News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Reaction score
News from JTA:

"Spider Darth Maul coming, realistic style - not animated style. Because it is too big to fit in a basic figure card back, it will likely be coming in some other fashion."

They also said Krell was coming - I am not getting too excited until we see pictures. ;)

Reaction score
News from JTA:

"Spider Darth Maul coming, realistic style - not animated style. Because it is too big to fit in a basic figure card back, it will likely be coming in some other fashion."

They also said Krell was coming - I am not getting too excited until we see pictures. ;)

Thanks for the info. I guess I can't get too upset about the spider maul being realistic. They did give us cw maul pack. If krell is not animated I will go to my local tru and throw every star wars figure in the aisle lol

Reaction score
Oh man I need to know just like every other cw fan if Krell is going to be animated or not. A realistic one wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I'm sure most of us prefer animated.

Reaction score
Oh man I need to know just like every other cw fan if Krell is going to be animated or not. A realistic one wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I'm sure most of us prefer animated.
I anticipate that, as with many of the other non-human CW figures, the line between realistic and animated will be blurred. I'm thinking of figures like SnoPlo, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Embo, Grievous, Aayla, Thi-Sen, etc. If you didn't know that they were in the Clone Wars line, other than for certain minor details you could believe they were meant for the realistic line. Same thing goes for the Sith Witch in the Darth Maul BP - she's supposed to be a realistic figure, but she sufficiently fits the part of an animated nightsister. I expect that Krell will lean towards animated style, but will be able to be mistaken for a realistic Besalisk.

Reaction score
The thing about a 'Trandoshan Skiff' that has been brought up at least a couple of times on the board, was that just a rumor/pure speculation or will such a thing be released at some point?

Reaction score
I anticipate that, as with many of the other non-human CW figures, the line between realistic and animated will be blurred. I'm thinking of figures like SnoPlo, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Embo, Grievous, Aayla, Thi-Sen, etc. If you didn't know that they were in the Clone Wars line, other than for certain minor details you could believe they were meant for the realistic line. Same thing goes for the Sith Witch in the Darth Maul BP - she's supposed to be a realistic figure, but she sufficiently fits the part of an animated nightsister. I expect that Krell will lean towards animated style, but will be able to be mistaken for a realistic Besalisk.
I can't see Embo or Saesee TIin from that comparison, unless you mean more along the lines of the outfits. as long as it looks pretty close to animated, I'll accept it. Well I guess i have to. Hasbro did the sneaky same thing with Chewbacca. With just some pint apps here and there, the CW Chewie could easily pass for a younger realistic style.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I guess I can't get too upset about the spider maul being realistic. They did give us cw maul pack. If krell is not animated I will go to my local tru and throw every star wars figure in the aisle lol
You're misunderstanding - I guess I should have said 'they once' said Krell was coming...and it didnt happen, so who knows if this Maul will ever happen, that was my point...

Reaction score
You're misunderstanding - I guess I should have said 'they once' said Krell was coming...and it didnt happen, so who knows if this Maul will ever happen, that was my point...
That is disappointing....
Here I thought they were once again confirming that we were going to get Krell

Reaction score
That would add some excitement to the Class II line. I'm hoping we see something along those lines and not just a rehash of ships we've seen over the past few years.

Reaction score
A 'trandoshan skiff' would prolly be the best TCW toy in a while, especially with one of the trando hunters as a pack in.

Reaction score
A 'trandoshan skiff' would prolly be the best TCW toy in a while, especially with one of the trando hunters as a pack in.
Let's get greedy, this would make for a sick UBP w/ trando skiff & another vehicle or prop, 2 trandos, 3x younglings, S3 Ahsoka (nobody would complain about that repack), & repacked Chewie

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's get greedy, this would make for a sick UBP w/ trando skiff & another vehicle or prop, 2 trandos, 3x younglings, S3 Ahsoka (nobody would complain about that repack), & repacked Chewie
Actually I would be all over that (cause of the younglings)

Reaction score
StarWars.com: How does it feel to know your character might appear in action figure form?
Andrew Kishino: Dave Filoni, the [supervising] director — I love that guy like a brother — he went around the room. We all had the opportunity to record as an ensemble, which was fantastic, because you get a better energy out of it. But he was going through each of our characters, and saying, “This is Saw, and this is what Saw’s about. This is the kind of guy he is and this is the arc that’s going to happen, and this is the role he plays in the universe. Oh, and he’s probably going to get a figure.”

So, it sounds like we may be getting a Saw Gerrera figure. I'm sure he wouldn't be top of everyone's list of wants for this line, but he'd be a damn sight better than most of what we got this year. I hope what Filoni said to Saw's voice-actor ends up true.

