News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
Since we've hit the limit, it's time for a new thread.

Here is the list (copied from the v5 thread)

LAST UPDATE: 13 January, 2011

2011 & Beyond News & Rumor Central - CW Edition
This is a thread where we will keep track and house all of the information collected on the 2011 and beyond CW line. I’ll keep the main list updated as new things come along, so this will be a living, evolving list - check back often to see updates. Any tips that you might have will be appreciated. If I missed anything just post it below, and I’ll get it worked into the main list. Make sure to provide source links any time you add a new piece of information. Or if you want to keep it anonymous - send me a PM and we'll work out the details from there.

Confirmed Products

Shadows of the Darkside Packaging - Wave 6
Estimated On Shelf: ??/2011
CW38: Clone Commander Jet
CW39: Hondo Ohnaka
CW40: Obi-Wan Kenobi
CW41: Clone Trooper Hevy (Training Gear)
CW42: Cad Bane & TODO-360
CW43: R7-A7

Figure & Vehicle Packs
Jesse w/ BARC Speeder Bike
Geonosian Drone w/ Separatist Speeder (TRU Exclusive)

Figure Two Packs
ARF Trooper Waxer & Battle Droid
Special Operations Trooper & Geonosian Drone

Basic Figures Confirmed, No Wave Information
CW44: Ahsoka Tano (Season 3.5)
CW45: Anakin Skywalker (Season 3.5)
CW46: Aqua Droid
CW47: El-Les
CW48: Clone Commander Wolffe
CW49: Riot Control Clone Trooper
CW50: Barriss Offee
CW51: Eeth Koth
CW52: Clone Commander Colt
Red Leader
Saesee Tiin
Clone Trooper R7
Plo Koon
Savage Oppress
Stealth Operations Clone
Kit Fisto w/ "Gear"
Seripas
Captain Rex w/ Jet Pack

Confirmed Battlepacks
Army of the Republic

Confirmed Vehicles
Jedi Turbo Speeder
Droid Bomber
Tri-Droid Repaint

Exclusives
Commander Lock - K-Mart Exclusive

Long Range Confirmations
Cad Bane in Clone Trooper Disguise - likely in a Battlepack
ARC Troopers - 11/23 Q&A
Ryloth Clone Troopers (2012) - 11/23 Q&A

Basic Figure Rumors
Echo in Bric Armor Curto Tweet 9/24/2010 - Note that everything else in the Curto Tweets from last September was confirmed in the WalMart computer pull that makes up the confirmed list above

Battlepack Rumors

Two-Pack/Multi-Pack/Figure & Vehicle and Similar Non-Basic Figure Rumors

Vehicle Rumors
Large, unspecified CW related vehicle, under $100 price point

Inactive Rumors
All information below this line is from the previous version of the list - is any of the below information still valid?

Vehicles - Rumors
Advance Spider Droid
AT-CT (Source)
Republic Gunship
Saesee Tiin's Jedi Interceptor

Older Figure Rumors
1138 Droid (Source)
ATA Trooper (Rumoured by Curto's 20.1.09 Spy Report)
Clone Engineer
Clone Officer (Rumoured by Curto's 20.1.09 Spy Report)
Clone Trooper
Durge
LaVonde (Rumoured by Curto's 20.1.09 Spy Report)
Mace Windu (Hologram)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Hologram)
Palpatine
R2-KT (Source
Senator Amidala
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
Looks like we will not be seeing any figures or vehicles from the Season 3 final aside from Chewie and no Republic Gunships until 2013.

1) We have seen numerous Republic Gunships in Season 2 and Season 3 of The Clone Wars and some of them had some fantastic nose art. One of them that comes to mind is Ki Adi Mundi's LAAT from Landing at Point Rain (We believe it is called the Separtist Nightmare) that has the great image of a Clone Trooper Helmet as a kind of Skull. Is there any chance we will see this or any other version of a Gunship being released soon so we can transport our Clones to the planet's surface?

Love this topic. A Republic Gunship is not currently planned for 2012, but perhaps 2013…

2) Having recently finished up viewing the Season 3 Finale of The Clone Wars with the Episodes Padawan Lost and Wookie Hunt we were immersed into the history of the Trandoshans versus the Wookies. Hands down I think I can speak for everyone when I say I would love to see specific figures and vehicles made for every character in these episodes and was wondering if you could release any specific details on which Trandoshans/Wookies are going to be made and if we are going to see any of the great Trandoshan Skiffs (MSP80 Pteroptors) perhaps in a battlepack or in a mini-rig vehicle offering?

