News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Reaction score
Looks like these underwater epsiodes are going to be a gold mine of potential figures. I would love the shark guy. Awesome.
While I was a little underwhelmed by the two episodes, the Riff Samson (no relations to Brock Samson) would fit in well with my CW Kit Fisto and Scuba Clone. It'd be pretty cool if he had an articulated jaw and a small Trident underwater vehicle device, since they most likely won't make a Starfighter scaled version of it anytime soon.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Just depends on Hasbro and if they're willing to make a few army builders and a few main characters.

Reaction score
New Clone Trooper in Training Gear, Cutup! Looks like Hasbro is going to finish them off afterall.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's in a battle pack or single card?

Hopefully Battle Pack with a simulator battle droid, and something else.

Reaction score
Hasbro making "Cutup" is interesting. Seen as they had developed the sculpt for Hevy, they might as well use it I guess...

Anyway, my hunch is that it will be some kind of two sides battle pack: possibly Cutup and Droidbait with either a Battle, Super Battle or Commando Droid to fight them. Reason I say this is because Hasbro already have a couple of Echo and Fives to make, so they might not make a cadet version of them...

EDIT: Tunghori lists after the name Cutup, "Training on Kamino". Perhaps that is going to be the name of a battle pack???

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. That was a good episode and after seeing Hevy, I figured they would eventually make a BP of the rest of the squad.

Reaction score
about time, looking like its part of a BP.
I'm a bit leery now that the Battle Packs have only three figures each. The target-practice droids would be neat, but I'd almost think that the more likely candidates would be repacks of Shaak Ti, El-Les or even Bric. I'm an optimist, I know. :victorious:

Reaction score
I'm a bit leery now that the Battle Packs have only three figures each. The target-practice droids would be neat, but I'd almost think that the more likely candidates would be repacks of Shaak Ti, El-Les or even Bric. I'm an optimist, I know. :victorious:
I honestly think these three figure battle packs will improve. It's just early days for those, and they should include new figures as it progresses.

I disagree on you're point about Shaak Ti, El-Les and Bric. None of those can even be considered important enough to be put in here. Besides, they didn't do "training" on "Kamino" did they? I firmly believe all 3 figures here will be re-paints, like Defend Kamino. Cutup and Droidbait in cadet armour, and any of Battle, Super or Commando Droid in simulator markings as a combatent for Cutup and Droidbait...

Reaction score
Stating the obvious here, I'd rather see 3-packs like defend kamino where we get 3 great new figs for $20 vs. the old 4-packs @ $25 where at least 2 were crap re-packs.......

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to see him get made after Hasbro clearly stated they had no plans for the others.

Reaction score
Plans change. It's not like something said one day should be binding forever. Thankfully they do revisit their plans and adjust them as they go along. 'No plans' only goes as far as their current line plan in any case, so they don't have to be lying for something to show up a year down the track even when they've said it wasn't on their plan originally.

Reaction score
According to the newiest Force Cast Collector Cast, next year will be mostly core characters. So expect at least 5 different Anakin and Obi-Wans, if not more.

Then the rest being clones, no new Separatists, unless it's a new Battle Droid sculpt, but don't count on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It did sound a bit bleak for Clone Wars collectors didn't it? DDP did, however, mention the perennial value of sprinkled spice in the mix too - the Seripases and Hondos etc - which are generally the only figures I pick up. I got the impression we can still expect to see these kinds of figures dropped in strategically here and there for the sake of variety, so it isn't all bad news, but don't expect a lot of them. I won't be holding out much hope for Ziro, Garnac, Mother Talzin or Tera Sinube, and the likes of Chancellor Palpatine and Duchess Satine really stand no chance of turning up any time soon in this line.

Reaction score
It did sound a bit bleak for Clone Wars collectors didn't it? DDP did, however, mention the perennial value of sprinkled spice in the mix too - the Seripases and Hondos etc - which are generally the only figures I pick up. I got the impression we can still expect to see these kinds of figures dropped in strategically here and there for the sake of variety, so it isn't all bad news, but don't expect a lot of them. I won't be holding out much hope for Ziro, Garnac, Mother Talzin or Tera Sinube, and the likes of Chancellor Palpatine and Duchess Satine really stand no chance of turning up any time soon in this line.
id pick up all those characters you mentioned ReverendStrone! and yes, it did sound bleak for cw collectors. they've been actually telling this to us for quite some time now and even though id like to hear otherwise, it does make business sense. i guess its more dollars saved for me, at the moment.

Reaction score
According to the newiest Force Cast Collector Cast, next year will be mostly core characters. So expect at least 5 different Anakin and Obi-Wans, if not more.

Then the rest being clones, no new Separatists, unless it's a new Battle Droid sculpt, but don't count on it.

If this is all Hasbro have in mind going forward with the CW line..I'm afraid I will be out!

There is no way this line of figures can hold kid or collector interest with just the main Hero's (in different outfits) and the endless amount of clone repaints. It's variety that keeps the interest alive and without it, this line will go down faster than the Titanic.

This is Star Wars Hasbro...not Barbie!

It was the interesting new characters (including the CIS villains and Bounty Hunters etc) that piqued my interest and started me buying the figures in the first place.

I have a bad feeling about this!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro has said it's their most popular line, why would they handicap the line like that? DDP pretty much said that the more obscure characters (like nightsisters) would have no chance in TCW line but might eventually make it to Vintage. I've pretty much stopped collecting anything else but TCW, so if that's the direction I guess they'll be losing me a collector. I love the TCW styling and the characters would lose that visual appear if they were translated into some bastardized "realistic" version. The core characters argument is BS, you can always get the main characters (Obi, Anakin, Ahsoka) in BPs or deluxe vehicles at anytime.

