New vader prototype

Reaction score
I am interested in these because I feel it's part of the retro line. Has anyone seen the back of the card art work.

I'm hoping for some spoilers for the retro line soon, and hopefully in the next week or so with SDCC coming up.

I can't imagine this will have any info about other Retro figures on the back. I'm sure it will be a description of why they did this, and what it represents. I'm on the fence about buying it.... but I might try to get one or two. I had been curious of we would see such variants as a figure coming in all one color. According to that interview, solid colors won't happen. But I would kind of like to see one with a pair of arms or legs the same color.

Reaction score
Target listed it on their site:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-...3-75-34-action-figure-sdcc-debut/-/A-76167105

It is just a coming soon page, but you can check it periodically or if you hear something you can pre-order easier!

EDIT: oops did not someone already posted this! I always click on the "Got to first new post" link on the main forum section page, and for whatever reason, it took me past unread messages!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone able to pre-order this? I set my alarm for every hour starting at midnight only to find it was sold out around 3 AM CST. Unbelievable. I guess I'll have to hit the stores on 8/2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No luck either.

Started hitting the page at midnight, then 1 o'clock. Woke up at 6 and they were gone.

Reaction score
I watched and waited. Then they were sold out. That's all I can confirm.

Scalpers are buying these up and they're going to auction. They should of had a 1 figure per customer to slow it down.

Reaction score
As I stated in another forum thread I was watching this item after midnight est. on internet and phone. Around 3 am I went to check again and it showed coming soon... then after refreshing about 3:07 am est it showed out of stock... I never saw it go in stock... Either they were all bought up by a few people or a computer with a program running bought entire stock... this is ridiculous.... I don't know why people complain about Hasbro not showing new product as convention... they can't get ANY NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL... NONE …. NONE AT ALL... Stuff from first wave of vintage collection is still on shelves at WALMART, MEIJER, TARGET, ETC... Star Wars Collecting is being destroyed by Hasbro's Retail approach.

Reaction score
As I stated in another forum thread I was watching this item after midnight est. on internet and phone. Around 3 am I went to check again and it showed coming soon... then after refreshing about 3:07 am est it showed out of stock... I never saw it go in stock... Either they were all bought up by a few people or a computer with a program running bought entire stock... this is ridiculous.... I don't know why people complain about Hasbro not showing new product as convention... they can't get ANY NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL... NONE …. NONE AT ALL... Stuff from first wave of vintage collection is still on shelves at WALMART, MEIJER, TARGET, ETC... Star Wars Collecting is being destroyed by Hasbro's Retail approach.
Forgive my ignorance please.

I'm not a modern collector so I don't really follow retail formats.

If I'm reading threads correct , this will be available later on down the line and may even end up as peg warmers.
So, it's just the initial releases that are hard to get a hold of, is this correct ?

Reaction score
They'll be available at retail (Target), after first being online - just like the Retro collection. I'm surprised people are getting worked up, simply don't purchase them from scalpers and be patient, you'll most likely find it at Target. I agree there should have been a limit of 2 per customer, just like at Hasbro Pulse. When Hasbro realizes the demand though, they'll likely allow more to be released via online fan channels. Retro was on Targets website, then Target stores, now its going to EE. Hasbro would be foolish not to sell as many as demand permits.

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance please.

I'm not a modern collector so I don't really follow retail formats.

If I'm reading threads correct , this will be available later on down the line and may even end up as peg warmers.
So, it's just the initial releases that are hard to get a hold of, is this correct ?
I know this retro line is a modern version of classic vintage... I am complaining about modern vintage, retro, etc. The fact is unlike when classic vintage was at retail and even the modern vintage 2010 version... you could find much of the collection at retail brick and mortar… now they make so many exclusives TARGET, WALMART, CONVENTIONS, ETC... collecting it becoming very difficult... if you can't find it online... you probably will have a hard time finding it.

Also I never saw the initial release of the retro line at target... who know if it will ever show up again?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, all this is new for me.

I did buy the game online from target, found my 6 at target on the release date but they only had 2 boxes. I could have easily bought both, but I'm not that way.

I'm hoping these will be available at some point.

Reaction score
The only retro figure I have been able to acquire is the Tarkin in the board game... ordered it from Target-com.... I did see some on the shelves, probably because if I remember correctly, they were stocked with the games instead of being with the other Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I think all that's confirmed right now is the pre-sale date. I don't believe there is a concrete confirmation that these will be available again either online or in stores. It could just be the first wave of them, but with Hasbro who knows. I'm sure whatever conversations are going on in their corporate offices makes sense to them.

Reaction score
You would think that Target would want to have a supply to meet demand considering they were exclusive to Target.

Reaction score
Ok, I signed up for the target notification and I got one this morning at 4 am. I went to the site around 7 and they were gone again .

I called customer service to see what was going on and she said they went very quickly. She also said more are coming in.

Just keep checking.

What a P.I.T.A.