Last edited:
Reaction score
StarWars.com: How does it feel to know your character might appear in action figure form?
Andrew Kishino: Dave Filoni, the [supervising] director — I love that guy like a brother — he went around the room. We all had the opportunity to record as an ensemble, which was fantastic, because you get a better energy out of it. But he was going through each of our characters, and saying, “This is Saw, and this is what Saw’s about. This is the kind of guy he is and this is the arc that’s going to happen, and this is the role he plays in the universe. Oh, and he’s probably going to get a figure.”

So, it sounds like we may be getting a Saw Gerrera figure. I'm sure he wouldn't be top of everyone's list of wants for this line, but he'd be a damn sight better than most of what we got this year. I hope what Filoni said to Saw's voice-actor ends up true.
Excellent information ! But they have to bring Lux, Steela and at least a rebel fighter because Saw alone, it will be just curious and impossible to make a scene of Onderon.

Reaction score
Excellent information ! But they have to bring Lux, Steela and at least a rebel fighter because Saw alone, it will be just curious and impossible to make a scene of Onderon.
Agreed. Perhaps some sort of pack with Saw, Steela & Lux. That would make me happy enough, also a Rebel Fighter would be great too.

Reaction score
Interesting they say that Saw will get a figure.
There have been lots of characters that deserve figures, yet they want to put out Saw

Reaction score
I wouldn't call that a confirmation, that's the voice actor's speculation. At the rate we've seen Clone Wars figures since late 2011, I wouldn't hold my breath for Saw Gerrera.

Reaction score
How about a 4 pack of the three rebels Steela with her sniper gun, Lux with a blaster, Saw with a blaster and grenade and the Ahsoka with her sabers, a lil hologram with Anakin and that dandy lil cape on as the cherry on top. Lets make it in time for Christmas ok. Thanks

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind a Saw figure, though it will seem akward if they don't make Steela or Lux to go with him.

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Dave Filoni has any say over who gets made into action figure form. Talk of Lux or the Gerreras being made into action figures at this point is pretty delusional. Like people who talked about there being a serious chance of Father, Son and Daughter being made. At least the fantastical Trandoshan UBP people were just making up would have some cool alien characters. Three onderonian human/freedom fighter figures would be retail poison. Even as an exclusive. Look at how many of those Hostage Crisis and Hidden Enemy BPs that Target had to clearance. And those had a much more interesting variety of characters - clones and aliens and droids. PLUS we still haven't seen any real indication that Hasbro will be putting out any variety at all in the CW line for 2013. Sorry to be the wet blanket.

Reaction score

Honestly that just sounds like speculation on their part, just like any other character the "might probably" get a figure.
It probably depends heavily on just how many episodes he appears in, but given their track record who's to say.

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if we get any of those new characters (not that I want them), especially considering that Hasbro has ignored several Jedi, bounty hunters, and prominent villains...

I think Filoni may have once had an influence, considering all the Plo Koon figures (his favorite character) - but I dont think Hasbro cares what anyone wants anymore. By the look of the lineup, its almost as if they were planning on the show getting cancelled...

Reaction score
4 pack Saw, Steela, Lux, Ashoka
Now see that's something that doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Ahsoka is available as a basic figure, and IMO realistic human figure are lackluster and don't fit in with realistic collection.
I probably wouldn't even be interested if they were all realistic figures, they're all boring IMO.

Filoni being a Plo Koon fan doesn't mean that's why we've gotten so many figures of him, after all he's seen his fair share in realistic form too.
And just because you're a fan of a character shouldn't mean you should influence a figure of said character getting made vs another.

Reaction score
Filoni being a Plo Koon fan doesn't mean that's why we've gotten so many figures of him, after all he's seen his fair share in realistic form too.
And just because you're a fan of a character shouldn't mean you should influence a figure of said character getting made vs another.
It must be a coincidence! ;) Make no mistake though, LFL and Hasbro employees alike have had influence on what characters get released / made - just look at that Mandalorian multipack based on Hasbro employees - thats a blatant example. I'm sure the top brass at either company can have whatever they like made...

Reaction score
Guess that means we need less people that want to see their face on the figures and more people that want to see the actual characters out as figures
Seconded!
I don't mind the occasional homage to someone, but not everyone in the company should have their 15.
Especially Bob in accounting! lol

Figures that resemble Conan O'Brian, Steve Sansweet, GL, etc have a place as a novelty, but they shouldn't be put on a highly visible figure.
I think it's okay to make random soldiers such as rebel Commando, AT-ST Pilot, etc. look like someone you wouldn't recognize, so if they resemble certain employees that's fine with me.

Reaction score
Conan had a figure too? I know John Stewart got one..
Something like that, you throw the stormtrooper helmet over top and no one even sees the face under it