News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Reaction score
Here is the big question. Steve Evans wants names for Clone wars characters but do they really want new, never before done characters or is he asking for CW figures to be re-released? They have 12 new episodes with all new characters I'm sure so that would mean that there will be slots for CW "new entertainment". What room will there be left for never before done characters from older episodes??

Reaction score
TBH, I'd have to say no thanks to this line. For starters it would be animated and 5POA, again. And IMO, Hasbro can barely manage what they have already. So they certainly don't need another line to treat poorly.

While I would like Pong Krell as well as a few others, we'd likely wind up just getting what was already released. Not that a few repacks would hurt, considering how some were HTF and it's been OOP for 8 years? But do we really need all those Clone all over again, or Anakin and Obi-Wan? I might get a few of the cool barely released figures. But I'd prefer all new character, that we never got the first time in SA realistic form.

Reaction score
Here is the big question. Steve Evans wants names for Clone wars characters but do they really want new, never before done characters or is he asking for CW figures to be re-released? They have 12 new episodes with all new characters I'm sure so that would mean that there will be slots for CW "new entertainment". What room will there be left for never before done characters from older episodes??
I certainly hope they do some new characters, because if all they do is repack the existing CW characters from TVC into the TVC reboot, it will be a bore. This would be the ideal time to finally release that Rex figure though! Since we know one of the arcs will be Siege on Mandalore, its the perfect opportunity to get fan favorite Bo Katan on pegs! I really don't expect much though - maybe those two and a new Ahsoka & Maul. I suppose it all depends on the format they use, and whether its TVC, Solo / Resistance, or the Episode 9 line.

Reaction score
What sucks is that, I believe more of the older collectors/fans would prefer to see more CW episodes so even though its coming back, it only 12 episodes. Maybe we will get two waves of figures. There is no way to fill all the gaps in the line.

Reaction score
There are a number of Rebels figures I'd like to see out compared to Clone Wars. But with that aside, I'm not quite sure what theme (if any) Hasbro's playing out this time with another potential line, but I get a sense it could more of an army-building type sort of thing (at least when I watch the trailer).

Now I doubt Hasbro will go the full monty and give us an Acclamator let alone a Venator Class for figures, but a Collector Fleet style or even MM playset would be good enough for me. :D (Boy, I sure miss Collector Fleet series).

Reaction score
Perhaps 2-pk Exclusives? Bo-Katan & Obi-Wan(Rako Hardeen), Pong Krell & Fives etc. That's it, without knowing their arc and whatnot. Who knows who we should be requesting. All I know is that most of what I'd want, they have no plans to make. Still want the Padawans, Wookiee, Rodian etc.
Not to mention those weird Jedi in Season Six, and dare we even ask for an SA Temple Guard. lol

Reaction score
I did a quick tally from one site who were requesting ideas and here's the top 10

10) Savage Opress
9) Pre Viszla
8) Hondo Ohnaka
7) Mother Talzin
6) Duchess Satine
5) Arc Trooper Fives
4) Jedi Temple Guard
3) Assaj Bounty Hunter
2) Bo Katan
1) PONG KRELL

Admiral Trench, Bad Batch and Delta Squad were in the top 20!

Last edited:
Reaction score
They could easily combine some of these figures into great 2-packs, as seen in the deluxe creature assortment (IE: Wampa) - Pong Krell with Fives would be an awesome set, and they might spark interest among kids, considering CW is one of the most profitable and popular properties among kids and collectors. They could also do themed 3-packs and give them to Target, combining Mother Talzin, Ventress, and Savage for example. Lets not forget that the original CW line was a massive success for them. The revival might bring in kids that are now young adults into collecting once again.

Reaction score
I did a quick tally from one site who were requesting ideas and here's the top 10

10) Savage Opress
9) Pre Viszla
8) Hondo Ohnaka
7) Mother Talzin
6) Duchess Satine
5) Arc Trooper Fives
4) Jedi Temple Guard
3) Assaj Bounty Hunter
2) Bo Katan
1) PONG KRELL

Admiral Trench, Bad Batch and Delta Squad were in the top 20!
Was this some current wish list? Because half of that list has already been made.

Reaction score
Was this some current wish list? Because half of that list has already been made.
I went through the list of messages and tallied them up. There were about 3 pages of suggestions of individual characters and that was the top 10. I did not clarify differences such as Savage having metal arms or which version for Pre Vizsla. Who knows whether SE is looking to remain CW style or movie style. I hope the latter, but if Steve does do historical figures (from seasons 1-6) they need to be the ultimate, key characters.
With the old question that boys* don't want female figures, given some of the key characters are female there's a good few in the top 10.

