Nien Nunb

Reaction score
Most stuff from TVC is somewhat rare/pricey. The later waves right before the Episode 1 stuff was especially difficult to track down. Different parts of the country skipped different waves. So if your part of the country happened to still have a certain wave, all the waves in between your current wave to the Episode 1 wave were skipped. Episode 1 had a street date they were trying to hit and it messed up what was already poor distribution.

TVC was a cool run of figures but it's perhaps the worst distributed line Hasbro has ever made.

Reaction score
Everyone says the TVC version is the definitive version. Is it really that hard to track down? I've never really thought to look.
Yeah like Maverick says, distribution was terrible for those waves so it will be tough to get now. TVC version is better IMO, but this one looks very similar so unless you definitely have to have the older version, I would say just save the hassle and get this version, they are similar.

Reaction score
I was luke warm on this figure until I saw the photo archive images and for some reason the comparison to the vintage (kenner) sculpt just caught me. *adds to list*

Reaction score
Found Nien up here today and he's quite decent for 5POA. Compared to TVC, the TFA version is a half head taller. Darker face but almost the same red clothes. :)

Reaction score
That Vintage Collection Nien Nunb was the right size. Sullustans are supposed to be short in height in the regular original Expanded Universe. And last time I checked the vintage collection figurese including Nien Nunb they're not "rare" or expensive on amazon. They're pretty cheap last time I checked.

Reaction score
And last time I checked the vintage collection figurese including Nien Nunb they're not "rare" or expensive on amazon. They're pretty cheap last time I checked.
There are five TVC Nien Nunbs on Amazon right now; one is priced at $95 and the others average around $50. It was a different story about a year ago, but then TFA had to go and remind everyone that Star Wars is still a thing.

Reaction score
Well it's your fault for not getting the figure when it was cheap a couple of years back. I bought the vintage collection nien nunb when it was released the first time around when it was cheap at least 12 bucks on amazon.

Reaction score
I was surprised to find Nien Nunb in Walmart. He's actually a pretty nice figure. Look closely, there's a tiny pattern to the material of his vest. Nice touch.

Reaction score
Saw him today at Walmart for the first time...of course it was him which I already have and not the Squad Leader which I'm still hunting for to call it a day with this line. Not too bad for a 5poa figure, I like the paint job on him too... but with that said I still just bought him once and not planning on getting an opener.

Reaction score
Only figure from this wave I have seen. Found him and only him at Walmart. I have to say the case pack he is packed in is the worst I have seen. Jakku Finn and Zuvio. Though the Flame Trooper is not to bad.

Reaction score
Finally found him a couple days ago at WalMart in Salisbury NC. Also found unmasked Kylo Ren.

Reaction score
It's also kind of unforgivable that after 30 plus years, he's still wearing the same outfit. I guess that's what makes him recognize-able? It didn't stop me from buying him the second I found him on pegs though. :grin:

JVM

Reaction score
I had a similar first reaction but it's different in so many subtle ways. I also find it a little odd that over the years, his face has gotten more pink/red. You'd think it'd be getting less pale... kind of like the overly pale paintjob of the TVC version. Excited to pick this one up.

Reaction score
If the Simpsons can wear the same clothes for 27 years then Nien Nunb is allowed to have a similar uniform to what he wore in ROTJ.
And they don't age either lol

I opened this guy up yesterday. For a basic 5 poa figure he's really cool. I love the sculpting.

Reaction score

Nien Numb is a great figure. As with most of the Force Awakens line, it's allure is the strong sense of nostalgia.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk
Holy CRAP! I never realized how much smaller that VC figure really is. He suffers the same fate as the VC C-3PO.

Reaction score
Nien Nunb is 5'2" while Lando is 5'8 according to Wookipedia. While he's shorter than most humans, the TVC is probably shorter than it should be. Still, that TVC figure is the best version.
5'8" is pretty short as well

Reaction score
Holy CRAP! I never realized how much smaller that VC figure really is. He suffers the same fate as the VC C-3PO.
TVC is such a lovely figure that its a real shame that the scale is so badly wrong. Its not just a little​ small, its ridiculously small. It was pretty clear on screen how tall he was.
Its a deal breaker for me, despite the nice sculpt.

Reaction score
Wow - this TFA Nien Numb is a great figure; great alien design/character, and all-around nice homage/connection to ROTJ. Definitely picking this guy up - if I can find it @ retail, that is.

It's also kind of unforgivable that after 30 plus years, he's still wearing the same outfit.
Yeah, hopefully the outfit's been washed sometime in the past 30 years - otherwise, I'm sure NN reeks ;)

Reaction score
Wow - after reading through much of the thread, I realized that this TFA figure is the fourth time Nien Numb has been made as an action figure:

1983 original ROTJ line (IIRC, I think Nien Numb was one of the first mail-away figuresin the line)

1997 POTF line

201X?! TVC line

2016 TFA line

For an obscure alien, this guy has been consistently popular as a figure over the years...

Reaction score
TVC figure may be a tad short, but it's not like it cannot be fixed rather simply. Like using the legs from Farlander.