Nintendo News

Reaction score
Speaking of Zelda, if anyone is looking for the Best Buy exclusive Majora's Mask amiibo, they just got more in stock. Looks to be store pickup only, but my buddy who just got the game a month or so ago (only for the Wii U, neither of us can swing the funds for a Switch) has been trying to find this one & lo and behold, it showed up online last night with all the other new product. So we'll be picking his figure up this afternoon.

Reaction score
anyone tried the mario game. i really love it. i got it friday night and have played it so many hours already. i am trying to find all of the coins/moons before leaving

Reaction score
in rayman legends for the switch, do you have to use your finger or anything to draw on the screen. i have it for the wii u i think, maybe the 3ds and you have to use the pointer a lot. i like to just play games with teh buttons and the thumb stick. i dont want to have to stop to draw on the screen?

anyone know

Reaction score
What a joke. Don't even know why I attempt to get the classic hardware. Target out of stock on 2 seconds.

Reaction score
my local walmart says it has 23 in stock. however, i am stuck at work until 4 so there is probably no chance of me getting one.

Reaction score
my local walmart says it has 23 in stock. however, i am stuck at work until 4 so there is probably no chance of me getting one.
i was unable to get one. a worker at the walmart that said had 23 in stock said people were buying 2 and 3 at a time.

Reaction score
I was up in TN in the Franklin/Coolsprings area and went to one Target nothing then I went to another and they had 10 well 9 after I got one for a buddy of mine.

Reaction score
I finished the main story of mario oddesy. It really was terrific. Im going to keep playing though. I didnt complete the moons and coins

Reaction score
i read online walmart.com was going to have the nintendo at 2pm today. i signed in, had my CC info saved. I was clicking on teh load until it showed up. i hit add to cart, hit the next button 2 times, gone. sold out. Less than 10 seconds.

what did they have 3 for sale? im so annoyed at this

Reaction score
i read online walmart.com was going to have the nintendo at 2pm today. i signed in, had my CC info saved. I was clicking on teh load until it showed up. i hit add to cart, hit the next button 2 times. sold out. Less than 10 seconds.

what did they have 3 for sale? im so annoyed at this
Yeah, me too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i got the rayman legends for the switch on sale for black friday. it is one of the best games on the switch behind the zelda and mario games. i love it.

Reaction score
holy cow. holy cow i just got the snes classic from walmart. the guy at the store said they got it in yesterday but the case was misplaced from yesterday into most of the day today. it was because of this misplacement of the case i was able to get it. there was only 2 on the shelf when i got mine, leaving 1 left.

Reaction score
Question: Does the NES come with all the games pre-loaded, or do you have to buy them digitally? I'd only be interested if i could get certain games for it.

As for the Switch, what's the general consensus? been thinking about it just for the new Metroid game! lol
Haven't played since Gamecube.

Reaction score
Question: Does the NES come with all the games pre-loaded, or do you have to buy them digitally? I'd only be interested if i could get certain games for it.

As for the Switch, what's the general consensus? been thinking about it just for the new Metroid game! lol

both the SNES and NES classic comes with the games preloaded. you can not buy more later. i dont remember the count of games, but you cant pick and choose

for the switch, to me it is the best system available. i play it every day. i have the other systems and they collect dust. in fact i gave my mother the xb1 so her grandkids have something to play with when they visit. that is how little i play it. my ps4 is only used for blu-ray, netflix and nhl.tv now. i havent turned it on to play a game in forever

Last edited:
Reaction score

I absolutely love the switch. I've played an inappropriate number of hours of Zelda. Apart from the obvious though (everyone loves Breath of the Wild) I really like being able to take console level games on the go. Even something as simple as collecting a few moons in Mario before I go to sleep without having to have a super loud TV bothering my wife is great. I also think there is a chance that these cartridges are the future of gaming over blu-rays. They can hold just as much, they're infinitely more durable, and no need for a disc reader then.

Reaction score
Does the Switch require a lengthy download to set it up initially?
I'm wondering if I shouldn't open it up and get it ready for Xmas morning.

Reaction score
I don't really remember how long it took, but I want to say it was well under an hour, and I have crappy internet. If I were you, I'd go ahead and get it ready, so you're not trying to do it at the same time as everyone else.

Reaction score
If anyone missed out on the SNES check your Targets. I was at one and saw a bunch of them. Maybe 6 of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a Switch for me and my kids back at Christmas. They got Splatoon 2 and love it. I only picked up Mario Kart 8, which is unusual for me because I always get every 1st party Nintendo game. I'll get Zelda and Mario for sure but I just wish I had the time to play like I did in the past.

Reaction score
Picked up a Switch for me and my kids back at Christmas. They got Splatoon 2 and love it. I only picked up Mario Kart 8, which is unusual for me because I always get every 1st party Nintendo game. I'll get Zelda and Mario for sure but I just wish I had the time to play like I did in the past.
the zelda owned my life for like 3 or 4 months. I got the 2 expansions but never played them. the mario was great, but then once i beat it, i didnt bother wanting to go back to be a moon collector. Both of the games are excellent.

The donkey kong came out which is a wii u port. i have the wii u version, so i am holding off on buying it until it goes on sale. the captain toad port comes out next month. that was my all time favorite game on the wii u. its a puzzle game, so much fun. The new one is supposed to have new levels. i was hoping for a captain toad 2, but i will be glad to play the original over again

Reaction score
the zelda owned my life for like 3 or 4 months. I got the 2 expansions but never played them. the mario was great, but then once i beat it, i didnt bother wanting to go back to be a moon collector. Both of the games are excellent.

The donkey kong came out which is a wii u port. i have the wii u version, so i am holding off on buying it until it goes on sale. the captain toad port comes out next month. that was my all time favorite game on the wii u. its a puzzle game, so much fun. The new one is supposed to have new levels. i was hoping for a captain toad 2, but i will be glad to play the original over again
I did have DK on the Wii U but didn't put much time into it. I bought Captain Toad but never opened it and ended up selling it with my Wii U.

The game I'm most excited about is Metroid Prime 4. Hoping for some news around E3 this year. I know there was a kick starter for a squeal (or spiritual squeal) for Eternal Darkness for the Wii U and PC, I know it's a pipe dream for me but I'd like to see that get made.

Will pick up the new Mario Tennis. And if Nintendo, you are reading this, we need another Advance Wars game.

Reaction score
i read online that fortnite came to the switch today. both my nephews play it. i have no idea what its like, but i am downloading it now. its a free download

Reaction score
It’s an arcadey battle royale free for all 3rd person shooter basically. Try playing in a duo or squad.
i tried fornite last night and didnt like it. i dont like pvp games because i dont have good enough reflexes, speed and my eyesight isnt good. i prefer slow paced games or games with a single player story so i can take things at a pace i can control/handle.

Reaction score
i think i am going to pass this time. i got the SNES last christmas, and i used it like 3 times. the fun times in my head as a kid did not translate into fun as an adult
Haha me too. I have the NES Classic and the SNES Classic. Sounded more fun in my head than it actually ended up being. But I'm sure I'll get suckered into buying the N64 Classic when it comes out.

Tap'd from my 7+

Reaction score
captain toad for switch is out today. its my favorite game possibly of all time