(* I'm not clarifying age range here as to who would purchase. I'm a boy long gone but would buy Satine, Assaj and Bo Katan in multiples)

Do you want a full list?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its funny, my nephew use to play with SW figures, and he asked me multiple times when Bo Katan was being released, he said, "I know they're going to make a figure of her!" - lol... He has / had a diverse selection of both figures he purchased / asked for and gifts, and among them are a number of female figures. The CW Nightsister is part of his "collection", and he wondered if we were going to get a "real" Talzin at some point, haha - kids are just as savvy as collectors sometimes.

From your list, I think Talzin, Bo Katan, and Ventress would do well with kids and collectors, since they're more action oriented - the female from the list that is questionable is Satine. I wonder how many collectors are even pining away for her release?

Reaction score
I'm beyond pumped that the show is coming back (sad that it's only 12 episodes on a streaming service :( ) hopefully we'll get some new figures but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed on that.

Reaction score
Im bummed that its only the 12 episodes right now but hope that it goes well and expands, even if the show name has to evolve due to the timeline. id love to follow Maul & crime world, Ahsoka, Ventress, Cad Bane and other bounty hunters, or even jedi Quinlan Vos thru events of ROTS and beyond since SW stories are apparently on hold for now. this would be a great way to do some of those ideas

As far as figures go, i understood them to say that possibly new TCW 3.75" could come out in the original animated style, along with some realistic CW characters in 6" form. Is that off base? The characters chosen by fans all depend on the formate we're getting the figures in

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would think they'd put everything in the 3.75 scale, especially if they want kids to buy them as well.

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I don't think 12 episodes is enough for them to relaunch the line. But if they do, I will be buying.

My only hope is that perhaps each arc is its own episode instead of trying to chop them down to 22 minutes chunks.

Here are the outstanding ARCs from TCW that I am aware of.

1. Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir
2. Dark Disciple - A Vos and Asajj love story. (I read somewhere that this was like 8 episodes for this ARC).
3. Utapau Crystal
4. Echo Lives / Bad Batch clones
5. Ahsoka Love Story
6. Bobba Fett shoots Bane
7. Space Zombies
8. Siege of Mandalore! (Has is all, Ahsoka Returns, Her and Rex's absence from ROTS is explained, Bo Katan, and Grevious captures Palpatine) Rightful end of TCW.

I'm sure I've missed a few, but my point is that with just 12 episodes in this TCW announcement, they are still leaving much behind.

My guess is that there was enough TCW already done that Disney is getting this on the cheap. If this is the last of season 6 stuff, then they just have to pay for the completion of episodes that are already voiced, storyboarded, and rough animated. From the teaser clip, we can see that Bad Batch and the Seige of Mandalore ARCs are already two ARCs done. I wonder what they others will be?

I would think that Son of Dathomir will get skipped (Dart Maul gets covered in Seige) and Dark Disciple (just too much story to fit in this shorten season).

Reaction score
I've pretty much whittled my wish to droids at this point. Only ones I really want are some of the droids from D-Squad/Gascon and a rabbit droid (it's OK to laugh), I just want a 'fun' set of new figures to add to my collection. I'm privy to the Separatist probe droid as well.

Reaction score
Another thing we should keep in mind is that Hasbro wasn't given info on the CW revival until more recently, so any CW figures that are released next year will likely be characters they already have tooled, or were already in development. I think the best we can hope for is a few characters peppered into TVC or the basic line, similar to how the animated Rebels figures were initially released in the Legends line. They may also combine CW and Resistance into one animated line, once the Solo figures are wrapped up.

Reaction score
They could release clone repaints for the 332nd Clone Batallion, Anakin (boring!), Obi-Wan (Boring!), Mando repaints or new legs for Mauls Mandos. They would only need a head and helmet for Bo Katan if they used isabet Reau body.

Reaction score
Another thing we should keep in mind is that Hasbro wasn't given info on the CW revival until more recently, so any CW figures that are released next year will likely be characters they already have tooled, or were already in development. I think the best we can hope for is a few characters peppered into TVC or the basic line, similar to how the animated Rebels figures were initially released in the Legends line. They may also combine CW and Resistance into one animated line, once the Solo figures are wrapped up.
Hee, heee….that's why I pretty much stuck to droids on my list (at least for astromechs)....easy repaints. :D And they don't necessarily have to be animated styles in my book....realistic would just fine by me and could easily integrate into those lines. Only new tooling I foresee is M5-BZ, but Gascon would be like creating a new 'accessory'.

Reaction score
Its a shame that so much great characters from Seasons 3 - 6 never made it to figures. In this new round of TCW is looks like the models for OBI Wan (got a Robe) and Anakin (new Hair, and clothes) have changed. So they could also use a new sculpt. Not to mention ex-Jedi Ahsoka has something on her head now where a hair line would be.

