Ninja Turtles 2012 - 2017

Reaction score
Well I can say that I haven't been excited about this line since I was a child...still and always be a kid a heart. Anyways These new figures are extremely cool! I want to start this thread so we can discuss the new line. If you look closely at the Playset you'll see Shredder, Splinter and I believe April O Neil...enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I already noticed a question about the new Turtles having 3 toes, while I love the new designs some people may find the new classics line more their taste.

Reaction score
These look pretty cool. I have the vintage turtles and a moc movie footclan ninja. That playset looks pretty awesome . Why can't Hasbro make us a death star playset like that?

Reaction score
Who is producing this line? I was always disappointed that NECA didn't get around to releasing their 2nd series of TMNT figures.

Reaction score
I like the look of the Classic ones so I will stick with just them being I grew up watching the 80's cartoon. I hope we get some decent Classic villians also.

Reaction score
Oh, man... Those (both lines actually) look so good...

(chanting) I cannot collect another line. I cannot collect another line. I cannot collect another line...

Reaction score
Wow. I missed out on the NECA figures and now can't find them for a reasonable price anywhere. These guys look really good. I'm more inclined to stick with the classics look and the joints and cuts are very modern. These might almost be able to compete with slightly high-end action figures like NECA, Matty, etc.

Way to go, Playmates. Hope they hit soon...

Reaction score
In the play set shot, they show the 4 turtles, April, Splinter, Shredder, Foot Ninja and a robot on the top fire escape ledge ... who is that?
Looks like Krang in a super-small robot body. You can make out the pink alien with it's little arms.

And with the showing hitting this Fall, I guess the TV show stuff may hit just before then. Here's hoping the Classics line hits in the sumer beforehand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holy crap, I geeked out when I saw those classic Turtles. They look amazing. I was a fanatical about the show as kid (as were most kids back then) and I still love the franchise to this day. Really psyched about the new series. Looking forward to introducing my son to it all.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Krang, Shredder, April, Foot Soldier and Splinter are from the new TV show line not the classics line. Some good stuff coming but a fair amount I'll be passing on.

Reaction score
Yeah, even though I'm excited for the new show I'll be passing on the figures. The Turtles look pretty good but I'm not liking the designs for anyone else.

Those classic Turtles are just awesome. Easily some of my most anticipated figures for this year. The IDW versions look pretty good too but I don't need to own multiple versions. I can retire my Turtles from the '07 CG movie now.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Krang, Shredder, April, Foot Soldier and Splinter are from the new TV show line not the classics line.
They definitely are from the show. The only Classics ones are the four Turtles.

Reaction score
Both Animated figures and TMNT Classics figures looks great!I like style of that new animation.

Reaction score
The IDW versions look pretty good too but I don't need to own multiple versions. I can retire my Turtles from the '07 CG movie now.
It seems a lot of you are confused, but blame cooltoyreview for that as they wrongly list some of the figures as based on the new IDW Comic Book series. They are NOT! The IDW set has yet to be shown. What is shown are 3 different sets, meaning there will be at least a 4th, if not more. The classic set is the easiest to identify. The other two are BOTH based on the upcoming nickelodeon series: one in 6'' and a 10" special fx/sound/storage shell version.

The comic book has kept the turtles bandanas all red, just like the original, so that's the first dead giveaway. You'll know those when you see them.

EVERYONE should be able to tell that two of these sets are very similar in look, and that's the second giveaway that they are both based on the nickelodeon series. Not to mention, both have THREE TOES, something new the turtles have not had before. That's how nick has made them though. See, here's Don in both 6" and 10", there are nearly identical in style:

Moving on however, there is one thing no one has touched upon and that's the detail the ACTUAL figures have compared to what is shown in the first images. Look at the above Donatello, then look at this one:

^ All the detail is GONE! That's a HUGE let down for me as the "prototype" pictures (I assume that's what they are) are WAY MORE detailed than what we're going to get. The paint is all one solid color, much like the TMNT CGI movie figures, WHICH SUCKED. Just look at the loops in each turtle's costume which should bear a metal resemblance, but above it's just the same color as the rest of the belt/plastic. Even the skin tone went from amazing, to basic one color :\

Next, move on to the videos. They clearly show how cheap the ACTUAL figures are compared to the prototypes. Mike was shown with links in his nunchaku, but the vid below clearly shows it's all one solid plasic piece, exactly like the 80's figures were:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/730258/toy-fair-2012-teenage-mutant-ninja-teenage-new-action-figures.jhtml#id=1678323

