&A it sounded like they had lots more planned beyond the current ones at EE, so I do hope they do well as I'd like a new Dash Rendar with Leebo, in addition to others!
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,068
Reaction score
79
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

If the comic pack line does indeed end after the EE exclusives, I'd still like to see a Noghri released at some point, I dont care much about the wookie, but I think the Noghri species deserves at least 1 figure.
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
806
Reaction score
2
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

darth_sidious said:
If the comic pack line does indeed end after the EE exclusives, I'd still like to see a Noghri released at some point, I dont care much about the wookie, but I think the Noghri species deserves at least 1 figure.
Strongly agree. If they'd make a single-pack Noghri without comic colors somewhere down the road, I'd say it worked out for the best.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,792
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

Obi_Wan_Kaboozie said:
darth_sidious said:
If the comic pack line does indeed end after the EE exclusives, I'd still like to see a Noghri released at some point, I dont care much about the wookie, but I think the Noghri species deserves at least 1 figure.
Strongly agree. If they'd make a single-pack Noghri without comic colors somewhere down the road, I'd say it worked out for the best.
No doubt about it I would Noghri as well maybe even more depending on how it's released!!
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
6,880
Reaction score
31
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra - Comic Pack

by thier comment on the "cost" of tooling this set, they are hinting at an exclusive release in the future. If EE set does well, and tooling costs for this one is higher than normal, than a leia and clone head on the deena/ luke stealth set could work as another set frrom "rebellion" for a leia and able set. plus place a zizor head on a b-wing pilot body and pack w/ another b-wing body w/ new/retooled human head and thers is a daggar squad set to further balance wave cost w/Norghri/Ralrra set. 0h and speaking of reuising luke/deena stealth bodies, those 2 could almost be re-used for luke/leia from from "splinter of the minds eye" w/ a little repainting and votc leia head swap. What an inexpensive wave but yet interesting use of retools. IMHO, "splinter..." ought to have an EU pair because that kinda initiated the EU phemomena (not counting marvel, but i guess marvel was really the first EU) b4 Thrawn came along
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
8,032
Reaction score
0
Location
Maelstrom Prison
I was under the impression that Ralrra was the Senator during the New Republic. My bad.

Okay, Ralrra is the ambassador from Kashyyyk.
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
8,032
Reaction score
0
Location
Maelstrom Prison
Yes, it was cancelled. It was originally supposed to be in the same wave as the Camie/Fixer pack, but as that was made into an SDCC exclusive, this was cast aside. Hopefully, Hasbro revives it, both for Ralrra (as I'm looking to start a side-collection of Wookiees) and the Noghri (for I love Noghri).
 
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
0
Location
Yakima, WA
I was disappointed when this was canceled. I would have picked up a few of them. It's actually one of the few comic packs I was interested in.
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
36
Location
SC
No Noghri :(

I can't believe how many figures from Clone Wars or Rebels or other materials have been missed opportunities for figures. I realize the EU stuff didn't have a massive following, but it's still Star Wars... and the EU figures always sold well IMO... I never saw comic packs sit around on pegs.
 
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
11,283
Reaction score
8
I wish decent pictures of the prototypes would at least leak... But that would probably make the cancellation even more heartbreaking.
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
1
Yes, its a low blow. Hasbro really should release these.
 
Top