We agree that many of these vehicles and characters were fantastic. However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line.
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
1,764
Reaction score
0
Location
Kashyyyk with the wookiees
Halomite said:
Looks like we will not be seeing any figures or vehicles from the Season 3 final aside from Chewie and no Republic Gunships until 2013.

1) We have seen numerous Republic Gunships in Season 2 and Season 3 of The Clone Wars and some of them had some fantastic nose art. One of them that comes to mind is Ki Adi Mundi's LAAT from Landing at Point Rain (We believe it is called the Separtist Nightmare) that has the great image of a Clone Trooper Helmet as a kind of Skull. Is there any chance we will see this or any other version of a Gunship being released soon so we can transport our Clones to the planet's surface?

Love this topic. A Republic Gunship is not currently planned for 2012, but perhaps 2013…

2) Having recently finished up viewing the Season 3 Finale of The Clone Wars with the Episodes Padawan Lost and Wookie Hunt we were immersed into the history of the Trandoshans versus the Wookies. Hands down I think I can speak for everyone when I say I would love to see specific figures and vehicles made for every character in these episodes and was wondering if you could release any specific details on which Trandoshans/Wookies are going to be made and if we are going to see any of the great Trandoshan Skiffs (MSP80 Pteroptors) perhaps in a battlepack or in a mini-rig vehicle offering?

We agree that many of these vehicles and characters were fantastic. However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line.
It's a shame ! How Hasbro can say that ! They loose their minds
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
1,828
Reaction score
46
CaptainRex2a said:
Halomite said:
Looks like we will not be seeing any figures or vehicles from the Season 3 final aside from Chewie and no Republic Gunships until 2013.

1) We have seen numerous Republic Gunships in Season 2 and Season 3 of The Clone Wars and some of them had some fantastic nose art. One of them that comes to mind is Ki Adi Mundi's LAAT from Landing at Point Rain (We believe it is called the Separtist Nightmare) that has the great image of a Clone Trooper Helmet as a kind of Skull. Is there any chance we will see this or any other version of a Gunship being released soon so we can transport our Clones to the planet's surface?

Love this topic. A Republic Gunship is not currently planned for 2012, but perhaps 2013…

2) Having recently finished up viewing the Season 3 Finale of The Clone Wars with the Episodes Padawan Lost and Wookie Hunt we were immersed into the history of the Trandoshans versus the Wookies. Hands down I think I can speak for everyone when I say I would love to see specific figures and vehicles made for every character in these episodes and was wondering if you could release any specific details on which Trandoshans/Wookies are going to be made and if we are going to see any of the great Trandoshan Skiffs (MSP80 Pteroptors) perhaps in a battlepack or in a mini-rig vehicle offering?

We agree that many of these vehicles and characters were fantastic. However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line.
It's a shame ! How Hasbro can say that ! They loose their minds
I agree! I mean, look how many figures we have gotten (With more still to come) that we got on the Clone arc (Season 3 premiere) at the start of season 3! That arc is the same amount of time as the season 3 finale with less interesting characters and yet a lot of characters got made in figures from that, so why not the season finale as well? It certainly had more action packed things that could be made than the season premier!
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
That's too bad. The Trandoshan skiffs seem perfect for the deluxe line...
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
Halomite said:
"However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line."
B.S. How can they explain the new Republic Scout Speeder with ARF that has never been in an episode then? Or the AT-RT with ARF in Keeli deco? Or Greivious' donut shaped speeder, again never in a TCW episode. Anti-Hailfire Squad anybody? They have time to make those though.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
8,699
Reaction score
0
Location
Kitchener, Ont
"However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line."

Ok here's a question. What was their focus before and what is their focus now???
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,621
Reaction score
8
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
I can usually understand the logic behind most of Hasbro's decisions/stances on which figures they produce or choose not to pursue, but this one has me stunned. That makes no sense at all. This episode has to be among the most memorable and delivered some figures that seem perfectly suited to be turned into really fun and unique toys, but they're choosing to ignore it?!?!
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
They're not ignoring Chewbacca, and he probably didn't even have as much screen-time as some of the Trandoshans (definitely not compared to the Trandoshans as a whole!). Why WOULDN'T they make at least ONE Trandoshan hunter for Chewie to toss around??

