New vader prototype

Reaction score
Yeah, they revealed this during the Celebration con. I think it was an exclusive.
Wt

Reaction score
It’s supposed to be a San Diego comic-con exclusive this summer. There will be many different color combinations according to the guy at the hasbro booth.

Reaction score
According to the article ,they will be available on target.com. Mass produced but still a fun piece to have for 13.00 bucks.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything else on this piece. I would like to get one.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything else on this piece. I would like to get one.
Not sure why the article states they are going to be at Target. I've read in several articles they will be SDCC exclusives. Even that being the case, Hasbro usually makes con exclusives available on their website for purchase. But hot items usually go quick (especially with the scalpers), so you have to act quickly when they are announced for sale.

If ever on sale at their site they will be listed here: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/exclusives.

Reaction score
Cool, a Vader modeled after my 5 yr old's favorite popsicle.

Reaction score
We should dub him Crayola Vader...looks like he is made from crayons.

Reaction score
It definitely is an odd ball looking piece, but I think it is cool enough to display.

I would like to get my hands on one for sure .

Thanks for the link. Hopefully they list one.

Ty

Reaction score
I think the fact that they're trying to release this as if it were a first shot is a somewhat fun idea, but a real first shot would rarely have differenty colored arms or legs, so to me, they've missed an essential quality that any first shot would have. I have no interest in this one, but to those who do, enjoy. I do want all figures from the retro line but thus far, despite tireless searching, I have exactly zero of them...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that I’m against this, in fact I’m for it, but isn’t this more of a LGBTQIA+ Darth Vader figure?
Yes, but its unofficial - if the conspiracy theorist fans got wind, we'd never hear the end of it, and how KK is pushing an agenda, lol.

Its a shame these wont be on pegs, I think a number of collectors would probably prefer to pick the color distribution for themselves, rather than leaving it to chance. With so many combinations, you can order a dozen, and end up with twelve different color arrangements.

Reaction score
Yeah you’re right. Let’s discuss things YOU’RE comfortable with.

It's not that I'm uncomfortable with it. Far from it in fact. It's more I don't know why you have to draw that connection other then it's multi colored. Is it stated somewhere that this Vader is in fact tied to the LGBT community? If not, it just seems like your trolling for a bite.

Reaction score
Not that I’m against this, in fact I’m for it, but isn’t this more of a LGBTQIA+ Darth Vader figure?
No, it's a toy that has different colors. If I were to liken it to something it would be Kenner's original pre production molds.

Reaction score
It's just another Hasbro cash-grab repack with a twist. And yes, I'll buy at least one.

Reaction score
Yes, but its unofficial - if the conspiracy theorist fans got wind, we'd never hear the end of it, and how KK is pushing an agenda, lol.

Its a shame these wont be on pegs, I think a number of collectors would probably prefer to pick the color distribution for themselves, rather than leaving it to chance. With so many combinations, you can order a dozen, and end up with twelve different color arrangements.
I've read conflicting reports, but it supposedly will be exclusive to Target's pegs.

I personally have no interest in this. The Retro Collection reproductions I was initially excited about, they were never at my local Target and my interest is now near zero. Did manage to get Tarkin though. Looks much better in person.

Reaction score
I've read conflicting reports, but it supposedly will be exclusive to Target's pegs.

I personally have no interest in this. The Retro Collection reproductions I was initially excited about, they were never at my local Target and my interest is now near zero. Did manage to get Tarkin though. Looks much better in person.

I feel my interest waning in the retro line for the reason you just stated. Never saw them at the stores other then Tarkin who was really the only one I really wanted anyways. To me the only reason I would want to see the retro line continue is for the production of vintage style figures we've not seen before, like Tarkin.

If I saw this "prototype" vader on the pegs at any store my initial feeling would be that yes this is cool and I should own this. But my next feeling would be telling myself that I don't have to own everything vintage star wars related and I'm ok with that. I would probably pass on the figure unless it had some other interesting card art appeal and I could pay around $5 for it. I don't see myself spending $10 or more on this or a retro figure (unless it's Tarkin or another unproduced character).

Reaction score

Hmm...haven't seen a mention of a retail presence at Target, only their website - it will be interesting if it makes it to stores, but I'm not sure thats something they tend to allow with SDCC exclusives, they're usually limited to online ordering. I'm honestly a bit surprised they arent restricted to Hasbro Pulse, perhaps Target is emerging as the lead retail partner.

Reaction score
It's not that I'm uncomfortable with it. Far from it in fact. It's more I don't know why you have to draw that connection other then it's multi colored. Is it stated somewhere that this Vader is in fact tied to the LGBT community? If not, it just seems like your trolling for a bite.
And those that would bite are the ones who do have a problem with it.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
And those that would bite are the ones who do have a problem with it.
Waggy, and everyone else, don't poke the bear. There is no ulterior motive or hidden Disney agenda. There is no conspiracy or whatever. It is Hasbro having fun with their items and producing something fun. It is meant to mimic first shots. And if you know anything about first shots, they can come in multiple non production colors and the wilder they are the more sought after.

If anyone is here to start politicizing anything, or badmouthing anyone based on their orientation, race or whatever, you will be banned immediately with no chance to plead your case. We will not stand for that here and won't have you part of this community. SW is for all.

Consider this a fair warning.