Reaction score
The only way I'd be happy to get duplicates such as Obi-Wan, Anakin and Grievous is if they were in 2-packs, or multi packs with new figures.

Reaction score
Well I"m pretty sure we aren't going to get squat. I saw a YouTube interview with Hasbo about possible TCW figures after the SSDC announcement. Pretty much, We didn't know it was coming back, but if we do make any TCW figures, they'd be in the regular lines in a realistic format. Boo.

Reaction score
I think we're going to get something, just likely not what collectors or kids want - new characters. LFL is making the CW revival an event, so they probably gave Hasbro marching orders for merchandise. We know they have a number of figures sculpted that weren't released - they should get those out, even if they all have an animated likeness. I'd much rather buy Pong Krell or Spider Maul over a clone repaint!

Reaction score
My guess would be that we would get:

Updated Aniken and OBI models.
Maybe an updated Ahsoka
and Likely a White/Orange Clone Troop with that Ahsoka marking on its helmet.

Reaction score
It likely won't be squat. If it happens with enough time for Hasbro to REact, we'll surely see some kind of 3-pk repacks to coincide. New figures though? Likely not.

GNT

Reaction score
Something would be better then nothing at all. I'd be happy with some battlepack or something to mark the shows return.

Reaction score
Hasbro usually likes to have "something" available for media tie-ins, so it will likely be some kind of repacks as that's the easiest thing to do on short notice.
Unless they truly do have a prototype of Krell, and decide now is the time. Which it is!

Reaction score
I wanted to ask you guys with your rich experience: what are the chances that the new season will be accompanied by new figures or re-releases?

Reaction score
Great question, and it is one that is on the mind of everyone who collected the TCW line.

Sadly the history is that Hasbro pretty much cut the TCW line short during season 3 of TCW show. After 2011, the line was pretty much reduced from 60+ new figures per year, to around 10. This big shame was that in seasons 4 - 6.5, there were a larger number of really great characters in the show that we would have really loved to have seen made into figures. But that was not to be.

So what do I take away from that to what we have today? Well, pretty much that Hasbro has not changed their ways to what we would like. Distribution is very poor and the figures that are being made that are desirable, are not being put on pegs (TVC at Walmart and Target). So I have to say that I don't really see Hasbro making any efforts on these new TCW episodes. At best we may see some TCW TVC figures re-released like they have done with the Photo-Real, Gamorean Guard, Bobba Fett TVC figures. So there may be a Obi, Anakin, OBI, Maul release on TVC packaging that may have TCW labeling.

From the trailers, it does appear that Season 7 Anakin, Ahsoka, and OBI-Wan have new models, so they do look different from the previous seasons. So there is a hope for new sculpts based on that. Finger crossed. I could even see some of those new Ahoska Livery Clone Troopers getting made. But again, Hasbro just doesn't seem to really embrace figures anymore. So I'm not left with any confidence that we will see anything.

So you ask what are the chances? My guess would be 1 in 10 for anything, and 1 in 1000 for an impressive effort in releasing TCW line figures again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Too bad. I always thought, that the Clone Wars toys sold pretty well despite some ugly flaws in their posibility. Hence I couldn't understand the lack of releases concerning the latter seasons, as you mentioned it.

I also noticed the new look of the three starring Jedi. If there will be a new sculpt for them I hope they will be accompanied at least by a Bad Batch multi-pack.

Out of all the modern action figure lines by Hasbro I like the Clone Wars toys most, since imho the cartoon style fits the 3.75 inch sculpt perfectly. It did especially back in the days when the photo-real head sculpts looked rather rough.

Reaction score
The CW line did insanely well, one of the best selling action figure lines Hasbro had - they even mentioned that at a convention years ago. I believe it was brought up at SDCC again this year, and I vaguely remember them saying CW characters would be peppered into other lines like TVC, but might not have their own animated line again...

Reaction score
I guess this would also mean that they loose their animated look and will be transferred to photo-realistic figures, right? Like it was done with Ahsoka or Clone Captain Rex as seen below.

Photography by D. Martin Myatt

Reaction score
Precisely - realistically sculpted animated characters. Many of them look good, but some received a mixed reception by fans. They did some realistic CW sculpts in the various basic lines over the years as well - here's Gree, Plo Koon, and the gorgeous Jedi Temple Guard:

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/SL17-Jedi-Temple-Guard-Star-Wars-Rebels-Saga-Legends/IMAGE11.asp

Unfortunately, the basic 5 POA line is now gone, so that's another avenue for release that is now closed. So for the 3.75 scale, TVC is probably going to be the only option for CW characters, unless they drop something into the Retro line, but that would make little sense, and I'm not sure that would resonate with kids or collectors.

Reaction score
I got a Black Series 6" Commander Fox at Gamestop on Triple Force Friday. He looks great. Good to see a TCW figure get made again.