I also have a very bad feeling about this!

Last edited:
Reaction score

5 is an exaggeration. We will probably see re-packed Anakin and Obi-Wan's un a re-pack wave...

There are no new Obi-Wan outfits out there, but they might do Anakin in scuba and slave gear from S4.

I'm ok with the clones part. I like clones, unless they are absolutely ridicuolous ones like Gearshift. WTH???

We can't get different ones all the time, but if we get a different kid of character into figure (Seripas, Cato Parasitti etc) at least once a wave, I'd be happy with that...

Reaction score
There's Obi-Wan in a robe, which I'm sure they'd try to release as a new figure, and we don't know what's in Season IV.

Edit: There's also Obi-Wan in carbonite.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Agreed if this line moves to just the core characters and just clones, then this line will no doubt become a bore! Hasbro needs to create the perfect mix for every wave - good guys, bad guys, army builders and a background character for every wave.

Reaction score
I can live with next year being "focused" on core characters - most years have been, assuming getting five Anakin variations is par for the course. Clones vs. Droids is the core spectacle of the series. But... I've got to admit, if the line drops just to that, it's not going to hold my interest. I've already got a tonne of each. I'm holding down my panic until I see some new waves.

Reaction score
Selling just core characters/clones will no doubt kill TCW line. There's version after version of the core/clone characters already. They're sold both single carded and in the battle packs. If Hasbro takes the time to really look at the numbers and see what's selling, they'll realize that all the non core characters sell really well. I wish they would try packing cases with multiples of non core characters and see how well these will sell.

Reaction score
Wjatever happened to the Obi-Wan and Boba Fett Deluxe vehicles that were shown at Toy Fair?

Reaction score
I was just thinking about what GL said when the CW series began, that he was going to make around 100 episodes, so when the CW series ends, will taht be the end of the CW toy line as well?

GNT

Reaction score
I was just thinking about what GL said when the CW series began, that he was going to make around 100 episodes, so when the CW series ends, will taht be the end of the CW toy line as well?
Pretty much, it might take a year after the show ends for the toyline to completely stop. I doubt the toyline will survive without a TV show to promote the toys.

Reaction score
Yeah, it will be just like how after the six movies were finished the toy line stopped for them too.

Reaction score
It's going to be more than 100, because in this interview a writer confirmed they are already on season SIX!!! That makes at least 122 episodes, and they will keep making episodes seen as how the show is much loved :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5CX7t2HHoc

Reaction score
Wjatever happened to the Obi-Wan and Boba Fett Deluxe vehicles that were shown at Toy Fair?
i think hasbro said that w/ the change over of "delux" to "class1 fleet asst" or whatever they're called now- that things got shuffled around and these 2 are in limbo waiting for a placement. sounded like maybe moved to an exxcl asst. since those 2 are featured on the backs of the upcoming wm delux sets, maybe the delay in the release of the wm sets is due to hasbro trying to included these 2 mia sets in the asst w/ wm's excls....maybe, maybe not

Reaction score
Hasbro has a lot of nerve saying this line doesn't interest collectors when they can't even get the product on the shelves for us "noninterested" collectors to buy! How do they judge sales on figures that never make it to the stores. Just look at the inflated prices these figs go for on the secondary market and tell me collectors aren't interested in this line.

And to top it off the geniuses at Hasbro are going to push the new "realistic" style characters which alienate the fans of the animated line and will probably hold little interest for the collectors of the movie lines. If all we get are rehashed Obi Wans, Anakins, Rexes, and Codys I'm out, and I'm pretty sure I won't be alone.

Reaction score
It's going to be more than 100, because in this interview a writer confirmed they are already on season SIX!!! That makes at least 122 episodes, and they will keep making episodes seen as how the show is much loved :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5CX7t2HHoc
In fact, they wrote for the moment 132 episodes and the cast recorded more than 100 episodes. So we don't have to be worry for the toyline of TCW because the end of the serie is not for this years.

Reaction score
Well I don't think you have to worry about the show ending yet since they are still trying to decide the fate of Ahsoka and Rex. So it looks like we are looking at seasons 7-8 at least. I think though George will keep making the show as long as there is interest, it wouldn't surprise me if they get 10 seasons made. I don't think George is too concerned with the timeline of the Clone Wars because in no movies is it mentioned how long the Clone Wars lasts. You have an aged Anakin is the only difference, so it could be 2,3,5 years...

As for the figures, since this line is more "kid" driven, I don't think the line will last much after the show ends. Yes the movie figures are still made, but I don't see this line have the stayed power that the realistic line has.

Reaction score
Heck if time frame isn't an issue, why don't they just do an animated show of Obi-Wan and Anakin's adventures between EP1 and EP2!

True it's never specifically mention on screen, but it's known that there is a 3 year gap between AOTC and ROTS.

How they'd have a better way of explaining, it would be for one season of TCW to not actually be a year passing.
One season of TCW could technically be 6 or even 3 months long, so you could essentially get 6 seasons that only translates to 3 years.

Reaction score
Exactly! It is said that ROTS is 19 years before ANH, and that AOTC is 10 years after TPM, and I'm sure it said somewhere that TPM was 32 years before ANH. So unless Lucas wants to ruin his own timeline...(which wouldn't shock me, but whatever).