Noghri Warrior & Ralrra HTTE Comic Pack

Reaction score
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra Comic Pack (HTTE #3?)

Ok I was wrong on the Wookiees being primitive, like I said I always thought that was a bit odd seeing Chewbacca was excellent with technology, but it still doesnt alter the fact that Lucas said no to more Jedi Wookiees.

Reaction score

This is an exciting surprise! Hope to see more good ones like this. The Camie and Fixer is a good one too.

Reaction score

So happy to see that GH confirmed this wave!

I wonder how much the Wookie Jedi thing might be based on input from writers who tired after a time of writing script for those that could not speak basic or lacked a translater droid.

Reaction score

Wow, this pack looks awesome. Since the noghri is actually near the right size, I'll get a few of these. I hope it's well articulated.

Reaction score

Looks pretty good, I find it interesting it looks like it's re-using a comic they already issued in the line. Maybe it's a mistake, but if it's not maybe they'll use comics they already released and chose a different set of characters.

Reaction score

I was never a fan of the concept of the Noghri and how Zahn saddled every EU author that came after with his baggage (the Nogrhi going everywhere with Han and Leia and being little deus ex machinas or just cannon fodder), and am burned out on Wookiees after ROTS. So I'll probably skip.

Reaction score

They had better use #3...

I'm excited about this one. Did anyone really see it coming?? There was maybe a week of rumor milling and then we get a photo? Crazy.

Reaction score

So cool they are making a Noghri,always wanted one since I first read about them.

Reaction score

I'm REALLY excited about this set! Always loved HttE and the Noghri, so I'll be scooping up a couple of these! Additional wookies (I liked Rhallra) and a small squad of Noghri death commandos...I LOVE IT!

Reaction score

To help add some variety to my Wookiee ranks I had planned to custom myself a Ralrra so it's nice to know I no longer have to bother. I just hope Hasbro does more than simply repaint a Chewbacca and slap a bright red soft goods vest on him. If that's all they do, I'll be passing.

The Noghri is immaterial to me and I'd likely be trading him off if I got one anyways. I don't hold out much hope for him looking any good anyhow - I have seldom seen Noghri illustrated to look particulary good so why would the plastic version be any different? While I don't dislike the species, they've just never grabbed me as all that interesting and, like I said, their designs are generally pretty underwhelming to me.

Reaction score

Nice to see this set, and I'll be buying with a smile on my face. My only complaint is that this is the 3rd pack from Heir to the Empire, and we still dont have Palleon or C'Boath. Really Hasbro, are you serious? Wake up and give them to us.

Hey Reverand if you do find yourself trying to get rid of the Noghri, I'm your man.

Reaction score

Jedipostmaster said:
Hey Reverand if you do find yourself trying to get rid of the Noghri, I'm your man.
Still a few "ifs" before I'm sure I'll be getting the set at all, but I'll certainly bear that in mind JPM.
Thanks.

Reaction score

You know what I'm afraid of? That I'll put this Noghri figure next to my Thrawn and they'll be the same height.

Reaction score

Totally forgot about this, I'm leaning towards passing....not a Wookiee fan and the Noghri just doesn't justify 12.99 IMO. Now, if they had packed with a Gilad Pellaeon, I'd be all over this. Would have allowed to not re-use a comic also....

Reaction score

I just wish we'd see better photos of this wave. I'm looking forward to getting a Noghri figure - I just hope it is a good figure.

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
I just wish we'd see better photos of this wave. I'm looking forward to getting a Noghri figure - I just hope it is a good figure.
I agree we need to see some better pictures,stoked about getting him though.

Reaction score

I'm so excited about this pack. I think it's going to be in the same class as the Amanin/Sunber pack!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
I'm so excited about this pack. I think it's going to be in the same class as the Amanin/Sunber pack!
That's a bold statement but I think you might be right.Hell I think most of the comic pack's this year are damn cool.

Reaction score

I am looking forward to getting this pack, and as you have said the comic packs with a few exceptions have been stella.

Reaction score

Ugh! Enlarged pics of this and the other two comic packs need to show up already.

Reaction score

Hey, do we know if this has suffered the same fate as the Camie and Fixer comic pack? I still hope both make it out - even as exclusives.

Reaction score

The CP with the Kashyyyk Troopers, which is shown on the small picture, was presented to the public during the last Comic Con. However, two new CPs (which were never mentioned before) also appeared at the same time... I just hope the older ones didn't get replaced by those crappy new CPs.

