Nien Nunb

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I noticed in the second viewing of the film that he's very quickly seen in his red/black outfit from ROTJ as he heads for a fighter in TFA.

Reaction score
The only difference would be if he has the helmet on or not. The cockpit shots show him in the same costume as usual, red jumpsuit and black vest. Not sure why he didn't' get to wear a flightsuit like everyone else.
because he is Nien-freakin-Nunb and can wear whatever he pleases. He took down the second Death Star, guy could wear fuzzy ewok pajamas if he felt like it.

Reaction score
The only difference would be if he has the helmet on or not. The cockpit shots show him in the same costume as usual, red jumpsuit and black vest. Not sure why he didn't' get to wear a flightsuit like everyone else.
Removable helmet it is then, with a CLEAR visor please Hasbro!!

Reaction score
I hope it's the Resistance outfit pilot version. If it's just the red/black, TVC version is all I need.

JVM

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. I've never seen a Nunb figure on shelves before - I have some old ones purchased online but it'd still be cool to buy him in store. I look forward to more of him, hopefully.

Reaction score
I suspect that this version is going to be a considerable disappointment from the TVC version we got a couple of years ago. That was a fantastic figure!

Reaction score
I've only ever owned one Nien Nunb figure: the vintage Kenner one. So I can't see this one being too disappointing for me. There's not much room to mess it up for me. The TVC version is amazing, but I just never picked it up.

Reaction score

He deserves more than 5 points of articulation and definitely doesn't deserve a banana visor. That shot in TFA of him strutting out of the hangar, helmet under arm, grabbing whatever it was on that shelf, before turning and marching purposefully towards his X Wing was a definite fist-pumping moment. eff yes Nien, eff yes.

Reaction score
I suspect that this version is going to be a considerable disappointment from the TVC version we got a couple of years ago. That was a fantastic figure!
The undersized midget one?

Ugh….

Reaction score
SA of this guy would be great with a nice helmet and a little better height.

Reaction score
Your Visual Dictionary must be a misprint, it won't be faithful to the action figure.

Reaction score
TBH, if they want to repack the TVC figure with a new TFA helmet. I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Providing that I can even find it, that is...

Reaction score
Banana visor notwithstanding, if Hasbro is going to make even a halfhearted attempt at screen accuracy, the figure needs to have a all new sculpt. The costume, while similar, differs quite a bit in subtle details. But knowing Hasbro, they'll slap a helmet with a banana visor on the POTF2 figure :p

Reaction score

He deserves more than 5 points of articulation and definitely doesn't deserve a banana visor. That shot in TFA of him strutting out of the hangar, helmet under arm, grabbing whatever it was on that shelf, before turning and marching purposefully towards his X Wing was a definite fist-pumping moment. eff yes Nien, eff yes.
So the language on their helmets is "Abednedish". Other than just not being Aurebesh (which Asty also has on his helmet), does anyone know why it's featured so prominently? Resistance code or something?

Reaction score
So the language on their helmets is "Abednedish". Other than just not being Aurebesh (which Asty also has on his helmet), does anyone know why it's featured so prominently? Resistance code or something?
I have to guess JJ putting his own spin on the universe, since Abnedo's were probably the most featured of the new species, if I recall we saw at least 5 of them (maybe 6 if we count Clone-Asty from the end of the film). Not sure if its an actual attempt to introduce another language or just something for added visuals.

Reaction score
Since the last Nien I got was the B-Wing pilot uniform that may or may not have supposed to have been Ten Numb, and I was out of the game when the TVC Nien was released, I'll be grabbing this one.

Reaction score
Not complaining at all, but it almost looks identical to the original Kenner vintage figure. Looks good. Embodies everything I love about the modern TFA 5POA figures: they feel vintage.

Reaction score
Yep, I am so down for this one! Always liked Nien since I first saw him in the mail away promotions for ROTJ, this looks like a good successor to the vintage version and a great addition to my steadily growing Resistance forces.

Reaction score
Hasbro had me at the card art. They could repack Jar Jar at this point so long as the terrific artist doing the cards remains onboard.

Reaction score
Love the Kenner vibe of this guy!

However ff he had a removable helmet I would I have been down for one but since i have the superior Vintage version I will pass on this. No need to have near identical figures on my collection.

Reaction score
I dig the vintage Kenner look, but considering he only has that tiny blaster, they should pack a helmet with him too.

Reaction score
Not complaining at all, but it almost looks identical to the original Kenner vintage figure. Looks good. Embodies everything I love about the modern TFA 5POA figures: they feel vintage.

Wish they had the vintage price tag so we'd feel like we were paying the price these things deserve.