Reaction score
I think all that's confirmed right now is the pre-sale date. I don't believe there is a concrete confirmation that these will be available again either online or in stores. It could just be the first wave of them, but with Hasbro who knows. I'm sure whatever conversations are going on in their corporate offices makes sense to them.
These aren't presale. They have them and they are already shipping.

According to target.

Reaction score
I jave a feeling that fresh stock appears periodically. It happened with the retros.

Reaction score
Well, if anyone gets lucky and feels like grabbing a extra, I would buy it.

I can do the same if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Ok, I signed up for the target notification and I got one this morning at 4 am. I went to the site around 7 and they were gone again .

I called customer service to see what was going on and she said they went very quickly. She also said more are coming in.

Just keep checking.

What a P.I.T.A.
Interestingly, I had also signed up for in-stock notification. I happened to wake up at 4:05am EST, I checked the time on my phone and at that moment got the in stock notice. Bleary eyed I stumbled my way through an order for two. If I had been a little more alert I would have grabbed some extras for others here but I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. It wasn't until I got up at 7:15 that I realized I didn't even remember how much they had cost.

Reaction score
Interestingly, I had also signed up for in-stock notification. I happened to wake up at 4:05am EST, I checked the time on my phone and at that moment got the in stock notice. Bleary eyed I stumbled my way through an order for two. If I had been a little more alert I would have grabbed some extras for others here but I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. It wasn't until I got up at 7:15 that I realized I didn't even remember how much they had cost.

I hope they stop this middle of the night nonsense

Reaction score

Found it on ebay - not sure why Hasbro didn't have the back on display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fun.

Ok I will be the one to start the stupid rumors .

Does this mean they may release a Ben to go with him, lol:grin:

Reaction score
So I just wanted to post something kind of fun. It's slightly off topic, but not really. Considering the bright colors of this figure, and how it's supposed to represent a Prototype. Most of the multi color prototypes come from the POTF2 and newer lines. Although, back in the early Kenner days, they didn't really care what color plastic was in the molds for the figures being Vac-Metal finished. I found the figure I'm about to show you a few years ago on ebay. I could tell from the seller photos that it had a rather unique color under the chrome silver. It was a pretty rough figure, and I got it cheap. I knew my plan was to soak it in some brake fluid to remove the chrome and see exactly what it would look like. Here it is.....

Reaction score
Pretty interesting.

So this is a normal figure and after using breakfluid , this is the end result.

I'm wondering if all the deathstar droids are the same.

Reaction score
Pretty interesting.

So this is a normal figure and after using breakfluid , this is the end result.

I'm wondering if all the deathstar droids are the same.
Yes. I put him in brake fluid overnight, then used a nylon brush wheel in my dremel tool. I can also tell you than not all of them look like this. I have another that is a milky white plastic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is a recipe for the silver version of threepio....its so easy.....put him in alcohol. It removes the gold only and leaves the vac metal silver...��

Reaction score
Next Sunday...https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-...3-75-34-action-figure-sdcc-debut/-/A-76167105
I do hope it's not difficult to find, as I think casual collectors will pass on it.

Darth Crayola has 64 variants....lol I hope he comes with various saber colors, I want a green saber to make a Luke Jedi slide saber....
Belated thanks. I ended up buying a MISB "Shadows of the Empire" Slave I a few days later so there was no chance for me to have 64 Darth Crayolas. Not that I spent a lot on it. Just that I could not spend nearly $700 on that many versions of one figure. Plus now I am wondering if I need a house to mortgage if I want to use eBay as a way to complete this set. :ninja:

So... Did anybody get lucky when it comes to getting one or more? (Sorry if there are replies to that. I have not looked that far ahead in this topic.)

Reaction score
Belated thanks. I ended up buying a MISB "Shadows of the Empire" Slave I a few days later so there was no chance for me to have 64 Darth Crayolas. Not that I spent a lot on it. Just that I could not spend nearly $700 on that many versions of one figure. Plus now I am wondering if I need a house to mortgage if I want to use eBay as a way to complete this set. :ninja:

So... Did anybody get lucky when it comes to getting one or more? (Sorry if there are replies to that. I have not looked that far ahead in this topic.)
There are more than 64...lol i was making a joke like the famous 64 color crayola box...

Reaction score
No. It said that last time it sold out. Mine still has the button...

Reaction score
Yep I have the button now that says only 2 left... but when you push it... 0 left in stock... ridiculous!!!

Reaction score
Now it’s back to sold out without the notify button

anyone else see this

Reaction score
Mine is back to sold out... first 8 available …. then 2 available... with sold out mixed in between....

Question: Was anyone actually able to order one during all this on Target.com last night/this morning?

Reaction score
Didn't it say out of stock.

Now it says sold out.

This is some bull #$×÷

Reaction score
I thought entertainment earth announced they will list these after comic con.

Has anyone else heard this or any news?

Target is for the birds

Is there anyone here that actually bought 1 besides darthpete

Last edited: