News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Reaction score
I'd love to see Hasbro revisit the Clone Wars with all new figures / sculpts. If we are getting "new" figures from the upcoming season you can bet money that 2 of them will definitely be Anakin and Obi Wan (we are already getting re-releases of the old VC CW Anakin and Obi Wan as pre-orders are already live on sites like Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and Amazon. I can see Ashoka getting a re-release from the VC line or an entirely new figure based on her upcoming appearance in the CW and the love of the character. Also l can definitely see Hasbro re-release some Clone Troopers and various repaints as well. I'd really love to see them dig deep into the previous seasons and perhaps finally give us a Pong Krell.

Reaction score
Please, please, please be realistic TVC 3.75" CW figures ..... 🥰😍 And please be NEW. No more Anakin & Obi-Wan.
as much as I'm 100% in agreement we need to face reality and know that Hasbro will remake core characters and some new ones.

also we are basing these figures on rumors at this point.. Hasbro could easily make these in the Galaxy of Adventures line or 6" line... no guarantee of a 3.75" treatment

Reaction score
Imagine if GOA got a character like Pong Krell, the fanbase would riot, lol. I think its a safe bet that the CW revival will bring figures to all lines that they offer - we might even see rehashed CW goodness from Micro Machine scale to 12 inch titans. We'll see if GOA survives, once NY TF arrives, there should be an idea as to whether it sold well enough to continue.

Reaction score
as much as I'm 100% in agreement we need to face reality and know that Hasbro will remake core characters and some new ones.

also we are basing these figures on rumors at this point.. Hasbro could easily make these in the Galaxy of Adventures line or 6" line... no guarantee of a 3.75" treatment
Unfortunately for folks with my collecting tastes, recent years' product offerings tend to support your prediction. To be honest, I am expecting lots of 6" newness and mostly just 3.75" repacks or revisits. It's hard not to resent 6" when Hasbro throws all of the attention that way. I hope to be wrong, of course. If not, I guess it's just money I won't be spending with them. Some 3.75" toys or even MMs would be so welcome, but I am trying to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment.

Reaction score
Unfortunately for folks with my collecting tastes, recent years' product offerings tend to support your prediction. To be honest, I am expecting lots of 6" newness and mostly just 3.75" repacks or revisits. It's hard not to resent 6" when Hasbro throws all of the attention that way. I hope to be wrong, of course. If not, I guess it's just money I won't be spending with them. Some 3.75" toys or even MMs would be so welcome, but I am trying to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment.
I hope I'm wrong and that Hasbro pulls out all the stops and brings back the 3.75" like in the glory days of the Legacy Collection. Great figures, accessories, BAD pieces etc and a great mix of movie, comic, expanded universe and clone wars all together. Hasbro really had some great amazing figures from 2008-2010.

Imagine if GOA got a character like Pong Krell, the fanbase would riot, lol. I think its a safe bet that the CW revival will bring figures to all lines that they offer - we might even see rehashed CW goodness from Micro Machine scale to 12 inch titans. We'll see if GOA survives, once NY TF arrives, there should be an idea as to whether it sold well enough to continue.
I'd actually be OK with a GOA scale Pong Krell (without a goofy action feature) the scale would be epic next to 3.75" Clone Troopers and give Hasbro the opportunity to really add great detail to the character. I'd also love to see Hasbro bring back the Micro Machines line but back to the days of Galoob where the ships came with stands and had a great mix of vehicles from all the movies and TV properties.

Reaction score
My gut says that we may get Anakin, OBI Wan, and Ahsoka TCW reissues in the TVC line. We may also see a BS6 figure or two.

Reaction score
And that's problem, most all of those figures exist already...
You can get just about any of them in some form or another, General Kenobi was just issued at Walgreens.

People who are actually gonna buy these want the characters that haven't been made yet!

However, that's the easiest an cheapest way for them kitbash a Clone body with existing Jedi parts.

Reaction score
People (like me) want the TCW line to return and have hope since the TCW is coming back!

But its a fool's hope.

Hasbro had pretty much tanked the TCW line after season three. There were a ton of spectacular characters that should have been made from season's 4+. If they did that back when figures were still considered feasible, then they really won't do much today.

The odd thing is that they really could make a ton if they embraced TCW and Mandalorian figures. Pretty sure they'd sell if they were distributed intellgently (remove peg warmer as soon at they reach an expiration date) and kept the flow of figures moving and the inventory fresh.

Reaction score
I'll be blunt - I think Hasbro is tanking the brand - look at the 3.75 selection for a blockbuster movie, ROS - I'm not expecting much for CW. If they release anything that's not a repack / repaint, I'll honestly be surprised. They'll probably even make an excuse that releasing the already tooled but never produced 3.75 Rex isn't in the budget, lol.

Reaction score
Honestly I feel the biggest problem is Disney, they don't seem to want to share the limelight. So i doubt we'd ever get a shared release between all era.

