No Grade (NG) question for AFA

Reaction score
When CIB gets back in action, would AFA create a custom case, authenticated, NG-rated loose case for a DT Ben or Vader without the inner filament? I know CGA will grade partial DT, but I am more interested in preservation, then the grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Totally digging the screen name. As far as your question. I was waiting for a more seasoned vet to respond, but I will attempt with my limited knowledge.
I believe they will case it for you for a fee, but you will get no authentication with that understanding.
I am sure you are aware that CIB " Collector Investment Brokarage" is currently not accepting any submissions which has hindered a lot of submissions.
The answere to your question is NO, AFA will not authenticate a piece of this stature. It is highly unlikely. Even though it is just a outter filament, it is still a piece that needs authenticating, so till CIB is back up and running it is highly unlikely.
It sucks for you as does for others waiting for it to open up and start accepting submissions again.
It is really hurting the hobby a bit as well as we can see from the recent sales of AFA graded Jawa vinyl capes. Just driving prices up as no one can get the authenticated at this time.
There are some people very fond of these pieces on this board that could help you authenticate it. Just because it doesn't have an AFA lane doesn't men it isn't real.
Maybe try to post in another section and ask for some help. There are some people on this site who's world is comparable to gold when it comes to these items.
If it is money you seek go to AFA if not just ask the boards in the DT thread here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t910155/
Hope this helps

Reaction score
Yes, Jojobinks, I was asking relative to when CIB is active again.

Reaction score
Update: AFA will not grade without an inner filament, not do a no grade rating. I can pay to have a custom case made.