No new Hot Toys?

Reaction score
I thought this celebration thing would reveal new Hot Toys items? Is this only a Hasbro thing?

Reaction score
We don't know yet. Yesterday was kind of a warming lap. Most of the reveals will take place today. Crossing fingers.

Reaction score
OK, Thanks! I am hoping for the Baze to finally be made but I will welcome anything new.

Reaction score
Well. There's been contradictory reports. First rumors a couple days ago of Sideshow not attending, then attending, then not attending now. Confusing...

Reaction score
Very disappointing that nothing new was revealed. Maybe these celebrations aren't so great anymore?

Reaction score
It's a real head scratcher that Sideshow didn't attend celebration. Too few prototypes and recently released products to display from their own company and Hot Toys being fully focused on Avengers might be an explanation.

Still, it doesn't feel like this Celebration is really bringing the level of excitement we got in the last couple ones. Teaser for TROS was good but panel felt bland. Galaxy's Edge, though very promising didn't bring much more to the table that we already knew. Jedi Fallen Order, though very promising and reminiscent to 1313 remains a video game and not necessarily has the power to fire up emotions like a new motion picture does. Rebels panel did miss the mark on nostalgia with two prominent cast members missing. Overall, the whole event is lacking a central figure to orchestrate everything and give it consistence. There's no real top tier character from the franchise around for the whole event to bind all the panels together.

Up to now, the only real highlight was the Mandalorian panel and even there, they weren't able to reveal much and also limited their most important teaser to the people actually attending Celebration blocking streaming for the whole 3 minutes it lasted. Hopefully , Clone Wars panel will have some more excitement to bring tonight.

Reaction score
Clone Wars and The Mandolorian panels were by far my favorite, we didn't learn much about TM but the passion Favreau and Filoni was showing was evident and definitely peaked my interest in the show. Thank goodness those clips leaked online lol.

Even if HT and SS weren't at Celebration, you'd think they'd take this opportunity to show new possible products on their websites, but nothing. Sideshow is unfortunately a shell of what they used to be, their LS Yoda shows they can put great product out too.

Reaction score
Seems really dead right now with no new announcements from Hot Toys or sideshow. Not that I have any extra money but it is strange that they aren't even dropping a surprise figure on us.

Reaction score
We might get a reveal to celebrate may 4th but everyone's focus is on Avengers: End Game right now.

Reaction score
I’m guessing the Death Star Squad dude will be announced very soon.

What makes you think that? We've been waiting on that one forever, along with the Power Droid and half a dozen other reveals in the last 2 years. I don't think anything will change with them anytime soon unfortunately. :(

Reaction score
I would really like to see the Death Star Trooper to be finally released, but I have no high hopes for him, neither for most of the other reveals shown by HT long ago :(

Reaction score
This line seems to be dead for now. They have had chances to reveal new items but just don't. Not sure what they are waiting for.

Reaction score
Well I guess we won't be seeing anything from Sideshow or Hot Toys today either. With them being a no show at Celebration last month, some of us were hoping we might get something today (May the 4th). Guess not :(

SDCC better have some nice new reveals. Or preferrably the preorders finally for Hot Toys Endor Leia, Power Droid, and the Death Star Trooper, as well as Sideshow's Skiff Guard Lando.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sideshow 1/6 Star Wars Licence looks to be dead in the water with no new announcement for nearly a year and only one prototype revealed (Lando). Hot Toys haven't been really keen to celebrate Star Wars milestones and it's especially true with Star Wars day. I gotta say i didn't hold my breath for a reveal. Hopefully though, i really wish we'll get a couple more OT/PT announcements before they start revealing TROS prototypes.

Reaction score
Bespin Han is my bet on the next revealed figure. It would be very strange to not release him after Leia was made available.

Reaction score
I read somewhere on FB that Hasbro and SSC has not been able to continue the licence for one reason or another. I really cant see that being true. Disney probably just doubled the fees and they are in negotiations. Hopefully aggressive ones with light sabers.... sorry I'm ashamed that I kind of quoted ummm what was that AOTC? Which ever lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Interesting. The license goes through 2020, but with the lead time HT has, they won't have much time left in their release schedule. I wonder if they'll run some repeats at the end, if the license doesn't get renewed.

On the other hand, HT was a sublicense from Hasbro, so maybe they'll cut a deal with Disney on their own.

Reaction score
If these prices go up any more then I am out. I have trouble now paying for this stuff.

Reaction score
So if that's true with Sideshow, I guess we'll never see that Skiff Guard Lando from them. :(

Reaction score
You also have to remember that WE is dead right now. None of it is selling. HT ARTfx Bandai and retro figures are the only exceptions. No new games. No movie to back it....TLJ killed that. Solo was a mix. It's not a top priority. Marvel is all the rage. I don't think I the new film will help anything. It will create a bump but who knows after that.

Aa toy company would think twice about getting the SW license. It cost a lot and now no real backing from fans.

Reaction score
So if that's true with Sideshow, I guess we'll never see that Skiff Guard Lando from them. :(
I'd assume anything they've shown so far still has a chance of seeing the light of day. I would assume if the license doesn't get renewed, they'd need to have some lead time to wrap up their offerings. We might see a huge push of stuff for the later part of 2020 then.
I

Reaction score
Once again I'm going to ask for others opinions. Is the Star wars line dead when it comes to 12-inch collectibles as well as premium format size items? There has been nothing for way too long. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Hot Toys is probably already prepping new 1/6 scale to tie in with Episode IX. My educated guess would be Rey in her new outfit or that rocket trooper.

