Next 1:1 Figure?

Reaction score
I know this is probably not the best topic given some of the quality issues with the R2 and 3PO, but what's the next 1:1 you would like to see?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, my mistake. I misread this and thought it was in regards to the 1:1 Busts. Sorry about that, Frozone.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Hmm, my mistake. I misread this and thought it was in regards to the 1:1 Busts. Sorry about that, Frozone.
No worries...

Han in Carbonite is definitely my choice as well, especially if there are electronics like the R2 and 3PO.

I'm guessing most other options would be droids, but what else is there?

Reaction score
I doubt there would be enough demand for more life sized droids if they're going to be in the same price range as the current droids. Maybe something like a mouse droid or gonk droid. I do think there are probably more things in the "Salacious Crumb" vein that they could do, although nothing specific comes to mind right now.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would complain about getting R5-D4.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
Masterthc said:
Slave Leia.
I'll take this one as well...but I need some voice interaction...something like 'good day master', 'chain me to the wall master'...things like that...
LOL!

I wouldn't mind if they would take some measurements off of GG Leia statue.

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] I wouldn't mind if they would take some measurements off of GG Leia statue.

[/QUOTE]

LOL. And how is she supposed to be displayed without falling over?

Reaction score
Somehow I don't see them being able to pull off Vader. Maybe a stormtrooper. But I wouldn't pay anywhere near what they usually charge for life-sized pieces for a stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
Masterthc said:
Slave Leia.
I'll take this one as well...but I need some voice interaction...something like 'good day master', 'chain me to the wall master'...things like that...
LOL voice interaction could be cool.

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
Masterthc said:
Slave Leia.
LOL!

I wouldn't mind if they would take some measurements off of GG Leia statue.
I would hope they would use GG's measurements.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Somehow I don't see them being able to pull off Vader. Maybe a stormtrooper. But I wouldn't pay anywhere near what they usually charge for life-sized pieces for a stormtrooper.
Museum Replicas will be putting out full Vader and Stormtrooper armor sets with mannequins and everything else so that you will be able to have a full, 1:1 of those characters... probably cheaper than if SSC did it too.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Vader would indeed be challenging. Does MuRep have it in their sights?
they are planning to do a stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a very strange situation.
Museum Replicas is making the wearable costumes with optional posable mannequins, so in essence, they are making like size 1:1 characters.
Now, there may be a collaboration in the pipeline, but we won't know until the summer, most likely at SDCC.

As far as Sideshow goes, Fett, Stormy, Vader.....MRL is going to get to all of them, so I don't know if it would behoove Sideshow to have a go at those....however, as previously stated, MRL will NOT be making a Hansicle.
Now, I have the Illusive Concepts piece and I would gladly buy a new one with electronics on the sides to replace the one I have (I could make a table or, better yet a 'Door' out of the one I have now!)

I think that is a good bet if they continue the line of 1:1 scale pieces.

Unless they do something horrible and go back on what they said and make pristine (clean) versions of R2 and 3PO!
That would certainly stir the pot....like it did with the T-800!
They could make Chewbacca! That is something that MRL will NOT be making into a costume and who wouldn't want their own Wookie????

Reaction score
yodasan said:
icruise said:
Vader would indeed be challenging. Does MuRep have it in their sights?
they are planning to do a stormtrooper.
Yes, they do....He is more of a 'Grand Finale' piece though. I wouldn't count on seeing him until 2011.

Reaction score
To be honest i just want to get through the droids before i start thinking about the next 1:1 offering

Reaction score
Jedi_StarKiller said:
I really want to see a Sandtrooper or Jedi Luke, those two are at the top of my list.
For a 1:1 figure???? I don't think that is going to happen with Sideshow. You're better off buying the Museum Replicas costumes and their posable mannequin.

Reaction score
My picks...

1) Yoda (Empire Strikes Back). I think a nice Yoda would kick butt.
2) Han in Carbonite. I would love the lights on the side of the block to actually work.
3) Jawa. I think the Jawa would be cheap and easy to produce. Plus, it could have light-up eyes.
4) R5-D4. I always loved this droid. All SSC would need to do is a new head since the R2 body is done.
5) Wicket or any Ewok (if they could be done well).

Reaction score
TrooperJon said:
My picks...

1) Yoda (Empire Strikes Back). I think a nice Yoda would kick butt.
2) Han in Carbonite. I would love the lights on the side of the block to actually work.
3) Jawa. I think the Jawa would be cheap and easy to produce. Plus, it could have light-up eyes.
4) R5-D4. I always loved this droid. All SSC would need to do is a new head since the R2 body is done.
5) Wicket or any Ewok (if they could be done well).
Oh, man! ALL GOOD! I love it!

Reaction score
oh.....I want a light up Jawa
. Also motion activated with some movie voice clips please