That's ANOTHER HUGE let down. All the detail in the shells and weapons are gone. All the weapons are one solid plastic color. There is no separation between the blade and the handle on them as the prototypes show. THAT SUCKS! That's something the original 80's figures didn't have, but even the rebooted 2000's show did have:

So they wen't from this:

to this:

How have none of you picked up on that? They look almost nothing alike :(

Hopefully there's a detailed FIFTH version, because those would be the ones I want, not the all one color, plastic rehash.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a good side-by-side view of the 6'' Don. See what they did? That's not right if they don't release those highly detailed ones and give you basic instead :(

Reaction score
It seems a lot of you are confused, but blame cooltoyreview for that as they wrongly list some of the figures as based on the new IDW Comic Book series. They are NOT! The IDW set has yet to be shown. What is shown are 3 different sets, meaning there will be at least a 4th, if not more. The classic set is the easiest to identify. The other two are BOTH based on the upcoming nickelodeon series: one in 6'' and a 10" special fx/sound/storage shell version.

The comic book has kept the turtles bandanas all red, just like the original, so that's the first dead giveaway. You'll know those when you see them.

EVERYONE should be able to tell that two of these sets are very similar in look, and that's the second giveaway that they are both based on the nickelodeon series. Not to mention, both have THREE TOES, something new the turtles have not had before. That's how nick has made them though. See, here's Don in both 6" and 10", there are nearly identical in style:
The new Turtle line is a 4" scale, but the Classic line is 6".

Also, in the new comic they all started off with red bandanas (to symbolize their lost brother Raph), but they just recently go their multi colored ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awww man! Those prototypes look amazing and th final product looks like junk. You just killed all of my excitement for these. (the videos won't load for me, so I was going by the prototype shots). I should've known with playmates...

Reaction score
Dude that bottom photo better not be the end result! Someone totally dropped the ball on this if that is the case. I was so excited and still hope the top version gets released cause I ain't buying them if it's the sub part happy meal paint job version.

Reaction score
impressive, surely a good alternative to the NECA figures that were released a couple of years ago. I'll wait until they release some foot ninjas and Shredder to see if I want to get into this line like I did for the 2002 series figures

Reaction score
But Hasbro does this all the time, as well. Especially it seems with the Transformers - who look really good in promos, but end up no where near as colorful, detailed, etc. This happens alot, as the promo pics are designed to drum-up interest from consumers and retailers alike.

The promo pics look like something NECA would offer and I'd pay $15 each for. The non-promo or final product ones look like something Playmates would offer and I'd pay $10 max for.

Reaction score
The new Turtle line is a 4" scale, but the Classic line is 6".

Also, in the new comic they all started off with red bandanas (to symbolize their lost brother Raph), but they just recently go their multi colored ones.
Yes, I meant 4'' for the Moderns, 6'' for the Classics, and 10'' for the FX/Moderns, but the comic series has yet to send pics or info.

And, I guess you're right, I haven't read issues 5 and 6 yet, but just flipped through and saw they indeed have gone the multi color bandana route. I didn't think they would.
I really like the new comic series by the way and can't wait to see if those figures will be based on Eastman's or Duncan's art.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The classic ones looks really good. The current comic is really great and I'd gladly buy something based off that. I like the fact that the 4" line claims to not use the same body and that they aren't all the same height. When I was little, I wanted the Sewer Playset from the original line (and never got it). If 3-year-old Me saw that new one, I'd have probably said something irrational like "I'll never ask for another toy again!!!"

Reaction score
Those looks like fun toys. Great for kids. Turtles are a bit after my time, although I read the original Eastman-Laird books.

It's funny. You stick around long enough and you start to see the generation behind you get their retro-nostalgia action figure lines. If I'm still around when the Pokemon nostalgia is kicking in, may be time to leave.:\

Reaction score
Thanks autobot!

The Classics figures look better and better. Also, I can't imagine any kid that wouldn't want that Sewer Playset.

Reaction score
Yeah, that playset is epic. Blows away the one for the original line I had as a kid. Glad to see someone is still willing to take a chance on making massive playsets again. My son is just starting to get into TMNT and when I showed him this he got excited for it, so it looks like I have one gift for his Christmas already taken care of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
after watching the Pixel Dan review, I am going to get ahead and get a few of the ones I want, I'll just do a wash and get them back up to the prototype look we originally saw.

Reaction score
Apparently the info saying there would be figures based on the current comic was wrong. That sucks, but I totally have no hesitation in buying the Classic figures at all. I might even pick up some of the cartoon ones because of it, actually.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm sure you 2 will have to battle off kids as well, if it's like the 80's again then you might have a hunt on your hands.