NJ comic/toy/hobby shops

Reaction score
hey fellow NJ collectors/fans, i was wondering if anyone knows of any good comic/toy shops in the central jersey area, a lot of my old shops i used to go to have closed or moved, and i'm looking for new ones. the only one i know of is jay and silent bobs secret stash in red bank, there was one at the freehold mall, which is now gone and there was one out by the seaview square mall which is now gone...along with many others...all gone. so please let me know of any good shops in the central jersey area, especially if they sell loose figures
thanks!

Reaction score
there is a comic book store in milltown, which is near new brunswick, but they no longer sell figures, it is just comics. it is on main street, but like i said, if you are looking for figures, they dont have em anymore

i was there last year and they have cleared out all of their figures. as far as i knew that was the last of the stores in central jersey. i grew up in wanamassa, nj which was not even 10 minutes from the store in the seaview square mall.

i dont even know of any in pa, close to jersey (like philly)

for me i just sit and check ebay and here all teh time and hope something comes up that i want and nobody else wants it, which doesnt typically happen.

Reaction score
lumat said:
there is a comic book store in milltown, which is near new brunswick, but they no longer sell figures, it is just comics. it is on main street, but like i said, if you are looking for figures, they dont have em anymore

i was there last year and they have cleared out all of their figures. as far as i knew that was the last of the stores in central jersey. i grew up in wanamassa, nj which was not even 10 minutes from the store in the seaview square mall.

i dont even know of any in pa, close to jersey (like philly)

for me i just sit and check ebay and here all teh time and hope something comes up that i want and nobody else wants it, which doesnt typically happen.
Yeah I used to go there too! Now all they have is some ROTS figures. It really sucks because I used to be able to find everything there!

They sell some Sfigs at Toymasters in Red Bank and next store at Hobby Masters there are a lot of good hobbie supplies.

Reaction score
There is a new one in Bayville that has some great stuff.

Reaction score
toymasters never has any good SW figs, well at least i haven't gotten anything good there in years, i always find the better stuff at secret stash.
yeah ebay has been my main source of acquiring star wars figures and collectables. but i used to love going to the loose figure case at the comic shop and picking up some cheap loose SW figs, either ones i needed or for customs.
anyone know of any malls or any where thats having a toy/comic/collectable show?? i used to be able to find some loose figures and hard to find MOC figs at those collectable shows at malls and what not. sometimes flea markets are good too...oh well. if anyone hears of anything please let me know! thanks!

Reaction score
There's an awesome store in Bayonne which has A LOT of comics, a couple figures, flyers for upcoming conventions, and even a few busts.

Reaction score
okay so turns out that comics plus which was in ocean by the seaview square mall, closed, but reopened down the road across the street from BJ's and McDonalds!!! i stopped in last week and they still have an excellent selection of comics, toys, etc. they still have the lose figures for sale too! i'll be making a stop there once a week now that i know they are still around!

Reaction score
for those of you who shop at the monmouth mall...suncoast video has had a specail sale on all toys and collectables that are priced .88 ....this includes some star wars figures, simpsons, DC, marvel, busts, etc. so star wars figs that are labeled $7.88 are half off. pretty sweet deal...i picked up a bunch of rebel honor gaurds, Walter from the Big Lebowsi, King Leonidas Bust was only $2 and change!, lots of good finds and good buys!

Reaction score
Check out Zapp! comics in Freehold. They have a location there, and up in North Jersey in Wayne. I've never been to the Freehold store, but the Wayne store has some very cool stock!

Reaction score
Yeah Zapp is a really cool store. The figures are really cheap too!

Reaction score
you live by Red Bank? Thats where I live. I do my shopping on ebay most of the time.

Reaction score
yep...lately i've been doing all my shopping on ebay as well. lots of good stuff, good prices, can't go wrong

Reaction score
Damn right. I don't know why lots of people say Ebay is expensive. If you add everything thing up you save more money than buying something in the store.

Reaction score
Zigga304 said:
Zapp used to be in the freehold mall....where are they now??
Zapp moved and reopened a little while ago. They are in a strip mall in Manalapan. I'm not sure the name of the mall but it's on the South side of route 9 and has a Food Town and Rite Aid.