Reaction score
Disney might be a problem, but they would be a new problem on top of a 8 years of problem.

The problem as I see it was that something caused the cheap supply of plentiful figures to cost more. At the same time, Hasbro started to make some bad peg warmer decisions. They left the pegwarmers on the pegs long after they should have been removed. This caused Retailers to have their pegs full of merch that would not sell/move. Their inventory software would say "Oh yeah we have 40+ SW figures on the pegs and we only sell 5 a month, this is not good". The problem was that those 40 figures were pretty much just TVC QiGon, TVC OBI Wan, Discover the Force QiGon, DTF OBI Wan, and may two other figures. Everyone had those two and weren't buy them anymore. But they were left on the pegs for literally two years.

During this time, new figures barely made it to the pegs because according to the inventory software, they already had 40+ SW figures for sale that no one was buy. It sucked to go out scumming during this time, because you knew there were new figures to be had, but your local store would not stock any new cases because the pegs were already full with figures from last year, and those figures hadn't changed in that past year.

After a while retailers stopped ordering new figures. I remember that when the Black Series came out, Walmart would split up a case between stores and each store would only get a few figures. After awhile few new figures were finding their way to the pegs. I even took a pic once of a TVC QuiGon who had sat on the pegs for so long, that they renamed the peg from "TVC SW Figure" to "QiGon". Yep, this individual figure got his own peg named after him.

Until they learn that to sell, you need to have fresh merch on the pegs at all times. Do that and you'll move dozens of figures per month.

Reaction score
I'm sure you've seen these, but it looks like at least a couple CW figures are coming...to the GOA line. The 5 inch line is getting Ahsoka's new outfit - this will surely cause blood to boil, considering how well she did in the TVC Fan's Choice Poll, and is a fan favorite character in general.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've pretty much abandoned hope of returning to my happy time of scumming around my county with optimism of finding new TCW figures.

There was a tiny bit of hope that with the TCW season launching, that they would pay it some service with at least a few figures. Nope. They really do not know how to make money with this SW license anymore. I have money, I like to spend money [its a fault of mine], and I like SW figures. I used to spend over $1k a year on Figures and Vehicles each year. When they had 60+ SW figures, and $20 vehicles, and some $45+ vehicles, I was there like Fry with his fistful of cash just yell'n' at them to sell me more stuff.

Now I see empty pegs. That is really a Retain SIN and I do not know how they get away with it. Retail pegs at Walmart and Target are goldmines. Small businesses would kill to get their product on one of those pegs. Hasbro has several at my WM and Target empty, for weeks. Used inteligently, they could have each produced $100 in sales per month, maybe more. But nope, They are happy with letting pegwarmers block the sales of new figures, to the extent were retailers cut back orders of new products and the pegs lay bare for weeks.

Reaction score
Its a problem for all new media - Rise of Skywalker was a blockbuster, yet where are the 3.75 figures to support it? They released 5 new figures in TVC! The Mandalorian is a hugely successful series, and a few figures are only now making it into the vintage lineup. For Clone Wars, I wouldn't be surprised to see all the new figures in other scales and stylized sculpts, with only repacks/repaints for TVC. The toy line support for new media is just at an all-time low, and its frankly hurting the brand in my opinion.

Reaction score
Yeah, depressing to say the least.

What's even sadder is that they seem to be focused on GoA for new CW releases! I mean considering how much they like repacks, and how the like to charge higher prices for them. Why not reissue some of the old Clone Wars vehicles?

When searching to see how much the first BIG Slave 1 went for, I cam across several mini ships I'd like another chance at. Like the Republic Dropship etc. With a new season of CW on, and aimed at possible a newer generation. Perhaps getting some blasts from the past would have been cool.

Hasbro definitely knows how to miss opportunities/drop the ball. IMO.

Reaction score
Well, this really was the last horrah for any hope of TCW action. In the back ground of my mind, I knew that was some TCW stories left to be told. When Disney announced more TCW episodes, there was the hope that Hasbro would participate in its return. But I really should have known better.

JVM

Reaction score
I never had high hopes for CW tie-ins because Hasbro dropped support for Rebels relatively quickly after the first season (though not completely, I know) and their support for Resistance was ineffective and felt more like an effort to fill a gap between the movie lines... and then, we all know they didn't really support ROS, a major live-action release. It's been clear Hasbro has wound down much of their tie-in commitment on the 3.75" scale, and all of those were more conventional marketing opportunities than a streaming-exclusive release for a series that doesn't fit neatly into the current product lineup. It's a far from ideal situation.

The best hope a CW collector would probably have is if someone/something really grabs the fandom, Hasbro might slot it in next year in TVC... but I am fairly certain if I had been a CW-focused collector, I'd feel a bit let down compared to a wave or two of proper TCW-style figures compatible with what had come before. It's a big, big shame.

