Nien Nunb

GNT

Reaction score

Who's interested in buying a TFA Nien Nunb figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely yes! As long as it doesn't have that awful yellow visor.

Reaction score
Also, GNT. you missplet "Numb" in the title. :)
....erm....you misspelled misspelt. Lol. (Actually they're both correct)

....strange you used the British spelling as opposed to the US version I quoted....

but it is NUNB.....not Numb........I know....right?.??

Darren

Reaction score
....erm....you misspelled misspelt. Lol. (Actually they're both correct)....strange you used the British spelling as opposed to the US version I quoted....but it is NUNB.....not Numb........I know....right?.??Darren
It's poetic irony, you know? It all has to rhyme. It's like poetry.

Reaction score
I just realized I've been misspelling his name since the '80s. And I've probably been mispronouncing his name for that long too! I've always pronounced it "Nine Num".

Reaction score
Considering he'll come with non removable helmet and 5POA, I'll prolly pass. I already have the definitive figure anyways.

Ty

Reaction score
Although I had to paint his lower jowls and lip, I absolutely love that figure. Definitive? YES

Reaction score
Just interested how everyone is so sure that the alien in the clip is Nien Nunb and not Ten Numb, or another one of his species.

Also, have we got any Nigerian Kikiyu (sp?) speakers in the house?! Nien spoke a real-World dialect in ROTJ, which translated into relevant lines of dialogue for the scenes he was in. I shared a house as a student with someone who was able to speak it. I'd be very interested to know what he says in the TFA trailer.

GNT

Reaction score
Mike Quinn, who helped perform Nunb in ROTJ has already confirmed his involvement in TFA, he also confirmed that we saw him in the background in the trailer when Poe runs past Finn. It'd be silly to have Nunb in a couple scenes then be replaced by another of his species later on for the action scenes.

Reaction score
Yeah, this could be just another Sullustan, but given the need for "poetry", I'm leaning toward it being Mr. Nunb.

If his action figure follows the format of Dameron and Asty, then it's a definite no for me. Non-removable helmet and opaque visor just don't cut it for me. And also, I'm collecting more of just main characters at this point in my collecting life.

Still, it's cool we're getting a Sullustan pilot in this film!

Reaction score
Oddly enough I consider him to be a main character. Now we just need to bring back Crix Madine.

Reaction score
You know what, I agree! This is one instance where I loved his EU backstory, made him an actual useful character. Instead of making a small speech.

Though he'd have to be fairly old today, he looked to be older than Han. Unless that was just makeup.

Reaction score
I totally went and dug out my vintage figure today. Makes me want to get out my B-wing too.

Reaction score
Just interested how everyone is so sure that the alien in the clip is Nien Nunb and not Ten Numb, or another one of his species.

Also, have we got any Nigerian Kikiyu (sp?) speakers in the house?! Nien spoke a real-World dialect in ROTJ, which translated into relevant lines of dialogue for the scenes he was in. I shared a house as a student with someone who was able to speak it. I'd be very interested to know what he says in the TFA trailer.
It's rehashed audio from ROTJ. Sorry.

GNT

Reaction score
Oddly enough I consider him to be a main character. Now we just need to bring back Crix Madine.
I wouldn't call him a main character as his not up there with Han Solo, Luke, Leia or the main cast. Nien more of a secondary character/support character who helps the story evolve in the end of ROTJ.

Reaction score
LOL!
Lets roll out Crix Madine and give him a nice wig to recreate that awesome hair doo from ROTJ for an all new young generation who are fascinated by beards for some reason.

Here he is now:

Who is up for more Madine? Say YEAH!:

Reaction score
On a side note I really want a figure of the guy to the left of Madine with the George Jefferson nest top "Lobot hair".

Reaction score
Normally, would have had no interest in this figure whatsoever, if it ever got released, but going by the photo in the OP, the helmet design and livery on it, i would buy it just for that.

Reaction score
Normally, would have had no interest in this figure whatsoever, if it ever got released, but going by the photo in the OP, the helmet design and livery on it, i would buy it just for that.
No interest in Nien Nunb?!?! If there were Star Wars police.....

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the younger ones on here. Guess age doesn't have much to do with collecting experience.
I've still got a ways to go, but I started early.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the younger ones on here. Guess age doesn't have much to do with collecting experience.
I've still got a ways to go, but I started early.
You are rocking 1997 POTF2 Lak Sivrak as your avatar, your are ok in my book.

In terms on NN speculation...I speculate he will be 5POA and have a Banana visor.

He is looking a little wrinkled from ROTJ but I bet he can still scrap. Hopefully he lives and it will be cool to see his piloting skills on his own.

Reaction score
I expect most people already have a solid Nien figure in their collection.
If you're collecting the 5POA, you know what you're in for. Jack up there is right.
Banana visor, only if the helmet isn't removable.
It's likely to be sculpted on, but seeing as how he's already somewhat popular and somewhat established in the SW Saga, he may have a removable one, a la Ezra and the new Stormtrooper Finn figure.

Reaction score
This is an odd alien to bring back. I am psyched for Ackbar's return. But Nien always struck me as a REALLY third rate design... oh, well.

Reaction score
Not so much third rate design, but the character maybe. I always thought they, Sullustan's, looked pretty neat.

Reaction score
Looks like a Christmas miracle!

According to Dorkside Toys pre-order pages, the upcoming Wave 4 of the 3.75" figures will include a Nien Nunb for the Jungle/Space assortment!

Case Contains :

• Finn Jakku X 2
  • Constable Zuvio X 2
  • First Order Flametrooper X 2
  • Kylo Ren X 2
  • Stormtrooper Squad Leader X 2
  • Nein Nunb X 2

It's misspelled there, but it's there! Looks like the only two new figures will be Nien Nunb and a Stormtrooper Squad Leader, which I assume to be the red-pauldroned Trooper from the attack on the village on Jakku from the beginning of the film.

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Kylo is an unmasked version as he's part of the snow assortment. Unmasked final duel makes sense for the snow packaging.

Reaction score
Looks like a Christmas miracle!

According to Dorkside Toys pre-order pages, the upcoming Wave 4 of the 3.75" figures will include a Nien Nunb for the Jungle/Space assortment!

Case Contains :

• Finn Jakku X 2
  • Constable Zuvio X 2
  • First Order Flametrooper X 2
  • Kylo Ren X 2
  • Stormtrooper Squad Leader X 2
  • Nein Nunb X 2

It's misspelled there, but it's there! Looks like the only two new figures will be Nien Nunb and a Stormtrooper Squad Leader, which I assume to be the red-pauldroned Trooper from the attack on the village on Jakku from the beginning of the film.
Just what we need, more Zuvio's.

Reaction score
I just hope they don't give Nien Nunb a solid visor. But considering Snap has a solid visor, I'm guessing Nien will as well :\.

Reaction score
Honestly I wish they'd just go POTF2 and not give them visors at all.
It would be better than the awful banana visors at least.

Still, I would prefer helmets like the SA Poe figure's helmet. I can't see that adding *that* much cost to Hasbro's bottom line.