Reaction score
Once again I'm going to ask for others opinions. Is the Star wars line dead when it comes to 12-inch collectibles as well as premium format size items? There has been nothing for way too long. What do you guys think?
I don't think it's dead. With Disney announcing more SW films, I would think some company would make 12" figures. It's possibly they are waiting for SDCC to reveal anything new. If they don't reveal much or very little, then we might be looking at the end, but they still have until 2020, so if for some reason HT isn't going to make SW anymore, I think we'll see them push out just about anything they have developed to recoup the R&D they put into those figures. We might even see a number of repacks as well.
I

Reaction score
All the focus was on Endgame, HT knew it could be the last hooray for Marvel for sometime and the fact that some of the most popular characters wouldn't be around anymore. This has happened before, but with TROS coming out, SDCC just around the corner; it's a matter of time. I too wish they would release some of the teases from earlier. Also Disney streaming services starting this year...loads of new stuff they probably just can't show yet.

Reaction score
Beating the dead horse here..... we're still waiting for the teased and long overdue preorders for Endor Leia, Bespin Han, Power Droid, Death Star Trooper, Poe Dameron, AOTC C-3PO, ANH/TFA C-3PO, Baze, etc. etc.

But no, forget those. Let's get yet another Rey first for the next new movie, despite her new outfit looking nearly identical to her TFA outfit! I bet we'll get another Kylo Ren figure too for the new film, looking almost the same as his TFA and TLJ versions, but with a mended helmet this time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought OT figures tend to far outsell the ST figures, so it's amazing we're still waiting for ones such as Endor Leia and Bespin Han to be listed for preorder. Regardless of the focus being on Marvel lately, you'd think HT would still keep the preorder ball rolling to maintain hype and interest from 1/6 scale Star Wars collectors, especially since listing a preorder right now doesn't mean the figure has to be due out next week. :(

In my opinion they wasted the year and a half gap between Solo and TROS to get more non-ST figures out. It's going to be quite telling to see what is revealed at SDCC, and I personally will be annoyed if at least one of the previously teased figures I listed above isn't finally offered for preorder soon after, in favor of just teasing another half dozen new figures instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't collect figures so I don't know much about those. I would think if SSC did give it up HT could just keep making them would be a lot more customers with no SSC, but HT may have already given it up. Statues is what I collect I think SSC may give those up. DV PF was a year ago and not one tease or hint of any new PF. Was so great 5-10-15 years ago we had 4 SSC PFs a year, 4 dios a year, Mythos, MR, Attakus 1/5, GG, was awesome. Now we EFX they stink, no Mythos statues, no dioramas, no Attakus 1/5s, GG makes a statues here and there few PFs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beating the dead horse here..... we're still waiting for the teased and long overdue preorders for Endor Leia, Bespin Han, Power Droid, Death Star Trooper, Poe Dameron, AOTC C-3PO, ANH/TFA C-3PO, Baze, etc. etc.

But no, forget those. Let's get yet another Rey first for the next new movie, despite her new outfit looking nearly identical to her TFA outfit! I bet we'll get another Kylo Ren figure too for the new film, looking almost the same as his TFA and TLJ versions, but with a mended helmet this time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought OT figures tend to far outsell the ST figures, so it's amazing we're still waiting for ones such as Endor Leia and Bespin Han to be listed for preorder.
I know for sure the TFA FO troopers are still available here, but anything OT (and that includes RO) has long ince sold out. If you don't pre-order, there's a good chance you won't get anything.

I will be intersting to see what they decide to offer next. I'd really like that Endor Leia, so I hope they do as little as possible from TROS (0 figures from TROS would be fine by me, but I don't see that happening).

Reaction score
I think there will be a big push for EP IX. With one or two OT/PT figs thrown in. Other than that..wait till 2020

Reaction score
The last Star Wars pre-order, either SSC or HT, was the Qui-Gon Jinn. It's been MONTHS since we've seen anything new. Not sure what to make of it.

Reaction score
[see] Sith Trooper announcement thread. Ahem. New movie = new announcements.

Reaction score
although a long wait, I'm sure HT was waiting for endgame and spider-man to die down, the announcements will start flowing again. With that said I'd still like to see them release some of the older announcements

Reaction score
I used to get excited for the new Sideshow/Hot Toys 1:6 reveals at SDCC, but it’s not even close to what it used to be. Most of the reveals never make it to production, creating a lot of false hope for us collectors.

I know this topic has been discussed at nauseam, but it continues to be the elephant in the room!

Make what you show us!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
New Solo Darth Maul announced...it may not be on your radar to buy...but yes, HT is still making SW 1/6 figs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The small store where I buy most of my SW stuff contacted me yesterday to say that the Hot Toys Snowtrooper is up for pre-order. The guy said this is the first snowtrooper from HT, the others were from SSC. Did HT show this snowtrooper at some convention, but not put it up to order (in Europe at least)? I keep thinking they showed a snowtrooper, but maybe I'm confusing it with the SSC ones.

Reaction score
The small store where I buy most of my SW stuff contacted me yesterday to say that the Hot Toys Snowtrooper is up for pre-order. The guy said this is the first snowtrooper from HT, the others were from SSC. Did HT show this snowtrooper at some convention, but not put it up to order (in Europe at least)? I keep thinking they showed a snowtrooper, but maybe I'm confusing it with the SSC ones.
Hot Toys has already released a Snowtrooper:

[h=1]Snowtrooper - Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys[/h]
There was even a set (2-pack) released that came with accessories from Battlefront:

[h=1]Snowtroopers - Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys[/h]