Krayt's got a good point, too: what the hell was their focus before? Seems like the same excuse they gave when people asked for Satine and other one-off characters like Nahdar Vebb, which implies it's the same focus they had back in 08/09, and not 'new' at all.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
8,699
Reaction score
0
Location
Kitchener, Ont
I am just really confused on what they are "focusing" on. They wanted vehicles that appeared in many episodes yet we never got the Twilight. They want characters that reappear but no Satine. They don't want one and done figures but we got Embo, Serpias, Cato, El-Les, etc. I am not saying those figures shouldn't have been made, quite the opposite, those are some great figures. I would just like clarity as to what we can expect from the new "focus". Does this mean moving forward we are only gettin Anakin, Obi, Ahsoka, Rex, Yoda and battle droids? I know they want the figures to be widely known but seriously some of the best figures they have made in the line are the characters that have one episode. Embo and Cato in my mind are two of the best figures they have produced. I am not a huge Clone Wars figures collector and basically getting these characters that don't hit the realistic version, so if they stop making the obscure figures then I might not collect anything from this line.
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Location
Marietta/Woodstock, GA
Exactly, the figures that are selling through are the one and done characters. I can walk in to any store and pick up a new Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Clone... etc. Elles? NO. Boba? Never saw one. Even Ki-Adi Mundi is gone already. The only main character that sells through as well as these guys is Ahsoka Tano. The line would be quite boring without these tertiary characters.
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
0
Location
Land of the Free
I agree with you all. As much as my son and I love all the Clones, the other characters need to be made into figures also. Hasbro has done a great job with TCW line, they need to keep the character variations coming.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,067
Reaction score
75
hesnojedi said:
Exactly, the figures that are selling through are the one and done characters. I can walk in to any store and pick up a new Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Clone... etc. Elles? NO. Boba? Never saw one. Even Ki-Adi Mundi is gone already. The only main character that sells through as well as these guys is Ahsoka Tano. The line would be quite boring without these tertiary characters.
Very true, and Hasbro doesnt give collectors enough credit for buying CW figures, but I see collectors cleaning out the pegs before kids ever even get a crack at them.

I went shopping with my nephew because he wanted to use a giftcard, he picked up all CW figures: the new Anakin, new Bane, new Grievous, new Yoda, and the new version of Kit. Now, all of these figures are cool, but he has numerous versions of all of these characters already. He actually wanted the figures that I want and cant find: Barriss, Eeth, Colt, and he wanted a Visla (which is long gone). Hasbro should never have more repacks in a case than new figures.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
j30spiff said:
I agree with you all. As much as my son and I love all the Clones, the other characters need to be made into figures also. Hasbro has done a great job with TCW line, they need to keep the character variations coming.
The trouble is kids love weird and wacky type characters, the more unusual the character the more interesting it becomes. If Hasbro doesn't toss us and the kids a bone every few waves then they'll slowly kill this line off with the same endless figures.
 
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
325
Reaction score
0
On seeing the answer to the Trandoshan question I really don't understand Hasbro's Business ethics at all, I was always under the impression that manufacturers worked to the ethos of Supply and Demand, So we the customer Adult and Child collectors have a reasonable demand for Trandoshan Characters of which there are twelve individuals and their Vehicals along with Wookies hasbro should therefore be chomping at the bit to supply these products in the view to obtaining our Cash thus gaining easy profit ( In the true Neimoidian way)
, yet they would rather risk their precious buget on items namley Deluxe Vehicals which their main customers KIDS have no connection with because the items have never seen the light of day on screen. WHY!!!! I just don't understand
 
Joined
Dec 24, 2000
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego, CA
Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!

[/QUOTE]

Link

Speculate away!!!
 
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
1,247
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Dark_Jedi said:
Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!
Link

Speculate away!!!

[/QUOTE]
How about realistic/vintage figures done in the Clone Wars style...For CW collectors and kids...
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,067
Reaction score
75
QWONOS said:
How about realistic/vintage figures done in the Clone Wars style...For CW collectors and kids...
I think Hasbro addressed that a few years back - they dont have permission from LFL to do that, nor is there any media to support it. If there were an animated show based on OT characters that would be one thing, but as it stands, we dont even get all the characters we want from the CW series itself...
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
0
Has anyone checked out the Extended Season 4 Trailer on Starwars.com yet? Pretty exciting stuff in it. In the summary, it says that it premiered at Star Wars weekends.
 
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
One big dissapointment from hasbro that i can see them doing when making clone wars characters in the vintage line is that they would come out with characters we wanted in the clone wars line but never got them. IDK what Hasbro plans, but if this is the case...i will be angry for i am not much of a realistic style fan ever since the clone wars aired.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Dark_Jedi said:
Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!
Speculate away!!!