Mike

Reaction score
Waggy, and everyone else, don't poke the bear. There is no ulterior motive or hidden Disney agenda. There is no conspiracy or whatever. It is Hasbro having fun with their items and producing something fun. It is meant to mimic first shots. And if you know anything about first shots, they can come in multiple non production colors and the wilder they are the more sought after.

If anyone is here to start politicizing anything, or badmouthing anyone based on their orientation, race or whatever, you will be banned immediately with no chance to plead your case. We will not stand for that here and won't have you part of this community. SW is for all.

Consider this a fair warning.

Mike
I appreciate that you're looking out for everyone, all mods should do that.
I have to respond though, because no one even hinted at disparaging anyone. Waggy said he'd support it - I would too for that matter. If they released an exclusive that helped an LGBT charity, I'd buy multiples. My comment about a conspiracy theory was clearly sarcasm because there are fans out there that believe that nonsense. Having formerly modded on this website for years, I've stepped in when there was actual bigotry - that's not the case here. I am a staunch supporter of equality.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I appreciate that you're looking out for everyone, all mods should do that.
I have to respond though, because no one even hinted at disparaging anyone. Waggy said he'd support it - I would too for that matter. If they released an exclusive that helped an LGBT charity, I'd buy multiples. My comment about a conspiracy theory was clearly sarcasm because there are fans out there that believe that nonsense. Having formerly modded on this website for years, I've stepped in when there was actual bigotry - that's not the case here. I am a staunch supporter of equality.
I wasn't directing it towards anyone in particular, just trying to head anything off before someone did. Once someone posts, it is very easy for someone else to respond and it soon becomes a very slippery slope. And there are some that like to poke the bear and try to get things started. I just wanted everyone to know our (my) stance and also show us moderators are still here watching, quietly. Thanks!

Mike

Reaction score
I mentioned it because it does resemble the rainbow colours of the flag I suppose and SW is very political. But given today’s toxic political climate in the USA I understand why mods want to steer clear of this on this forum. Strange since SW has always been very open minded and progressive according to GL.

Reaction score
So, back to topic.

Anyone hear anything on target.com pre orders yet.

I did read the entertainment earth would put these up after the SDCC release. I also signed up on the site commercial posted.

I would love to get atleast 1 of these if possible. If they have multiple versions of these, maybe 2.

Ebay is selling these and they are selling high. No surprise seeing how the " I want it now people" will always spend.

Reaction score
It's a great looking figure, but I don't see myself spending very much on it. I'd have to see it in person and the price would have to be right. I wouldn't preorder it or buy it online myself just because it looks like another custom figure that many many toy artists have recreated over the years. I've got a few of those custom mocs myself for my snowtrooper focus. If you are a vader focus collector or just love all things vader then I could certainly understand spending a bit more to get one. But I agree with toyman, I wouldn't jump on the ebay "buy it now" boat. I would wait and see how it develops and where it's going to show up.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's only going to cost 12.99. Absolutely no reason to spend anything extra. Even if it sells out and the price jumps higher than it is now on ebay, they will come back down after the dust settles. I remember the sdcc black series exclusives going crazy and then went down within a year. The scalpers will be all over this and I'm guessing they are giving this more attention than the collectors are.

In my opinion, it goes with the retro collection. Just another piece that would be fun to have, but I'm not spending more than face value.

Reaction score
I was briefly debating on doing a "Darth Crayola" side-focus. But the combination of not knowing how many variations there are and the obscene asking prices on eBay turned me off on that idea. Plus I also have to agree with toyman941 when it comes to this. The asking prices for something this new does not even justify even my "premium cost" rule.

Then again... I am trying again with an Empire Strikes Back focus that includes a super-concentrated Boba Fett side-focus. And no, I do not have a Boba Fett-ish for the good stuff. :awesome:

Reaction score
I was briefly debating on doing a "Darth Crayola" side-focus. But the combination of not knowing how many variations there are and the obscene asking prices on eBay turned me off on that idea. Plus I also have to agree with toyman941 when it comes to this. The asking prices for something this new does not even justify even my "premium cost" rule.

Then again... I am trying again with an Empire Strikes Back focus that includes a super-concentrated Boba Fett side-focus. And no, I do not have a Boba Fett-ish for the good stuff. :awesome:
Next Sunday...https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-...3-75-34-action-figure-sdcc-debut/-/A-76167105
I do hope it's not difficult to find, as I think casual collectors will pass on it.

Darth Crayola has 64 variants....lol I hope he comes with various saber colors, I want a green saber to make a Luke Jedi slide saber....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Someone did the math based on Hasbro's restrictions sent to the factory, and there are potentially thousands of variations.
Depending on the total number released, many of the figures will actually have a unique color combination. If you order multiple figures, they could all display different combinations of colored limbs, torsos, heads, and sabers. Someone at Celebration Chicago did a calculation, and there are apparently over five thousand possible color combinations, based on the Hasbro criteria for the figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PS9VD5IhuU

Fast forward to 1:45 for the discussion.

Reaction score
So it will be impossible to get every variation. Don't think there has ever been a figure like that. Variation collectors will have to but every one they see. Lol

Reaction score
I am interested in these because I feel it's part of the retro line. Has anyone seen the back of the card art work.

I'm hoping for some spoilers for the retro line soon, and hopefully in the next week or so with SDCC coming up.