Dom

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
M_Kunst said:
Ugh! Enlarged pics of this and the other two comic packs need to show up already.
Definitely! We need bigger pictures!
Jesus months later and still no pics. Im putting this in the Q&[censored]

Reaction score

Aren't Noghri supposed to look vaguely like Vader's mask? It's been about 20 years since I've read HTTE, but I thought the idea was that Vader based his mask on their features somewhat.

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
Aren't Noghri supposed to look vaguely like Vader's mask? It's been about 20 years since I've read HTTE, but I thought the idea was that Vader based his mask on their features somewhat.
I doubt it. Vader discovered the Noghris after a space battle with the Rebellion (which was formed years after Vader got his armor).
Moreover, it was Palpatine who choose the appearance of Vader's armor. Remember Episode III, Vader was almost unconscious at that time.

Reaction score

Galactic_Emperor said:
Imrahil2001 said:
I doubt it. Vader discovered the Noghris after a space battle with the Rebellion (which was formed years after Vader got his armor).
Moreover, it was Palpatine who choose the appearance of Vader's armor. Remember Episode III, Vader was almost unconscious at that time.
Yes, but HTTE was written in 1991, so Episode 3 doesn't count.

And there are -repeated- references in the book to Leia finding the Noghri "familiar-looking" and then we get the story...so I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be Vader-esque.

Reaction score

Well, that was the idea at the time. I remember reading that Zahn wanted to call the Noghri "sith," and their worship of Vader and his Noghri-inspired mask would explain his (at the time unexplained) title as Dark Lord of the Sith.

Lucas nixed the idea of calling them Sith, so the name was changed. Like I said, that was the idea; whether it's really considered canonical is open to debate. Lucas tends to ignore the EU most of the time (and for the most part, I can't really blame him). I'm not sure what the official Lucasfilm continuity gurus have to say about it.

Reaction score

NotMertz said:
Hey, do we know if this has suffered the same fate as the Camie and Fixer comic pack? I still hope both make it out - even as exclusives.
I hope so too, but I'll bet they're both going to join the legendary list of proposed or prototyped but ultimately unmade items. I'd have gladly purchased both

Reaction score

GreenLight said:
NotMertz said:
I hope so too, but I'll bet they're both going to join the legendary list of proposed or prototyped but ultimately unmade items. I'd have gladly purchased both
Agreed. I really wanted this and the Camie/Fixer pack.

Reaction score

Memnoch21 said:
GreenLight said:
NotMertz said:
Agreed. I really wanted this and the Camie/Fixer pack.
I talked to the Hasbro guys at ComiCon 09. I asked about these packs, and was told that the images leaked, were/are in planning, but were not even scheduled for showing until well after ComicCon. There was even a hint of uncertainty as to whether they would all emerge (the Camie/Fixer pack being the biggest question mark). Here's hoping.

Reaction score

MichaelJa said:
Ok I was wrong on the Wookiees being primitive, like I said I always thought that was a bit odd seeing Chewbacca was excellent with technology, but it still doesnt alter the fact that Lucas said no to more Jedi Wookiees.
As I understand it, one of the Wookie Jedi (Tyvokka) is banned from being a figure by GL because he used a yellow lightsaber, which is a no-no. Who knows? Maybe this "insult" prejudiced GL against Wookie Jedi once and for all...

Reaction score

I can wait until 2011 for these if I must. It would be great to have a Noghri or two with the rest of my Thrawn-era figures.

Reaction score

DarthLandrat said:
MichaelJa said:
As I understand it, one of the Wookie Jedi (Tyvokka) is banned from being a figure by GL because he used a yellow lightsaber, which is a no-no. Who knows? Maybe this "insult" prejudiced GL against Wookie Jedi once and for all...
Actually, last I heard GL said Wookiees couldn't be Jedi, so Tyvokka is banned because it's not his vision. Which hoenstly, I think is stupid. I mean don't get me wrong, it's Lucas' franchise, so he can do what he wants, but how many of us as kids put a lightsaber in Chewie's hands and said he was some other cool Jedi to help Luke. Besides, with all those Infinities EU stories that have made the Comic Pack line, why could they put it in, and say soemthing like "Tyvokka blah blah blah, and was thought to be a Jedi, however reports may have been confused" or something that would say "Use him as a Jedi" , but would support GL and Lucasfilm.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
With the Comic Packs fading, I'm still hoping we still see this pack released.
Well if this one doesn't see the light of day, at least the Noghri would fit in with NJO era Leia Battle Pack! Ralrra is a Wookiee so he might sell based on that fact somewhere else.

Reaction score

I definitely want a Noghri and Ralrra I hope they do a battlepack or something to get these out there.