[/QUOTE]
"Core"... Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane... and probably Anakin and/or Obi-Wan. Which could both be cool, but with a limited number of Clone Wars figures in VC, the less clones, Skywalkers, and Kenobis, the better. Rex kinda has to be done, but he should be the only clone until some of the other cool characters get made.
 
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
8,678
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle, WA
Toonimator said:
Dark_Jedi said:
Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!
Speculate away!!!
"Core"... Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane... and probably Anakin and/or Obi-Wan. Which could both be cool, but with a limited number of Clone Wars figures in VC, the less clones, Skywalkers, and Kenobis, the better. Rex kinda has to be done, but he should be the only clone until some of the other cool characters get made.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty excited for this. I think they'll look awesome on vintage cards.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,621
Reaction score
8
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
darth_nihilus23 said:
One big dissapointment from hasbro that i can see them doing when making clone wars characters in the vintage line is that they would come out with characters we wanted in the clone wars line but never got them. IDK what Hasbro plans, but if this is the case...i will be angry for i am not much of a realistic style fan ever since the clone wars aired.
I wouldn't worry. That possibility is years away from happening, if at all. I do think some characters like Satine have a better shot at emerging in a collector oriented line than one aimed squarely at kids, but Hasbro is also going to be cautious and test the waters with big hitters first, using this as an excuse to refresh perennial sellers like our heroes and cool looking clones. At best they'll drip feed these out, so I think it'll be years before they have the confidence to do characters that are so far down the list as to have not even made it into the kid's line, and that's assuming everything goes well.

Three from now, as we really, really scrape the barrel for fresh movie figure candidates, then I think it's natural to expect realistic CW figures will gradually faze in an take up a larger, more permanent position in the line, but it's gonna take a while to get to that point. The show is well liked, but it's still new. For now, I doubt CW figures in realistic form will be much more than occasional, scattered in curiosities, much like the concept art figures were in years past. If they prove to be a hit, then we should expect more, which would make me happy as it's the obscure ones I want, but I am resigned to waiting a long time for those.

What I am curious to see is whether figures like Rex and Cody will be packed with both helmet styles in their bubbles, as per Fordo in VC wave 7, or if Hasbro will use the excuse to release them twice? One of the recent Q&As seemed to suggest to me they may come with both helmets. I hope so anyhow.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,792
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
ReverendStrone said:
What I am curious to see is whether figures like Rex and Cody will be packed with both helmet styles in their bubbles, as per Fordo in VC wave 7, or if Hasbro will use the excuse to release them twice? One of the recent Q&As seemed to suggest to me they may come with both helmets. I hope so anyhow.
Me too, it would be a bummer if they didn't!
Although maybe then it would give us a second chance at the figure, since they're so hard to come by these days!
 
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Hasbro really needs to release some new figures, this has been a boring year so far with the same items on shelves for months.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,792
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
You know I would have loved this about two years ago, but sadly I don't have my stuff set up in displays anymore due to space. So again I'll have to pass due to circumstances.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Looks good but don't have the room to display it properly atm.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeville,MN
From Curto on the front page:

Our rebel spies have sliced the holonet once again and sent in a report of what appears to be 2 new 2-packs coming soon. All that is known right now is that these are said to be focused on the "Legacy of Terror" and "Brain Invaders" episodes. Who will make up these sets? Let the speculation begin.


Repacks? I remember a photo surfacing of one of the clones from the medical frigate showing up a couple weeks ago.
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
1,828
Reaction score
46
Zylek said:
From Curto on the front page:

Our rebel spies have sliced the holonet once again and sent in a report of what appears to be 2 new 2-packs coming soon. All that is known right now is that these are said to be focused on the "Legacy of Terror" and "Brain Invaders" episodes. Who will make up these sets? Let the speculation begin.


Repacks? I remember a photo surfacing of one of the clones from the medical frigate showing up a couple weeks ago.
I bet the Legacy Of Terror one will be a re-pack, other than Poggle and Karina (Who wouldn't go well as a figure), there isn't anything new to do. If we're lucky, we might get a troop building re-pack like a 212th Clone and Undead Geonosian, but I can see it being Luminara and Undead Geonosian.

As for Brain Invaders, this can't be a complete re-pack due to we know Scythe is likely to be in this one, so I bet the other figure would be another Tango Company Clone (Preferablly Havoc or Trap).
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
6,872
Reaction score
30
so i am thinking "legacy of terror": gearshift and luminaria(sp?) or zombie geonosian and then for "brain invaders" scythe and barriss.
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
The Brain Invaders one will include Clone Trooper Scythe we've seen on eBay these last few weeks.
 
Top