New vader prototype

Reaction score
I thought entertainment earth announced they will list these after comic con.

Has anyone else heard this or any news?

Target is for the birds

Is there anyone here that actually bought 1 besides darthpete
Entertainment Earth was the vendor at SDCC. Now that the show is over, it moves to a Target exclusive.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is hasbro or targets doing but I'm not impressed .

These have come and gone 3 times now on target.com for 3 days in a row. Something is really odd and off with this. All of us looking have had issues and I have only heard 1 success story

Reaction score
Makes me want to go to taco bell and eat 20 dollars worth of burritos, then try on their pants for an hour or two....lol

Reaction score
As much as I want to blame target, it's the scalpers that killed it.

I was looking through the eBay listings . There is a seller that has 8 available with a 27 sold already. This is only one seller. There are a bunch with over 10 available. So much for limited purchases. That one IS targets fault.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is hasbro or targets doing but I'm not impressed .

These have come and gone 3 times now on target.com for 3 days in a row. Something is really odd and off with this. All of us looking have had issues and I have only heard 1 success story
I would like to know if anyone was able to buy them yesterday... the 8 available... then 2 available... then sold out... I wonder if there was something wrong with Target.com yesterday... I was checking frequently.

Reaction score
There are more than 64...lol i was making a joke like the famous 64 color crayola box...
I would be both mad and traumatized by this. But now I wish that Crayola would do a campaign where they will make you a 3 3/4" scale "Crayola frozen" Han Solo figure. One where you choose the colors and they will wrap it in plastic so it does not break.

Plus I am too broke to care. So broke that even eBay says that I cannot spend time there. :disgusted:

Reaction score
"So broke that even eBay says that I cannot spend time there. :disgusted: " From Your_Scoundrel

Ahh Haaa Your_Scoundrel

You should start a vintage collector crowd funding!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey that's an idea.

I can start a go fund me page for an early bird set.

Reaction score
So is this sale over and gone. Haven't heard any news or updates . Target just has sold out on the page. I also only see it because it's saved.

If I look for it on a search , it doesn't come up.

Reaction score
Hi Toyman

I cant find it on their app or website either. I clicked on the link in an earlier thread here and that's how I found it.

Reaction score
Hi Toyman

I cant find it on their app or website either. I clicked on the link in an earlier thread here and that's how I found it.
It’s on their website, but it says it is “currently unavailable”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So this figure was supposed to be available in store today. Many reports from across the country are people leaving empty handed. Yakface did post one photo of a store with them in stock, and apparently that store got six cases.

Also, after hearing at SDCC there are 3600 possible combinations, Yakface is also reporting they settled on....... 18. That's it, folks. All those possibilities, knowing you could have something truly unique, or maybe one or two others exist.... NOPE. 18 variants.

Reaction score
I just got back for Tampa Comic Con. There was a guy that had atleast 20 of them at 60 bucks a pop. And yes, they were selling.

Reaction score
Just insane $60 a pop I can get many Jedi carded for that!
Agreed. And to avoid all reasons why I have edited my response, the constant thought that the seller did it was because these figures debuted at SDCC. Something that makes me want to avoid collecting anything that is first seen as an exclusive there. Because seriously, you can buy an entire run of Star Wars Resistance figures for that price. And a smaller number of G.I. Joe figures, a few Transformers, or even a few TVC pieces. Including ones that Hasbro retired long ago.

So yeah... That level of insanity has me feel like me collecting OT stuff is now a mistake. And that is all I will say unless I am asked to say more. :\

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the target update sent to my email. I got one and in less the 10 minutes, they were gone again.

This just happened this morning.

Anyone have any luck?

Reaction score
Yeah my guess is that Target didn’t learn and didn’t put a limit in place again. I have all but given up on this figure the scalpers have won, sadly. What a cluster.

I have the target update sent to my email. I got one and in less the 10 minutes, they were gone again.

This just happened this morning.

Anyone have any luck?

Reaction score
I don't know why scalpers are buying these now. The prices are 35 free ship or lower on ebay and they're just sitting there.

Reaction score
They're also around $20 shipped loose from the Far East. I'm waiting for retail - I wont support scalpers in any way. Plus, $13 is plenty for this repaint of sorts, it probably cost Hasbro a cool 50 cents per figure to produce these, lol.

Reaction score
If these eventually wind up flooding retail and dropping in price... without question I'm buying a bunch and making solid color vader figures.

Cause I'm a straight gangster like that.

Reaction score
If these eventually wind up flooding retail and dropping in price... without question I'm buying a bunch and making solid color vader figures.

Ok, this is the exact reason why we need the like button back!

LIKE :grin:

Reaction score
They're also around $20 shipped loose from the Far East. I'm waiting for retail - I wont support scalpers in any way. Plus, $13 is plenty for this repaint of sorts, it probably cost Hasbro a cool 50 cents per figure to produce these, lol.
tunghori is a trusted seller amongst Star Wars collectors. They typically sell things for a fair market price without gouging too much. The Vintage Collection figures that typically sell for $60 loose, they'll sell for around $20.

Reaction score
I was able to order 8 Darth Vaders on Monday.
Did you really have to rub that in when most of us have zero? And there was a limit of 2? When i scored a bunch of retros i did the right thing and posted them here for cost plus shipping. So much for karma....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been checking daily with no luck. It did come up yesterday but it wouldn't let me add to cart. This happened before to a few of us. Not sure what's going on.

Reaction score
Did you really have to rub that in when most of us have zero? And there was a limit of 2? When i scored a bunch of retros i did the right thing and posted them here for cost plus shipping. So much for karma....

Your karma will pay off.

If I get through, I will get you one.

Reaction score
Same here Toyman you are still first on the list.

Last edited:
Reaction score

For some reason today it occurred to me how similar this is to:
"We had part of a Slinky... But I straightened it." -Egon Spengler

Reaction score
I'd kinda like to assemble at least one Vader in a solid color. The only problem is I don't think these guys are going to be just a simple boil and pop. I have a feeling it's going to be a crack open the torso kind of thing. I'm not good at that at all.

Reaction score
got my 2 in from Target today. Had them sent to the store and they arrived with perfect condition card-backs and bubbles!

Reaction score
This fig is so oddball and strange, I really kind of love it. I initially ordered just one off ebay, but quickly broke down to order another to keep carded. (My opener has an orange head, yellow torso with a purple saber. Carded has a turquoise head with a red body.) Personally, I love all the crazy colors. I know, I know, the design is really kinda extreme. No actual prototype was EVER quite this multicolor. But I appreciate the concept. Plus, the look is VERY pop art. Kinda Andy Warhol, somehow.
Definitely the most interesting figure I’ve picked up in a long, long while. A very fun addition to the Retro Line which also includes (in my opinion) the mail away Boba Fett from a few years back. So we now have a total of nine figures. Sure would love to see more. Very excited to collect this entire subline. It just... really takes me back.

Reaction score
They sent an email alert at 10:05, and sold out by 10:20 .. needless to say, I missed it again. Why are these still flying off the shelf?