Noghri Warrior & Ralrra HTTE Comic Pack

Reaction score
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra HTTE Comic Pack (Rumor

I dont know who Ralrra is off the top of my head. But the Noghri may turn out cool, and since it is from Heir to the Empire, I will probably get it.

Reaction score

I think Ralrra was a wookie.
I really really hope that they don't use the original comic art for the Noghri. I'd probably pass on that.

Reaction score

Looking forward to this if it's true.

A little on Ralrra:
"Ralrracheen had a speech impediment which made him easier for non-Wookiees to understand, a useful trait when dealing with others in his diplomatic work. Later, he became a slave to the Empire, and was used by his Imperial masters to communicate with other Wookiees. At first, he tried to resist Imperial occupation forces but forced himself to comply after they executed a dozen women and children from his family unit. His proximity to Imperial officers provided him with information vital to the Alliance's effort to free Kashyyyk. Like most Wookiees, after the Alliance freed Kashyyyk, he felt he owed a life debt to the Alliance for its efforts.

When Chewbacca brought Princess Leia Organa Solo to Kashyyyk to keep her safe from Grand Admiral Thrawn's Noghri Death Commandos, Ralrra was one of two Wookiees assigned to protect her. Years later, Ralrra was present at Chewbacca's funeral.

Ralrra was also the only Wookiee ever known to speak Basic."

Reaction score
Re: Noghri Warrior & Ralrra Comic Pack (HTTE #3?)

If the comic pack is the form in which we're going to get the Noghri, I'd bet dollars to donuts (eh!) that we're going to get the two-metre, muscle-bound creatures depicted within. It makes sense - keep in mind that's also how we got Talon Karrde, Mara Jade, and Thrawn, even though they weren't exactly accurate to Zahn's description.

But... Noghri. That's a plus, right? Definitely an impetus for me to seek out this set. Ralrra's just another Wookiee, as far as I'm concerned, but I can use Wookiees.

Reaction score

Yes ... unfortunately, the Noghri will most likely be WAY too big. Oh well. A Noghri and a Wookiee in the same set? I'm in.

Reaction score

Were they? I could have sworn they were short in the Heir to the Empire comic that came with Luke and Mara Jade. Personally, I liked the ones in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy. (They're on the level with the giant tower built alongside a waterfall)

Reaction score

Ralrra, really???
I can see them making a Noghri warrior but Ralrra? What were they thinking?

Reaction score

Krayt said:
Ralrra, really???
I can see them making a Noghri warrior but Ralrra? What were they thinking?
That it would be a cheap repaint of Chewie? One all new figure, one repaint. Although I would have thought any number of Leia figures could have gone in there instead.

Reaction score

The reason they most probably chose Ralrra other than the obvious reason (its going to be a cheap repaint of a Wookiee figure be it Chewie or one the others out) was that he more less was important throughout the Post Rotj era, and the other reason he's the only Wookiee who could speak basic easily.

I hope they do justice to both of these figures if the rumor is true that we are getting them.

Reaction score

Im just gonna assume the Noghri in Rukh and that Ralrra doesnt exist.

How bout we get Jorus instead Hasbro?

Reaction score

I'll set a calendar item for arguments over proper Noghri height and depiction, with accompanying spat over Dark Horse vs. Bantam, which will lead to renewal of donnybrook over EU vs. films.

(Oh, and will probably get this pack.)

Reaction score

Noghri could turn out quite cool, but I'd like to see a Joruus C'Baoth figure, don't know who this Ralrra character is tbh. But then again, if people want these and have been asking for them, it's cool.

Reaction score

I'd like to see this set. Noghri are awesome, and wookiees are great too. Hopefully, the noghri will actually be sized appropriately for the book, but I wouldn't mind a giant too much.

Reaction score

Count me in for this one! I'm not really sure what Noghri is right and which ones aren't, but I'll buy it nontheless. Hopefully the wookiee will be somewhat new. Not just a repaint of Chewbacca.

Reaction score

I would love a C'Boath figure, but they will most probably do a kit bash and release Luke or even Luuke with this character.

Reaction score

I could care less about Ralrra, but the Noghri makes the set a purchase.

Reaction score

A Noghri (Rukh most likely) would be splendid! I LOVE their HTTE comic look, not so much the Jedi Academy game look.

Ralrra has potential, too. He would have to have a new head and torso, because he wears a vest with a sword slung on his back. Dark gray-blue wookiee hair would be a given...

Reaction score

Mmmmmmmm noghri. I may pick this one up, depending on how it comes out.

Reaction score

Well I've wanted a Noghri almost as long as I've wanted a Bothan, and you can always use more Wookiee figures so I'm in!

Reaction score

Yes I love that they are coming out with a Noghri & I hope they make more of them, but I'm looking forward to Ralrra also maybe they WILL make a different sculpt for him seeing as he looks & dresses differently from Chewie.And shame on all of you for saying that your not excited about a wookiee. If they do this one right then maybe we'll get Lowie - a wookiee with a damned lightsaber.

GNT

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Don't know anything about them.
I'm in the same boat, never heard of them before so I doubt I'm going to spend $30+ to get them. Maybe pictures of the figures will change my mind.

Reaction score

I'm hoping that the figure ends up looking like this ... regadless of whether it looked like that in the comic:

Reaction score

I hope the rumor pans out - and in '09 rather than 2010. Height issues for the Noghri aside, it'd be great to add to the HTTE lineup of figures. At least one pack a year as has been the pattern and I can accept that.