Reaction score
By the time Hasbro gets to a Figure, mass support is gone... They as licensee holders should know what's coming long before we do, and look how long we've known about TCW return. So you try to get the ones out that already have larger appeal, and most requested. You can release any clone any time in TVC because they like any other trooper have longevity, as well as the mains.

It's the Aliens/one off characters that need struck while the iron is hot.

Reaction score
By the time Hasbro gets to a Figure, mass support is gone... They as licensee holders should know what's coming long before we do, and look how long we've known about TCW return. So you try to get the ones out that already have larger appeal, and most requested. You can release any clone any time in TVC because they like any other trooper have longevity, as well as the mains.

It's the Aliens/one off characters that need struck while the iron is hot.
It's pretty nuts that they've known for a year and a half that TCW was going to have new episodes now, they announced they were doing updates of Anakin and Obi-wan, and they have another main character (Rex) ready to go. Yet the episodes have started, and we have no figures. Very odd.

Maybe they are holding them back and will release them around the finale. But to your point, Masterfett: they were smart and struck while the iron was hot on the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian in the 6" line, announcing him early in the show's run and releasing him right after his big episode aired. Why aren't they doing more of this?

Reaction score
That's another good point, though I don't know if Mandos will make an appearance in the show, haven't seen it yet.
But surely there are some repaints they could do fairly easy, and reuse Jaster Mareel or even the MANdo himself. Though I guess he should be a unique sculpt. But I'd be fine with repainting him for a different character. They even have Bobe Fett who was release recently, that could be used as a base.

Reaction score
That's another good point, though I don't know if Mandos will make an appearance in the show, haven't seen it yet.
My understanding is that the final arc of this season (and by extension the whole series) will be The Siege of Mandalore...so the Mandalorians will play a huge role there. Feels like it would be an own-goal of the highest order to not release some Death Watch figures to tie in to both that and the flashbacks in the Mandalorian show. And yet...

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if they'll try to work the Mandalorian in there somehow as sort of a crossover. To date it's only been done once by Saw

Reaction score
I have a hard time watching this Bad Batch Arc and not always thinking about what a Great 2010 Battle Pack this would have made.

Reaction score
It's possibly telling by the fact there's only a handful of us still posting here, that interest has waned.

Reaction score
I have a hard time watching this Bad Batch Arc and not always thinking about what a Great 2010 Battle Pack this would have made.
Good lord--can you imagine how well this would sell? I sometimes wonder who is in charge of brand management for Hasbro's Star Wars division. Probably the same genius who insisted on Angry Birds stuff.

Reaction score
While I haven't yet seen the show, I agree that some of these would be a hit. After all it's not like they'd have to tool up new molds here, repaint the Republic Commando figure!

I'd definitely buy a Wrecker and Tech figure, neat deco there. As for Crosshairs, he's a bit average looking and I don't really need a Solid Snake Clone TBH But if you're gonna get the other two, might as well get hem all.

These are definitely missed opportunities if they don't release something. Heck a 4-pk would be great, either Target or whatever. But Isure don't want to have to track these guys down on individual cards, nor would I like it if they took up space for a figure I want more.

I guess they could always wait and do something for the eventual DVD release. :confused:

Reaction score
Can you IMAGINE how well a Bad Batch 5-pack (featuring Echo's new suit design) would sell? Hasbro's aversion to making the most money it can off Star Wars licensing continues to baffle me.

Reaction score
I always chuck now when I see someone outside of collecting go "Oh, they only make that SW character/vehicles up so they can sell more toys".

Reaction score
IKR, it's like LFL keeps throwing Hasbro a bone. Yet Hasbro can't seem to catch it?
Then again maybe Disney is only dangling that bone above Hasbro's head?

Reaction score
There was so much CW figure potential in todays episode. And from the bad batch. Really unfortunate we will not be getting a few final waves of the clone wars line. Hasbro is really missing the mark and missing an opportunity with this show

Reaction score
I still consider it unthinkable that Bo Katan never received a figure, such an obvious choice - both she and Ahsoka in her final CW outfit from this season should be in TVC or another 3.75 scale CW line.

Reaction score
I will say that I really like that they used the Gar Saxon that was depicted in the Comic Book for this ARC. I really like the glowing yellow Visor look.

These Red Maul Mandos are the figures I really am missing out on. They look great.

Reaction score
If they were producing new figures at anything resembling a steady rate, then Mandalorian figures (both on Ahsoka's side and on Maul's) would be happening. Especially since any generic Death Watch figure could double as characters from the flashback seens in The Mandalorian.

Alas...

Reaction score
Just watched episode 9 and 10. The rage that burns inside of me for the lack of 3.75” toys is unmatched. I’m almost sick watching these fantastic shows. Sickening.

Reaction score
FYI: I just discovered this. If you have Amazon Prime, you can read the digital copy of "Son of Dathomir" for free. It a part of kindleprime, just send it to your eReader and all done.