Nintendo News

Reaction score
Yes good news indeed. I am hoping the NES re-release will include an extra controller or longer cords, at an extra $10 or so. Whatever the case I will be grabbing a second to keep sealed. I know it sounds silly but I just love the look of it in the packaging.

Reaction score
Nice if anyone runs into one Id def need the help on the NES classic. I'll be on Vacation when the SNES goes on sale so hope I can snag one!

Reaction score
Saw some shipment info over on another forum

One Walmart store shows they will be getting 35 units on launch

Regarding TRU "

[HR][/HR]

Toys R Us appears to be expecting 30 to 90 units on release day, depending on location. 28,000 units divided by 564 locations in the US gives us the 49-50 average per store.

Reaction score
Glad to see there will be more units for the SNES. My preorder is still in with Walmart. I would rather find one in store (thrill of the hunt) but after the dilemma of trying to find the NES, I don't mind.

I'll have to keep a lookout for the NES Classic again. One of my friends really wanted one and was so bummed out with not getting one. One night we went to the closest Walmart and waited there. We kept refreshing Brickseek to see if any new units were on the way. We did this because other Walmarts in the area were getting units the same day. We had no shot of getting one as we were working. I could see the second and third closest Walmarts to me were getting them, so I figured the truck was getting closer. This way, if they did get any shipments we would already be there. Nothing came of it though.

The day it was released I saw his mother waiting in line at Gamestop. Even though my preorder is in for the SNES, I was actually going to try to wait in line to get a second SNES. Then I would try to do a trade for the NES and give it to my friend. With the re-release, it seems easier (and safer).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even thought I have my preorder at GS, I'm hoping to find one at retail too. If I do, then I'll return the GS bundle, since that same me some money. :)

Reaction score
Yeah they must've just changed that. Last night it was showing me actual numbers in my area. Lowest numbers were 12 and the most were 30

Reaction score
Target Brickseek still shows 0 quantity for any stores near me so far. It doesn't have the "check back prior to launch" message (yet) if anyone was curious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw one of the SNES classics in the case yesterday at a local Walmart. Asked if I could buy hoping some sort of system goof would let the sale go through. It didn't. Girl calls the manager and he says where did you get this? I pointed to the case. I was hoping he'd let me out it on layaway and pick up on Friday and said they have to fill preorders first but he would call me. Needless to say I don't expect a call. Not going to lose sleep over this one. Didn't have one as a kid so it doesn't have the nostalgia factor the NES did.

Reaction score
Alright guys! Who’s ready for the SNES classic Friday?!? I know I am! I’m gettig one dammit! Not going to be disappointed like last year missing out on the NES classic! Anybody chart their action plan yet? I might try WM first at midnight then if I strike out hit Target/TRU! Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
My preorder is still in at Walmart but I'm on the fence about going Friday. I'm off on Fridays so realistically I could get one. It's just getting up early but I like my sleep lol. I just got a funny feeling my preorder is going to get cancelled after the 29th (I SO hope that doesn't happen). I might go, depending on how Gamestop looks. There's a GS about 2 minutes from me. I guess I could get up early, see how it looks. If there's a lot of people then head home.

Reaction score
Checked brickseek and a few of my local Targets had stock of the SNES and each were over 50!! Maybe I’ll attempt WM tonight at midnight and then come home and get some sleep and try Target if I strike out at WM

Reaction score
Target is still showing 0 for me. Walmarts in my area are showing near 30 for most of them.

Reaction score
I'm just going to try Walmart tomorrow, one of them has 40 in stock. I'd like to stay home and watch the Red Sox game - the earliest they can win the division is tonight so I'd like to see that. Plus if I'm out tonight and miss getting one its gonna be tough for me to get up in the morning lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both my preordered ones have shipped! Now to get two at retail so I can return those bundles, LOL!

Most Targets in my area are still not showing inventory.

Reaction score
Hour and a half later there’s now 16 in line. It’s gonna sell out. They said they’d have around 25. People who came up later said there was a couple tents set up at Best Buy. BB isn’t handing out tickets until 7. I advise if you REALLY want it then get to a WM, etc nowish. I’d say for Target maybe about a handful of hrs before. I’ll have mine so one less person clogging up the stores looking for one.

Reaction score
There is a nearby Walmart which has 40 in stock. They close at 10pm EST and reopen tomorrow at 7am. I'd like to get there early, but there shouldn't be a need to camp out overnight? My preorder is still in, it still says processing though. I'd assume after tomorrow that would change. I'm going to check Target's inventory early tomorrow and see if the stock level changes before I go. Target opens at 8am. It seems the Targets have more in stock then the Walmarts.