Now to figure out an easy Joruus C. kit-bash (I wish Hasbro would solve that issue for me).

Reaction score

Bobert509 said:
Yes I love that they are coming out with a Noghri & I hope they make more of them, but I'm looking forward to Ralrra also maybe they WILL make a different sculpt for him seeing as he looks & dresses differently from Chewie.And shame on all of you for saying that your not excited about a wookiee. If they do this one right then maybe we'll get Lowie - a wookiee with a damned lightsaber.
Bobert, basically right from Lucas himself is that we are not getting Jedi Wookiee figures. I forget the reasoning behind it, but don't count on seeing either of them anytime soon.

Reaction score

Krayt what I heard was no more Wookiee Jedi's, however you have to remember Lowbacca is the exception with one other, who for the life of me I cant remember the name of, so we may get Lowie (if thats the short form for Lowbacca).

The reason we wont be seeing any new Wookiee Jedi's is the fact that they are to primitive and havent developed enough yet (thats the short form).

Reaction score

If they do make a Noghri, I really do hope that they follow this concept.

: )

Reaction score

MichaelJa said:
The reason we wont be seeing any new Wookiee Jedi's is the fact that they are to primitive and havent developed enough yet (thats the short form).
Wookiees are not "primitive". They are very advanced and technologically sound. Even if they weren't, the Force wouldn't care.

Reaction score

Neal said:
MichaelJa said:
Wookiees are not "primitive". They are very advanced and technologically sound. Even if they weren't, the Force wouldn't care.
I agree if the Felucians are force sensitive then Wookiee's can be too!
I know GL doesn't want anymore Jedi Wookiee characters but that doesn't mean they can't at least give us just two Jedi Wookiee figures, Tyvokka and Lowbacca!

Reaction score

Neal said:
MichaelJa said:
I dont make the rules, I am just saying what Lucas has said Neal, I agree with you that I always thought Wookiees were Advanced but according to Lucas they arent.

Masterfett apparently reading the new Q&A Roundups someone asks more or less this question and was told Tyvokka, Holiday Special and another one was off limits completely.

However there was no mention on Lowbacca, so there may still be a chance to see a Wookiee Jedi.

Reaction score

Courtesy of Galactic Hunter. The Noghri is small, and it does look like a different Wookiee sculpt. I have no idea why they both look like they're holding lightsabers, which is hilarious given the current conversation in this thread.

Reaction score

Well I can't tell much based on that pic but I can't wait to get a Noghri of any sort. Out of all the EU, that's one of the better ideas I'd say.

Reaction score

I'm not sure what they looked like in Heir to the Empire, but that one does look exactly (well, as exact as you can get with that picture) like the ones from Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy.

Reaction score

I'll take Leia-height Noghri over Wookiee-height Noghri any day.

Reaction score

okay, so the Noghri might be almost to the short scale they should be. I had hoped so. Sure, they might not be quite as short as I'd prefer based on their original descriptions BUT it doesn't look like they'll be human sized either so this is good.

Reaction score

MichaelJa said:
I dont make the rules, I am just saying what Lucas has said Neal, I agree with you that I always thought Wookiees were Advanced but according to Lucas they arent.
I'd like to see where Lucas says that Wookiees are primitive. Please link the quote, if you can.
The only time I ever recall him speaking about the topic was way back when he decided to go with Ewoks in ROTJ instead of Wookiees, which was his original intent. He specifically didn't use the Wookiees because they were technologically advanced and he needed a primitive race to face the Empire.

Reaction score

Neal's right. ROTS also PROVES Wookiees aren't "primitive". They've got flying machines, all sorts of blasters... they've just got a different aesthetic from other cultures in the galaxy. If Lucas ever did say anything about Wookiee Jedi--Lucas himself--it was probably to salvage what little he felt he could regarding his old idea of Wookiees being the ones to overthrow the Empire. Although it's ridiculous to ignore the ones that already exist (and it's not like there's tons... most random Jedi still tend to be human, though Fate of the Jedi and LEGACY are pretty good with showing plenty of non-humans in the Order)

Re: the figures, Ralrra seems skinny so he could be a partial reuse of VOTC Chewie limbs maybe. He might be holding a sword. The Noghri's probably holding a stokhli spray stick

Reaction score

I'm not sure if he's said Wookiees specifically. I think it was just linked together by the "You can't use Tyvooka(or whatever)" plus a quote by Randy Stradley about Tsui Choi:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The "Tusken Raider" Jedi (Sharad Hett, I believe), and his Jedi son (A'Sharad Hett) turned out to actually be humans who had adopted the culture of Tuskens and lived with them.

There are a number of species, apparently, who either lack the ability to use the Force, or who lack the subtlety of thought necessary for Jedi training. Back when I was writing the Jedi Council series, I'd wanted to have a Jedi character of the same species as pod racer Dud Bolt (I can't remember the name of the species off-hand), but I was told that they're not smart enough to be Jedi. (So, I settled on whatever species Ratts Tyrell is. And that's how Jedi Master Tsui Choi was born.) anyway, the Tuskens, I've been told, aren't smart enough to use the Force. Neither are the Ewoks (sorry, Matt).

[/QUOTE]

The specific reference to Wookiees was simply "No more", according to that thread. So it might not be an evolution thing, just something Lucas didn't like about it.