New Year Limelight - MECCANO 12 first figures on 20 backs cards

Reaction score
Hi fellow board members :sneaky:.

It's been a long time since I haven't posted a cool limelight, but it is quite difficult to do better than my 2008 Trilogo set feature...

Here's a special quick showcase which I had in mind as a little New Year gift: picture of my set of the first 12 figures on Meccano square 20-backs cards.

These are not particularly ultra-rare, and most rebelscumers have several in their collection, but it takes several years to complete the set of these 12 figures and it's always a treat to see them all in a shot o-o

So... enjoy!

Reaction score
AMAZING. Have been considering putting together a set of these myself.

To see them all together in one place is really inspiring.

Reaction score
That is a beautiful set of the first 12. I'd love to see a pic of the second 8 along side these. Kudos.

Regards

Grant.

Reaction score
A stunning looking set, look great together. It's brill to see sets from different countries and languages, just showing what a worldwide cultural phenomenon SW was and still is.
I have considered starting a Meccano collection myself in the past and looking at these i'm wondering why i didn't get beyond the Jawa lol.
Price was probably a factor :hmm:

i got a carded jawa like the one your showing for 36 pounds .
I'm sure a few have but not really relevant to state the price is it :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Great looking set. What are some of the harder to find Meccano 20backs?Ryan

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi fellow board members :sneaky:.

It's been a long time since I haven't posted a cool limelight, but it is quite difficult to do better than my 2008 Trilogo set feature...

Here's a special quick showcase which I had in mind as a little New Year gift: picture of my set of the first 12 figures on Meccano square 20-backs cards.

These are not particularly ultra-rare, and most rebelscumers have several in their collection, but it takes several years to complete the set of these 12 figures and it's always a treat to see them all in a shot o-o

So... enjoy!

Thats amazing.

What kind of price would we be looking at for all of these as an estimate.

Fantastic- congrats :)

Reaction score
Awesome!!!!

They look great together as a set and individually. Very nice. Congrats on this. Now, we need to see the full 20 MOCs for this entire run ....

Cheers, Mark

Reaction score
Those square cards are really neat. Have you found a power droid yet? Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Reaction score
Wow, they look awesome together! I think it's quite a challenge to put together a full set. There are some very rare pieces to hunt down.

Thanks for sharing:grin:

Reaction score
Wow. The Meccano square 20-backs cards one of my favourite Star Wars lines. I would love to put this run together myself but Its is quite a daunting task. For now I'll just enjoy looking at yours! Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
That's a great set Stephane! I look forward to seeing more. :)

Reaction score
This is all you have to show ? Just these ? Really ?
Luke , Han , Vader , Stormtrooper . Just these four alone are rare as heck . I have never seen these 12 in one place at one time . Amazing .
Someone break out the squeegee to mop out the drool . Get out the shamWow for our mouths please .
It is simply amazing to see what you see on these boards .
Good Lord .

HWR

Reaction score
Amazing to see all 12 of them together, thanks for sharing Stephane.

The only one of them, I have seen irl is the Jawa, they were actually sold up here in Denmark, remember they had them in 1987 when Star Wars was on it's way out of the stores. Unfortunately, I never bought one of them.

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the feedbacks, here are a few replies :p

As I wrote, many of these cards are already in different collections, but I realized that (appart from my book, which was separate pictures), I had never seen a single picture with all 12, this is why I went for this limelight.

Regarding rarity, it is quite difficult to set with Meccano cards, because except Ben and Jawa, they are all difficult to come by. I would say the rarers are Luke and Vader, but maybe it's just because they are the most 'popular' and change hands much less than others?

On all the 20-backs the rarer is by all means Luke x-Wing Pilot - it is incredibly scarce, but even if my bubble is opened, I have never seen an other example as perfect / mint as mine.

Brenn noticed that this set is different from my book; good point, that's correct. The only cards same as in my book are Jawa and Solo, all the others have been upgraded - and my book also featured some items I had traded before doing it, which I photographed before...

Unfortunatly, appart from putting together different pictures, I won't be able to showcase all 20-backs because I never collected the Cantina Aliens... just by choice... but maybe I should have kept them when I had them in hands?

To another reply, yes I also found the Power Droid ;) and... Boba Fett, which is a ESB card in French.

stephane

Reaction score
Oh, now this is awesome!! I have a thing for non-USA released items and I already picked up a Jawa Meccano on the card in my new passion for collecting SW. The collection in this thread has blown my mind! I will refer to it often as I see about finding more of these French wonders! Thanks for sharing! -- Bryan